Register
Sign in

21 Jan 2019, 07:42
Andrew Vance | 5th Year | Slytherin

faceclaim ◆ Quinn Lord
skin ◆ fair | hair ◆ chocolate brown | eyes ◆ gray blue | wand hand ◆ right | accent ◆ RP English

Reducio
ii18+ii
5’11”
iiiii17iiiii
5’11”
5’10”–5’11”
5’7”–5’10”
5’4”–5’7”
5’1”–5’4”
4’10”–5’1”
4’8”–4’10”
Reducio
mtbi
ISFJ-A “The Defender”
Reducio
Service-oriented.
Hardworking and devoted, they feel a deep sense of responsibility to helping those around them, going above and beyond to ensure things are done to the highest standard. Can become overly attached to their vision of how things “should” be in the world, sacrificing health and loved ones in pursuit of the greater good.

Humble.
While underplaying their accomplishments, when their efforts go unnoticed or unappreciated, they may find themselves quietly losing enthusiasm and motivation, eventually becoming resentful to those who take them for granted. Will suffer silently, trying to do everything themselves, when duty overwhelms them.

Reserved.
Social introverts. Tend to be private and a bit protective of themselves. Although they generally try to avoid conflict, they have clear and firm opinions and preferences, and are deeply sensitive to others' as well. Breaking tradition isn’t easy for them, placing great value on history and precedent. Even when change is necessary, they may wait until the situation reaches a breaking point before altering course.
enneagram
9w1 “The Negotiator”
Reducio
basic desire
peace, both internally and externally · to make their idealized, peaceful world a reality

tendencies
seek routine and moral action · fear misfortune and isolation · be optimistic and orderly · avoid disturbing peace and balance · try to numb themselves to their problems

strengths
easily seeing many sides to a situation · desire to help and improve the lives of others · strong work ethic and focus · deeply rooted motivation and purpose · ability to remain open-minded

motivated/energized by
consistency and routine in their lives · helping bring positive change to their community · uniting two groups of people · support and acceptance from peers
basic fear
being separated from the rest of the world and losing what matters to them

defense mechanism
participating heavily in routine to distract themselves and avoid negative emotions

weaknesses
overlooking their own needs · overly critical of themselves · being perceived as cold or aloof when stressed · difficulty facing conflict head-on

