Classroom

Register
Sign in

It's About Time  FINISHED 

Dean was leaned up against the wall outside of an empty classroom on the fifth floor, waiting to meet with his girlfriend during the first shared free period they'd had in what felt like forever. Dean hadn't had much time to spend alone with Sydney this year, due to the amount of fights his stupid younger brother had gotten himself into already. Adam was a smart enough kid, but he didn't know when to walk away from a situation. Of course, it didn't help at all that Adam had apparently started to see Dean as a forum for all of his complaints. The older boy had always took for granted the years he had away from his family, and now that his little brother was in the castle with him, Dean was slowly going crazy.

"Listen, Adam, I'm not your personal advice column, okay? Either sort out your own problems or shut up about them." Dean still remembered the words he'd said to his brother only a week ago, finally snapping after days of hearing Adam talk about the same girl that he'd been best friends with back in December. Eris Elcan was a fiery girl, both in appearance and energy, and she'd caused quite a stir for Gryffindor over the course of the last few months. Eris had been a prefect for a short while, until she'd gotten fired from her role for punching another first-year. Dean hadn't spoken with her much since then, but he'd heard plenty enough of her recent activity from Adam. Too much. It was time for Dean to step in and put an end to this stupid fight the two of them had been having.

It seemed almost suspiciously coincidental when Dean caught sight of the small girl walking by at the end of the hallway. She was moving quickly, but Dean figured that if he shouted loudly enough, she'd have to stop and talk to him. "Hey, Raggedy!" he called, falling back on the nickname he'd fondly given her back in the winter. Seeing her pause as she registered his voice, Dean smiled and continued. "Yeah, I'm talking to you! Get over here!"

When she'd gotten close enough to talk to normally, Dean raised an eyebrow and smirked down at the girl. "Alright, I know you two are going through some crap right now or whatever, but I don't actually care." He watched her face change, anticipating an argument or at least a question, and spoke again before Eris could interrupt him. "You know what I'm talking about, Eris. Adam's been bugging me nonstop about your little breakup for days. In the nicest way possible, you're both driving me up the [EXPLETIVE] wall. Understand?" Pushing himself off of the wall, Dean reached his hand out to grab the handle of the nearby classroom door and pushed it open. "Here's the deal. You two obviously can't handle yourselves properly, so I'm going to do it for you. Now you wait in here, and I'm going to go get the moron."

He gestured to the door and stared Eris down, waiting to see if she'd comply before he set off to find Adam. They both needed this, and hopefully they knew it. The two of them had been apart for long enough. It was time to remedy that at last.

Adam Harringtom
STA: 12 | EVA: 4 | STR: 6 | WIS: 6 | ARC: 9 | ACC: 8

Ever since Adam had ditched her, Eris had spent a long while moping around. Shoveling food into piles on her plate, sobbing in the library, and being an all around drama queen. Things had became better when Reed Wesley had taken her out to Hogsmade. After that, Eris had hung out with other people. Rhea, Sabrina, Ezekiel, and a few others had truly proven to be real friends, although most people were fed up with Eris's endless whining about Adam.

Adam this, Adam that. It was like all the red-head had to say was insults about the ravenclaw. Then after the insults came the sobs, then the anger. Then the taking it all back, until she could repeat the cycle again. It was endless, and quite frankly, even Eris was sick of.

Then she had met Adam again, and the two of them had ended up having a loud argument. At that point, Eris had felt enraged to the point of wanting to hit another ravenclaw in the face. She also felt tired of the fighting, just wanting her best friend back. Of course, Adam didn't seem to think that. He seemed to think his life was better off without Eris; a fact that made the fiery ex-prefect want to scream and punch every living thing that moved. Then sob for hours straight.

Eris wasn't sure what to do, or what to think. Should she try to hang out with her new friends, to prove Adam wrong? To prove she could have friends? Should she beg for him to notice her, and forgive her? Eris had no idea, and her 11 year old brain couldn't process all of the thoughts swirling around inside of her head.

