Classroom

Register
Sign in
  Back

World Cultures Club: 1st Meeting  Closed 

The hinges of an old door creaked in protest as Masika stepped inside one of Hogwarts' many lesser-used classrooms on the fifth floor. Torches sputtered to life around the space and her dark eyes took in the slightly dusty space that had the familiar set-up of a small stadium style lecture hall. She had arrived early deliberately, and as she sighed lightly the sound echoing around the stone room, "Ayyy... Papi, ¿qué me has convencido a hacer?"

Masika stood silently for several moments with her shoulders slumped a bit, before she shook herself and pulled herself together deliberately, "Nothin' for it now..." She had already spoken to a Gryffindor Prefect, Rhea Bishop. The older girl had helpfully explained the process of starting a club, and had even assisted in getting the club's posters distributed to the bulletin boards in each of the Houses' common rooms.

Masika turned and dragged a chair away from the last line of desks, using it to prop the door open, before she reached into her messenger bag and pulled out a poster and a scotch tape dispenser. She stepped outside of the room and taped the poster to the stone wall so that anyone that had decided to come to the meeting would know they had come to the right place.

She took a moment to smooth it down, before she moved back into the classroom and made her way down the steps to settle on the front edge of the raised platform. As many times as she had seen her muggle father give lectures, she hardly felt comfortable with the idea of standing behind the lectern. He had always seemed to own lecture halls with nothing but his enthusiastic presence, while conversely she would probably have to stand on a chair to so much as see over the podium, and she hardly felt comfortable with the concept of talking to a group of an even slightly significant size.

If she were honest to herself, she almost wished that no one would show up at all, even if that would mean that she was essentially alone in her interests. Being alone was familiar at least, and far less daunting than trying to interact socially with anyone her own age.

Of course... she had never been without at least one of her parents within easy contact before, and the difference was more than slightly jarring. A now-familiar wave of homesickness tried to overwhelm her, and she rifled around in her bag before pulling out the Potion's textbook. With a slightly shaky breath, she cracked open the text and tried to lose herself in the words, still uncertain on how she wanted things to turn out.

Reducio
"Ayyy... Papi, ¿qué me has convencido a hacer?" = "Ohhh... Daddy, what have you convinced me to do?"

دوام الحال من المحال. (dawaam il-Haal min il-muHaal.) — Egyptian Arabic Proverb
Continuing the same state is impossible. (Nothing stays the same.)
Strength: 2 | Agility: 12 | Control: 11 | Stamina: 5

Lucien was earlier than he probably should have been, but being late was a pet peeve of his and he wasn't planning on taking any chances of being late. He made his way down the corridor walking a bit faster than usual. After all, he had to make a good first impression, being a Pure-blood Slytherin usually didn't help due to every ones stereo types.

He made his way to the classroom they were using finding the door ajar, held open by a chair. A poster indicated that it was the right room. In the room one person was reading the potions textbook, Lucien's favorite subject. He made his way over to her with a small smile on his face, smiling was a friendly manner right? Sure it was, that was what he had been told. Then again, his sister had told him, and she wasn't usually the friendliest of people most of the time.

"Reading the potions textbook? If you ever need help with it, I'm really good at potions." He said still smiling, hoping he didn't frighten her by being so quiet and then speaking. "You must be the club leader correct? Nice to meet you officially, I'm Lucien Escanora. Feel free to call me Lu or Avery since most people can't say my name right."

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.

Masika startled slightly at the sound of someone speaking, having been far too engrossed in her reading to notice his arrival. Her eyes darted up to see who had joined her, their dark brown shade appearing to be black as they always did in anything outside of the most well-lit settings.

It was a boy; his black hair brushed against glasses that framed his duel-toned eyes, but what stood out most to her was how he didn't seem completely certain about what he was doing with his mouth. It was a smile of course, but a smile that had been placed there by the serious-looking boy deliberately; not forced per-se, so much as awkward. Masika closed the text wordlessly as he continued to speak, and she wondered if he simply wasn't the sort to smile normally.

