Library

Register
Sign in

Family Histories  PV Rhea Bishop   Finished 

Eris had agreed to meet one of her fellow red-headed dorm mates in the endless shelves of the library. After a conversation with Amelia Lowell down by the Great Lake, Eris had learned that the other girl, as knowledgeable as she might of been, was not a high-ranking pure blood family, and had not had any experience dealing with Eris's impossibly far-off family. Desperately, she had decided to ask one of her room mates. Rhea Bishop. She was known for being pure-blooded and for having knowledge of everything about the illusive world of the higher class wizards, and the world Eris's long-lost family was part of.

The worse part of the situation was waiting for Rhea to go to their designated meeting spot. Once the conversations started flowing, Eris imagined that the two girls would be able to have a nice conversation. From what Eris had seen, Rhea seemed nice enough. All though pompous at times. Although, a lot of people at the school were pompous at times, and according to Amelia, it was a trait of pure-blooded families, that had passed the brown-haired ravenclaw and been given to everyone else with pure-wizarding blood running through their veins.

Patience wasn't exactly Eris's strong suit, and she had showed up much earlier  than expected to the library. Patience might not of been Eris's strong suit, but reading was.  She had already gone through the Pure Blood Dictionary so many times that the pages with the Rowle family were worn from her hand prints. The pages around it, especially the pages of the Falwey family were equally worn, as Eris tried to figure out the connection between her mum and the other missing boy. So far, nothing had clicked in her head.

Hopefully Rhea would be able to answer her questions. Sighing and leaning back in her chair, Eris turned to look around the room. Where was Rhea anyways?
Last edited by Serena Towers on 14th April 2018, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE EXTREME ALWAYS SEEMS TO MAKE AN IMPRESSION.
Eris Fawley:
Strength: 6 //Agility: 10 //Control: 9 //Stamina: 10

Rhea was not one to be late. Ever. It was a trait that had been drilled into her head ever since birth: "if you want to be successful in life, Rhea, never be late. A proper witch is never late, no matter what." It was hard for the redhead to forget that when it was written on the walls of her childhood bedroom. Yet somehow, Rhea had lost track of time and was now sprinting to meet Eris in the library. She tripped over someone's leg in her hurry and yelled a small apology over her shoulder. She heard the student grumble but she ignored it. 

She could see the doors to the library in the distance, and she moved her legs faster. She threw open the doors and walked in, looking for the other redhead. The librarian cast Rhea a dirty look but Rhea ignored her, instead scouting out Eris. She eventually found her towards the back, kind of hidden between the bookshelves. 

Rhea slowly made her way over to the ginger hidden in the depths of the library. As she walked, she thought about what the both of them were to talk about. Eris was her dorm mate, and once Rhea had introduced herself as a Bishop, Eris had become interested. Something about her mother or other. Rhea had heard about the Rowles, knew their story; it was told as sort of a cautionary tale to all parents of children of Rhea's age. All parents made sure not to make the same mistakes Jane Rowle's parents had. 

Rhea finally approached the other girl and sat down across her. She crossed her arms in front of her in attempt to seem proper and looked into the girl's eyes, maintaining eye contact. 

"Sorry I was late," Rhea said with a cringe. The words had never left her mouth, and she hated that she had to say them. It seemed a disgrace to someone of the Bishop status - but then again, Rhea had been sorted into Gryffindor. So maybe there wasn't too much for Rhea to worry about in terms of disgraces. "Did you have to wait long? I hope not."

