Corridors

Register
Sign in
  Back

Weak.  Finished 

Tiny foot steps could be heard as Rosie Parker ran down the hallway, furiously wiping at her eyes. He was so mean. He was so mean. Rosie didn't even do anything! She was just minding her own business, and they just... Had to do that to her.

For context, Rosie was made fun of by a few people for her perky and optimistic personality, and despite standing up for herself, she was put down again and again, comeback after comeback, before Rosie ran away with the laughing ringing in her ears.

Rosie reached a corner and slowed down to a stop. She walked over to the wall and slid down it, breaking down into cries into her hands. She brought her knees to her chest and whimpered, shaking. They were so mean. Rosie was trying to build a strong reputation but she broke so easily. Rosie felt weak. She buried her face into her knees and shut her eyes.

Rosie used to do that when she was younger. She'd shut her eyes and go silent and feel like she disappeared. Of course, it never worked, but it was her coping mechanism. She should've ran to her room, but the tears were already falling from the start.
Last edited by Rosie Parker on 3rd May 2018, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Weak.  Finished 

Eris Elcan, the Gryffindor Prefect who was probably going to lose her position, was trying to be a good prefect. She had decided to patrol the sprawling corridors of Hogwarts after classes. The small girl hummed a little as she worked, scanning the hallways for students doing something they weren't supposed too. She was about to give up and head back to the warm common room to do her homework by the fire when a small blur of a girl ran across the hallway.

Raising an eyebrow, Eris took off after the other small girl. The girl had slowed to a stop, and seemed to be weeping unabashedly in the corner, with her hands on her knees. Eris frowned, worry for the girl she didn't even know clouding her sensibilities. There wasn't anything she could do for the girl, and it wasn't like she knew her. But it was better to have somebody when you were feeling sad, than to be alone.

Kneeling down on the floor next to the girl, Eris stared at her. "What's going on?" Of course, she couldn't say 'are you alright'. The girl did not seem alright, and if she was alright, she wouldn't of been crying in the hallway. If you were crying in front of people, or at least where people could see you, that usually meant something bad had happened, and you didn't have the energy to find somewhere safe to hide. At least in Eris's experience.

THE EXTREME ALWAYS SEEMS TO MAKE AN IMPRESSION.
Eris Fawley:
Strength: 6 //Agility: 10 //Control: 9 //Stamina: 10

Weak.  Finished 

Anatole had just gotten out of eating, tired and trying to stay awake. His physical state was relatively pleasant, and besides being slightly tired, he felt okay. Things had been good, besides serving as a witness for the huge chaotic event that was all the school could talk about. He hadn't seen either of "those guys" since that day. Kae had probably disappeared.

However, he did spot another girl, the little one with the rage-twisted face earlier. Now, she looked sane and pleasant. He rushed toward him, seeing if she felt alright.

As he strolled toward her, he noticed that there was another girl behind her. Rosie. He hadn't seen her since the Rehearsal room and had always been wondering about his friend. She was crumbling like a pillar over time, bending and breaking until she was no more. At least, Anatole wished it had never come to it. His face broke too, watching the happiness fade out of her eyes.

Within his first few days, Anatole felt like everything that seemed happy might have just disappeared, like Kae. His only friend was crying, there had been fights and Patricia still hadn't replied to his letters.

Looking at her made him feel sad, despondent, even. But nothing like her. He somehow powered through it, kneeling down beside her and stroking his hands through her dark hair to get her attention. "Hey, Rosie," he remarked with a quiet shushing sound.

"Dancing with fine women and ruling equally fine castles."
The Lord of Advanced Summoning, Anatole Evans
STA:14 AGI:7 STR:4 CTRL:5

Weak.  Finished 

Rosie jumped at the two sudden voices, letting out a whimper and burying her face into her hands. "I-I-I'm fine. I-I'm not crying." She muttered, shutting her eyes tighter. Rosie breathed quicker and dug her feet into the floor, trying to back up even though she was against the wall.

