Rehearsal Room

Register
Sign in
  Back

Sergei and the Beast!  PV Cast & Crew   Closed 

Reducio
I think we already have a cast picked out, but this will just be for fun. Check this if you would like to join!

Anatole had the single best idea known to mankind. It was great, fabulous, honing all of his ideas he had ever had together. It sounded perfect, amazing.

A dramatic production.

Of one of his favorite plays: Beauty and the Beast. It had the flair he wanted, and yes, it fit in perfectly in a castle like this.

He had spent his free time, writing up a flyer instead of working on his column for Gryffpost. It would tell all about it: the cast, the plot, the whole thing. Well, he was sure everyone knew what Beauty and the Beast was. However, it would star one of his favorite Professors if it was all plotted out right...

Sergei Yorkinovych. The Transfiguration Professor, as Belle.

It would be hilarious. Nothing could make eleven-year-olds laugh harder than seeing a man, especially their teacher, in a dress.

With his agreement, he posted out the flyer, hoping people would come...

---------------------------------------------------

Flustered, Anatole rushed into the first rehearsal. He had to be honest, no, he did not have the scripts, but he knew most of the songs by heart and the basic plotline. It couldn't be that bad, could it?

"Alright, Cast! Who's ready?"
Last edited by Anatole Evans on 17th May 2018, 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

"Dancing with fine women and ruling equally fine castles."
The Lord of Advanced Summoning, Anatole Evans
STA:14 AGI:7 STR:4 CTRL:5

This was single handedly the worst idea known to man. Eris has gotten an invite from Anatole Evans to star in a hogwarts dramatic reenactment of beauty and the beast. Being one of her favorite movies growing up, the young red head had agreed in a heart beat. Of course, thinking about it later, Eris had realized she really didn’t want to act in front of the whole school. And she didn’t remember any of the spoken lines in the whole movie. Just the songs.

The silver lining of the odd situation was that the Transfiguration Professor was going to be Belle. In a cast of children who had no idea what they were doing, including Eris, the idea of forcing the eestemed professor into a dress was the most hilarious thing known to man.

The rest of the cast wasn’t there yet when Eris pushed open the doors to the room they were using to rehearse in. Anatole Evans was there, being the person who started this whole thing.

It was undeniable that the appeal of seeing the Transfiguration Professor in a dress had brought plenty of children into the cast, although nobody was there yet but Anatole and Eris. Nodding to her fellow Gryffindor, and grinning at him, Eris took a seat on the cold floor and waited for the others to show up.

FACILIS DESCENSUS AVERNI.
Eris Fawley:
Strength: 6 //Agility: 10 //Control: 9 //Stamina: 10

At first, Rhea had no idea that the rest of the students would take this production seriously. She thought it would be a joke, something that no one would audition for. She, herself, had auditioned as a joke. Of course, not as a main role, since those were taken by the professors, but as someone who would be there. She had gotten the role of Mrs. Potts, and Rhea thought that she would be able to pull it off quite well.

It was the first rehearsal, and the rehearsal room seemed one of chaos. No one had the actual script in hand, and most only knew the lyrics to all the songs and the vague plot. Yet, it couldn't be too bad. There would be some sort of final production. Rhea was sure. 

The costumes still hadn't been made, so Rhea was simply dressed in the comfiest, outdoor clothes she could find - skinny jeans, a white off the shoulder shirt, and some nice new white shoes she'd gotten. Rhea walked into the rehearsal room, thinking that she would be the first one there, but there were two others - Eris Fawley and... something-that-started-with-an-A Evans. She'd only met them vaguely, Eris more than the other, and she hadn't particularly remembered Evans's name; the only thing she knew was his name started with an A. She resorted to calling him the first a-word that popped into her head-Anteater-until she figured out what his name was. 

Seeing an empty chair, she sat down in it and waved to the others. She didn't know what roles they'd gotten, but was sure that it was to be entertaining nevertheless. In an attempt to start some conversation, she shrugged and asked: "What roles did you guys get?"

Rhea was curious to know. Would she be partaking in any scenes with them? She hoped so. In the back of her head, Rhea realized that she had yet to ask for the other Gryffindor's name... but she didn't, and settled for simply calling him 'anteater' in her mind.

the trouble is, if you don't risk anything -- you risk more.
♕ℛ ♕
Strength: 9; Ability: 8; Control: 8; Stamina: 10

Oh no. Oh. No.

