Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in
  Back   Reply

Theater Arts Club- Meeting 1  Members Only 

Reducio
If you are interested in being part of this club please sign up here! You can join the club at any time, always happy to have new members!

Sonya walked into the rehearsal room, exited to run the first meeting of her new club. She showed up to the rehearsal room a little more than twenty minutes early, with papers and pencils in her hand, to set up. She didn't really need to set up anything though. It was more time to give herself preparation for the meeting. This first meeting was just to get to know the members and listen to their ideas. It was going to be just a casual get to know you meeting.

She sat the papers and pencils she had been carrying up on the stage and walked around the room. She made sure everything in the room was just right to run her first meeting. The room was orderly and Sonya found nothing she needed to adjust. She got a chair and placed it down in front of the audience seats, as she didn't want to be up on the stage for the meeting. The members of the club could fill up the front row of seats, as there weren't many members. She was hoping for more but oh well, it was still early on, she could get more latter.

She checked the clock, it was five minutes until the meeting was supposed to start. She sat in the seat in front of the audience, ready for anyone to show up at any time. She knew that people could show up late or early, and was prepared for either of those. She waited to welcome whoever showed up first.

"Life is never what you plan"

Arriving five minutes early, Tina ambled into the rehearsal room for the first meeting of the Theaters Art Club. She was excited and nervous. She couldn't wait to start performing, even though she was a little worried her nerves would get in the way. She wondered what the other members of the club would be like. Would she be able to work with them? Are they usually friendly or hostile? She took a deep breath as she sat on the far end and gave Sonya a small wave. She didn't want her to think hat she disliked her, but she didn't feel comfortable sitting next to people.

Taking in the organization of the room, she appreciated how much effort Sonya had put into this first meeting. She must be very passionate about the arts to start a club and be so invested, she thought as she settled into her seat. She knew it would take a while for other members to arrive, so she opened the fiction novel called Divergent and began to read. She was almost finished, wanting to know whether Tris and Four survived their predicament. The story absorbed her so much that she wasn't very aware of her surroundings.

Tina Addington
~Strive for Success, Kill with Kindness, Defeat and Destroy, Read and Recall

Sonya smiled as a girl walked into the rehearsal room. When the girl walked a little closer she saw that it was Tina, a girl who seemed a bit shy but had an amazing audition. "Welcome!" she greeted with a little wave when Tina waved at her. The girl sat a bit aways from her in the audience and read a book. Sonya smiled. She could tell this girl was an introvert, buried in her book, and was glad that she had taken a chance in her theater club. She knew it could be hard to get yourself out there, but Tina seemed really talented. She wondered what all the other members would be like.

Sonya ran through the events of auditions in her head, trying to recall everyone who had auditioned and their first impressions. There was of corse Tina, who did an amazing monologue, another girl she thought of was Devina, who seemed really confident with her audition. Those two seemed like opposites in terms of personality but both were very talented in the craft of performance. She remembered another girl who auditioned with Romeo and Juliet, she believed her name was Aeri. It would be nice to have someone who knew about the classics. There was a boy, Harley, who auditioned with his work in progress play about Voldemort. That seemed questionable, but he was a good actor and first impressions weren't always correct. There was a familiar face that would be in the club, Elena, who was a talented musician Sonya was in the Enchanted Souls Band with. And last but not least her friend Stella, who was talented in acting and music. She smiled at the thought of all the talent that would be in the room that meeting.

Aeri quietly walked into the Rehearsal Room about three minutes early and looked around the room. She spotted two other girls in the room and shyly smiled at them as she bowed slightly in greeting. "안녕하세요~" After walking closer to the other girls, she cleared her throat and rubbed the back of her head nervously. "I mean... Hello~" Aeri wasn't entirely sure what she needed to bring to the first meeting, so she had her school bag that contained some Shakespeare plays she had brought from home in case she needed something to remind her of home or just a book to read.