They couldn't see her cry. Not yet. It was too soon. She was trying to build up that optimistic, goodwilled, personality. She wasn't supposed to cry, at least not yet. Rosie hugged her legs tighter and muttered something inaudible under her breath. Rosie had forgotten that not everything was perfect. Things weren't perfect, not everyone was nice, and willing to be friends.

She didn't think she was annoying. Rosie understood she talked too much but she didn't find her personality annoying. She actually had a real nice opinion of herself! That's healthy! But some people apparently just couldn't handle that with Rosie. There was always a smile on her face, always. And that was a fricking problem for some reason! And Rosie didn't think she deserved it.

But what if they were right?

What if she was being annoying with her optimism. Her smiles, her habit of talking too much?

Weak.  Finished 

Eris frowned again. "You clearly are crying." She commented, not knowing that a simple phrase could come off as rude. Thinking better of her comment, she added. "It's quite alright to cry. It's perfectly normal." At least, Eris thought it was normal to cry. After the events of the fight between her two best friends, the little red-head had spent her days sobbing. She couldn't find the energy to care about crying. If someone was crying, so what? They were allowed too, as much as it sucked. All Eris could do was attempt to comfort them, but if they wanted to cry still, than there wasn't anything she could do.

Staring at the boy who had came to comfort the girl, Eris mouthed the words "cooties" under her breath. Maybe the girl was crying because the boy was giving her cooties! That would make sense. Eris would cry if someone gave her cooties. But the girl had been crying before the Gryffindor boy came over, so maybe not.

Eris felt a pang of sadness, watching the girl curl in on herself. How many times had Eris done that? Eris wanted nothing more than to comfort the girl, but she really didn't know her. The boy had that covered. Perhaps Eris should go, although something rooted the little girl to the spot, as she watched the other small girl cry.

Eris Fawley:

Weak.  Finished 

Anatole kept stroking her hair. It was like a blanket, soft, comforting, and warm. He hoped that Rosie would get back to feeling herself soon, whenever it was. He had missed his friend's spunkiness in the background of everything he did, and he hated seeing her like this. Maybe she was like Marissa, maybe she didn't cry often like how Marissa didn't speak. Maybe this was rare, and Anatole had come in at the right (or wrong) moment to see these special events take place.

He didn't know how to feel since he didn't know what caused this. She was his friend, and he didn't want her to cry. "I, well, I hope you're fine. I'm sure both of us would hope that you really are okay."

Anatole took a moment from looking down at Rosie, bundled up and shaking. She looked miserable, just like how the other Gryffindor girl beside him had looked. He hoped she was fine and that one day he might get to know her. Then, he watched her lips, reading her mouthed comment. At first, he didn't understand it. He mouthed back "What?" and after she repeated it, Anatole understood. "What even are 'cooties'?" He mouthed back in reply, still massaging his grieving friend.

Weak.  Finished 

"I-I didn't want t-to cause any troub-ble, I'm sorry." Rosie cried, looking up at Anatole, she was less embarrassed to cry in front of him. It was apparent of Rosie's state now, her eyes were flooded with tears as one streamed after the other. Her eyes were red, and puffy, her bottom lip quivered as she spoke. Rosie's hands, and whole body was shaking, like she got chill after chill. Rosie hadn't cried... In god knows how long to her. She's laughed so hard that she's cried, but this? This emotion? Rosie wasn't used to feeling so hopeless and weak.

Rosie didn't notice the mouthing, thankfully. Or else she probably would've ran away. Rosie turned to the other girl and offered a weak smile. "B-But... Thank you, for c-comforting me. You-You must be so nice to drop down to s-someone you've never met." Despite being sad, Rosie remembered there were good people in the world. Anatole and this girl were one of them. She hoped the girl would introduce herself when Rosie had gotten herself together.

After Rosie spoke, she started crying again and buried her face into her arms, again. Rosie felt ugly crying. She didn't wanna look ugly.

Weak.  Finished 

She hadn't caused any trouble at all? Eris didn't understand why the girl felt the need to apologize to the boy. The poor girl looked miserable. What had even happened to her? Clearly something horrible, if she was crying in the hallway and hadn't told Eris to go away already. Eris's heart went out to the girl. She might of been 11, but Eris understood that people in the world were horrible, and would stop at nothing to break the spirits of good people. At least, that had been Eris's experience with the world so far.