Rhea still wasn't completely sure what Eris wanted to talk about. Why did she not know about her mother? Didn't her mother ever tell her her story, what had happened to her? It seemed not, and Rhea was more than eager to help the girl. In Rhea's eyes, someone who knew every single tiny thing about her family tree, every young child needed to know their family history. But first, Rhea had to find out exactly how much Eris knew and how much she wanted to know. For the Rowle family story was not a nice one. 

the trouble is, if you don't risk anything -- you risk more.
♕ℛ ♕
Strength: 9; Ability: 8; Control: 8; Stamina: 10

The silence in the library was deafening, enough so that Eris lost herself in the pages of her well-read book, foot shaking against the floor as she read the page about the Rowle family again. They were a family of death eaters, muggle haters, and one of the infamous Sacred Twenty-Eight. Those words were drilled into the girl's head, as finally she set the book down on the table of her secluded corner and rubbed at her tired eyes.

The silence was absolute, so when heavy footsteps started up, and the silence was broken by a hiss from the librarian to be quiet, Eris stopped rubbing at her tired eyes, and looked up. There was nobody around yet, but the footsteps were getting closer. Hoping it would be Rhea, Eris pushed herself up in the seat, just in case she needed to greet the other girl.

Sure enough a sliver of red-hair appeared around the corner, than the face of the other short haired red headed chaser appeared into view. Unlike the other girl, Eris was not used to the ways of pure-bloods and acting dignified, so she offered the other girl a smile as she came to sit down, and slouched down slightly in her seat.

Rhea's expression turned sour as she apologized for being late, acting as if it was the worse crime in the world to be late for something. Eris was always late, finding herself lost in the hallways of Hogwarts, or losing herself in a book or a conversation. It really wasn't something to feel bad about. Everyone was late sometimes, and Rhea hadn't been that late. At least she had showed up.

"I didn't have to wait long at all." Eris replied, easy smile still on her face, although her heart was hammering in her chest, as Rhea looked at her expectantly. She was no doubt wondering why Eris had called her to the library to discuss her family.

"Right. Well, I wanted to talk to you because I wanted to know what you know about the Rowle family. Specifically Jane Rowle. I talked to Amelia Lowell before about the Ro-my family," Eris was still having a hard time thinking of the Rowle family as her own family, but she was trying to treat them as such. "She told me the basics. About them being," She swallowed, "Death eaters. But not really anything about my mum. I was wondering, as a pure-blooded person who's family might know m-mine, if you happen to know anything?" Her voice broke on the words mine, as she uncomfortably moved around in her seat, avoiding Rhea's gaze.

Eris Fawley:

It was silent for a while as Rhea debated what to tell the girl. Eris, it seemed, knew absolutely nothing about her family, her knowledge barely skimming the surface. Rhea could see Eris not knowing what to do with her hands, slouching down into her chair. Rhea instantly felt uncomfortable; her posture made it seem as if she was better than the other. With that thought, Rhea decided to undo her proper posture. Besides, it was getting uncomfortable. She removed her clasped hands and placed them in her lap, before putting her left ankle on her right knee and laying back in the chair. That was much more comfortable.

Rhea snuck a look at the book that was laying down next to Eris. It had--very obviously, might I add--had been read many, many times, and Rhea wondered away. She was going to ask, but decided against it. She guessed that the answer would come out eventually, just like the true reason as to why Eris had called her to the library. 

"Right. Well, I wanted to talk to you because I wanted to know what you know about the Rowle family. Specifically Jane Rowle. I talked to Amelia Lowell before about the Ro-my family," Eris paused, as if preparing herself for the next words, "Death eaters. But not really anything about my mum. I was wondering, as a pure-blooded person who's family might know m-mine, if you happen to know anything?" The girl's voice broke on the words 'mine', as she fidgeted in her seat and didn't look into Rhea's eyes. Rhea nodded in understanding, finally understanding where to start. She looked at Eris once more before starting. 

"Your family's story is very well-known among our pureblood families. It is told as a cautionary tale, for parents to heed and make sure that they don't make the same mistake Jane's parents--your grandparents--made," Rhea paused and looked at Eris, trying to gage her reactions. "You only know that your parents were Death-Eaters, right?" Before Eris could answer, Rhea asked another question. "Also, we don't know the entire story. After a certain amount of time, all traces of your mother had disappeared. And so had Luca Fawley. You know of their relation to one another, no? Because we didn't, not for a while. It took your grandparents the help of others to figure out that your mother had bewitched him to forget his previous life and live the life of Luca Elcan."