Looking around once more, the young witch found herself an empty seat and sat by herself. She still didn't know either of these girls yet, so she would stay shy for a while. However, maybe it wouldn't take too long for her to open up and show her true personality that she kept hidden inside of her. Aeri then opened up her bag and started to read 'Hamlet', hoping that the other girls wouldn't mind since it wasn't time for the meeting to start yet. "To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer...
"

Reducio
Korean Translation

안녕하세요 - Hello

Korean Romanization

안녕하세요 - annyeonghaseyo

"There is no shortcut to perfection. All it takes is hard work and more hard work." -Jonghyun

Ellara rushed into the room, practically running into the wall, as she attempted to slow her run. Seriously, one would think she'd known her way around at this point, but being all cute and clever as she would, of course, she decided to take a "shortcut" and get completely turned around! No matter, she was here now, and that was enough to keep her in good spirits. "Woops, guess I was in a bit too much of a rush. Hey, guys!"

She offered an apologetic smile, trying to keep the soft blush from gracing her cheeks in embarrassment. So far, the turn out wasn't all that bad. Sonya, of course, was present, alongside Tina, which she'd ridden on the train ride to Hogwarts with, and a few she didn't know, not that she minded. The whole point in getting involved in clubs was so she had the opportunity to meet new people, and here, it looked like she'd be receiving the chance to do just that.

Ellara set her messenger back over by the door and walked over to join Sonya and the others. She had no idea what would be happening at this meeting, but figured they'd find out soon enough! "Hey, Sony. Have I missed anything, yet?"

“Just because you can’t see something doesn’t mean it’s not there. Sometimes you just have to have heart in what you believe in.” ~Ellara Butler

Sonya looked up at another girl coming in. It was Aeri, one of the people who did Romeo and Juliet at her auditions. "Hi," she greeted as the girl sat and began to read Hamlet. Aeri seemed to really be into Shakespeare. Sonya smiled. The two that were there at the moment were quiet, the opposite of what people would expect theater kids to be like. She liked that the club would be diverse in personalities, having many different kinds of people work together and hopefully become friends along the way.

Sonya was glad that she had decided to make this club. It would be a good opportunity to improve her skills as a performer by working with more people who shared the same craft as her. Judging by the auditions, most of the people were at varying levels. That was something Sonya was looking forward to. They could all take the chance to learn from each other.

Sonya got brought back to attention when Ellara burst into the room. She came in running then hit a wall, she still looked quite happy. Sonya gave her a sympathetic smile. "Hey! Nothing's happened yet, we're still waiting for everyone to show up," she assured her. Ellara seemed like a nice bundle of energy. Sonya was glad to have her in the club.

Elena opened the door to the rehearsal room and walked on in, "Hi everyone! Nice seeing you all here! I'm Elena if you didn't already know."

She was wearing simple black jeans, a pastel green t-shirt with a little snake on it since she'd been feeling a bit of house pride recently, and a zip up hoodie a lot like the one she usually wore, it was comfy so why not, you know? She had also brought her flute and fiddle with her in case she needed them. She sat down on a chair and took out the flute, she figured she should tune the instrument one more time before the meeting started in case she needed to play something.

"I brought my stuff with me in case someone needed me to play, I left the viola behind this time but if anyone needs me to I can go back and get it." Elena checked each of the notes before moving on the the fiddle, both were tuned fine so they made a rather nice noise, she had to get a new flute soon though. This one was sorta failing a little bit, it would be fine though. Winter break wasn't that far away.

When It All Comes Down To Dust I Will Kill You If I Must
Strength - 7 Agility - 8 Control - 9 Stamina - 6

Henry'd peer through the door before walking in too, lifting a hand in a wave. He was nervous but wasn't exactly scared. He noticed there were only girls there at the moment but he presumed there'd be males too.

Henry hadn't auditioned due to late notice but was a massive fan of modern musicals like RENT, Dear Evan Hansen, Wicked etc. Mainly because he was able to sing most of the songs from it. Although, he did also venture into some old plays from Shakespeare every now and again, just to broaden his knowledge. He had nothing with him at the moment aside from a small notepad and pencil. His eidetic memory allowed him to be able to remember some of the scripts and songs that he researched last night in preparation for today.

