Study Room

Register
Sign in

Bored  PV Ruby Cazares 

Alex flicked her wand up high in the air, watching it as it twisted slowly, before catching it in her left hand. She was on a small couch in the study room, a place she didn't normally go, as studying never really fell into the category of things she enjoyed. But rain was pouring down in buckets outside, and the Gryffindor common room was stuffed full of people looking for a retreat from the weather. So Alex had come here, where, although packed, the crowds weren't as dense as those elsewhere.

Bored, she started flicking her wand in the air again, slowly going faster and faster until sparks started emitting from it.She continued, until a bright purple light appeared from the end of her wand, and a little coffee-table in the middle of a couple of comfy chairs and couches shuddered violently as if it where very cold. Many of the students, most who were a couple of years older than Alex, started giving her annoyed looks.

"Could you stop that please?" said a Year Five girl from Gryffindor, even though the table had only shuddered once, giving Alex a look, making it clear that she was by far more important than her in every single way.
Letting out a small sigh, she shoved the wand back into her pocket, slouching a little further down the couch.

Since there was nothing else she could do, Alex slightly improved her posture (as her father used to say, the two most important things in this world are the works of Shakespeare, and good posture), and stared out into a small window, bored out of her brain.
Last edited by Alexandra Edwards on 2nd December 2018, 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stamina - 4 - Agility - 12 - Strength - 10 - Control - 4
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

Bored  PV Ruby Cazares 

A girl with brown hair in two plaits, pretty blue eyes, and pale skin entered the room. Her name was Ruby, and she was straight-backed, with an air that spoke of sharp intelligence, quiet confidence, and something strong, like ambition, passion, power, or all three. She scanned the room, simultaneously analyzing everything in it and looking for somewhere to sit. She was clearly a first year – you could tell by her looks – and the Slytherin crest was on her robes. After barely a moment of searching, Ruby found a seat near Alex.

She quickly analyzed the girl. Some of the most important and obvious things that she noticed were that the girl was a Gryffindor and she was clearly extremely bored. Ruby decided eventually that a fun, playful approach would work in this situation.

“Greetings, fair maiden. My name is Ruby, and I have come here to brighten up your day and make it more lively. Might I inquire the name of the one I have chosen to grace my presence with?” Ruby joked. She hoped the girl was fun enough to catch on and join her. After all, Ruby was bored of being cooped up inside and stuck with all these boring, serious people. She wanted some fun! She wanted to meet new people and play – enjoy herself a little bit. Maybe this girl would too.

Ruby Cazares
Strength: 3| Agility: 10| Control: 11| Stamina: 6

Bored  PV Ruby Cazares 

“Greetings, fair maiden. My name is Ruby, and I have come here to brighten up your day and make it more lively. Might I inquire the name of the one I have chosen to grace my presence with?”

Alex let out a small laugh. The girl was neither tall nor small, with wavy brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. The way she smiled at her, Alex immediately liked her. The way she was both brave and funny, and somehow beautiful as well. Alex instantly liked her, this Ruby. She was Slytherin, that was true, but Alex had accepted long ago that each house had more good traits than bad. And this girl seemed to acquire all the positive traits of a Slytherin, with her determined look and strong smile.

She shifted over so to allow the girl tom sit down, and grinned back at her.
'Hello, fellow maiden, my name is Alexandra Victoire Edwards, better known to my acquaintances as Alex, how are you?" she said, adopting a posh air. Returning back to her normal tone, she continued.
'You're right, I was completely bored here. I'd be outside but it's pouring, and there's nothing to do. You're in Slytherin, right?

Stamina - 4 - Agility - 12 - Strength - 10 - Control - 4
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

Bored  PV Ruby Cazares 

“I am very well, thank you,” she began, and then got rid of the playful voices. “To be honest, I'm bored of all this…” she paused quickly to gesture with one arm at the room as a whole, seriousness and lack of fun and mischief or adventures.”

Ruby had already analyzed Alex, but she saved the name into a specific part of her brain, along with her observations on the girl. She'd probably write them down later, but she had a good enough memory not to forget any of it. Ruby was glad that Alex had chosen to play along and that she seemed happier already. Maybe this girl could be a friend, or, at the very least, an acquaintance to help pass time and alleviate some of that boredom.

Ruby didn't really have a huge bias against Gryffindors, but from some of her experiences, she wasn't positively inclined towards them either. Many were loud and obnoxious or arrogant, and they thought they were good at everything, invincible, and so special. They also could hurt people… she had seen what that was like. Her parents and a few other relatives didn't help with that, either. However, two of the people she loved most in the world were Gryffindors, and she adored them. She had talked to a few Gryffindors here and they didn't seem to be that bad. Maybe most of them were different to the bad Gryffindors she had seen, and she still wasn't going to prevent innocent first and second years from being given a chance. She had deliberately chosen to talk to this Gryffindor, after all, and this girl seemed nice.

Ruby smiled. “I'd definitely be outside too. At least we can be thankful that it hasn't been too rainy so far.” When answering Alex's question, she gestured to the Slytherin crest on her robes. “That's correct, hence the crest. I see you're a Gryffindor…?”

Ruby Cazares
Strength: 3| Agility: 10| Control: 11| Stamina: 6