Rhea hoped she hadn't spilled too much in such a short amount of time. Perhaps the girl had not known about her parents' relation. Rhea paused, and waited for everything she'd said to sink into the girl's mind.

♕ℛ ♕

Her family's story was well known by pure-bloods. Although it didn't sound like the kind of story one told their children in the hopes of making them sleep soundly through the night. Her parents were death eaters? Eris supposed she shouldn't of been that shocked, considering her grandfather, Thorfinn Rowle, had been a death eater. According to Amelia.

Eris nodded, that she did indeed know her parents were death eaters, although she didn't know that. She didn't want to sound so clueless about her own family, when the other girl clearly knew so much about the Rowle family, and her mother. She was grateful for Rhea's help, but didn't want to admit the true extent of her lack of knowledge.

Her evident lack of knowledge was proven when Rhea's final statement slipped out, "others to figure out that your mother had bewitched him to forget his previous life and live the life of Luca Elcan."

Eris felt a little dizzy, as she sat abnormally still in her chair, repeating the words over and over again in her head. So her father really was Luca Fawley. She was related to not one, but two pure blooded families. Her mother had brainwashed her father. So the marvel and horror movie loving man she had grown up with wasn't real? The man who had ran away, after her ninth birthday, screaming about his hatred of Jane. That made sense now. But how?

Eris refused to cry in front of the strong red-headed girl next to her, staring up into the lamps in the library to keep the tears from flowing freely down her face. Her mind was reeling, as thoughts raced around her mind. Each thought worse than the last, echoing in the strange abyss of her brain. Her father had a family that cared about him. That had looked for him. That had found him.

Why hadn't they found Eris? Did they know she existed? Why hadn't they sent her a letter?

"Do they know I exist?" Eris asked in a low mumble, not trusting herself to speak in more than a whisper, as the sheer force of Rhea's statement sank in and made it's mark on the small red-head.

Eris Fawley:

It was clear that she'd said too much. Rhea was sure she'd pushed Eris over the edge - why had she told her that much? She should have waited and spread the information over a longer amount of time. But in her excitement, she's spilled almost everything she knew about the Rowles and Fawleys. She could see the other's eyes start to well up, and Rhea pressed her lips together in worry. She leaned across the table and help Eris's hand in her own in an attempt to comfort her. She wanted the girl to know that someone was there for her, no matter what. Rhea herself had no idea what Eris was going through, but she wanted to make sure that the other knew that Rhea would always be there for her. 

Rhea herself was surprised at how much she knew. Most of the information she was telling her dorm mate she'd stumbled upon while reading on her own family. The Rowles and Fawleys were mentioned in practically every pureblood-history book she came across, both of them being so influential. It gave Rhea quite a start when she'd learned about Eris's existence. The upper pureblood families, at least those who knew of the Rowle situation, always thought that Jane had had kids, but no one was ever sure. Perhaps if Rhea told her parents that she'd met Jane Rowle's long-lost daughter, they would skim over the fact that she was sorted into Gryffindor? It seemed like a brilliant plan, at least in Rhea's mind. 

Rhea looked up into Eris's eyes and was surprised at the emotions she found swirling there. She hated what she saw - anguish, misery, shock. She wanted those feelings to disappear. So when Eris asked, "Do they know I exist?" Rhea decided to answer truthfully. She'd learned from past experiences that if she lied to make someone feel better, it would only succeed in making them feel worse. It was better not to make the same mistake twice. 