Moving further into the room to get closer to the group, he'd give them a dimpled smile and a wave. Henry's an introvert but when he's passionate about a topic, he'll talk for days. His weakness is that he can easily become anxious- his older sister always called him a worry wart. Fixing his sandy fringe for a moment to ensure he could actually see the individuals, Henry'd introduce himself.

"Hello, I'm Henry. Reed. This is the theatre group, right?"

You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

Ellara shot a smile back at Sonya and moved over to set her bag on the side of the room. They had a decent turn-out. After all, this was theater... She wasn't expecting that many kids to show up, and she bet that most present would be from some form of muggle-descent. Do wizards even have musicals? She added that to her list of questions to ask at more appropriate times.

Everyone present seemed nice enough. She already knew Tina and Sonya, and the stuttering girl was by no means viewed as much of a threat. It seemed like she may end up okay. Just as her items were getting settled and she'd been alerted nothing had been missed yet, another girl entered the room - A Slytherin who apparently went by the names of Elena Jones. It looked like she was more of an Orchestra student than actual drama performer, but more the merrier!

Following after Elena was a new, unfamiliar face. A boy gave a slight wave as he entered the room, dressed in Ravenclaw robes and evidently a bit nervous. After taking a moment to survey the room, he took a moment to introduce himself as "Henry Reed" and confirmed the arrival to his destination. Ellara offered him an encouraging smile and replied, "If that's who you wish to see, then you're in the right place."

“Just because you can’t see something doesn’t mean it’s not there. Sometimes you just have to have heart in what you believe in.” ~Ellara Butler

"Great, great..."
Henry'd nod at the girl who'd confirmed his question, walking further into the room to take a seat.

Starting with the female who'd spoken to him, Henry'd quickly analyse the others in the room. The gingery one seemed slightly suspicious of people but since she was wearing Hufflepuff robes, he assumed she would be a decent enough person. Otherwise she would not have been put in that house, right? The fact she smiled at him helped to reassure him of her personality, smiling to strangers usually shows a more down to earth one than those who don't.

Next was the girl who was carrying lots of instruments. He took note of her green snake shirt but dismissed it, he wasn't about to put his guard up immedietly just because of a shirt. She was clearly alright with everyone as she was relaxed in her chair whilst sorting her flute or whatever it was out. Surely she wouldn't be here if she didn't want to be- maybe he could ask for some tips on musical instruments, he played a little bit of guitar.

The next girl had brown hair and big eyes, almost like a does. He took note of her dress sense and how she must be the leader considering where her chair was placed compared to the others. They all looked around the same age as him, which was pretty cool. He moved off the leader girl soon enough as he didn't see anything off about her.

The Asian looking girl also went past his raydar, all he really got was shy mannerisms and obviously the one person he was sure he'd seen around, the Ravenclaw, was reading. He made a mental note to catch up on some books that he hadn't read in a while, dismissing his quick thought process of profiling the girls.

Sitting down on the front row with the others, he'd wave again at them.
"Nice to meet you all."

Sonya grinned as a couple more people walked in. The first was Elena. They were in band together and she was a great instrumentalist. "Hey Elena," she greeted after she walked in. She liked Elena and wanted to get to know her better. She always seemed pretty approachable, maybe Sonya could try to hang out with her sometime.

Sonya looked back to the door as another person walked in. It was a boy, unlike everyone in the room at the moment. He was Henry, who hadn't auditioned because he had joined a bit late. She didn't know much about him because he hadn't auditioned, but she was determined get to know everyone soon. "Hi Henry," she smiled. The boy looked around the room, seeming to be analyzing everything. Sonya was glad they seemed to be having a decent turnout to the meeting. She'd wait a bit longer to see if anyone else would show up.

Sonya was lost in thought for a bit, thinking of something that would start a conversation. She wanted to get to know everyone better and see what kinds of theater everyone here liked. "Who here likes musicals?" she asked enthusiastically. Musicals were one of her favorite things and always loved to talk about them with people who shared her interests.

Henry'd send a wave over to Sonya. He was immensely happy that he was starting to learn faces through the clubs that he's doing.

He was throwing himself into everything in order to try and get the best experience out of Hogwarts. Of course, if his studies get in the way then he'd take a hiatus since studies always come first. Maybe that's why he was put into Ravenclaw, now he thought about it.