Eris frowned when the girl said she was nice, not paying attention to the boy asking about cooties. She averted her eyes to the floor, guilt rising up inside of her. She wasn't a nice person. If she was a nice person, she wouldn't of punched Eri Windstone in the face, and she would still have two best friends to talk too, not two people mad at her sitting in the hospital wing. Sighing, Eris looked back at the girl. She was sobbing again. "It's nothing. I hope someone would do the same thing for me someday." Eris finally said, frowning at the floor.

Reducio
((DISCLAIMER: the world isn't as bad as eris thinks it is. People are really nice, and not everyone is horrible!!)

Eris Fawley:

Weak.  Finished 

"No, no..." Anatole commented, looking down at Rosie after eyeing the Gryffindor Prefect once more. "You brought no trouble...you don't have to be sorry!" He smirked at the Prefect, giving almost a solid look.

Anatole knew Rosie would end up alright. Having known her, he figured she wouldn't be the type to extend this further than it needed to go, or even threaten her life or sanity. She was a good girl, for all Anatole figured. Never would hurt a soul, never would talk down about someone, especially behind their back. She was just great.

To say Anatole was fond of their friendship would be the bare minimum. Her company brightened up his day by miles.

Now, Anatole wasn't sure what to think.

Also, what even were cooties?

He kept rustling his hands in her hair, still thinking human touch might help console her. Part of him was concerned about what the other girl thought of him, but mostly he was concerned on Rosie. She meant a lot, duh.

"You were never an inconvenience, take all the time you need." He looked back at the Gryffindor Prefect, smiling once Rosie commented at her.

Rosie's faint smile brought him the joy he needed.

Weak.  Finished 

Rosie sniffled for a while longer before looking up at Anatole again. It shocked Rosie that the girl had comforted her without knowing her, that was for sure, but it also shocked her that.. Anatole cared so much. Despite them knowing each other for just a few days. Rosie wasn't complaining, so she managed another smile in his direction, her cheeks red to signal a blush. She patted Anatole's hand in appreciation. Rosie was touchy with her friends, Anatole had earned that privilege. You go, Anatole!

Rosie then turned to the girl and smiled, tears were still falling, but Rosie felt better now. "I'd do the same for you, people that are selfless, such as yourself, make me feel better about my day. Thank you." Rosie nodded to her, she wanted to make SURE this girl knew she was happy that she helped her. Rosie noticed she was still crying and covered her face again. "I-I look ugly, I'm sorry. I'm a big m-mess right now. I-I didn't mean to cry." She whimpered. Rosie leaned back against the wall, not towards one of the two because she didn't want to make it seem like she appreciated one over the other. That was mean!

Weak.  Finished 

Selfless? Eris was't selfless. She was the most selfish person in the world. She had paid for her selfishness in lost friendships. The absurdity of the girl's comment almost made Eris start giggling. She didn't laugh of course, just because that would be rude. Almost as rude as rushing the pair of children to the hospital wing for cooties vaccines. Both were things Eris would really like to do, but she had the sense not to say or do. She had to act like a prefect after all. Not that she was good at being a prefect. She had punched someone in the face just two days ago, and had been busted by a seemingly sweet professor. Eris was now convinced said professor was a demon in disguise. Stupid Professor Barrows. At least she hadn't expelled Eris. That was a plus. Sort of.

Eris's almost permanent frown deepened at the girl's words. She wasn't ugly for crying. And even if she did look ugly, it wouldn't be polite to say anything that horrible to someone so sad. Why would someone tell a sad girl they looked ugly? That would make the situation so much worse. With superhuman will-power Eris smiled shyly at the other girl. "You aren't ugly. If anyone's ugly, it's me." There. That might get the other girl to laugh.

Eris Fawley:

Weak.  Finished 

The boy looked back into her tear-filled eyes. He was sorry she had to endure this...whatever she was going through. It felt painful even from the outside.

Part of him wished to ask what this was all about, but she might not reply, or be too afraid to say it without stuttering or breaking down even more. Miserable, one word to describe it. What could have caused this?