"It is nice tae meet you, Lucien Escanora," Masika smiled crookedly; her words soft, as the lilt of her accent mixed with her amusement. She had beaten far more complicated names and words than that. "I am Masika Morales. I believe I met your twin on the Express." She canted her head slightly, her black curls bouncing gently with the motion, "I find potions tae be much like cooking with Papi and Baba." She drew her robes more closely around her, a shiver working her way up her spine from the cool floor, "It is how the ingredients interact together in different conditions that make it a challenge." She fingered the edge of the book and stood, a hint of uncertainty worming its way into her tone, "As for the leadership... I am uncertain if I should be the President or not." She looked over the otherwise empty room with a sigh, "After all, I am not entirely used tae or comfortable with being around other children."

Reducio
Masika has yet to be introduced to his twin yet in the train thread, but I felt it was safe to assume it would happen.

Sariel had seen the posters tacked onto the bulletin boards and plastered in the busier intersections of the halls. A parchment scrolled neatly with the words:

World Cultures Club
5th Floor Classroom
Friday at 6 p.m.

Little hand drawn flags copied from countries all over the world popped in and out of view on the paper, waving proudly in a non-existent breeze while a shower of two-dimensional confetti fell around the letters. It was an impressive poster that she had seen Masika along with another girl posting up and Sariel couldn't help but think they must have had an older student's help in making them look so exciting.

Why join a World Cultures Club? The better question in her mind when prompted was 'why not?' It was Masika's creation and it would be fun to explore on a grander scale. Who knew what they might discover. With that decided, she had waited all week for the date of the club to come around and even convinced Louis to come too. Of course, the boy needed little convincing. The moment she said it, he was already nodding and off to the 5th floor with her to find the classroom where the first meeting was being held.

"Hurry, Louis or we're going to be late!" she said racing down the hall with the boy close at her heels. They came to a sudden halt at a door propped open by a battered looking wooden chair and Sariel didn't hesitate to grab the brass handle. "This must be it!"

Wrenching open the door, Sariel found that she was right. Masika was sitting at the podium underneath a World Cultures Club banner, and as per usual wrapped up in her cloak like it was December rather than September. Standing beside her was a boy with dark hair and bright eyes. He must have been an older student because she didn't recognize him immediately. Given the look on his face, however, it was possible he was just a really shy first year. He looked almost pained with a smile cranked into his cheeks.

"Hey!" Sariel grinned as she walked in, "I made it! And Louis came too."

At that point, Louis popped around to her side with a merry wave and started immediately introducing himself to the other boy. Sariel had learned that the enthusiastic Hufflepuff hardly met a stranger. "We thought we were going to be late after the staircase changed on us," she puffed to Masika, "But we made it. So what are we doing?" She was curious about what the constantly cold girl from Ireland might have in store for them and her curiosity only grew when she remembered there was someone else in there with them. After Louis was done introducing himself in his usual manner of an excited proclaimation. "Hi, I'm Louis!" Sariel's eyes flicked to the taller boy and she offered him a hand, "I'm Sariel. What's your name?"

It is our choices that show us what we truly are far more than our abilities.

A club founded by a first year was impressive, Aurelia didn’t think she would be able to do such a thing when it barely was a week into the school year. The world cultures club, being raised by a Netherland born Father and a German Mother, Aurelia grew up with many of their traditions already. It would hurt to share it with the students of the school the Dutch culture and the german culture. In fact, Aurelia was excited, so much so that she had spent a good hour making a few treats.

Well, yes, the girl clearly was in one of her good moods that day, fortunately. It would be terrible if she wasn’t especially since she was going to meet many she didn’t knew yet. Aurelia didnt want someone to leave a bad impression on her when it was barely even the first week of school.

Wearing her usual outfit of a simple shirt loosely tucked in a pair of blue jeans, she carried a decent picnic basket, the only one she could find, up the stairs to the fifth level. She could smell the delicious pastries wafting from the basket, it made her want to devour every content inside and leave none for the others. It just smelled so good.