Adam was staring at the cast list for Hogwarts' semi-official new musical production, Sergei and the Beast. It was a spoof of an old fairy tale that had been told and re-told for years, and one that Adam's mother had made him watch when he was little. He couldn't remember much of the real story, but the songs had been catchy enough, even if he didn't like the plot. He hadn't thought much of the production until Anatole and Eris had talked about auditioning, and he had figured, what could go wrong?

It turned out that a lot could go wrong. Normally, Adam was a pretty accepting guy. A very go-with-the-flow, roll-with-the-punches kind of person. But this was something that he couldn't accept. He'd scanned the cast list, finding his friends quickly. Anatole had been chosen for Gaston, which was a bit of a surprise, but, good for him. Eris was the Enchantress. Adam didn't really remember who that was, which meant it must have been a smaller role; the name still sounded awesome, though, so he was happy for her. Adam's problem was with his own role: LeFou. He only remembered the name because he had marveled at how ridiculously stupid the character had acted in the movies. He knew it sounded whiny, but Adam didn't think he could stand pretending to worship Anatole for the entire play. He would die. No, someone else would die.

When he entered the Rehearsal Room, Adam sat down next to Anatole, Rhea, and Eris and glared at the other boy. He figured that Anatole wouldn't miss the chance to seize every opportunity he got with their connected roles. "Not. A. Word." he warned through gritted teeth, and waited for others to come through the door. He'd be interested to see who else had been cast for this strange show.

Adam Harringtom
STR: 10 AGI: 5 CTRL: 8 STA: 12

For the first rehearsal, Anatole came back in a little late. He had been flustered and trying to hunt down the sheet music somewhere in the library, at least, so he thought. He doubted they had the whole play. "Well, I found the sheet music for the songs, but not the script. I bet you someone here can definitely play it on the grand piano. I would try if I wasn't in the play itself."

As his attention honed in on the three new people, he smirked with delight. The cast had already came in partway. He raised an eyebrow at Adam, the persona slowly rising to show on the outside. "Boy, you guys get here quick." He passed out some of the sheet music he had hunted down, each person getting a different song since he didn't know how else to make copies except with painstaking transcription by hand. "You guys can just take a look over these until the rest of the team gets here."

He sat down in between Rhea and Adam, looking over a random song of his own. It was marked at the top, "Bonjour!", aka the opening song that Belle, well, Sergei sings. It certainly didn't look like it was in Sergei's vocal range, especially since the Bulgarian had insisted being a bear half the play. He burst out laughing, having to cover his mouth. Then, he looked back to Adam, biting his lip and grinning. "Not. A. Word," his sidekick remarked through gritted teeth.

"Is this a word?" He kept laughing with his mouth closed, failing to anticipate what could happen next. His reply was classic for his age.

Anatole scanned the pages, noticing he had a little part close to the end. The whole song was fast-paced, and since Anatole wasn't the best singer, it would take a bit of practice. He felt like he had the character of Gaston already nailed thanks to his false self.

But he knew this was going to be great.

Ava walked in shily. She was not really used to plays - both seeing and acting in them. Fortunately, she did not have to do anything. Except measuring, buying fabrics, sewing, and all that. Do anything on the stage. Well, she still is trying something new and still stressful. Sewing and then putting the things she sews out there in the world for everyone to see was certainly stressful, and she was not really sure about the bear costume the transfiguration professor wanted to be in half of the play. 

Maybe he will settle with a onesie...? That would certainly be easier, especially since I have never done an actual costume with a head and everything before... she thought and walked towards the corner of the room, trying to not look suspicious or get any attention to herself. It would be better if she just waited 'till they are all done with everything they need to do and then she can interrupt them in any way, take the all of the measurements she needed to actually do the costumes.

She leaned against the wall and took out her sketchbook with small thumbnail sketches for the costumes. Ava was mostly excited about Bell- Mr. Yornikovych's signature yellow dress. Big, beautiful, and also challenging. She started doing more refined sketches of the costumes. First - Ms. Potts. Something white and porcelain-like. Not a lot of tuille so it won't be the same as the Mr. Yornikovych's dress just in a different color and so it will look like actual porcelain.

The girl looked around, trying to guess who is going to be which character. She maybe was a pure-blood, but she still loved the muggle tail and was curious about the Hogwarts' Representation of it. 

faceclaim: Yvonne Michel |
STA: 3 | AGI: 3 | STR: 5 | CON: 4 | ARCP: 8 | ACC: 7 |

There are many days in a child's life that you just go with the flow. You live a routine lifestyle, mostly around your class schedule, homework and extracurricular activities. In Serena's case, this was mostly her Prefect duties with some time for the Hufflepost. What she did not expect to add to that list was the one thing she was walking to do now: a drama play. Did she remember signing for this? No, not really, to be honest. She could not act and hated being in the centre of attention so drama was definitely out of the question for her. Yet somehow, she ended up receiving the news that her name was on this list. She had been assigned the role of the play's Director. 