Rhea tilted her head and knew to word her next words carefully. "Not exactly. Everyone in the pureblood community... they had an inkling that your mother, Jane Rowle, had a daughter - in this case, you. But no one knew for sure. I think that if I tell them that you do, in fact, exist, they'll be ecstatic. I have no doubt your father's family would love to meet you." Rhea specifically didn't mention what the Rowles would think. Rhea, being only 11 years old, had not been allowed in the 'pureblood meetings' that had been held once Jane Rowle had disappeared. What she knew right now was from eavesdropping on her parents conversations, and that was it. But, she hoped that everything she knew would be enough to satisfy Eris's needs. Perhaps, when she met the rest of her family, they would explain more to her than Rhea had.

♕ℛ ♕

Eris sat there, in the silence of the library, as Rhea stopped talking, dominated by a profound sadness that one should not feel at the age of 11. Fatigue engraved on her pale face, Eris lowered her face and turned to look at Rhea. Her eyes were still watery, but no longer was she in danger of starting to cry. Her shaking foot stopped it's shaking on the floor, as she stared at the ceiling, silently processing Rhea's words. How strange, this feeling. Her whole life had been absent of family, absent of grandparents, aunts, uncles, and the other family members.

Seeing other children with their families, at the park or at school, had hurt Eris when she was younger. Wanting to have a family, wanting to celebrate Christmas with a large family to give her presents. She wanted aunts to play with her at the park, and wanted grandparents to tell her stories of their own lives. Her whole life, Eris had wanted those things. She had always asked her mother why they didn't have a large family, or a family at all, besides Eris, her sister, mom, and sometimes father.

Her mother had always said that it was because their family lived far away. Now, it was obvious that her family did not live, as far away as Jane Rowle claimed. Her mother was simply hiding from them. That drained the tears from Eris's face, replacing the sadness with anger. Her mother had taken a family away from Eris. Eris wasn't able to grow up with aunts, uncles, grandparents, or a sane father because of her mother's mistakes.

It was upsetting, really. The little eleven year old girl wasn't able to process all her feelings about her family and her mother. Attempting to focus her breathing, and still struggling in her attempt not cry in front of the put-together pure-blood, Eris tried to focus on her the story that Rhea was telling. It was hard to think of it as her story. As her own family. But it was. This was the story of her family. One of rage, betrayal, and general confusion.

It really did seem like a story. Rhea seemed pained, looking guilty for telling Eris about the story. Eris wanted to tell her that it was okay, that she could handle the story, but she didn't trust herself to speak. The ability to speak, and form coherent sentences seemed like a far off thing, shining gloriously in the future. Eris's throat felt too dry for words, and opening her mouth to talk seemed too hard, as she listened in horror.

Eris wasn't aware of Rhea's situation with her family, or that finding the heir to the Rowle family would highly up the status of anyone that did find the long lost girl. Eyes sparkling, no longer with tears, but with gratitude, Eris looked gratefully at Rhea.

"Would you tell them? For me?" Eris smiled faintly at Rhea, the struggles of speaking forgotten, as she smiled at Rhea with childlike innocence and naivety.

Eris Fawley:

Rhea saw Eris slowly start to crack down, and truly hated the way it made her feel. The young redhead couldn't fathom what the other was feeling, but what she did know was that she wanted to make the pain go away. Seeing another in pain, whether it was emotionally or physically, made Rhea hurt as well. 

Making sure not to topple the chair over, Rhea climbed out of her chair and walked around the table to Eris. She hugged her tightly around the waste, and then pulled the chair around so she was next to her. Rhea didn't know what thoughts were running through the other's head, but she knew that she wouldn't want to experience the same thoughts. Was that selfish? Perhaps, but Rhea knew that if she was ever thrown into the same situation that Eris was in right now, she wouldn't know how to react. She'd had her family around her for so long, she wouldn't know what to do without them. 

When Eris asked, "Would you tell them? For me?" Rhea, of course, nodded. Not only could she see how much Eris was suffering--her eyes were wet and blurry, and her usually shaking leg had stopped, which didn't seem like too good of a sign for Rhea--but returning the Fawley would make her parents be proud of hers. 