She walked towards the open door, which she assumed was the classroom which the meeting would take place. She hoped it was the one, she didn’t want to spend another few minutes craving to eat the baked goods she just made and knowing that she was supposed to share them with those in the club.

She peered into the room. Ah, yes it was the right room. There were already a few students inside, one she had reconised as Lucien, she had met him on the Hogwarts express. The other two girls were unfamiliar. One of them ought to be the founder of the club.

Aurelia eagerly walked up to the group. “Ik ben Aurelia. Ik heb wat gebak gebracht, She said with enthusiasm using her common tongue.

Translation, I am Aurelia and I brought some baked goods!” She said extending her arms, to show the basket filled with the delicious aroma of cake, puffs, and chocolate. The girl scurried towards the nearest table to reveal the items inside. She took out two plastic containers, one containing a cake and the other with neatly placed chocolate coated balls.

The cake is Frankfurter Kranz, a german dessert, it had originated from the city of Frankfurt. This is Bossche Bollen, it’s a Dutch pasterie you are supposed to eat it with your fingers. ” she said as she sliced the cake and put it on a disposable plate.

Lucien smiled at the mention of his sister, a rather stressed smile over a happy one. "I am so sorry you had to meet her, unless she was nice for once, usually she isn't." He said laughing slightly nervous. He listened as Masika talked about potions and nodded listening to her. "It is a lot like cooking now that I think about it. Just a bit more...deadly at times. He noticed how she was starting to sound uncertain as she spoke once more. He gave a reassuring smile, and an actual smile at that. "If you would like I could speak for you. I was practically raised behind lectern. I'll help in any way you would like."

That's when one person entered the room nearly scaring Lucien out of his mind. Built for speaking? Yes. Build for sudden noises? No. After catching his breath he realized the girl, who had introduced herself as Sariel was holding out a hand to him. He nearly went into panic mode thinking of all the possible germs. He shook her hand rather quickly before reaching in his pocket to grab some hand sanitizer. As he put some of it on his hand he spoke, "Hello, I'm Lucien Avery Escanora. Feel free to call me Lu or Avery because everyone messes up my first name. And sorry if I seem rude, I just really don't like germs."

That's when another person entered. Speaking a language he knew very well he smiled happily, his two different eye colors practically glowing out of excitement. He finally knew someone, even if not very well, he knew people! And at that, he understood her! And to make it even better she brought one of the only sweets he would actually eat! "Aurelia, hello!" He said in a cheery tone. He was thankful he knew someone, that way he wasn't completely alone.
Last edited by Lucien Escanora on 9th September 2018, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~

Lucien Avery Escanora sounded very official until he shook her hand and quickly dove into his pocket for a bottle of hand sanitizer as he apologized for being rude. Apparently, apologizing after the fact was something and his sister had in common, but rather than the same commanding sort of attitude, he just looked unsure of himself. She wasn't exactly offended over the want for hand sanitizer either. "No problem, Avery," she said with a smile and a shrug. Calling him Avery would be better since she occasionally called Louis the shortened version of 'Lou.' She didn't call him by a nick name always by choice. He was often dashing off and 'Lou' was about all of his name she could get out before she followed him.

No sooner had she finished her introduction, did another girl announce herself as she entered. The first time it was in a language she didn't know, but the English she understood well enough. Snacks! The smell of the fresh baked sweet hit her nose illiciting an large smile from her. "Ooh! Hi there!" she said, shimmying closer to the girl who was already offering the treats.

Taking the full plate from Aurelia, she passed it to Masika and then went back for Louis, though he needed little help. The boy was already there bouncing on his heels. "Aurelia, right? This smells so good!" Chocolate was one of her favorite treats in any form and the little balls looked delicious. "I've never heard of either of those, but they look great." Sariel plucked up a plate, adding a few chocolate balls and stuffing one into her mouth. "Oh, soref. Myf name ish Sfariel." It wouldn't be nice to eat without introducing herself. Swallowing down the first bite, she giggled. "It's nice to meet you. You're one of the older students too, right?"