stressed/drained by
making the wrong choice or disappointing others · feeling overlooked and unacknowledged · ignoring their own personal needs · being unable to accomplish a particular goal
element
earth
Like a strong, sheltering tree...
Cautious. Slow to respond and take risks that would jeopardize his well-being and loved ones' opinions of him.
Conservative. Rigid about conventional rules, regulations and traditions, particularly his Muggle family views.
Practical. Grounded in reality, by all Muggle and wizarding sense of the word, valuing simplicity and hard work.
Peacemaker. Of stable temperament and desire for stability, to achieve his vision of harmony in the world around him.
Dependable. Supportive, diligent and thoughtful worker, steadfast to his responsibilities and commitments.
heavenly virtue
diligence
He prides himself on a good work ethic and staying true to his Muggle roots, which involves sacrifice and helping others when needed. While not a perfectionist, he aims to be thorough in whatever task he sets his mind to, persistence and ambition going hand in hand in weathering through life's storms. Walking the talk and going the extra mile for the right cause, even if his heart isn't in it. Actions speak louder than words, after all.
deadly sin
wrath
Anger, one of the primary emotions that drive his masculinity, his protectiveness and self-preservation, is rather quick to rise, though he generally keeps a lid on it. Fear and resentment of the wizarding world has turned him into quite the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, separating his peaceful Muggle from volatile wizard self. Toward wizards, his temper is far more unpredictable, his Muggle-born morals blurred. To those who mean ill, or press the right trigger, he can snap unexpectedly. All bite, no bark. Blinded by anger, he isn't afraid to spill blood to send a message across.
religion
Protestant
He's no zealot, keeping his religious views to himself, but the Bible was the cornerstone of his Muggle upbringing, believing the occult to be a sin. Fear of being estranged from his family and condemned to Hell for his abilities has festered an emotional detachment from the wizarding world, spurning wizards as 'lesser than', whose lives mean little to no value to him or God in the long spiritual run – merely superficial connections to survive and further his own agenda. Desperately clinging to the sanity of his old Muggle life, he struggles to accept himself for what he truly is.
sexual orientation
hetero
Raised conservative, he has godly faith that the right one will come along eventually, if destined for him. Otherwise he sees no point in thinking about it, not fantasizing about romance, more or less oblivious to his own charm and the reciprocation of others. Flirting is a game he'd only consider toying other wixes with, for ulterior motive. Genuinely, he's a life partner type, intent on giving everything of himself away only once. A bond of love and trust, stronger than family, requires careful selection. Quick to warm up to but slow to open himself up completely. Falling for a witch could only spell disaster, straining his inner turmoil over his Muggle family and spiritual beliefs.
love language
acts of service
He's a practical and mundane guy, bent on consistency and routine. Would rather let his actions do the talking through physical labor, helping others with the little things to make life run smoothly.
skills
trumpet · ocarina · whistling · fishing · magical languages · Transfiguration
Neither too sporty or musical, well-rounded in most Muggle activities typical of a middle-class upbringing. Enjoys the excitement of a good party and people as much as he does the calm of nature and animals. Fitting into the stereotypes of his wand, interest in magical creatures led to discovery of his gift in magical languages (applewood), while Transfiguration came to him naturally with ease (Thunderbird tail feather), cultivating his desire to become an Animagus.
chocolate · black licorice · blue · winter · Christmas · jazz music · aquariums · boats · planes · magical creatures
A kid at heart, swayed by a childlike innocence and sense of wonder. His sweet tooth is a crutch, used to placate and bribe him. The holiday season, the most magical time of year. Drawn to the blue realms beyond, of sky and sea, he finds tranquility in the release of earthly confines. An adventurous yet vindicative part of him seeks to explore the unknown. To bridge the worlds between man and beast, Muggle and magical, and bring equality to all.
dislikes
coffee · tea · poetry · riddles · H̵o̷g̷w̶a̵r̴t̶s̵ · ̶m̸a̵g̷i̸c̴ · ̴w̵i̴x̵e̸s̸ · ̵S̶e̴c̷r̷e̵c̶y̶
Complexity and indirectness. The wizarding world is hardly transparent. Proud and protective of his heritage, he despises withholding the truth from Muggles. Novelty of magic quickly wore off, after the Curse that afflicted him in his second year of Hogwarts, heightening his paranoia and disdain of the magical community. He quietly wrestles with a state of denial, referring the wizarding world as "fake", hence his lack of any "real" attachments among wizards, physically and emotionally.
amortentia
vanilla & cinnamon
Warm and fuzzy notes of childhood nostalgia. Of kitchens, cafés and bakeries, especially around the Christmas season. More subconsciously, his mother, imprinted by the gentle sweet spice of her signature perfume.
polyjuice
chai latte color/texture/taste · heavy anise scent/flavor
(palatable for black licorice lovers)
Unassuming on the outside, neither too eye-fetching nor off-putting. He takes care of himself to look well-kempt, well-mannered, and blend in with the crowd. A friendly aura, one of quiet confidence and subtle charm, agreeable and inviting to many. Getting to know him, beneath the surface, lies a stronger, more mysterious complexity, one that can't please everyone.
boggart
snake
Fear of his own magical self and the villainous Slytherin within.
mirror of erised
his parents and siblings all holding wands
Family means the world to him. They are his rock, his shelter and support. The only people he trusts completely, in a world full of lies and deceit. He hates living a double life apart from them. If only they were magical... If only Muggles and wizards co-existed peacefully... he wouldn't have to bear the heartache of choosing between worlds. He wouldn't have to leave his family in the dark, leave them behind. He wouldn't feel so alone.
thestral sight
no
Reducio
wand
applewood · Thunderbird tail feather · 12 ½” · gold metal rosette (handle tip)
“Bendy, highly powerful and loves being powerful, extremely difficult to control.”
My Stick ii Bad Lip Reading

Reducio
It was but a small-minded notion that the wandwood from the tree bearing the most basic of fruits made a wand as mundane as a muggle. Muggle-born Andrew would know well that muggles were not all as prosaic as most wizardfolk perceived them to be - a sentimental charm that drew a wand crafted from a near-ancient branch of an wild Irish-native crabapple tree. Although a wand of Malus was far from domineering, it had its unique ideals and sure enough, rubbed an influence of its own affinity for languages magical and ancient - whether Andrew was aware or not. Airig Fedo: nobles of the wood, Crabapple trees were rooted in Celtic-irish history and Andrew might just find some fascinating ancestry in his own.

A wood of a wise tree that drew strength from righ forest grounds over centuries possessed substaintial power. Paired with the wildness and sheer might of a thunderbird, Andrew would often find his wand a struggle to control. It was fortunate that Applewoods did not favour dark magic of any kind. As Applewoods aimed high, a strong trait of Thunderbird Tail Feather core was persistence, and they made a good duo. And with attributes of a Slytherin, should Andrew Vance set his sights on something, the wand of Applewood and Thunderbird Tail Feather core might serve to pave the way towards his success if only he learns to control.

— wand analysis by Aurelivanders

Reducio
Vance houseRomford (East London)
homeowners ◆ Michael & Carroll Vance (2002–present)
Somewhere In My Memory ii John Williams
An urban house on a quiet cul de sac. Andrew's early home.
Reducio
driveway/garage ▸ blue minivan

Ground Floor
entrance hallway ▸ hall closet · door to laundry room · door to basement

bathroom

kitchen & dining area ▸ eating counter (seats 3) · round table (seats 5) · dining table (seats 8i)

living room ▸ loveseat ∙ L-shape sofa ∙ end tables ∙ coffee table ∙ wall-mounted flatscreen TV above fireplace (Floo-linked) ∙ Wii console ∙ piano keyboard ∙ cat beds ∙ door to backyard

backyard ▸ patio ∙ hot tub ∙ shed ∙ garden beds ∙ cat tower ∙ pet memorials

First Floor
Image Image
Stacy's bedroom ▸ trundle bed ∙ guitar stand

Andrew's bedroom
Reducio
ocarina
Purchased at a Muggle antique store over the summer of 2020. Self-taught, with the help of online tutorials, Andrew brought the instrument with him to Hogwarts at the start of his third year, playing it religiously by the Lake to hone his skill. Learning of Merpeople and their language, he believes music is an essential part of communicating with them.

