Corridors

Register
Sign in

Wandering the Corridors  Closed 

It had started out simple - the young redhead simply wanted to get outside as fast as she could. The weather was finally tolerable - the sun was shining, small streams of melted snow were running down the steps, and it was decently warm. Her shoulder bag was bouncing in time with her skips as Rhea took her usual way out of the castle - a small, unnoticed if you didn't know it was there, staircase. But as soon as she got there, her eyes widened in shock and she huffed in annoyance. 

As long as she'd been at Hogwarts, this specific staircase had stayed in the same place - unmoving like the rest of the stairs. But today was just her luck. The stairs had shifted to some other place, and so Rhea couldn't descend and make her way outside. 

Sighing, she decided to take the longer way out. She walked back around to where she'd come from, but found that the staircase she'd taken to get to the hidden staircase had disappeared as well. 

"Seriously?!" she exclaimed in frustration. Rhea was now regretting waving off her nanny when she'd been telling her about all the secret tunnels. 

Frustrated, Rhea wandered back and forth. She walked to the right, through a hallway and found herself... in yet another corridor. 

Are you kidding me? the redhead's mood suddenly dipped, turning sour. She just wanted a way to get out of the castle. She continued following the corridor and kept wandering around, but to no avail.

She was lost. 

Now would be a great time for someone to magically appear, Rhea thought with a roll of her eyes. 

the trouble is, if you don't risk anything -- you risk more.
♕ℛ ♕
Strength: 9; Ability: 8; Control: 8; Stamina: 10

It truly was the first lovely day in a long time. Eris Elcan had spend most of her day staring at the windows with a longing expression on her face, watching the snow drip off trees and melt into puddles that were the perfect size to jump and splash in. Already dreaming about jumping into the puddles of melting snow, and sitting under a tree in the sunlight, Eris found herself zoning out in all her classes, day dreaming about going outside and enjoying the rare bit of sunshine.

When classes were finally over for the day, the small girl rushed down one of the many staircases in Hogwarts. In her rush to hurry outside, Eris hadn't noticed she hadn't taken her normal staircase. Swinging her book bag over her shoulder with a satisfied expression plastered onto her pale face, Eris tapped her foot against the staircase. The stairway was moving slowly, leading her to a corridor the Gryffindor prefect had never seen before. Even in her all her months of Hogwarts, Eris had yet to explore all the various hallways of Hogwarts.

Satisfied expression fading off of Eris's face, she looked around the hallway with an expression rapidly turning sour. Turning back to the stairway in the hopes of being able to go back up the stair way, Eris found the stairway had already moved away. Stupid moving stairways. Unable to keep a scowl off her face, Eris groaned. How was she so stupid? How had she even gotten here?

Trying not to start screaming out of anger, Eris looked around the hallway again to find another red-headed girl there. Face turning red, Eris's scowl deepened. How had she not realized there was another person there?

"Do you know where we are?" Eris said, trying to keep her voice calm and collected, even though her face was still bright red from embarrassment. She couldn't believe her bad luck. First she had gotten lost, then let out an ungodly groan like noise in front of another girl.

FACILIS DESCENSUS AVERNI.
Eris Fawley:
Strength: 6 //Agility: 10 //Control: 9 //Stamina: 10

Rhea leant against the wall and slid down, her shoulder bag dropping onto the ground. She was lost, and had no idea how to get outside. Or, quite frankly, anywhere other than this bloody corridor. She tried to get up again but failed, her shoes slipping against the polished floor. She grumbled in frustration before she noticed a girl turn the corner and walk into the corridor. Rhea vaguely recognized the redheaded girl: she was the prefect of Gryffindor. But her name was unknown to Rhea. With a grin of relief, Rhea waved and stood up, managing not to slip on the floor. She hadn't noticed Eris' groan, nor her face of irritation, and walked towards her. 

"Do -?" Rhea was interrupted by the girl, who's face was as red as a tomato.

"Do you know where we are?" the girl asked. Rhea's shoulders slumped in disbelief. She sighed in response.

"No idea," Rhea answered with a sigh. "I was trying to go outside, but somehow the staircase I usually take just--it just disappeared! I don't know where it went and now... now I'm lost."

Rhea crossed her arms and retreated back to her wall, sinking down to her knees. "By the way, I'm Rhea. Rhea Bishop. What's your name? I feel like I should know it." Rhea looked back and forth between both sides of the corridor, hoping to find something that would indicate the way out. But she couldn't. There was nothing. She would have to rely on the girl's navigation skills - which Rhea hoped she had.