Dot stood outside the door with the World Cultures' Club poster on it. She assumed it was the right one, since the poster weren't pasted on any common classroom door at random. Plus, Dot thought she heard some voices from inside. And a nice scent too...something baked, maybe? And sweet?

She won't know until she'd go in. So Dot knocked at the door softly, before pulling the handle and making her way in the room.

The classroom looked clean, tidy and ready for a session of...talking? Perhaps, since people will be discussing their countries and traditions. World Cultures Club. Anyway, unlike Dot thought, she wasn't late or something. There were only about five people in the room. Phew.

Dot straightened up as she walked in, a casual smile on her face. "Hey there, people!" She waved her hand enthusiastically. Thinking about getting more knowledge about different cultures, or even better, meeting new people, always managed to brighten up Dot's mood. "I'm not late, am I?" She said, glancing around, before the thought introduce yourself, girl rushed to her mind.

"By the way, I'm Dot. Dot Dutt. And..." I don't know any of you, she thought as her eyes swept over the students, before they stopped on a familiar face. "Masika! Doing great these days, dorm-mate." Dot complimented, somewhat surprised by her efforts and talents of creating the club. Once again, Dot looked over the students, and saw one of the staff she'd seen in the Gryffindor newspaper's office. "Hello, Aurelia." She said, and continued, "And hello everybody else as well, I just don't know your names, sorry!" Dot's tone was apologetic as she looked at the blue-eyed boy and the Ravenclaw girl.

"When I die, I want free Wi-Fi fitted inside my tombstone, just so people will visit more often."

Masika was drawn out of her thoughts as Lucien spoke, and her lips quirked slightly as he immediately apologized for his sister with nervous laughter. When he mentioned speaking for her she gave him a thoughtful look, her fingers trailing on the spine of the book, but before she could comment one way or the other another person crashed into the room. She looked up and recognition crossed her features as Sariel walked in, nearly dragging Louis behind her. Masika pursed her lips, not really sure how to feel about the buoyant girl and endlessly friendly boy. They had both been nice enough she supposed, but both had far more energy than she was used to dealing with, and Sariel especially seemed to live her life without ever slowing down.

When yet another person joined the group, merrily speaking in what she thought might be German or Dutch and carrying a basket, Masika began to seriously wonder what she had been thinking when she had let her Papi convince her that starting a group like this would be good for her. She looked around at the growing chaos as Lucien greeted Aurelia, trying to keep her growing trepidation from showing in her features.

When Sariel passed Masika the plate of baked goods, she selected one of the chocolate topped balls that looked familiar and hesitantly nibbled at it, her dark eyes darting around. When the door opened yet again, Masika felt distinctly like a deer caught in headlights.

How many children were going to show up?!

When it turned out to be one of her dorm-mates some of her tension left, and she waved stiffly at Dot in response to her greeting. Her eyes darted to Aurelia momentarily; apparently the girl knew the two she had yet to meet, and she had thought ahead enough to bring in snacks. Her confidence wasn’t something to ignore either. Masika popped the rest of the treat in her mouth and chewed it quietly in thought; perhaps the other female would want to be an Officer… She shook her head and swallowed the bite; there was no use wondering, and she should probably do something to try and bring this entire mess under control.

Masika breathed in through her nose before she spoke, ignoring the uncertainty that dragged at her as she pitched her normally soft voice louder so that the group might be able to hear her. “Masa’u Al-khair…” she started politely, her lips twisting up slightly into a hesitant smile. “Good day, an’ welcome tae the World Cultures Club. I hope you didn’ have trouble findin’ the classroom. My name is Masika Morales.” She nodded politely to Aurelia, “I would also like tae thank you for bringing the snacks.” Masika shifted slightly, tapping her finger on her Potions textbook, gathering herself before she straightened a bit and looked around the group, “My hope when I decided tae create this club was tae bring people together with an interest in learnin’ more ‘bout our world an’ its people. Tae that end, we can schedule presentations, show-and-tell, demonstrations,” she gestured to the basket of baked goods, “an’ other types of events that might be interestin’.”