"It would be my pleasure," Rhea said with a smile. Then, a thought popped inside her head. Where had Eris been all these years? She remembered the ginger mentioning that she'd run away from her mother, and if so, where did she stay? Rhea was sure that she didn't know any of her relatives, as they would have told her the story of her family. "I remember you said you ran away from home. But where have you been staying? Where did you live?"

Although Rhea had a vague inkling of the answer, she didn't want to believe it. An eleven year old without a home? In Rhea's eyes, that was a disgrace and had to be fixed. If Eris did, in fact, not have a home or any nice people that she'd lived with, then Rhea would be furious. She wanted to propose her staying at the Bishop Manor, but she knew that once the other's grandparents found out of the girl's whereabouts they would, without a doubt, invite her to live with them.

♕ℛ ♕

Will you tell them? Will you tell them for me? Tell them for me. Because I can't tell them myself, because they don't want me, don't know me, didn't look for me. The words echoed in Eris's head over and over again, and it was clear she was about to break down . Breaking in two, she would of said. Rhea was going to find her dad, her grandparents, her aunts, her uncles. The illusive family that Eris had never had. She wasn't going to find it herself, like a heroine in a novel. Someone else, some one who Eris had just met a few months ago was going to complete Eris's lifelong search. Eris wasn't sure how to feel. Grateful, yes. Jealous too. There were too many feelings.

The hug was a shock. Eris had never gotten hugs everyday as a child, nor had she been an affectionate friend, who was always hugging her other friends. She had always thought that hugs, and other acts of affection were limited things, that people didn't do a lot. Much less to someone new. Someone that had as much emotional baggage as Eris. The hug was a shock. But a welcome shock. Eris felt herself lean into the other girl's warmth, allowing herself to welcome the support and friendship offered in the hug.

When Rhea pulled away and sat down closer to Eris, Eris settled herself back on the edge of her chair. The quiet in the library was deafening again,as Rhea whispered into the silence. She would find them. It would be her pleasure. Did Rhea know, in that moment, all that relied on that statement.

It was impossible for either 11 year old girl to know how the bonds of family worked, but in that moment, Eris felt a rush of hope. She trusted her fellow red-headed girl. Someone who had bestowed a hug on somebody she barely knew. Somebody who had taken the time out of their day to talk to Eris, about something that didn't interest them at all.

Eris began to relax a little, storing the thoughts of pain away in her brain to process later. For now, she was going to try and work on calming down. The question was simple enough. Where had she been after getting kicked out. A simple question with an audacious answer.

"I lived on the streets. London's a nice enough city, if you know where to go. Some people helped me out, and then some representative from the school found me. Got me a place to live, until it was time to come here." Eris had answered the question many times before, and it had lost all meaning. There was no hint of the pained emotional girl from before. Just a conversationalist stating a fact. Eris had gotten used to telling the story about her mum. So much so, that she sort of gave up caring about telling it with any emotion.

Eris Fawley:

This girl was unlike any other the young Bishop had ever met. She could see that the hug was unexpected, which would have surprised Rhea earlier but now that she knew exactly what the girl had been through, it wasn't. Not anymore. Instead, she just felt... guilt. Not pity, no, but guilt. How had she, a girl who had everything a girl could ever want, ever feel misery or any feeling of want when there were others going through so much worse. Rhea felt so.. ungrateful, so selfish, a feeling she'd never felt before. It made her disgusted with herself. 

The second Rhea asked her question, she knew it wasn't the right thing to say. She could see Eris struggling her emotions in, and wanted to tell her that it was okay to not be strong. Rhea had learned that, up on the Astronomy tower. What she was feeling then was nothing, of course, to Eris's situation, but the lesson was the same. It was fine to cry. 

