Library

Register
Sign in

Did you need me for something...?  Finished 

Reed was gathering book after book on charms in the now almost-kinda-sorta-home away from home everyone called the library. He had 13 books stacked on a table next to a seat he normally sat at, and didn't even know if that was enough. His sub-par control over spells was going to drive him crazy, so he's been spending all his free time in the library as of late whenever the Ravenclaw prefect wasn't in classes, or putting his knowledge into practical training.

"Next up...." He muttered pulling another book from the shelf, and tossing it onto the table. At this point, he may never get through them all, but he didn't care. After he told his parents that he became a prefect he felt an undying urge to become what his dad couldn't be. A professional duelist. Though not nearly as popular a sport as quiditch, Reed felt something basically YANKING him towards that path. he knew it would be hard, but regardless he would push and push until he eventually amounted to something.

Lost in his mess of thoughts, and daydreams he starts throwing books he wanted several feet onto the table. They were all very thick hard cover books so he doubted any would get damaged, but he seemed to ignore a certain redhead who almost got a copy of 'from simple party tricks to war-causing destruction' thrown into her face. Of course, Reed didn't seem to notice.

Eris had been in the library scouring the shelves for a fantasy book like the ones she had at home. She really wanted to find a muggle book like the Maze Runner or something along the lines of that, but so far, the small girl had only found books about the wizarding world. The gyffindor prefect had happily picked up the books though, and added them to the growing collection in her arms. The magical world was just like something out of her fantasy books, only it was real life. Eris still couldn't believe some of the things she had read about, like winged horses or the merfolk that apparently lived in the huge lake on the grounds. Eris hadn't seen the merfolk, but she had seen the giant squid. Her friend Kaegen had instantly connected with the creature, although Eris preferred to keep away from the terrifying beast.

Eris entered a new section of the library, spotting a black haired boy looking at books. She stepped closer to him, hoping to check out the shelf of books near the boy, only to feel a rush of wind and a slight thudding noise, as a book fell on her foot. Eris stared at the book in an expression of disbelief, than bent down to pick it up. "From simple party tricks to war-causing destruction." Eris read outloud, scowling at the back of whoever had thrown the book at her. "Was your first trick to toss a book at the gyffindor prefect?" She asked, biting down on her anger. She didn't want to start screaming in the library. She was a prefect, and wasn't going to let her anger get the best of her. She would politely ask the boy what he was doing, throwing a book around. Than if all else failed, she would make sure to give the boy detention. Prefects could do that right? Eris wasn't sure. She hadn't really read over the letter about being a prefect that she had been given. She had been too busy wondering why the school had picked her--a nobody-- to be a prefect. She supposed it was because of her mother. Maybe they wanted to see if there was any way that one of the Rowle offspring could be good.

THE EXTREME ALWAYS SEEMS TO MAKE AN IMPRESSION.
Eris Fawley:
Strength: 6 //Agility: 10 //Control: 9 //Stamina: 10

Reed winced hearing someone behind him. Ooooh boy not detention agai-oh wait. He was a prefect. He wasn't exactly sure if that made it better, or worse if he did anything wrong. "Uhm....well, I can explain!" He said, before turning around. He then recognized the redhead from the day before, and snapped his finger. "Oh, nevermind it's just you! I thought I would be in trouble. Uhm....Eris, right?" He said, as his body went a bit looser.

"I'm sorry about that, when I get caught up in things I tend to ignore my surroundings...I was aiming for the table." He said, pointing to the table covered in books. "I'm.....studying. What are you doing in here?"He asked with a smile, before going up a small ladder to get to more books. "I'm personally having trouble getting a good grasp on charms, of all things. I can't do hardly anything, and I feel like at this point I should be on top...I am a prefect after all. Gotta be a role model of your house and uhm....the house of knowledge, and wisdom tends to be full of some crazy smart people. " Before he could ramble on any more, he grabbed one more book called "To summon hellfire to heat your lovely evening meal" Which could have been a cook book for all he knew. "Oh god, rambling again. Did you need me for something? I told you I'd be here."

Eris offered the boy a smile, even though she had to rack her brains for his name. Reid? no that was the hufflepuff prefect. This one was Reed. Reed Wesley. The talkative boy who had spilled ink on her robes. Eris had just gotten rid of the ink, after a lot of pleading. She had ended up begging an older student for the cleaning spell, and the student had just cleaned her robes for her. Eris wasn't pleased that she had to ask for help, as she was supposed to do everything herself and be a role-model for other students. But nooo, the gyffindor prefect had ended up asking for help.

Eris frowned at Reed. She hadn't realized he had said he would be here. She hadn't even been paying attention to any of the other students around her before the book was dropped on her foot. Eris had been busy trying to find the perfect book to read. So far, she had found about 6 books that seemed perfect, but she needed more. She didn't want to admit that she wasn't here to study. She was just in the library for her own pleasure, not to be a good student.