Serena walked down the corridor, attempting to find this Rehearsal Room deep in thought. When exactly did she agree to this, that was the million galleon question. More likely than not, someone had mentioned it to her when she was half asleep in her Transfiguration class. That Professor, man he bored her. Professor Sergei's classes were, whilst interesting, pretty difficult for Serena to grasp. The whole idea of Transfiguration made sense to her. The concept made sense to her. Yet, she seemed to struggle at the application or explaining exactly how to do it. It involved too much thinking for her liking. And when she struggled, she started to give up - and sleep seems like a better alternative. Thus, she ends up half asleep attempting not to doze off in the class. If there was any class you should not sleep in, it was probably his. He seemed like he would be very scary when he got mad.

In any case, she somehow ended up signing up to this idea. And Serena was a woman... Uh, girl, of her word. The Towers took their word seriously, after all. If they made an agreement to do something, they would see that it was done. Serena was loyal to her word. She had apparently agreed to help with this play titled "Sergei and the Beast" so she would be there.

Stepping into the Rehearsal Room, she looked around and spotted a few familiar faces. She smiled at her peers, "Hey everyone, you're all here for the play right?" She called out as she entered, "So uhh, what exactly are we doing?" She asked, with an expression that pretty much looked like the smiling sweat drop emoji on Muggle devices. She needed a cast list to figure out who was who. Right now, she spotted Anatole, Adam, Rhea and Eris in the room though. A grin appeared on her nervous face as she felt comforted by the fact that all of the were people she knew. There was another girl in the corner of the room but she did not recognise her. Judging from her school uniform, she was a Slytherin that Serena did not know. She looked busy though, with a book in her hand as though she was working on something so Serena did not want to disturb her.

She had no idea what to expect but... that was kind of the charm of the whole thing. Or, shall we say the beauty of it? At least, she could spend this time with some of her friends, that made everything better, right?

Serena Towers --> Sta: 3, Agil: 8, Str: 2, Ctrl: 4, AP; 4, Acc: 9

Ava looked up, hearing the door open and someone talking. "Uh..." she started stuttering. "My name is Ava. Ava Silver. I am responsible for the wardrobe," she said and turned the finished sketch of the Ms. Pots' costume towards her. She took a deep breath. "And I have literally no idea what we are doing. Ask..." she looked towards the person she believed was responsible for this whole mess. The boy was a Gryffindor and Ava had no idea what his name was. "Yeah, ask him." she turned back to her corner and her sketches. 

Next... Gaston. Again, no idea who will play it but she knew that she should not go too far away from the original design of the fairytale. Obviously, she had to do the rest shirt or whatever you would like to call it. Or was it a vest and he was wearing a white one? The girl shook her head and looked at her thumbnail version. A vest. And then the belts and pretty much everything else - most people, including Ava, recognized Gaston not for what he was wearing (though it was somewhat iconic) but how his character acted and how he was. The girl looked at everyone in the room.

"What roles did you guys get?

Rhea looked up as the door opened and more students piled into the room. There was Adam and Serena, who she recognized, and another Slytherin girl who claimed she was on wardrobe. She looked up with a grin as Adam trudged in, a sour expression on his face. What part had he gotten? Was she supposed to know? She only knew her own role, which was Mrs. Potts. And apparently two other students had been cast to play Chip and Crack, her children. But that was the extent of her knowledge. Everything else she hoped would be revealed later. 

To her surprise, when Adam spoke, it was not words of joy. Rather, he was bitter and angry - presumably about the part she'd gotten. She laughed at Anatole's classic comeback to Adam's words of "Not. A. Word," but then her attention was quickly taken by the Slytherin girl walking in. The young Bishop couldn't guess what the other girl had gotten, and it seemed the Slytherin had no intentions of talking as she simply sat down and examined the rest. Rhea shrugged and turned her attention once more towards the door, when Serena walked in. Hm, why was she here? From Rhea's limited knowledge about the Hufflepuff prefect, she didn't seem like one to act. So then what role had she gotten? Perhaps a crew member. Yes, that was probably it. 

Soon, the silence that previously encompassed the room was broken by the Serena talking, then the Slytherin. They both asked the same thing, and the Slytherin introduced herself as Ava Silver. Silver? Yes, Rhea had heard of that family. 

"What roles did you guys get?" asked Ava, and Rhea grinned. 