Call a mix of a childhood full of emotionally unstable parents, or an inability to think rationally, but Eris was lost and confused with what do to, and to react to emotional situations properly. But right now, she had one goal in mind. Going to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, and demanding a new partner.

After finishing Transfiguration for the day, the short girl trekked through the halls of hallways, finding herself on the fifth floor. It sort of sucked, having four floors to walk through just to get to the first floor. Normally after Transfiguration, she could of headed right back to the Common Room, but not today. The mission to protect her Defense Against the Dark arts grade, and to hopefully avoid Adam's hatred of her growing even more was more important than talking to her friends in the Common Room--even though she enjoyed their company.

A voice called through the hallways, causing Eris to look up from the ground and snap out of her thoughts. Hearing her nickname and a smile on the tall boy's face, a shy smile broke out on Eris's face.

Maybe Dean wasn't mad at her, or maybe he was going to chew her out? Slowly, Eris walked over to Dean. "Hey Mr. Fantastic." She greeted, just as Dean launched into a monologue of sorts.

Dean wanted to fix things with Adam and Eris? A breakup? They weren't dating or anything? Eris's face flushed red with embarrassment, over Dean's words. Were they actually driving people crazy? That wasn't good. And had Dean just cursed? That also wasn't good.

Not really wanting to face Dean's wrath, Eris averted her eyes, and walked into the classroom. She stopped in the doorway, face still red. "I hope you can fix this, but I think Adam is pretty mad.." she muttered, stepping into the classroom.

Reducio
((Dean is the love of my life.))

sorry not sorry bout' what i said
STA: 6 EVA: 7 STR: 1 WIS: 8 ACC 9 ACC: 9
Eris Fawley:

"Oh, trust me. I can fix anything." Dean smiled at Adam's friend and laughed, noting the blush spreading rapidly across her face. The little redhead was always looking somewhere other than Dean whenever he talked to her, and though she had quite the...well...vehement personality, she seemed to act rather mollified while in the presence of the older Gryffindor. It was cute. When Eris finally stepped into the classroom, Dean nodded in satisfaction, stepping away with a wink. "Besides, Adam's never been able to stand up to me."

Heading down the corridor, Dean set a course for the place he knew Adam was likely to be at this time of day. His little brother was always hanging around the Dueling Club's practice room, even though he rarely got up the courage to try out a spell. Jogging down the nearest staircase, Dean forged his way through the fourth floor until he saw a shock of blond hair standing out among the crowd of Hogwarts students. He smirked, watching his brother listen to some other Ravenclaw boy telling a story or something. It didn't take long for Adam to realize who was coming his way, and by the time he finally did, it was much too late.

"Hey, Adam. I need you for something," Dean stated flatly as he came to a stop next to the group of first-year boys. His brother met Dean's eyes with a look of suspicion, and slowly replied, "For what?"

Dean sighed. His brother asked too many questions. "Well, you'll just have to find out when we get there, won't you?" he responded. "Come on." Adam's friends had shrunk back when they'd seen Dean step up to talk to his brother, and now the older boy cast a glance over at one of them that seemed to have a problem with something. The boy wore Slytherin robes -- a poor choice on Adam's part, if you asked Dean -- and reminded him of a weasel. Now, he stepped up and opened his mouth, forcing his way into the conversation.

"Um, we're kind of busy," the Slytherin remarked. "Can it wait?" Dean couldn't help but laugh. Could it wait? If Dean had wanted to ask his brother something later, he would have done it later. He looked down at Adam's friend in annoyance. "I'm older than you. Get out of my way." Glaring at Dean, Adam reassured his friend that he'd be back soon, and within a minute the two were on their way.

To his credit, Adam didn't ask Dean where they were going until they reached the fifth floor again. "We're going to fix some of your [EXPLETIVE], Adam, that's where." Neither brother said much after that until they stopped outside of the classroom. Dean smiled down at his brother and nodded at the door. "Well? Go on in there!" Pushing his brother lightly forward, Dean hoped that Eris hadn't tried to escape yet. They were sorting this out, whether they liked it or not.