♕ℛ ♕

Eris watched the other red-head slump against the wall, and had the sneaking suspicion that the other girl also didn't know where they were. She looked just as lost and frustrated as Eris felt. All Eris had wanted to do was go outside and now she was lost in some random corridor with some random girl!

Muffling another groan by biting the inside of her mouth, Eris waited for the girl to walk over to her. From this angle, Eris realized she had seen the fellow red-head in passing. They were part of the same house and same year. Eris didn't know her name though. Cursing herself for her inability to remember names, Eris set down her book bag on the floor with a heavy thud. They were probably going to be here a while.

The other girl had no idea where they were and seemed to be in a fit of despair, as she sunk to her knees. She was once again huddled by the wall. The girl seemed to snap out of her moping in the blink of an eye, turning to address Eris and introduce herself as Rhea Bishop.

A Bishop? Eris had read about that particular wizarding family in her search to learn more about her mother's side of the family. They were pure-blooded, and perhaps also knew the Rowle family. Maybe this girl--Rhea-- could tell her more about the Rowle family, and why her mother was presumed to be missing. There were already plenty of rumours about Eris's mother, but maybe a real pure-blood witch would know. Eris had already met one girl who knew about her mother, but not enough. Just the horrific backstory of Eris's family. Feeling a rush of excitement that really wasn't beneficial, considering the two girls were lost, Eris answered Rhea's question. "My name is Eris Elcan-but my mum was Jane Rowle." She said breathlessly, staring at the other girl with a hopeful expression.

FACILIS DESCENSUS AVERNI.
Eris Fawley:
Strength: 6 //Agility: 10 //Control: 9 //Stamina: 10

Rhea could see the girl's face contort into an expression of frustration. When she introduced herself as Rhea, she could see the other girl inwardly berating herself for not remembering her name. Was it because she was the prefect, and felt the need to know everyone's names? Rhea couldn't be sure, and decided to shrug it away.

Waiting for the other girl to introduce herself, Rhea started to think. There had to be some way to get out of this corridor. They couldn't just be stuck in it forever. Maybe the staircase would return, and they would be able to hop on it and leave? But that could hours, days maybe. Rhea wanted to get outside now. 

So deep in her thoughts of figuring out a way out of the corridor, Rhea didn't notice the girl introduce herself as Eris Elcan. Elcan... Was this girl a Muggle, or perhaps a half-blood? Rhea hadn't heard of that name before. 

But then she said that her mother was Jane Rowle. Bloody hell, Rowle? Now that name Rhea was sure she'd heard of before. There was no way she couldn't have -- it was the cautionary tale that her nanny, Aida, sometimes told her parents if they were forcing Rhea to go too far for doing something. 

"Rowle? Yes, I've heard of that before," Rhea stated. "But why do you ask? Do you not know your mother's story?" Rhea wasn't sure how much Eris knew about her mother, and as well as that, wasn't sure how much information she could--or, quite frankly, should--indulge. 

♕ℛ ♕

Peering over his stack of books, Coden made his way down the near-empty corridor. He wasn't looking to go anywhere in particular, just somewhere quiet so he could study. He had noticed the two red-heads when he'd first entered the corridor, but hadn't minded them much. Probably just some friends chatting.

What he failed to see was the book bag lying on the floor next to one of them. Balancing his books on one hand, he reached up to readjust his reading glasses. He'd been told numerous times by his friends that he didn't actually need them, but he liked wearing them. Suddenly, his foot caught on the strap of the book bag, not anticipating how heavy it would be, he tried to kick his foot to get the strap off. Instead, when he tried to move forward, the book bag held him in place and he slipped on the polished floor.

He let out a little yelp of surprise as the ground rushed to greet him, his three heavy books scattering on the floor around him. When the books were no longer in his hands, he moved his hands to shield his face. Luckily, nothing was severely damaged when he made contact with the floor, but he definitely had the wind knocked out of him.

He pushed himself up, shaking his head a bit to clear it. His reading glasses slipped off and clattered onto the ground. Fine, Coden thought grudgingly, maybe I won't wear those anymore. Standing up, he noticed the two girls were looking at him. He felt his ears heat up as he stared back at them, not knowing what to say. 