Rhea listened carefully as Eris explained where she had lived. A small pang, another one, struck Rhea's chest, but Rhea ignored it. "I lived on the streets. London's a nice enough city, if you know where to go. Some people helped me out, and then some representative from the school found me. Got me a place to live, until it was time to come here." Rhea looked at Eris, but could see no form of emotion on her face. It pained her. A sense of determination rushed through the Bishop, and all thoughts of impressing her parents fled her head and were replaced with thoughts of making the other feel happiness again. 

"When we go on break, I'll make sure we find your grandparents right away. They would take you in, without a doubt," Rhea said, then in a joking tone and a wink added, "But don't forget about me."

♕ℛ ♕

Eris's head was lost in thoughts of the five months she had spent on the streets of London. It wasn't a peaceful thing to think upon, but Eris looked onto those days, with a sort of fondness. Not a normal kind of fondness, but a remembrance of the simplicity of life then. Life had revolved around food, the cold, and the park. Somehow she had survived on the streets, due to the kindness of people that wanted to help a young girl in trouble, and partly due to the hope that her life would change. Just like her mother had promised.

But while her mother had screamed, and warned Eris against the school of magic and the magic abilities that Eris had possessed from a young age, Eris had welcomed the ideas of a magical school. She had dreamed about Hogwarts, and hoped that a wizard or witch would find her and rescue her from her life of boring, dull life of mundane drama and family heartbreak and betrayal.

When she had finally been found, and thrust into the world of magic, Eris had learned a simple lesson. That everybody struggled. Every person struggled with family issues, or something. When she came to Hogwarts, she had found the story of Harry Potter. Another child with a broken family, although his parents were dead and he was stuck with his aunt and uncle. Eris had clung unto that story, idolizing the wizarding hero.

Eris snapped out of her thoughts of the past, and the hero of the past war, when Rhea promised to help Eris find her family during break. Eris couldn't help but smile, cheering up in a heart beat. A family.

She couldn't believe her grandparents were out there. And, from what Rhea had said, her family wanted her. Feeling more grateful than she could express, Eris smiled at Rhea. "I wouldn't ever forget you." She said it with a voice that was starkly honest, with the voice of a child making a promise they would always try to uphold.

Eris Fawley:

A family was something that Rhea hoped everyone had. Sure, it may not be a good one, but at least they had the assurance that there might be someone out there for them. Sometimes. Still, it was better than nothing. Rhea turned to say something else to Eris, but saw that she had zoned out. Hopefully, Rhea’s words hadn’t hurt Eris, otherwise …

But soon, the other girl seemed to zone back in and replied with a happy, “I wouldn't ever forget you." It was said in the voice of a child, a happy and innocent one, and Rhea was glad that she was able to lift the girl’s mood at least a little bit. It was her sole purpose in life, at least for now, in Rhea’s eyes. If she couldn’t have someone be there for her, then she had to be there for everyone. It was the only way to even everything out.

Happy with Eris’s response, Rhea grinned once more, this one more of a relieved smile. So, she took a deep breath in and breathed out, and relaxed. There was no harm done, and Rhea could continue talking to Eris without worrying about anything.

Lucky me,” Rhea replied with a smile. Then, realizing that Rhea still knew nothing of the Rowles and Fawleys after the… event, she decided to ease into the conversation. She couldn’t just outright ask her, that would ruin and inconsiderate - but on the other hand, what other way was she to bring it up? Thinking deeply, Rhea thought she’d finally come up with a good way.

So, erm… what about your life before you...before you ran away?” hoping that the question wasn’t too intrusive, Rhea held her breath. Sometimes, she didn’t know what the limit was, where she crossed the line, and it hurt her often. She hoped it wasn’t the case here.

♕ℛ ♕

Friendship was not something Eris understood. In her life, her friendships had been limited to Adam, Kaegen, and a few others. And clearly, most of those friendships hadn't gone well. Hence, punching Eri Windstone in the jaw and yelling at Adam Harringtom in Defence Against the Dark Arts Class. She hadn't had many friends in her young life, but she understood promises. She understood the depth of a promise, and with all of her childlike brain and heart, she indented to uphold her promise of not forgetting Rhea Bishop. It didn't seem like much, but after sharing so much with Rhea, it was only fitting that the two would become friends. At least in Eris's eyes.