She cleared her throat and looked down briefly before her eyes lifted again, “First though, we will be needin’ Officers; a President, Vice President, an’ Secretary at the least. Possibly even a Treasurer if we end up dealin’ with some sort o’ budget.” She rubbed at the arm that held the book, then spoke bluntly, “The reason I say President as an option is b’cause even though I’ve started this, I can’ say if I will be the best choice for a leader in the future. ‘m willin’ tae take the role, but felt it’d be better to leave the choice open for others if they want tae make a go o’ it.” She grinned crookedly, her tone dry, “If I do end up as the President, it’ll be a learnin’ experience for us all. I don’ have much experience around people my age, much less bein’ in charge o’ them.”

Masika shook her head, her dark curls bouncing, “So with that out o’ the way, does anyone have any questions? Anythin’ tae add, or any Officer nominations?” Her gaze shifted as she looked around the group, her dark eyes piercing despite her lingering nerves as she tried to gauge their reactions.

Reducio
I absolutely don't mind Masika being the President if that's the preference; she's just very uncertain around kids. If someone else ends up President ICly, I will obviously still be here as the Founder to help moderate and plan things.
—Cheers!

Lucien gave a slight nervous smile. People. Hyper People. Lucien was not fond of overly hyper people. So far he didn't understand why his sister hadn't manage to strangle Sariel yet. Maybe she had a bit more self control than Lucien gave her credit for. He took one of the Dutch pastries off the plate eating it as delicately as he could. He didn't want to make a mess of himself after all. He nearly died when Sariel introduced herself with a mouthful of the treat. Did she not know it was rude to speak with one's mouth full? Lucien ignored it trying his best not to be overly judgmental.

Another person entered the room nearly causing Lucien to lose his head. She introduced herself as Dot, and she had no clue who Lucien was. The heterochrmatic boy kept a plastered smile on his face. He was unsure if people just didn't know popular wizarding families anymore, or if they just didn't care. His family was almost always on the spot, but then again most children didn't read the paper anymore. "Lucien Avery Escanora. Just call me Lu or Avery since I'm tired of people messing up my first name, I'd offer to shake your hand but I hate germs." He said before turning to Aurelia. "These are wonderfully made." Lucien stated simply before keeping his mouth shut.

Masika spoke and Lucien listened to every single word she said with a reassuring smile on his face. He didn't miss a single word of what she said. Once she finished Lucien spoke up in a calm voice as per usual. "I wouldn't mind being a vice president, after all I am rather rational and calm. I feel like maybe, if you would like, you could try to run as president for a small bit to see if it would work out for you. I would be willing to help you out if you would like. Personally I'm fine with anyone unless they are unorganized and chaotic." He spoke not really worried about anything.

Reducio
Also Dot, Lucien's eyes aren't both blue, one is green while the other is blue, it's rather hard to see on my profile picture but it's there. Just thought I would let you know.

~

Seeing the plate of treats, Dot couldn't resist trying one. Although to not be rude, she did ask permission before grabbing one chocolate-coated ball between two of her fingers. She took a small bite, almost a nibble, looking at other people.

Masika, the supposed leader of the group, only waved at Dot, and even that was a rather stiff wave. Dot didn't expect any more from her, though. Their meeting up in the dormitory was every bit of awkward, and Dot wasn't herself at ease with her.

When the blue eyed boy - looking closer, Dot noticed that only one of his eyes were blue - introduced himself, Dot grinned easily at him, ignoring the last part about germs (maybe he had mysophobia...). "Lu-ci-en. I've got it."

Dot took another bite of the baked good, which was bigger than before. It was sweet and creamy, and very delicious. The chocolate on top made the whole thing even better. She listened to Masika speak while continuing to eat the ball, small bite after big bite after small.

When Masika finished, Dot wanted to speak up, but Lucien did instead, so she just waited. He offered to be a vice president in a eerily calm voice, on condition that the people aren't unorganized or chaotic. Dot herself was very organized, and she never became too frenzied, so she was fit.