trumpet
Started at nine years old, when he joined Hillstone Primary's school band. Grew up playing for his local church. The only niche of creativity he became decently good at, improvising at jam sessions, where his taste for jazz developed. Thus far, it's a private skill, his "Muggle" thing, jealously guarded from other wizardfolk to keep his two lives separate.

master bedroom ▸ computer desk

Loft
attic Kyle's bedroom

Basement
Christmas ornaments ∙ Andy's Hogwarts mementos (discarded, restarted Sep 2023)

Pets
Duchess & Princess ❖ 07.15.2014 ∙ moggies
Stupid Stupid World ii Talking Kitty Ciat
Littermates, born to one of the many strays on the Patterson farm. Adopted by the Vances in December 2014, at the behest of Andrew and his siblings. Andrew is fond of Duchess, the more sociable one.

Olive ❖ 04.16.2021 ∙ female betta
Gymnopédie No. 1 ii Erik Satie
Purchased at a local pet shop in July 2021. Housed in a 10-gallon aquarium that sits on Andrew's desk.

Reducio
Ruby, Sparky, Dixie ❖ 03.01.2011–04.21.2021 · fantail goldfish
I Built a Friend ii Alec Benjamin
The Vances' first family pets, bought at Andrew's plea as a birthday present, quite a milestone for him at four years old. Under his blue thumb, they grew from quarter-sized to 7-inch long giants, upgrading to a 50-gallon aquarium showcased at the entrance hallway. Sparky was his favorite.

Reducio
Penelope “Pin-Pin”Hogwarts pet · 02.29.2016–04.07.2023† · Gray Rat
likes ◆ eating · sneaking · stealing · friending
Ben Pin ii Michael Jackson
Andrew's first Hogwarts pet, purchased from the Magical Menagerie. Cheeky, chonky and cuddly, she captured the hearts (and food and possessions) of many, even cats and non-rat lovers, during Andrew's first three years at Hogwarts. A truly special and magical companion, she lived a whopping seven years, loved by Andrew, together until the end.

Pin & Loki (BFFs)
I Believe I Can Fly ii R. Kelly

Patterson farmTaunton, England
homeowners ◆ Thomas & Cynthia Patterson (2001–present)
Ordinary Miracle ii Sarah McLachlan
24 acres of Taunton's pastoral countryside. Frequent destination for Vance-Patterson get-togethers and holiday getaways. Andrew and his siblings spent many birthdays and summers with their cousins here.
Reducio
The Farmhouse

The Barn

The Animals
A small herd of dairy cows and few dozen chickens make up the majority of the farm's livestock, along with numerous barn cats. A medley of trees supplies the orchard, and a few geese dwell by the small fishing lake where the pool parties happen.

Polly ❖ bloodhound mix
Nevermind the name; he's a boy, by the way

Abby ❖ Dachshund

Tink & Bam-Bam ❖ Shetland ponies
Tinkerbell and Bambi, a matching black pair of cart ponies and fun-sized mounts for kids. Tink is slightly bigger, while Bam-Bam has a white "fawn spot" flicked to one side of his forehead.

Jethro ❖ guard donkey
King of the hill

Reducio
iMichaeli
father
07.01.1980 · 5’7” · Muggle · software developer

FC ii Carlos Ponce

“Sport, hobby, cult. Whatever it is, these children will not be exposed to it. I won’t tell you what to do with your lives, but personally, I think all this magic-witchcraft-voodoo is full of devils and satanic rituals. It’s all supernatural. It’s unhealthy. I’d rather my children stay away from it.”
— Michael Vance to the Hill family (An Unexpected Letter)

iCarrolli
mother
01.02.1981 · 4’9” · Muggle · medical technologist

FC ii Brenda Song

“Be safe, alright? Never go anywhere alone. Make sure you’re with someone at all times, only those that you trust, okay? Send us a letter once you get there, as often as you can. Every day, alright? We want to make sure nothing’s happened to you. Don’t forget.”
— Carroll Vance to Andrew Vance (Leaving the Nest (Pt. 2))

iStacyi
sister
06.05.2004 · 5’1” · Muggle · university student

FC Grace Kaufman

Fly With Me
Jonas Brothers

All Star
Fauxny

Believe
Josh Groban

Feeling Good
Michael Bublé

‘23i Image

“”

JUL 23
Finished secondary school (GCSEs) at Bower Park Academy

‘22i Image
DEC 24
Do You Know What I Know?
“Mums. Always gotta talk about us. Sorry about mine keeping yours up, she really likes making friends.”
— Andrew Vance to Marius Brown

SEP 2
Began Year 11 of Muggle school at Bower Park Academy

JUL 23
Finished Year 10 of Muggle homeschooling online via Overland Academy

JUL 5
Fate or Fatuous?
“I want us to talk. After that, I'll give you your rat back and leave. And we can both get on with our lives. Easy.”
Aurelia Notrésvace to Andrew Vance

JAN 3
Began magical homeschooling. Joined RAF Air Cadets.