Adam Harringtom

They had met on a summer day, the small red head and the blonde ravenclaw. Another girl had been there, a raven haired Sytherin. The bond between the two children, the red head and the blonde boy was something unexpected, something that neither of them could of ever imagined. There was a certain chemistry between the two, an unspoken agreement that they were friends. Or perhaps that had been the red head's imagination, in her giddiness to make another friend, but there had been a bright lure of possible friendship hanging over their heads in that shop, and whether or not the three children in the shop became friends was something they couldn't tell. But there was hope for it.

Then they had said goodbye for the first time, and each of them had returned to their own lives. It had been a simple goodbye. A goodbye with a promise to meet again, to continue to talk and learn from each other. There was no chance of never reconnecting. There was hope in the goodbye, and with it, a promise of another hello. A hello, a reconnection, and the hope of friendship.

The next hello had been on the Train to Hogwarts, and with that hello had come a promise of schooling. Of seven years together, of more times to talk and giggle. More times to cause drama and chaos. They had said goodbye, again, with a promise of a second hello. With giddy faces, trunks full of candy, and unadorned robes, and an unknown castle staring over them.

The next hello had been at the Great Lake, with dreams of flight and whispered secrets. The two had then flown together, enjoying the freedom and confiding in each other. There had been no goodbye then, just promises of more hellos.

They had talked more after that, becoming as close as two children could be. Without cooties, or dating. Best friends in name and nature. The calm to Eris's storm. Of course, how could two children understand the implications of a friendship so destined to fall apart? How could they understand the complexities of interhouse rivalries? Not well, it seemed.

Then came Winter Break, and the last of the the hellos without a goodbye. Winter came and went, along with snowball fights, wizard chess, and plenty of gossip. Yelling late at night, debating which marvel hero was best or which adventure they would embark upon at their return to the cold, stone castle.

Then came the first goodbye without a promise of a hello. The fight in the hallways, the screaming, the violence of watching her best friends roll around on the ground like animals. The sick thud of fist meeting face. The visit to the hospital wing, in which, the world had turned on it's axis, so similar to the date when Eris had been thrown out of her house. The world ended and started again that day, as the happiness of finally leaving her home to go to a school, the excitement of making friends, the freedom of independence, all of it faded away.

Then came the final goodbye in Defence Against the Dark Arts. When the turning, new world had exploded into a million pieces, leaving emptiness. The world had turned dark again, but somehow it had continued. Friendships continued, classes continued, everything continued. But it wasn't the same. Nothing was.

--
As Eris sat in the classroom, mind flooding with thoughts, her leg tapped against the floor. How was it that the two friends had gone so far apart. Would Dean really be able to bring them back together? She might of been a Gryffindor, but Eris's heart was pumping with fear, as she waited for the two brothers to walk through the doors and for the world to go to hell. Again.

Then there was a thud, as the two burst through the doors. This was, really, a horrible day. Thanks for nothing Dean Harringtom. If only Eris was still his prefect. Then she would totally refuse to this meeting. But she had no authority over the situation, she kept telling herself, as she stared at the boys. Truthfully, she just wanted to see her ex-friend, and hopefully mend things. Not that Eris would ever admit to that.
Last edited by Eris Fawley on 3rd June 2018, 7:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Eris Fawley:

Adam was a bit surprised to see Eris waiting in the empty classroom, but in all honesty, a small part of him had expected it. Dean had never been one for subtlety, and this case was no different. His brother was right, though. It was time to fix things with Eris before they got even more out of hand. He cast her an awkward smile and sat down at one of the desks, waiting for her to say something. When it became clear that she wasn't going to make the first move, Adam shifted in his chair and broke the awkward silence after a few moments.

"Hi." It was one word, a simple word, but it was enough to spark the rest of a conversation in his head. All the things he'd been wanting to say since the hospital wing, and then since DADA, came pouring through into his mind, flooding his brain and making it impossible to determine what he wanted to say next. Adam had realized how stupid he'd been, and he knew that he needed to apologize. They'd all made bad decisions -- he still stood by that opinion, because it was true. But at the same time, he'd probably made the worst choices out of the four of them. Kaegen had just reacted the only way he knew how, and Eris had tried to bring them back together in the hospital wing. It had been Adam who'd resisted, and had explained it away with some nonsense about taking a break. Now was his chance to make up for all of that.