At the mention of musicals, he'd perk up, leaning forward on his seat to look back at Sonya. Henry had grown up watching older musicals like Annie Get Your Gun, The Sound of Music and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. He just loved the range of songs and usually cringy acting. Although his siblings at put together for his tenth birthday and him and his eldest sister went to watch Matilda in London. He loved the theatre and couldn't choose what exactly he loved most; maybe the atmosphere of excitement and wonder, or the bright lights and blasting music making you forget you were sat amongst loads of other people.

"I do. I've only ever seen Matilda live but I've watched quite a lot either on YouTube or on DVD- though I'm unsure as to whether they're as popular in the wizarding world? Or do they have different ones?"
He was eager to learn if there was any differences or whether he could gush over the romance between Maria and Captain Von Trapp with the girls.

Sonya smiled when the boy said he liked musicals. She figured that the people who signed up would but she still felt excitement in hearing that people shared interests with her. "I'm honestly not that sure," she said in response to the question about wizards and musicals, "I've never heard of a musical that was only made in the wizarding world." She had only seen musicals in the muggle world and was now interested in the subject. She could ask someone who possibly knew a bit later. She was just so glad to be having a conversation about musicals.

"I've seen several shows live, I have family in New York City," she smiled, "Let's see... a few of my favorites to see were West Side Story, Les Miserables, and Falsettos. It's so hard to choose a favorite musical though." She had seen many shows in New York with her cousins and it was always an enjoyable experience. Although shows weren't always the most affordable and didn't go around everywhere in the world, nothing compared to seeing a live musical. Everyone was just so talented and Sonya loved to appreciate all the actors. "What are some of your favorites?" she asked.

Reducio
Guess I'll just double post since nobody else has :sweatingbullets: Just ignore my previous post.

They were five minutes past the time the meeting was supposed to start, so Sonya decided to begin the meeting. "Ok everyone," she started, "It's time to begin the meeting! Since there's not a lot of you let's stick to just one row of chairs." She had hoped more people would show but it was a casual club and they didn't have to come to all the meetings. People could be running late as well. It was a small group today, which was a bit disappointing but it would probably work out well for getting to know each other.

Sonya stood up from her chair at the front of the room and began to speak. "As you call hopefully know I'm Sonya Carlson and I'll be running this club," she introduced herself, but knew the people here already knew who she was as she had seen them all before at the auditions. "In today's meeting we won't be doing anything super serious. We'll just be going over a few things we may do in the year and getting to know each other," she explained. She hoped she didn't sound too boring. She wanted everyone to be exited for the club to start and make new friends. "How about we go around the room and say our names and something about yourself. I'll start!" Sonya said enthusiastically, "As I already said, I'm Sonya Carlson. Something about myself is... my favorite Shakespeare play is As You Like It," she gestured to whoever was sitting at the end of a row, "You can go next!"

"No, no, no!!" Stella cursed silently as she ran through the hallway. "AARRGGHH!" She was late. First it was the Writing Club meeting, then the Dance Club auditions, and now this?! Stella's sudden outburst surprised a few students, but because Stella was so late, most everyone was either in their Common Rooms, hanging out in the Great Hall, or, of course, at a CLUB MEETING.

Papers flying out of her brown leather satchel, Stella pulled off her stupid Hufflepuff robes, revealing her black jeans, leather jacket, and combat boots.

Sure, her blue-black hair was disheveled and her clothes were a wrinkled mess, but why did that matter? Come on! The meeting started seven minutes ago!!Stella yelled at herself. She took off into a sprint, her DADA homework falling out of the satchel and landing with a THUNK on the ground. No time to pick it up. Stella would grab it later.

Without thinking, Stella pushed open the Rehearsal Room door, which made a louder slamming noise than she had expected. Whoops. With a guily smile, Stella awkwardly scanned the room. "Er, hi Sonya! And, um, the rest of you!" Stella was too exhausted from running at top speed to keep up her cold manner.

"Did I miss anything?"
Sorry for being so late, can I still join the thread? Thanks!

Outside of a dog, a dog is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's dark
- Groucho Marx
  Back   Reply