"Uh, er. I'm here to read." Eris squeaked out, face going red. She hated admitting that she loved to read. Back home kids would tease her endlessly for her love of reading. She listened to Reed speak about the pressures of being a prefect and nodded her head, blush fading. "It's a lot of responsibility to be a prefect. Just now, I had to ask for help with cleaning my robes and I felt like a sinner. I mean, are we allowed to ask for help? We're supposed to be role-models and stuff!" Eris let out a groan, hefting her books up in her hands. By now, the pile of books was so large that the small girl's face could barely be seen, and her only defining trait was a pair of bright brown eyes peeking out from the pile of books, and a tuft of bright red hair. She looked about 5 years old, but Eris didn't seem to notice, as she happily chirped away. "I mean it's quite fun though. I enjoy the new bathroom and the badges." She said, not even bothering to try and point to the badge on her chest.

She frowned again, barely even distinguishable. "I don't think you're rambling." Eris said, attempting to shrug her shoulders. Eris was used to people rambling. Most of her friends talked a lot, and the small girl had learned not to mind it at all. She tried to

Eris Fawley:

"I'm 90% sure we're allowed to ask for help! I mean, it'd be unbearable if I was just thrown into all this. Thankfully Bloom has helped me through this stuff." Realizing the Gryffindor may not know who Bloom was, he clarified "Erm. Bloom Silverton. The other Ravenclaw prefect." After ordering his piles of books, he sat down and stretched. "Sorry again about that ink...it's bloody amazing to see you got it out so fast! And uhm....sorry about the book. I get carried away."

The ravenclaw prefect then opened the first book titled 'The revelation of mud-blood talent' talking about all the legendary mud-blood figures in the past 300-ish years that helped create/perfect several spells that are now commonplace.

Before Reed got TOO invested into the book, he realized the Eris girl hadn't left yet. This was....strange to him. Usually people didn't stick around too long. His talking would annoy someone to a point of leaving after the smallest moment of silence. "Oh. Yeah the bathrooms are really nice. I still use the normal school baths, but mostly because the others normally occupy it in my free time, so I just get clean and head back to the dorm to read. I'll get to it eventaaaaaaaaAAAAA I HAVEN'T PICKED UP MY BADGE THIS WHOLE TIME!" He yelled, being hushed from across the shelves. He awkwardly gave a 'sorry' before slumping in his seat. "This whole time I thought more people would approach me, but chances are no one noticed who I was. UUuuuuuuUUuuuuuUgh." he groaned. "I'll grab one tonight...anyways, are you looking for anything? I can see if I can help, since I still owe ya!"

Eris shrugged. She had heard of the Ravenclaw prefect in passing, and she seemed nice enough. Although, Eris had heard she had cooties because she was dating a boy. Eris's fellow prefect hadn't helped her ease into the role whatsoever. Siege wasn't one for 'helping'. So far, Eris hadn't even talked to Siege, and was perfectly fine with that. Eris was glad they were able to ask for help, and smiled as Reed mentioned her robes. "I had somebody help me with it." She said, not feeling all that embarrassed that she had asked for help. Although, she still wished she knew the spell to clean robes.

Eris peered at the book in the boy's hands, wrinkling her nose at the title. She knew mud-blood was a rude name for muggle born, and didn't get why people had to say that. Much less why a title that offensive was on a book in a library that children and muggle-born people could access the books.

Eris raised an eyebrow, wondering why Reed had started to look through the book. They weren't even done with their conversation yet. Eris opened her mouth to ask Reed if he was okay. He seemed to be very forgetful from what Eris had seen of the raven-haired ravenclaw. When he finally looked up, Eris again opened her mouth. This time to say that he should try harder to get into the prefect's bathroom. It really was very nice in there, but before she could say anything Reed started screaming.

Eris's mouth widened in horror. He had just started screaming, than calmed down enough to talk about wanting people to talk to him more in the span of a minute. Eris blinked rapidly, trying to process everything he had just said. She realized she should say something, and in a rather flustered voice, the red-head stuttered. "Um.. I'm looking for fantasy books."

Eris Fawley:

Reed went a big red-faced noticing he made Eris feel awkward. "Oh jeez, I'm sorry. Erm....Fantasy as in all the normal people's fantasy books? Or what the wizards consider fantasy?" He asked, putting the book back on the pile. He was homeschooled, and never made any friends so his behavior was mostly due to his parents, who were almost exactly like him. Reed then thought for a moment, before walking off towards a row of shelves. "Either way, I found something the other day you may like!" He said, motioning the Gryffindor to follow him.

He moved at a steady, fast pace through isles of books, having already gotten used to the massive maze of knowledge. After walking for a few more seconds he stopped, and pulled a ladder nearby to go a few shelves up. "Around here somewhere is magical fiction...Aha!! Here!" he said, pulling out a hard cover book titled 'The Tales of Beedle The Bard' He climbed back down the ladder, and held it out to the other prefect with a huge grin. "My parents kept this around the house, actually. I never knew it was grounded in some truth, but the stories are probably what you're looking for." He said, before walked back towards his table.