Naive and unable to understand inner motives, Eris had no idea, nor would she even assume that Rhea was using her for power in the pure blood world. Not being raised with traditional pure blood values, Eris knew nothing about the world Rhea belonged too, and by default, the world Eris belonged too, as well.

She couldn't wait to meet her grandparents. Not that she knew a lot about them. There was Demetra Fawley, the legendary matron of the Fawley family, a Hit Witch for the Ministry of Magic, and her husband an unspeakable working in the Love Chamber. Both Demetra and Adrian Fawley were well known wizards in the their time, but there was little known about Jane Rowle's parents. Death eaters who had gone crazy when their daughter vanished into mid-air, along with her betrothed. They were shrouded in mystery, as was the ways of Demetra and Adrian.

Eris smiled back at Rhea, but her smile faded away as Rhea asked about her life being she had ran away. She hadn't thought about her life before going away, not for many months. Life at Hogwarts had been to busy to waste thinking about life before school. Sighing again, Eris leaned back in her chair.

"Well, I was homeschooled with my sister. It was typical, I guess. My mum was always a bit weird. Paranoid and what not. My dad wasn't home a lot. So I dunno." Was that what a typical childhood was like? Eris honestly had no idea. It wasn't like she hung out with other kids and studied their families.

Reducio
((sorry its short and late))

Eris Fawley:

Although she knew that it possible wasn't the best idea to ask what had happened before her arrival at Hogwarts, Rhea knew that it would be the best thing to do if they wanted to advance their friendship. If the young Bishop was to be honest, she saw this friendship really going somewhere and wanted to make sure that she knew everything there was to know, so that when something was wrong, Rhea would know how to comfort the other redhead. It was times like these where Rhea was reminded that she didn't particularly know how to address serious conversations - but, she tried the best she could. And that was as best as it could for the young, still learning, girl. 

The young Bishop listened raptly as the other explained about her living situation - her paranoid mother, her absent father. Why was he absent? She felt it was inadequate to question it, so instead, Rhea offered Eris another hug. What she couldn't present in words, Rhea made up for in actions and hugs. Mostly hugs. She really did love giving hugs to people. 

"Well, at least now you'll have a loving family," Rhea stated, pulling away from her newfound friend and settling down in her chair. Then Rhea thought about what she said and bit her lip. Was she right? Rhea knew that sometimes, pureblood parents didn't particularly... love their kids - but Eris's relatives would, right? How could they not love a girl who had missing from them for 11 years; their long lost granddaughter. Slowly convincing herself, Rhea nodded and grinned at Eris. She wasn't instilling false hope into the girl - no, this was real hope. 

Deciding that they'd had enough of this stuffy library, Rhea stood up and brushed herself off. The bottom of her robes were stuck to her, so Rhea fanned herself, feeling small beads of sweat trickle down the sides of her face. Why was she sweating? It wasn't all too hot, and the library wasn't that stuffy. Then, a happy little thought popped into the redhead's head. What if the two were to go to the beach?

"Hey, Eris," Rhea turned around and spoke with a light smile, gesturing, "It's a nice day out, and I don't think we should spend it inside. Wanna go out to the lake?" 

Hoping that the redhead would say yes, Rhea leaned against the bookshelf - but didn't put all her weight on it, for she had to make sure that the same thing that happened to her when she was with Max Avery wouldn't happen to her here. A small cough escaped her, and as Rhea composed herself, she waited patiently for the other's answer. 

She really did hope Eris would say yes - and hopefully, the Squid wouldn't attack while Rhea was out at the Lake this time. 

Reducio
Heyoo sorry it's short but we're done with this and moving to the lake now yeEEt

♕ℛ ♕