JAN 3
Home
“After all, he was no longer a part of their world. Why hold onto the past?”
— Narration by Andrew Vance

So what am I supposed to do? ~My head tries to remember you ~But it all fades one trace at a time
Colour ii Aaron B. Thompson

‘21i Image
DEC 23
Dropped out of Hogwarts

NOV 19
Purifying Flame
“He knew better than to get his hopes up, when news of a cure first reached his ears.”

Year 4
2021–2023

JUL 15
Underwater Tears
“”
JUN 2
Oh Sugar Honey Iced Tea
“”
JUN 2
REEEE
“”
MAY 29
Blossom Ball - Underworld
“”
MAY 18
Propheseying a Friendship
“”
MAY 1
Aspirants, Assemble!
“”
MAR 26
Dangos & Matcha
“”
MAR 19
Dance of the Bushpeople
“”
FEB 13
Let Me Steal Ur Heart
“”
JAN 20
It's ok Moon Moon
“”

‘20i Image
DEC 5
Cookie Cheers!
“Thanks for the gift Andy! I love that you thought of me while you were at Hogsmeade. How did it go?”
Tyranni Whitethorn to Andrew Vance
DEC 5
Little Something
“Though he was fairly confident Tyranni would appreciate anything, he hoped his gift wouldn't be a disappointment.”
— Internal monologue by Andrew Vance
DEC 5
Holidays in Hogsmeade
“Aye, a snowball fight sounds like the proper thing to do. If ye think ye can defeat the reignin' Snowball War Champion of Dingle!”
Dan Palmer to Andrew Vance
OCT 31
Leading the Pack
“”
OCT 30
Goblin' It Up: Spooktacular Movie Party!
“Andrew wasn't normally scared - not of the dark or of spiders - but Halloween was a different atmosphere.”
OCT 30
Goblin' It Up: Fright or Flight
“What's this? Batman asking Joker for help? I'm not even the right Joker, and I still find it funny.”
OCT 30
Goblin' It Up: Muggle Munchies
“Seeing the giant carved pumpkin brought a smile to Andrew's own face, as well as warm feelings of home - finally, something familiar - in recognizing the Muggle brands of candy.”
OCT 17
Return of the Shiny
“I think you'll be needing this more than me.”
— Letter from Andrew Vance to Jo Morgan
OCT 16
The Fall Ball (The Hunt)
“Apparently the ghost cat had led them here. The first piece to their riddle.”
OCT 16
The Fall Ball (Costume Party)
“Tricky Treats, huh? Hmm, hope there's no love potion in 'em.”
— Andrew Vance to Dan Palmer
SEP 12
Pampering Pristine Pets
“Well, lookit what we got here. A cute little lady, and her cute little owner.”
Dan Palmer to Andrew Vance and Penelope
SEP 5
Sunshine, Daisies, Butter Mellow
“As the gameplay of Muggle sports mainly attracted their kind, they could also be hotspots for trouble with other purebloods and wizardborns seeking to pick on the ‘underdogs’ of the school.”
AUG 14
Give That Man a Cookie
“Well, this owl isn't going anywhere by itself. Guess we have to send it back with something.”
— Stacy Vance to her brothers
JUL 25
The Aftermath
“I have to take my leave. Mother would never approve of my presence in a home of muggles.”
Aurelia Notrésvace to Andrew Vance
APR 1
A Token of Friendship
“In the moment, Andrew didn't know what else to think, except not reject the gift.”
APR 1
Poisson D'avril
“It wasn't until several corridors later that Andrew would overhear the giggles from some of the other students passing by.”
MAR 22
Hogwarts' Got Talent!
“Making himself comfortable, he would lean back and watch the show, anxiously waiting for Dan's turn to come around.”
MAR 14
Cupcakes are healthy muffins, yes?
“What could he possibly turn these heaps of blue frosting into?”
MAR 3
Enter the Teenage Years
“Just think, one day you're going to be taller than me. But today's not the day, don't worry, you're still a shortie.”
— Letter from Emma Hill to Andrew Vance
FEB 29
Rat in a Party Hat
“If yer gonna bring a bloody predator to a birthday party, could ye have her not try to eat the birthday girl, or ruin the decorations?”
Dan Palmer to Aurelia Notrésvace
FEB 10
Brightening Up The Room
“Is anyone allergic to pollen? Or are these flowers enchanted to not make anyone sneeze?”
FEB 8
Yes, No, Maybe?
“Andrew strolled hand-in-hand with Dan as they left the Slytherin Common Room.”
FEB 8
Will You Be My Valentine?
“Hey Andy. I got some Chocoballs, you want one?”
FEB 3
Black
“Just cut it off or something!”
— Andrew Vance to a Hogwarts nurse
FEB 3
Something Dire in the Dark
“Burn 'em. Burn 'em all…!”
FEB 3
Valentine's Tea
“Wait, we're supposed to be paired?!”