When Lucien was done, Dot spoke up. "Well, I guess I could be a treasurer in the future, 'cause I'm sorta honest - no boasting, really. But it's a future matter, so we'll see later, I guess." A short pause. "And yeah, I'd like to be a moderator kind of thing, if there is that. You know, the one who keeps things in line and makes sure rules aren't broken. Though not exactly a leader. I'm not leader material."

Dot realized that she was still standing, so she made her way to the nearest chair and sat down. Looking at the small leftover of the treat in her hand, she plopped it in her mouth and took out a tissue from her pocket, wiping her hands with it as she chewed on.

Reducio
OOC - Thanks, Lucien!
And Masika, I'm sure that you didn't mention a 'moderator', but if there ever will be a position like that, be sure sign Dot up! She's good when it comes to keeping people inside the borders ;)
Update (10th September, 18): Some urgent emergency problems have risen for me, and I'll be gone from the site for about 20 days. I hope you guys do not mind my and Dot's absence. I'll be returning near the end of September, InshaAllah.
Until then, if you'd like, you're allowed godmod Dot for this thread, but just please do not make her act out of her character.
Last edited by Dot Dutt on 10th September 2018, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"When I die, I want free Wi-Fi fitted inside my tombstone, just so people will visit more often."

Another familiar face entered the room. Aurelia knew her as Dot, a girl who had recently joined the newspaper team, though Aurelia hadn’t talk to her much. She gave her a friendly smile as the girl greeted her.

A girl dark haired girl was the first to reach out for the container of Dutch Pasteries. She then handed it to Masika before introducing herself as Sariel Aurelia tried to hide her wince as she spoke with her mouthful, of chocolate. It didn’t really look polite, but maybe it’s what Aurelia was taught at home. After all, this was the world cultures club, people might have different... traditions and behaviors.

Aurelia watched as the plate of sweets were passed around the room. It was polite to let the rest take their share of sweets first before she took her serving, that was what she was taught at home. It was pleasing to see that everyone enjoyed her Bossche Bollen.

Aurelia took the container from Dot as soon as she picked one of the chocolate coated balls up. Finally, she could taste her own creation.

Masika then started about the club’s management. Aurelia sighed, she moved to the further corner of the room and sat one one of the many chairs. It wasn’t so noisy there, least she could eat in a bit of peace. The front of the room was getting a bit to loud than what she was comfortable with, too many people.

Aurelia wasn’t interested in any of the management roles, she just wanted to be a member of the club. Her schedule was a bit packed being a writer for the Gryffindor Newspaper and trying to finish all her stacks of assignments.

She took a bite of the chocolate coated balls. They were good. She has underestimated her baking skills.

Sariel chewed happily on her little snacks and rather than really pay much attention to the others for a moment, let her eyes roam around the dusty class room with the banner waving above them, caught in a slight draft. Masika was probably bound to hate that considering the girl had a constant complaint that she was cold. There was something a little lackluster about meeting in a lecture hall and she started to think of ideas for the club as she finished off the cake.

Listening to some of the offers for helping out with the club, Sariel nodded and bounded over to Masika. "So, even if we don't know who's going to be in charge, I think it would be fun if we tried a few things. Food was a great idea, but maybe we can make some costumes from different parts of the world and have a full blown party?" Sariel was practically rocking on her heels in excitement by this point. "I know that more students might show up if we made it a big party. Some people are just now getting used to being here and maybe might need some help getting to know each other. That would be a good way to do it."

Remembering that she was talking rather quick, and loud which Masika wasn't so much a fan of, Sariel curbed herself some then smiled. "I mean if you want to that is."

Masika's gaze trailed after Aurelia as the other girl made her way to the fringes of the group, and realized that if her body language was anything to go by that she wanted nothing to do with a leadership position. She sighed inwardly at the thought before Lucien spoke, and she turned her attention to him. He had been smiling at her when she spoke, she had noticed, and she wasn't entirely sure what to make of it after seeing the looks he had given some of the others enter the room.