"Eris. I'm sorry." It was a small first step to making amends, and it sounded kind of pathetic, but at least it was a step in the right direction. He'd started the conversation off. Now all he could do was to see what Eris would answer with,

Adam Harringtom

Heart racing in her chest, Eris stared at her best friend with an expression of befuddled fear on her face. What was going to happen? Would he leave her again? The possibilities were endless, and the outcomes weren't pleasant. This had not been a good idea. What had Dean been thinking and what had Eris been thinking in agreeing to meet up with Adam?

Adam was going to leave her for good, and Eris couldn't handle that. She couldn't handle life without her blonde best friend, without his smiles and jokes, and the comforting presence of somebody that saw her. The presence of somebody who understood she wasn't the sum of her family name or just a girl with two fists and a reputation as an ex-prefect. But there was no way they could be friends anymore. Not after all that had happened, and the words Adam had said in Defense Against the Dark Arts that rung fresh through Eris's mind on repeat, never leaving her thoughts. Even if he forgave her, why would it matter? Why would Adam want to be her friend when he had people like Anatole Evans or his new Ravenclaw friends? Eris was nothing. She wasn't like the popular kids in her year. She wasn't brave enough, daring enough, or tall enough. Even though she wasn't brave at all, the paintful truth was that she would have to muster up the dregs of her courage, to power through the pain and get ready to end the relationship, like Adam wanted at this point.

But then he muttered hi and Eris's faint resolve to stay strong and keep her head held high crumbled into a million pieces, like her heart had when they had parted weeks ago. But this was fine, surely. This awkwardness was deserved, what Eris deserved for hurting Eri, for ruining everything. All she wanted was the comfort of her best friend, the whispered secrets at night, the understanding, and everything else she had missed.

Then the words, "I'm sorry" broke through every pathetic defense Eris had stuck up, and she felt the prickles of warmth on her eyelashes as fat tears cascaded down to the dirty brown desk. It was a pathetic sight, but Eris was past caring about anything besides the words her friend had just spoken. Forcing an even more pathetic smile onto her tear stained face. There were no words to express what Eris was feeling. How could one describe the feeling of the world righting itself again?

He didn't hate her. Adam wasn't coming to tell her off before leaving her forever. That fact alone made Eris cry even more, as she was simply unable to understand the emotions running around in her head. It was too much to process, and Eris wasn't sure what to do. The only reaction the little girl could muster was tears, and a lot of them.

There was no way to speak what Eris was feeling in the churring pit of her stomach, but for now, sorry worked. "You're sorry? At least you didn't punch Eri Windstone in the face," Eris said weakly, managing a weak chuckle as she rubbed at her red, tear stained face. "Dear god, Adam, I'm so sorry. I just..." she broke off again, as another round of tears ran it's course, splattering down on the table with sickening splashing noises, "I have no idea what I'm doing right now." Eris finished, unable to convey all her emotions in one simple sentence. Instead, she settled with admitting her utter inability to regulate her emotions.

Eris Fawley:

Watching Eris break down in front of him, Adam realized just how much their month-long separation had really done to the both of them. It had destroyed the two eleven-year-olds, and even in moments with other friends, on other happy days, it had always come back to bite at them relentlessly. Now, though, it was all coming to an end. And what did he do when faced with the culmination of all of their feelings, from the beginning of April to now?

He laughed. He knew that it was the wrong reaction, and there was nothing funny to laugh at. Adam wasn't even sure what caused him to do it, but as Eris cried and tried to stutter out an apology in front of him, it became uncontrollable. He hoped that she wouldn't take it the wrong way. It wasn't cruel laughter, after all -- just the reaction to a series of stupid actions that had nearly torn down his first year at the castle. "Hey," he managed to get out as the laughter died down, "hey, it's okay!" Looking into his friend's face and smiling reassuringly (at least he hoped it was reassuringly), he tried to act more serious as he continued.