‘19i Image
DEC 22
The Giver and the Gift
“I know you said I didn't have to get you anything, but I really wanted to, so… There.”
— Andrew Vance to Emerly Pine
DEC 14
It's beginning to look a lot like...
“I'm decorating. We're getting the Common Room all ready for Christmas. As you can see…”
DEC 7
Silver and Gold
“Mind if we all sit together?”
— Andrew Vance to Dan Palmer and Emerly Pine
NOV 3
Autumn Walk
“You aren't scared to be out here? With all those rumors of unicorns and centaurs not too far away?”
Emerly Pine to Andew Vance
OCT 25
The Badgers Bite Back!
“What do you guys say, huh? You two Huffles against us three? I'm sure you guys can manage, right?”
Erik Tharaldson to Andrew Vance, Emerly Pine, Donnovan Perrywinkle and Jack Warren
OCT 15
Dear Heather
“It would be interesting to talk about what happened last night…”
— Letter from Andrew Vance to Heather Ruby
OCT 14
Who Did What?
“As far as Andrew knew, teachers - Headmasters - were supposed to be these trusted adults. They were supposed to look after students, to protect them. And thus far, Andrew hadn't had any reason to suspect or fathom otherwise.”
OCT 14
The Masquerade Ball
“This isn't going to be like what happened at the Blossom Ball, is it?”
Heather Ruby to Andrew Vance
OCT 1
Eye on the Ball
“Has anyone asked you yet? To be their date?”
— Andrew Vance to Heather Ruby
SEP 15
A Little Goes a Long Way
“Hey, you were at the game yesterday, right? Sorry 'bout the rat.”
SEP 14
Spectator: Slytherin V Hufflepuff
“Seriously? You gotta cause trouble now? Do you want to be in a cage?”
— Andrew Vance to Penelope
SEP 7
Crafternoon
“Hey, I didn't know we could do abstract art.”
— Andrew Vance toward Josephine Salvatore
SEP 2
You can't escape the lovely aromas of...
“I'm going to use lavender, because... why not? I don't know what half of this stuff is. You should make a chocolate one... I mean, you won't get to keep it, but at least the room won't smell like scented grass.”
Emma Hill to Andrew Vance
SEP 1
A Whole New Dorm
“Dan! They got bunk beds in the Salazar room! We can be bunkmates!”
SEP 1
Back to School
“Aaand…that's about it. What did you do over the summer?”
SEP 1
A Confusing Return
“Finally, found you! You're with us.”
JUL 14
Lickety-split
“Here... In case you've been standing for quite a while.”
— Andrew Vance to Ruth Warren
JUN 29
Scrub-a-dub-dub
“Job well done, Sir. He's done us a big favor.”
— House Elf to Andrew Vance
APR 1
Blossom Ball
“You. Dance.”
Erin Ryan to Andrew Vance
APR 1
Whimsy and Unicorns
“I was doing some walking on my hands you see...”
Mari Haynes to Andrew Vance
FEB 19
Of Slumber parties and secrets
“Need a light?”
— Andrew Vance to Koko Riddle

‘18i Image
DEC 20
From Pest to Pets
“You know, rats aren’t as terrible and frightening as everyone makes them out to be. . . Would you like to hold one?”
— Mrs. Witticker to Andrew Vance
SEP 7
Family Package
“To Andrew's surprise, an owl passed overhead, and a small package was dropped, aiming towards…him?”
SEP 2
The Birds and the B.
“Sending an owl for the first time sounded… thrilling? Terrifying?”
SEP 2
xoxo
“Class starts tomorrow, so I have the whole day to write this and explore the castle.”
— Letter from Andrew Vance to the Vance family
SEP 1
Surrounded by Snakes
“He was looking forward to making new friends (sooner, rather than later) and establishing contacts that would help him survive the next seven years at Hogwarts.”
SEP 1
The Dormitory of Merlin
“After an eventful day and his belly stuffed full with dinner, Andrew was ready to turn in for the night, looking forward to some much-needed shuteye.”
SEP 1
The Slytherin Table (2018-2019)
“I guess wizard schools aren’t much different than Muggle schools.”
— Andrew Vance to Landon Storm
SEP 1
Case of the Sniffles
“It's alright, tomorrow will be better. First classes are always the funnest.”
SEP 1
The Sorting Ceremony 2018-2019
“Is there a preference in mind?”
— Sorting Hat to Andrew Vance
SEP 1
A First Year Entrance
“Aww Man... Did we have to go on boat? I get a bit nauseous on boats.”
Nicholas Kingsman to Andrew Vance
SEP 1
Cold Compartment
“Hello there..! Umm... I.. Kind of got in late, and don't have a- What I mean is.. Can I sit here?”
Nicholas Kingsman to Andrew Vance
SEP 1
Leaving the Nest (Pt. 2)
“Would you like some help getting onto the platform?”
Ruby Cazares to the Vance family
SEP 1
Leaving the Nest (Pt. 1)
“This was it – Andrew stood by the entryway, casting one last glance down the front hallway. The last time he would get to see this house. Until Christmas break.”
AUG 24
Duck, Duck, Wizard
“We should give you something too! So you can remember me and Kyle, when you’re away.”
— Stacy Vance to Andrew Vance
APR 26
Leading the Blind (part 2)
“Meh, I don't know everything. Technically, I've only been a wizard for a month, so I've still got plenty to learn.”
APR 26
Leading the Blind
“Hogwarts? Wait, so you got that letter too? I gotta say, this is going kind of far for a prank, even for Grandpa Bob...”
Heather Ruby to Andrew Vance
APR 2
A Search for Books
“Excuse me. Do you know where I can find everything on this list?”
— Andrew Vance to Luna Choi
APR 2
Kindled By Magic
“Many owls whisper in my ear about which of my soon-to-be customers might show up when. I was told you might be walking in soon, along with your good old friend, Miss Hill.”
— Ollivanders wandkeeper to Andrew Vance and Emma Hill
APR 1
An Unexpected Letter
“It's for you, and I got it on your birthday. I really should have told you guys sooner. You should read it. It was kind of.. well, delivered in the morning, through owls. Pretty weird, right?”
Emma Hill to Andrew Vance and the Vance family