Anatole tried to pleasantly smirk back, still massaging her head. When she touched his hand, he felt the gratitude. It was almost warm, being friendly almost like she should have been right then. He brushed his fingers through her curly hair, still curious if the touch would help her or not.

She tossed her head down to her knees, commenting to the other girl Anatole still didn’t know. Maybe the brushing wasn’t working. Huh.

Rosie flashed a fractured smile to the other girl once she had the bold courage to show her face again. Anatole thought it was sweet, but once he observed the other girl, he stopped showing his affection. Maybe these cooties were something related to that.

”No, no, you’re not ugly, not at all. In fact, you’re just as beautiful when you cry?” Anatole had no idea what he was saying, but hopefully it made him sound sweet and caring. That’s what he was going for.

At the other girl’s comment on how she was ugly, Anatole tried to swallow his laugh, but he couldn’t help it. It was pretty funny, even though he looked utterly stupid laughing in this terribly sad time.

Weak.  Finished 

Rosie wrinkled her nose at the girl's reply. She wasn't ugly, far from it. The girl was pretty. Rosie started crying again, since she lowkey made the girl downgrade herself. "I-I'm sorry-" She sputtered, holding her legs to her chest tighter. "D-Don't downgrade yourself, please." She muttered. Rosie didn't think it was funny at all.

Rosie put Anatole's hand back on her head. "Keep it there." She muttered. He comforted her. The feeling of someone there was nice. It reminded her of home when her mom would hold her and run her hand through her hair when she was just a small baby. But Anatole was different. Rosie's cheeks went a little red from the comfort that she so appreciated. She wiped her eyes but she ended up letting out another little sob, burying her face into her knees again.

Rosie felt so ugly when she cried. She didn't have a negative look on herself, no. But when she cried, or even felt sad. She felt hopeless. Lost. Like everything had crashed down onto her and kinda just sat there for a bit. It wasn't that bad, it's just Rosie didn't usually feel sad.

But when she did, it was a mess.

Weak.  Finished 

Eris rubbed at her neck awkwardly, not sure what to say to the other girl. She clearly hadn't thought Eris's joke was funny and now she was sad again! How could she cheer the hufflepuff girl up? She instead focused on the way the boy and girl were so close together. They looked like they knew each other already, and were extremely close. Not wanting to intrude any more on what seemed to be an important moment, since she clearly wasn't able to help the girl, Eris looked around the hallway. Maybe there was some person she could chase after, as a viable excuse to leave the conversation. The girl seemed nice enough. Even more than just 'nice enough' if she was kind enough to say something sweet while still sad. The boy seemed kind too. At least, he seemed to be really attached to the girl.

Running a hand through messy red-hair, Eris continued searching the hallway for a face. When she realized nobody was coming near their little corridor, Eris turned back to the two of them. Seating herself into a more comfortable spot by the wall, Eris studied the girl again. She seemed less sad. "I'm sorry you feel sad." She said quietly, hoping she wouldn't panic the girl.

Eris Fawley:

Weak.  Finished 

"Shh... shh... it's all okay..." He kept nuzzling her hair, his tiny fingers weaving down, stroking her back now. Hopefully it made her smile. That's all he needed: Rosie to be back to normal. Once again, it was what he really needed.

On her command, Anatole kept his hand on her soft, warm head. She touched it. She touched his wrist to move it back. How sweet...

Eris's appearance frightened him a little, so he flashed a nervous look back to her, hoping she would maybe stop judging him. What was wrong with touching his friend a lot? After all, she was sad.

He didn't understand either of them yet, in fact, Anatole never understood girls in general. Well, Patricia was different. She was disciplined, hard to please on occasion, and just the perfect amount of particularity, if that was a word, anyways. Anatole didn't know that either.

It was like girls were a whole new species to him. They were confusing, they had whole new varieties of emotions Anatole couldn't even name with his extensive vocabulary he hadn't used in ages. Maybe it was something about their hair? Did that give them more sensitivity? What if girls cut their har? Emotionless?

No, he didn't want to do that to Rosie. She was perfect as she was.

That is, when she was happy.

Back