~I must be interesting if you're reading this~

Thoughts rushed through Rhea's head. What could she tell this girl who wanted to learn more about her mother? It seemed like she didn't know even the basics, anything except for her mother's maiden name. Rhea looked sorrowfully at Eris, not knowing that it felt like to not know anything about one's family, as the Bishop family history had been drilled into Rhea's head since birth.

Still leaning against the wall, Rhea looked up at the commotion that was suddenly heard across the empty corridor, echoing throughout the entire hallway.. She saw a boy tumbling down - but why, she didn't know. With a start, she leapt up and away from him for no particular reason. She knew that it was rude of her not to at least try to catch him while he fell, but she was much too shocked to be able to do anything about it. She looked at the other girl, but Eris herself was frozen and slowly creeping away. Rhea sighed and walked up to the boy, holding out a hand to help him. 

She saw that his glasses had clattered down next to her shoulder bag, and the handle of her bag was wrapped around his ankle. Rhea slowly came to the realization that it was her bag that had been the cause of his fall. She picked up his reading glasses with the hand that wasn't extended and handed them to him, not making eye contact. She didn't want him to see the embarrassment she felt because of her ill-placed bag. 

"I'm sorry," Rhea immediately apologized. "I shouldn't have just thrown my bag wherever." Her hand was still extended and she hoped that the boy would take it instead of having any ill thoughts about her. 

♕ℛ ♕

Erin was minding her own business, clutching at a spellbook and aimlessly wandering the corridors in search of some exciting part of the castle she hadn't been to yet. Then, just as she was about to turn a corner, she heard a sharp yelp followed by the distinctive clatter of books and a thud that sounded suspiciously like some unfortunate student had found themselves an untimely meeting with the floor.

She came to a sudden stop, not in the mood to socialize at the moment, and wondered if she should turn around and take her wandering elsewhere. Guiltily though, she thought that maybe she should help whoever it was. The ash-haired girl let out a sigh as she remembered all the times she had been that unfortunate student. It was hardly ever her fault though, a fact that she would defend beyond the grave, and Erin suspected the case might be the same for this unfortunate. Of course, the poor kid could simply be a clutz, which Erin, of course, was not.

A girls voice sounded from around the corner, offering an apology to whoever had tripped over her bag. Erin felt a wave of satisfaction at having her theory proven correct, a small smile tugging at her lips, but then she felt the desire to turn around once more. After a few brief moments of inner conflict, Erin decided that there would be too many unanswered questions if she just up and left, and besides, she reminded herself, socializing wasn't all bad. She might even learn of some new, exciting place to explore. With this thought held firmly in place, Erin started forward. She rounded the corner at a leisurely pace, though holding the spellbook to her chest as if it might serve as some kind of ward against possible evil.

Erin caught sight of a fellow Hufflepuff and two red-headed Gryffindor girls. One of the girls was offering a pair of glasses to the nervous looking boy. Books still lay strewn about the floor, and Erin felt tempted to pick the poor, neglected things up. Instead, she settled for a small smile and greeted the trio, "Hello there, sorry to intrude. I heard a loud noise and decided to investigate what all the ruckus was."

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.
-Edgar Allan Poe

Coden bit his lip, hurrying to untangle the strap around his ankle. Looking over to the two redheaded girls, he saw one of them was holding out his glasses for him. "I'm sorry," She was saying, "I shouldn't have just thrown my bag around wherever."

So it was her bag he'd tripped over. He of course didn't hold any grudge against her for it, though. He should've been more aware of his surroundings and she looked pretty embarrassed already anyway, he didn't really want to make it worse. He grabbed his glasses from her hand and stuffed them into the pocket of his robes. He was about to wave her apology off when he heard another girl speak.

"Hello there, sorry to intrude. I heard a loud noise and decided to investigate what all the ruckus was." She said with a friendly smile on her face. Coden rubbed the back of his neck as he said quickly, "Ya, that would've been me. Sorry for bothering you all." When he finished, he knelt over to pick his books up, gathering them up in his arms again.

"Oh, er, my name's Coden by the way. In case you want to report me for disturbing the peace or whatever." He said with a lopsided grin, tucking a few of his books under his arm.

~I must be interesting if you're reading this~

Reducio
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have wayy to many threads and I'm gonna leave this thread, even though I was the one who started it oof. Feel free to godmode Rhea into leaving, or something.  :D

♕ℛ ♕