‘16i Image
JUN 14
Lucky Waters
“Oh, um... Hi, again. I'm Emma. Wait, my mom told you that, right? Probably... sorry.”

‘14i Image
JAN 22
Within Memories
“You can’t tell anyone you saw that.”
Aurelia Bezuidenhout to Andrew Vance

<11
0’0”–4’10”

Reducio
Pre-Hogwarts History
(2007-2018)

Biography: Andrew was born in Romford, London on March 3, 2007. The middle child of three—an older sister and a younger brother, both fatefully Muggles. He and his family lived in the urban heart of Romford, an average house in a quiet neighborhood. His father was the primary caregiver, working from home as a software developer, while his mother worked at a nearby hospital as a medical technologist. A stable home and loving family, Andrew's only complaint would be not seeing as much of his parents' faces as he would have liked, his father holed up in his office while his mother grinded overtime at the laboratory, though the company of his siblings and weekends together with his parents more than made up for any lack of attention. The fruits of their labor did not go unappreciated by their children, who thrived in a peaceful home, instilled with discipline and a good Christian moral conduct. A comfortable middle-class upbringing. Andrew grew up a clean-cut, church-going boy, close-knit with relatives and a healthy circle of friends. Unaware he was anyone but ordinary, his early years blissful and content. He began primary school at a local state school in Romford, and fared socially and academically well among his peers.

First Instance of Magic: At seven years old, his first instance of magic occurred, during a party Andrew and his family were attending at one of his mother's friends' houses. A party that went on late into the night. While playing around the house with the other kids, Andrew happened to pass by a movie screening in another room, and so snuck in to watch, unaware that it was adult horror film. During a jump-scare point in the movie, his fright zapped out the television screen, turning it off. A peculiar incident, given that no other electronics were affected, but none too memorable or incriminating, as the movie resumed after a minute or two and Andrew slunk away from the scene to forget all about it. Over the years, no other signs manifested themselves as profoundly odd in front of Andrew and his family, up until the moment he picked up his first wand at Ollivanders, proving his inheritance without a doubt.

Physical Description: He passes for a typical White British lad, with fair skin, chocolate brown hair and gray blue eyes. A near-spitting image of his Caucasian father. A shock to many, realizing that Andrew is half Asian, beside his Korean-Filipino mother. When not in school uniform, he opts for comfortable Muggle jeans and sneakers, uninterested in fashion. Care of personal hygiene and a comb through his hair being enough for a kid his age to look clean and presentable in public.

Mental Description: He has a soft spot for animals, loves chocolate, and aspires to make his parents proud by doing well in school, staying out of trouble and becoming a productive member of society, searching for his place in the world. An introverted sort, he aims to be friendly and helpful to others without getting too personal. A good neighbor, as his parents raised him to be. Beyond his family and loved ones, he could care less about the opinions and feelings of those who interfere with his goals or tick him off. School is simply business to him, and he tries to be professional and private as such, masking his true emotions and prioritizing his own gain in the long run.
Last edited by Andrew Vance on 19 Dec 2023, 22:03, edited 2735 times in total.

21 Jan 2019, 07:52
Stamina 7 ⟡ Evasion 8 ⟡ Strength 5 ⟡ Wisdom 15 ⟡ Arcane Power 9 ⟡ Accuracy 6
SPELLS
Reducio
YEAR 1
Dancing-Feet Spell • Tarantallegra
Mending Charm • Reparo
Levitation Charm • Wingardium Leviosa
Wand-Lighting Charm • Lumos
Wand-Extinguishing Charm • Nox
Locking Charm • Colloportus
Unlocking Charm • Alohomora
Umbrella Spell • Pluvia Velo
Whistle to Watch • Tunc Sibilus
Snail to Teapot • Choclea Bibe
Glass to Sand
Sauce-Making Spell • Condimentum
Matchbox Transformation Spell • Flintifors
Matchstick to Needle • Conmutocus
Untransfiguration • Reparifarge
Green Sparks Charm • Verdimillious
Red Spark Charm • Periculum
Curse of the Bogies • Mucus ad Nauseam
Knockback Jinx • Flipendo
Smokescreen Spell • Fumos
Cleaning Charm • Scourgify
Snowflake-Creating Spell • Nix Facitur
Fire-Making Spell • Incendio
Extinguishing Charm • Extinguo
Four-Point Spell • Point Me
The Sneezing HexSteleus
The Bubble-Producing CharmBullarum Immortalem
The Eyeglass Repair CharmOculus Reparo
Severing Charm • Diffindo
Softening Charm • Spongify
Packing Charm • Pack
Tickling Charm • Rictusempra