"Eris. It's okay. You don't need to know what you're doing." Adam tried to think of the right things to say, the things that people usually said in movies or stories where this happened. It was harder than it looked. "You think I had a plan for this? Nobody knows what to do when things like that happen. I was stupid to ever let things get this far. I'm taking the blame, here, Eris. You have nothing to apologize for." Again, he yelled at himself internally, wondering what could have caused him to separate himself so completely with such flimsy reasoning. You caused it yourself!

Unsure if his "be inspirational" strategy was working, Adam wondered if he should try a different route. Everyone liked a joke, didn't they? He knew that Eris had a good sense of humor, after all. They'd spent practically two hours over winter break telling horrible jokes and seeing who would break first. Even Dean and Sydney had joined in at one point, and Adam had ended up on the floor before they were finished -- quite literally. He missed those days, but it seemed like they might be coming back soon enough, if he didn't screw this up. After a moment of awkward silence, Adam grinned and nudged her shoulder. "Hey, if you're going to punch someone, at least you made it a good one. Right?" He smiled goofily, trying to hide his nervousness as he awaited her reaction.

Adam Harringtom

Adam's laughter halted Eris's hysterical crying, as her mouth parted into a silent O of shock and her eyes widened imperceptibly at the laughter erupting from the tall boy's lips, piercing the veil of sadness that was clouding her mind. While it wasn't rancorous, it still sniffled the little girl's spirit and made her come back to reality, able to stare at Adam in the face without the haze of tears clouding her vision. This was her best friend in the entire world, and at a moment like this, all he could think of doing was laughing?

It was..
..a normal thing Adam would do.

The normality that Eris and Adam had been lacking for a month was coming back, slowly but surely, and Eris found herself smiling slightly, the corners of her mouth upturned faintly. The more Adam laughed, the more Eris found herself grinning at the display of stupidity in front of her. She had missed the simple parts of friendship with Adam, and this was one of the simple moments--the moments that she hadn't thought about in weeks, too concerned with the main moments like Winter Break, and the Holidays that they had spent together. She had never stopped to think about the small moments of friendship, of laughing at things that weren't funny, of feeling content even though everything was horrible. This seemed like one of those moments to Eris, however awkward and uncomfortable it was. It was progress.

She was finally talking to her best friend again, and the gap in her heart was healing over. Even though she had talked to other children for a month, there was a hole that only the presence of her best friend's fellow love for marvel and support could fill. Of course to one who was 11 years old, these revelations were confusing enough, and there was no way to express the sense of loneliness that Eris had felt without the presence of her taller friend there besides her.

Adam was sorry, he was taking the blame. That meant everything was good again, right? Maybe, maybe not. Eris didn't care. If things seemed good again, that was enough for her. She would hold onto the friendship that had somehow became so precious to her throughout her months at Hogwarts. This will not happen again, she silently promised to herself, meaning it with all her heart and soul. A promise that an 11 year old girl would attempt to uphold for as long as she could, not knowing just how much of a rollarcoaster friendship could turn out to be.

"I think we both share equal blame to tell the truth. You weren't the one who took off after Eri like the Flash." Eris laughed, attempting to make a joke. Even though there was an awkward undertone to her words, and a nervous energy gnawing at her, Eris managed to speak calmly. Or calmly enough, with the absence of tears streaming from her eyes like a miniature waterfall.

Then Adam nudged her, and at once, the lingering thoughts of anxiety faded away. This was what their friendship had always been back, and like a button had been pressed, it started back up again in that moment. Like the world had just been unpaused, and it was now rebooting back to life.

"Oh please, it was the first time I've ever really punched somebody. I didn't know she was going to cry and faint! I swear, I didn't mean to hit her that hard...at first." Eris laughed again, letting the tension in her shoulders fade away, as she basked in the familiarity of the situation.

Eris Fawley:

"At first".

It was a simple phrase, barely even that, just two common words. On any other day, they probably would have meant nothing to Adam. Today, they meant everything.