He abruptly stopped to remind Eris "I think there's more like that up there, but I haven't looked too much into it....anything else?"

Eris dismissed the boy's red face, assuming he was just nervous after almost throwing a book at her head. That's how Eris would of felt if she had almost thrown a book at somebody's head. "I don't care what, I guess, as long as it's fantasy." The small girl chirped, watching Reed stalk off through the isles to find a book. After a second she followed after him, happy to be in the library. Although, she kept looking around, hoping to keep out of the librarian's immediate eye-sight. She had already been yelled at once by the woman for starting a fight in the library. She didn't want to get kicked out, or get detention.

Eris smiled as Reed handed her the Tales of Beetle and The Bard. She had, of course, read it already. Her sytherin friend Ava Silver had recommended it for Eris after a meeting in the library, and a day spent looking for Hogwarts, A History and discussing inter-house communications. "I've actually already read it." Eris said, still smiling apologetically. It was a childish book, but Eris had enjoyed it all the same. There was some reality in it, if you believed in the Deathly Hallows. From what Eris had read about the Deathly Hallows, it seemed to be what the story of the three brothers was about. That wasn't her favourite story though. Not by a long shot.

"I did love the one about the Warlock and his Hairy Heart." Eris didn't want to explain, but she found the story to be delightful, in it's own sense even though it didn't end the way Eris had wanted it too. If the Tale of the Three Brothers was true, who was to say the story about the Warlock wasn't real as well?

"Do you happen to know where any other interesting reads are?" Eris asked carefully, broadening the topic of books. Anything in this library was magical, and just as interesting as a fantasy book. Perhaps she could find other books that she liked, that weren't just fantasy.

Eris Fawley:

Reed thought for a moment, and tapped his foot against the smooth, hard floor. He sat lost in thought for almost a solid 30 seconds. He then snapped his finger then climbed back up the ladder without another word. "I remember this being in the hogwarts express....well, another boy let me borrow it. I only got 3/4ths of it done before arriving here, but I think it's what you'll like!" He then let out a grunt reaching for the very top shelf and sliding a large hard-cover book. It had to be at least 700 pages long with large paper. On the cover were golden designed leaves around the title. Reed walked right back down the ladder, and set it down on a nearby table.

"A Treasury of Myths, Legends, Magical Facts, Lies, and Beyond." He read aloud. "That's a mouth full innit?" He laughed, and opened it to the index. There were three pages of titles from short stories to famous journal entries. "I also hear this is a tri-annual release. This is uhm...the second. The next one comes next year, and will have white leaves." He said proudly. He was glad he hunted down something, but didn't get his hopes TOO high up.For all he knew, this Erica girl probably already read it.

Eris quickly dropped her heavy stack of books on the nearest table, with a little sigh of relief. Shaking out her arms, she turned towards the book Reed was holding up, face lighting up in a beam. The book was heavy, and beautifully designed gold leaves circled the title. "A Treasury of Myths, Legends, Magical Facts, Lies, and Beyond." It looked beautiful, for a book. Then again, all books were beautiful. The cover of this book was artful though, and Eris's face lit up in way that made the shorter girl look even younger than she already looked.

"Oh it's perfect!" She gushed, face turning red with embarrassment. The red-headed girl now looked like a tomato. Oh how she hated admitting just how much she loved to read, but this book was perfect. It was long enough to last Eris throughout a month. If she was being honest, it would last her a lot longer as she was having a hard time to sit down and read, since school and prefect duties were getting the best of the young girl. She also had to write for the gryffindor post, and on top of that, Eris had friends to hang out with. Sometimes it felt like she was never going to have time to do anything.

"It's perfect, but god knows when I'll ever get time to read it." She said, sighing, as she took the book away from Reed with a grateful expression. "Thank you." She said starkly, face still heated. Hopefully he wouldn't call her a nerd.

Eris Fawley:

Reed nodded, and his face went red ever so slightly. Seeing someone get so happy for him giving them some help just made him so happy! "Well, just so you know people don't really like books like that here. There's more like it up there on the top few shelves, and people rarely take them." He said, before looking outside, seeing lines of line slowly moving up through the beautifully decorated windows, signaling the sun's setting. "Oh shoot! It's getting dark. I gotta meet Bloom for patrols!" Reed figured he'd come back and grab his pile of books after the patrols, so he straightened up his robes.

"Uhm...It was nice seeing you again, Eris. It's always refreshing to see another bookworm outside of Ravenclaw!" He joked to her with the redness in his cheeks still lingering. "Uhm. I'm pretty sure books can't be kept for that long outside of the library, so just keep that in mind. Getting in trouble is the worst thing for a prefect's image...I would know..." He winced remembering how he walked into the girl's dorm by mistake on the first day, and he nearly got caught by the students. Luckily with a little explaining he got off the hook from the teacher, but he was terrified.

"So yeah....Bye Eris! Happy reading, and good luck with your work!" He said in a singsong voice, before breaking into a light jog through the huge library, leaving behind echoes of his shoes clicking on the floor.