YEAR 2
General Counter-Spell • Finite Incantatem
Freezing Charm • Immobulus
Revealing Charm • Revelio
Illegibility Charm • Illegibilus
Slowing Charm • Arresto Momentum
Engorgement Charm • Engorgio
Shrinking Charm • Reducio
Avifors Spell • Avifors
Purple Firecrackers-Conjuration Charm • Violaceous
Color-Changing Charm • Colovaria
Clothing Color-Changing Charm • Multicorfors
Hair Color-Changing Charm • Crinus Muto
Squiggle Quill Spell • Vermiculafors
Gluing Spell • Epoximise
Hardening Charm • Duro
Blindfolding Spell • Obscuro
Tongue-Tying Spell • Mimblewimble
Disarming Charm • Expelliarmus
Bluebell Flames • Caeruleus Inflamarae
Hot-Air Charm • Aer Calidus
Sun-Light Charm • Lumos Solem
Weather-modifying Charm • Metelojinx
Weather-modifying Countercharm • Meteolojinx Recanto
Weather-modifying Charm Variant • Meteolojinx
Atmospheric Charm • Caelum Muto
Blue Sparks Charm • Caerulimillious
Fire-Making Spell • Incendio Duo
Slug-Vomiting Charm • Slugulus Eructo
Flower-Conjuring Spell • Orchideous
Slippery-Jinx • Lubricus
Paper Mending Charm • Papyrus Reparo
Ascension Spell • Alarte Ascendare
Descension Spell • Descendo

YEAR 3
Bandaging Charm • Ferula
Wind Jinx • Ventus
Wand-Lighting Charm Duo • Lumos Duo
Radiant Wand-Lighting Charm • Lumos Maxima
Summoning Charm • Accio
Banishing Charm • Depulso
Singing Jinx • Cantis
Healing Charm • Reparifors
Guinea Fowl to Guinea Pig • Avum Porcus
Porcupine/Hedgehog to Pincushion • Hystrifors
Teapot to Gerbil • Jerbollam
Teapot to Rat • Ratollam
Teapot to Ferret • Migaleollam
Teapot to Tortoise • Terachelys
Teacup to Tortoise • Tazachelys
Tail-Growing Hex • Cauda Incrementum
Fish Transformation Spell • Piscifors
Fish to Flower • Piscimutatio
Teddy Bear to Spider • Arachmutatio
Boggart-Banishing Spell • Riddikulus
Revulsion Jinx • Relashio
Snake Summons Spell • Serpensortia
Snake-Vanishing Spell • Vipera Evanesca
Full Body-Bind Curse • Petrificus Totalus
Freezing Spell • Glacius
Hovering Charm • Sublevo Brevis
Spider Conjuration Spell • Arachnos
Water-Heating Spell • Aqua Fervens
Cracker Jinx • Nec Divinos Crepitus
Cheering Charm • Serenate
Bravery Charm • Animosus
Sealant Charm • Consigno
Gripping Charm • Inhaeresco
Hurling Hex • Iacta
Water Repelling Charm • Impervius
🎕 POTIONS 🎕
Reducio
YEAR 1
Cure for Boils
Herbicide Potion
Forgetfulness Potion
Antidote to Common Poisons
Antidote to Uncommon Poisons
Bruise Removal Paste
Burn Healing Paste
Babbling Beverage
Confusing Concoction
Dizziness Draught
Muffling Draught
Dogbreath Potion
Pompion Potion

YEAR 2
Drowsiness Draught
Sleeping Draught
Valerian Sprigs
Murtlap Essence
Pepperup Potion
Anti-Paralysis-Potion
Black-Fire-Potion

YEAR 3
Grand Pepperup Potion
Revive Potion

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.

18 Dec 2023, 21:53
Reducio
Charles Vance
paternal grandfather · 11.18.1958 · 5’6” · Muggle · gardener
likes ◆ fishing · boats · talk radio · DIY
FC ii Henry Czerny
Mostly White British, some German ancestry. Former marine engineering technician in the Royal Navy (1979–2014), he retired to spend more time with his grandchildren, working closer to home, at his wife's gardening business. He and his wife, Hannah, live in Hayes (West London) and have four children together (Dean, Michael, Cynthia, Baylor). Taught Andrew everything he knows about fishing and sailing. Bit of a workaholic who likes to keep his words few and hands busy; if not on the clock or out on the water, then some house project he's up to. Has an extensive ship model collection and often a hidden stash of chocolate for him and Andrew to share. Andrew inherited his sweet tooth from him.

Hannah (née Campbell) Vance
paternal grandmother · 08.23.1960 · 5’4” · Muggle · gardener
likes ◆ salads · gardening · soap operas
FC ii Valerie Mahaffey
Mostly White British, some Scottish ancestry. Runs her own gardening business that Andrew helps out with for an extra paycheck. While her disinterest in baking meant her grandchildren would never know the nostalgia of grandma's cookies, she did teach them to love their vegetables.
Reducio
Arthur Campbell
paternal grand-uncle · Muggle
Hannah's brother. Paternal grandfather of Olive.