"I got Mrs. Potts," Rhea said. She looked at Ava, who apparently was in charge of wardrobe. "Have you got a costume for me yet, or no?"

the trouble is, if you don't risk anything -- you risk more.
♕ℛ ♕
Strength: 9; Ability: 8; Control: 8; Stamina: 10

Ava chuckled and shook her head. "I am here for taking the measurements I need to actually sew the costumes. For now, I have a rough sketch of what I want it to be." she flipped through her sketchbook and gave the book to the girl that was supposedly playing Mrs. Potts. "I was actually just working on these. I have thumbnail sketches for everyone and refined sketches for you and the person that is going to play Gaston," she looked at her. "I hate my drawings too.

Ava looked around, trying to guess who was going to play who. The only person she knew from the bunch was Eris - the girl she met in the library. "Also, I will need to buy fabric and all that. For now, these are just small sketches, so if you have anything you would like to have included in it, you either tell me now, or you do not at all. Later in the process, it will probably be too late, so as I said - ya want anything,  ya tell me now." she said and schooled herself in her thoughts. You are talking too much, idiot. Shut your mouth. she thought and smiled at the girl. "What about you guys? What roles did all of you get?" the young Silver looked at the rest.

OOC: if you want to see why i hate my art, i posted it in the :Sergei and the beast: thread in the leaky cauldron.

Reid ran a hand through his hair, shuffling as he stood beside Serena with a script in his hand. He glanced about as the others chatted, many seemed to know what they were doing. He was a little lost on the other hand, he didn't watch Beauty and the Beast much. In fact, he got through it half way before opting out to watch the football match between Derby County FC and Bristol City FC. Perhaps it was better that he actually read the material better and didn't join because there was a potential that he would see a Professor in a dress. 

Or was it that he would be a bear in a dress? Reid didn't know, he was just in it for the joke. Plus, he had figured he would reward himself after spending a few hours actually studying in the library. Some bags had formed under his eyes and he seemed a little drowsy, thankfully he knew better than to let gravity take a hold of him. His hand came up to brush his eye, rubbing it as he yawned ever so slightly. The one of the issues was that he didn't remember a character named Chip. Who was Chip? 

There were so many characters and he didn't even finish the movie in the first place. Reid glanced up, finally speaking up after he flipped through the script. "Wait, so is Chip that kid who was a cup? Or was Chip the clock?" he asked, no one in particular. Did he have to sing? Reid was never in a play before but he certainly didn't know how to sing. Now he was starting to doubt coming here, he was terrible at singing in the showed- so this probably wasn't any different. "Also, so I also have to sing?"

sic parvis magna.
STA: 3, AGL: 5, STR: 9, CTL: 4, AP: 3, ACC: 6

Anatole brushed his hair out of his face, watching more and more of his cast and crew crawl through that door. The good majority of them looked happy to be here, but some read plain and utter confusion as to either why they auditioned, why they were casted, and what the heck the play even was.

There were a few surprises in the second category rather than the first, such as Serena, the supposed Director/Stage Manager, Reid, who was playing Chip, and a couple others he had to painstakingly explain this whole situation to them. So, with a long breath, the short Gryffindor climbed on top of the Grand Piano, trying to get everyone's attention.

"Well, um, hello everyone!" He laughed a little, trying to make due of what he had to work with. The star of the show wasn't even here, nor was a good part of the cast. "I'm Anatole, if you don't already know me, and I'm the guy who basically started this whole thing. I just...uh thought it would be spectacular if we tried to put on a bit of theatre here to spice up an otherwise bland rehearsal room." He had to hold up his cloak to prevent himself from tripping. "I've been looking in the library and found myself a songbook for all of us, some of which I've handed out songs to people already, but if someone can try to find a semi-official script book, that'd be nice. Uh..." Anatole was struggling to think of what to say. "Well, today, until we find out what to do, I decided we look through a couple copies of the book the school probably has on hand and maybe try to dig deep into the characters we're playing." He shrugged, tossing a book to Reid. "There's only two, so I think you should share." Anatole tossed another book to Rhea. "We'll start singing and staging when more people are here, I suppose, uh, well if Serena is okay with that."

He pushed himself off of the piano, catching himself before he tripped. "Announcement over."

Anatole had overheard some of the questions earlier, and having a little more knowledge of the plot and characters (considering it was one of the boy's favorite productions alongside Phantom of the Opera and Anastasia), he tried to answer them. "Well, uh, yes. Chip is the cup kid. As for my role, I'm Gaston." Having known he would need to practice smiling for the role, he grinned at Ava. "My pleasure," he joked, never seeing the girl before.