Masika looked at him pensively as he spoke, his words somewhere between confident and... not arrogant exactly, but certainly self-assured despite how he had seemed similarly unnerved by the cluster of children when they entered the room. If she were going by tone alone, she might have simply assumed he was comfortable, but given his earlier reaction... she wasn't really sure what to think.

Masika nodded to Lucien in consideration, before turning to Dot as her dorm-mate spoke. Masika nodded at the other girl's mention of being the treasurer, then turned thoughtful when the other girl brought up the possibility of needing someone to enforce the rules. She was turning the thought over in her head when Sariel piped up, steamrolling over the necessity of leadership entirely.

A slight draft cut across the room, and a shiver worked its way up Masika's spine much to her displeasure. Perhaps she should have brought a blanket, judgemental looks be damned. Masika pulled her robe even more tightly around herself somehow, and barely refrained from rolling her eyes at the pale girl's bursting enthusiasm, musing that it was almost a miracle that the girl wasn't bouncing in place. When Sariel mentioned having a 'full blown party,' it took everything in Masika not to give the other girl a completely horrified look. Parties meant more people, and more people in a school meant more children, and more children meant...

Masika cut the train of thought off before she derailed herself further, she took a slow breath, trying to center herself back where she needed to be.

The meeting. Leadership. Rules being enforced.

She swallowed dryly.

And some sort of party.

It couldn't possibly that bad, right?

She forcefully redirected her attention to the group, only a few moments having passed, "Well if Lucien wishes tae be the Vice President, an' no one else has any objections, then that should be fine." She gestured to Dot, "An' someone tae moderate the rules wouldn' be out o' place either so long as everyone agrees." She pursed her lips, "It'd still be nice tae have someone as a secretary thought, tae keep track o' anythin' important an' summarize meetin's, but I c'n do it for now if no one wants tae."

Masika inwardly braced herself and turned to Sariel, "An' perhaps since you're so..." she hesitated, before she settled on a word, not wanting to accidentally sound like she was insulting the dark-haired girl, "...passionate, you could be somethin' o' an event planner or some such... Though I'd prefer if you had someone tae assist you with... organizing things." It wasn't that she didn't think the girl wasn't capable of being organized, she just didn't think it was something she did without significant effort. Perhaps with another person to assist her...

Masika returned her focus to the rest of the group, "So unless anyone else has any suggestions or questions... I think we should tell each other a bit about ourselves." She grimaced inwardly at herself, as she reminded herself far too much of a particular small-group leader that her Papi had once when he took her with him to a training class of some sort. "If you all don' mind, that is..." she added awkwardly.

Masika shifted slightly, then shrugged, her curls shifting with the motion, "I c'n go first. I was born in Dublin, an' I grew up with my two fathers. My Papi is from Spain, and my Baba is from Egypt, and we've been travelling since I was old 'nough tae join them. I grew up speaking English, Irish, Arabic, an' Spanish, an' that's where my accent comes from. Neither o' my parents are religious, but my Abuelos, my Spanish father's parents, are Catholic, and my Egyptian father was raised Muslim." Masika's lips quirked a bit into a crooked smirk, "Also, I am a half-blood, but I'll leave you all tae guess as tae how."

Lucien nearly choked at the mention of a full blown party. "A full blown party...like...like actual people?" He questioned a bit worried. Masika spoke up again gaining all of Lucien's attention. After all, it is rude not to listen fully when someone is speaking. Once she was done Lucien smiled. She then suggested they tell each other a little bit about themselves. He listened closely interested in what Masika was saying. So that's where the accent comes from He thought to himself.

"I suppose I'll go next. I was born in England to a Russian Father and a Dutch mother. I'm a pure-blood, so I know tons of languages, instruments, and useless things I won't bother you with. My mother actually died giving birth to my twin sister, so I don't exactly have much Dutch influence aside from my Aunt. You may have seen our family name in The Daily Prophet a few times but nothing in there is ever true. I do apologize if I seem a bit rude in any way, I don't exactly sleep so I'm basically eternally tired." He said smiling. Perhaps he said too much, or maybe not enough. He didn't say anything further however, but waited for the next person to speak while fidgeting with his left hand nervously.

~
  Back