"At first." At first, he'd been terrified, horrified, at the implications of what he had done. When he'd descended into hysterical madness, Eris had looked at him with an expression of complete surprise. He'd been nervous that it would be replaced with a cruel mask of hatred, or even worse, betrayal. Instead, a familiar smile had slowly crept across her face, influenced by his own laughter. She'd worn that tenuous half-smile as he'd apologized and tried to explain, but at least she'd stopped crying. He'd waited with bated breath in the classroom's stifling silence to see how she'd respond to his joke, and when she did, it was beautiful. A smile, a laugh, a joke of her own, all tied together with a superhero reference in true Eris fashion. It was things like these that made him realize how much she really mattered in his life, and how much he'd been missing since their hallway showdown months ago.

It didn't feel like they'd met this year. Although he remembered clearly the moment when the redhead girl had walked into Madam Malkin's robe shop, the quick-blooming friendship that had grown between them was as strong as one that had existed for years. Adam had almost torn that all down, ripped it away for good, but they were together now, and everything was looking up. They weren't going to have to wait around anymore. They were going to be alright. They were going to be alright.

His hopes confirmed with those two simple words. His laughter started up anew at the way Eris described the hit, and though he still felt a little bad for Eri Windstone -- she'd never meant to make a mistake -- he couldn't help but grin as his friend argued to justify her punch. She was joking back in the same way that he'd started, and that was the thing that finally made him certain that they could fix everything. With an internal groan, he realized that he had Dean to thank for all of this. It bothered him to think that his brother had swept in yet again and done something that Adam couldn't do, but he knew that he couldn't complain.

"Hey, Eris?" he asked, smiling at her from his seat behind one of the ancient desks once they'd calmed down a little bit. "If I ever have another 'idea' as stupid as that one, I want you to punch me even harder." Though he was still making light of the situation, Adam knew that he really couldn't afford to let a conflict like this get between them again. "Seriously. You know how people say teenage boys act like idiots? Well, I think that's starting early. Just....just don't let me forget that we're friends, okay? I don't think I ever will, but....don't let me forget."

Adam Harringtom

Friendship. How was it that she had been so stupid, so blind when they weren't friend, moping around and hiding? Why hadn't she came to him, why hadn't they bridged the gap of their making, sooner? This was the best feeling in the world, sitting and talking to the first friend Eris had ever made--not counting the strange girl from the park. This was nice. This was what life was supposed to feel like, having a best friend at your side. Wasn't it? How they hadn't talked for a few months was insane to Eris, because in the moment, there was nothing that mattered besides the friend she had lacked for so long. It was clear, at least in her eyes, just how special her friendship with Adam was. He clearly cared about her, and she cared about him. Her best friend in the whole wide world was back, and was talking to her again.

And now that he was back, so was Dean, and Sydney, and Bridget, and everyone else that had made an impact on Eris's world during the amazing time she had spent at the Harringtom home over the Winter Holidays, throwing snowballs, watching movies, and opening presents. The family that had felt more like a family to her in the short time at their house, than her own mum did. They were back too, just as Adam was Tears completely dried, all Eris could do was smile. It felt like they had been friends for years, not just a small year of school and drama, and in that moment, Eris couldn't help but feel overwhelming gratitude for Dean, for while weirdly into getting cooties from Sydney Shaw, he had somehow made Adam come to his senses again, and made the two of them talk.

Eris laughed at Adam's words, not understanding that he wasn't kidding for a moment. Why would she hit him? They were friends, she didn't hit her friends! When he mentioned seriously, Eris sobered up, eyes widening. Punch Adam? Why would she want to punch Adam? Even if he was being stupid and dramatic, or doing dumb impressions of Americans in the Hospital Wing, Eris wasn't going to punch him. That was absurd. There had to be some other way to prevent another friendship break, a way that didn't involve hurting her close friends.

"What about.." Eris frowned, chewing on the inside of her gums as she thought.

"What about we promise to always be friends, and not let stupid stuff get in between us? That seemed better than resorting to beating up Adam, which Eris would not let happen. Even if he was being a weirdo, she wasn't going to punch him in the face. Ever.