Natasha entered the rehearsal room, barely standing up. In her hand, she held 20 scripts. 14 for the cast, and 6 extras for the crew. She stumbled on some things lying on the floor and dropped all of the books with a loud thud. Everyone stared at the newcomer. Her cheeks turned pink and she smiled awkwardly. Waving shyly, she announced,

“Hey, uh, I’m Natasha. I’m the props manager for the play.” she bent down to pick up the fallen books. “I’ll hand out the scripts to cast members and put the rest over there.” she pointed towards the table on the side of the room. 

Natasha looked at the first script. Mrs. Potts. That’s Rhea, right? she walked over to the redhead and handed her the book. 

“Your parts already highlighted.” She smiled and glanced at the next book, Chip, who’s played by Reid. Slowly, she handed out the rest of the scripts and then walked towards a blonde girl, who Natasha believed was head of wardrobe. 

“You are head of wardrobe, right? That’s a pretty fun job. Have you got any costumes yet?  I can’t wait to see Professor Yornikovych in a dress.” Natasha rambled. She realized that she was talking excessively and blushed. “Sorry if I’m asking too many questions.” She was actually really excited for the play. Beauty and the Beast, well I guess now it’s Sergei and the Beast, was one of her favorite movies growing up. Natasha wished to have been a cast member, but being in charge of props was still going to be exciting. She smiled and paid attention to the brown haired boy answering questions at the front of the room.

Reducio

STA: 5; A: 5; STR: 6; CON: 3; AP: 3; ACC: 8
~
I will not be a flower picked only for my beauty. I will be wild, difficult to find and impossible to forget. -Erin Van Vuren

Adam flipped through his script and couldn't help but grimace. Yes, the bumbling character of LeFou was just as obnoxious as he had remembered. At least he got to organize the mob at the end of the play, which was pretty cool. Plus, nothing worse than getting beat up by furniture ever happened to LeFou. Anatole might get to be the master of me for the better part of the play, but I don't see him surviving, do I? It was also appealing to Adam to think of all the fun he could have poking at Anatole's character with subtle lyric changes or actions during the production. This was supposed to be an enjoyable experience, wasn't it? So Adam would enjoy it in his own way.

He sat down next to Reid Kovacs, the boy that'd be playing Chip during their school production. Adam only knew Reid from the snowball fight they'd had during March, and the last time he'd seen the Hufflepuff boy he had been in the middle of being carried to the Hospital Wing. He looked a lot better now, and Adam smiled at him before speaking. "Hey. I'm Adam. Want to go over some lines while people are still getting here?" Lowering his voice a little bit, Adam added, "Anything to get us out of singing, right?" Motioning towards the book in Reid's hand, Adam felt guilty for having not realized that he was probably intruding. "Unless you want to look through that, of course."

Adam Harringtom
STR: 10 AGI: 5 CTRL: 8 STA: 12

There wasn't much intention for this to come true. But he somehow entertained the idea thanks to a student of his, Anatole Evans. It had been a mere joke at first, a simple jest at the boys mention of the old muggles movie. He didn't understand it at all, a girl who would stay with a beast. He would have killed the beast and hung its head above a fireplace. He would have done anything but fall in love with it and would have opted out to make the thing a furniture piece. 

However, he figured the young ones got a much tamer mind and he didn't need to scare them by bluntly telling them how he'd create a mantle piece. Perhaps he could propose a few changes, ones that were age appropriate and prevent him from having to do anything remotely feminine. Why he even agreed to do this was unbeknownst to him, he had things he could occupy his time with. However, he figured that the others might not be so keen on such an idea and he bit the sword.

Between grading papers, roaming the halls like a boogeyman, and being one of the general terrors of the castle - he found time to read the script. It seemed ridiculous, to be cast as the part of Belle, he would have rather be the beast. He was an Animagus after all, being scary and beast like was a specialty of his. But it only made him cringe to know he was given the part of the lead, the female lead. The name certainly didn't fit a Bulgarian man who looked like his face had a beating. 

"Belle." he grunted, gripping the doorknob of the door. The man figured he should have a word with whoever was running the show, presumably his student - Anatole Evans. The Bulgarian man stepped inside of the room, finding himself towering over a decent group of students. Some of them he recognized and others were hard to put a name to a face. But one stood out, the supposed director of the group. "Good evening you lot." 

His accent was thick and hopefully understandable when he talked. He didn't find himself feeling awkward as he closed the door behind him; he had a few questions for the young Gryffindor. He navigated the group and showed the young boy the page, "Evans, I have a question for you. Why am I cast as the role of Belle? The female lead?"

- S.Y., Professor of Transfiguration
  Back