Dean Vance
paternal uncle · 09.26.1978 · 6’0” · Muggle-born
FC ii Matthew Macfadyen
Superman ii Five For Fighting
Estranged from the family
Reducio
Image Image
Albert Keiran (né Nithercott) Hawkins
p̶u̸r̸e̵-̶b̵l̷o̷o̵d̶ · Unspeakable
I Lost Myself ii MUNN
Formerly known as Dean Cowell during his Hogwarts years (1990-1997). His pure-blood ancestry was forged discovered shortly after the Muggle-Born Registration Commission was instated during the Second Wizarding War. An affair with Estelle Notrésvace resulted in their love child, Aurelia.

Image Image
Married to “Cherie” (Saoirse) Hawkins. Step-father of Maggie.

Image Image
Image Image Image

Cynthia (née Vance) Patterson
paternal aunt · 09.30.1982 · 5’5” · Muggle · accountant
FC Jena Malone
likes ◆ vintage · antique stores · jigsaw puzzles · baking · gardening
The old-fashioned country girl of her family. She and her husband, Thomas, live on a hobby farm in Taunton, and have five children together (Olivia, Alex, Eric, David, Sophia). Andrew especially loves her chocolate cream pies.
Reducio
Image Image
Thomas Patterson
uncle · 07.23.1978 · Muggle · computer technician
FC Adam James

Image Image Image
Olivia Patterson
cousin · 05.12.2003 · Muggle
FC Ava Hughes
likes ◆ pink · horses · books · art

Image Image
Alex Patterson
cousin · 04.22.2005 · Muggle
FC Alexander De Jordy
likes ◆ yellow · photography

Eric Patterson
cousin · 08.08.2007 · Muggle
FC

Image Image Image
David Patterson
cousin · 07.10.2010 · Muggle
FC Luke Roessler

Image Image Image
Sophia Patterson
cousin · 12.05.2012 · Muggle
FC Ava Weiss
likes ◆ purple · butterflies · gymnastics

Baylor Vance
uncle · 01.18.1984 · 5’8” · Muggle · lawyer (solicitor)
FC Cian Barry
likes ◆ BBQ · football (soccer)
Bachelor. Lives in an apartment in the City of Westminster. The cool uncle.

Reducio
Rosalie Dalton
maternal grandmother · 09.22.1951 · Muggle · caregiver
FC Elizabeth Sung
likes ◆ roses · gold · sewing · Kung Fu films
Of Filipino descent, her parents immigrated from the Philippines to America, where she was born and married Kevin Dalton, a Korean-American. She and Kevin moved to Northumberland, England where their only child Carroll was born. Kevin died in the winter of 2005, from chronic alcoholism. She remains in Northumberland, working as a caregiver. Travels annually to London to spend the Christmas season with her daughter.

Reducio
Stacy Vance
sister · 06.05.2004 · 5’1” · Muggle · university student
FC Grace Kaufman
likes ◆ horses · art · baking · purple · guitar · magic · Abraham Hill
Only the Horses ii Scissor Sisters
Passionate equestrian. Veterinary Medicine student at Cambridge University (2022–). An avid follower of the supernatural teen genre, Stacy desires to know everything about the wizarding world, of which Andrew is all too eager to oblige, out of guilt that the sister whom he adores, whose fervor for magic far surpasses his own, will never be able to share the same experiences as him. Her baked goods are a staple of Andrew's care packages from home, at Hogwarts.
Kyle Vance
brother · 08.01.2009 · Muggle · student
FC Callum Joyce
likes ◆ math · origami · chess · piano · Minecraft
While enthused about the wizarding world, Kyle is more grounded in Muggle reality, accepting his and his brother's differences, rather than pining for the same path. Dreams of becoming a math professor at a prestigious university.

Reducio

01 Mar ‘21 i Joined the League of Aspirant Animagi

01 Sep ‘20 i Joined the Dormitory of Salazar Slytherin

Year 3
2020–2021

i Paralyzed ii Teflon Sega

Year 2
2019–2020

Dormitory of merlin

A Letter from Camp Hogwarts ii Allan Sherman

01 Sep ‘18 i Began Year 7 of Muggle school via online homeschooling program, Overland Academy, furthering his Muggle education alongside Hogwarts

Year 1
2018–2019

23 Jul ‘18 i Finished primary school at Hillstone Primary

07 Apr ‘18 i Several phone calls were made that weekend, the truth about magic and Andrew a wizard confided in his paternal relatives (grandparents Charles and Hannah, aunt Cynthia, uncles Thomas and Baylor) due to closeness of their relationship with Andrew, to cover for him and secure the family secret. The group of nine confidants (including his parents and siblings) was dubbed "The Fellowship" by Andrew's sister, Stacy.

28 Jul ‘14 i At seven years old, his first instance of magic occurred

[/size]
01 Sep ‘12 i Began primary school at a local state school, Hillstone Primary. Fared socially and academically well among his peers.

Younger ii Luca Aprile