Eris Fawley:

He couldn't help but laugh at the expression on her face as Eris worked to improve his slightly-barbaric idea for a failsafe. His best friend was a fiery, brave, and humorous girl, but when she cared about something, she was all seriousness. It was one of the reasons he needed her by his side -- Adam was never very good at acting businesslike, but there were times when the situation called for it, and that was one of the times he was so glad to have friends like Eris. He leaned back so that he was sitting on top of an old, dusty desk and listened to her make her proposal.

"You know, that's a much better idea than mine. Can't have this face all messed up before I show off my dancing skills during the BlossomFest Ball, huh?" Laughing, he realized that this was one such matter that should probably be dealt with more sensitively, and continued in a more serious tone. "But really, that's a promise that I'll always make. I never want to be not-friends again. We're going to need each other if we're going to get through the next six years here, right? And you're going to be responsible for making sure I don't turn into my brother."

Spinning himself around on the desk and lying back across and adjacent one, Adam stared up at the ceiling and sighed. "There's going to be a lot more stupid stuff that we're going to have to deal with, isn't there? I can't even stand everyone asking each other to the ball. And we're eleven! What am I going to do when I actually have to ask someone? And I don't even want to talk about classes getting harder. If I don't understand those stupid Potions lessons now, I'm definitely not understanding them for O.W.L.'s." His cheeks flushed as he realized he had already started ranting not five minutes into their reborn relationship, and he awkwardly issued an apology. "Sorry, it's just...it's been a long year. But now you're back! And we can get through it together!"

And they really could. Adam knew it: if he and Eris stayed together, they could get through anything. He was going to need his friends for the next six years at the castle. All of them. And now, he had his best one back at last.

Adam Harringtom

The Blossomball! It had been painful to go to the dancing lessons, not being friends with Adam, but now that they were friends again, they could go together...if she wasn't already going with Max. It wasn't a date or anything though, no..they were just going as two friends that liked to punch people together. That wasn't weird, was it? Not at all. It wasn't like they were on a date, not when they were 11 and could get cooties, which was totally real, regardless of what any other students believed.

"I bet you would look good in makeup, if you showed up to the Blossom Ball in makeup." Eris remarked with a chuckle of her own. The seemingly random comment came from the druges of Eris's imagination, as she imagined Adam showing up to the ball in concealer to hide bruises on his face. That was what woman used when they were hurt, right? Before she could explain herself, or the odd comment, Eris found herself being snapped back into seriousness by Adam's next comment. It was true, they were going to be at the school for the next six years, and they were not going to be anything without each other. They needed each other, or at least, Eris needed her rational best friend to counter her fire and madness, and she needed someone to talk to, who wasn't a pureblood princess or prince, or wasn't someone who fueled her violent impulses.

"Don't worry about it!" Eris replied instantaneously, nodding her head fast enough to cause strands of hair to fall out of their ponytail and spill over her forehead. "I can help with Potions if you want? I actually, sort of, kind of like it?" A faint blush covered Eris's cheeks at the admittance uttered. Eris did not like to admit her smarts, fearing it would make her "less" of a Gryffindor, but she enjoyed the class of potions. It was just cooking, but with a bit more magic involved. After a moment's silence, Eris let out a gasp of air." Wow, but you're right, though. Soon we'll be doing O.W.L.S and going on dates, and all that yucky stuff. I mean, we're almost second years! That's practically ancient."

He was right, though. They had six years left at the school, and whatever came their way, they would be able to get through it. Everything felt better now that she had her best friend back, so when the bells rung, singling that it was time for the next class of the day, Eris felt far better than she had in days. The bells rang again, as the sounds of children's feet echoed outside of the classroom, and with a bright smile, Eris pulled herself up from her seat.

"I'll see you after classes! We have a lot to talk about, now that we're friends again." The girl said with a laugh, already hopeful for the future friendship that Adam and Eris were going to have. They were going to be best friends for six years, and now, there was nothing stopping that.

With one last smile and a wave goodbye, Eris slipped out of the classroom, head full of childlike excitement over having her best friend back, and visions for the future.

Reducio
Thread Exited

Eris Fawley:

Reducio
[Adam exits thread]
[Thread Closed]

Adam Harringtom