Register
Sign in

23 May 2018, 06:27
 Help Us  Forum Suggestions
Suggestion: Would it be possible for a spot below the account information on the left of posts (avatar, post count, house points, etc), which can link to a character's encyclopedia entry?

Perhaps a manual entry form line in the edit profile area, so staff don't have to do each one or work on complex auto-complete scripting etc, where members paste the appropriate link. That way, it can free up signature space and will be a consistent location to find such links per member (as not everyone uses sigs to link to their entries).

Thanks!

Since the new registration system is out, you only have to copy your encyclopedia link on your profile! 

- The Staff

Sebastian Leeds
Sta: 5 | Agi: 8 | Str: 1 | Con: 7 | Arc: 6 | Acc: 8

23 May 2018, 23:02
Sorry that this is my second suggestion, but this just popped into my head.

Suggestion: What if you could go to a page that had a list of all of the people that were online? This would make it so much easier to find someone to RP with, and would let you know who is going to reply to your thread and who isn't.

Again, thank you so much for this website!

"Chocolate omnia constituit"
//Co-Founder of Gobstones Club//Writer//

25 May 2018, 04:23
I've been having a blast on this site! As it continues to grow, though, I've noticed a gender gap that is growing rapidly. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but I could see it being very disappointing for later years when school balls (if there will be any) and possible romances that begin to bloom.

Suggestion 1: Before users sign up, have a report of statistics on wizards v. witches on the site. I just counted by hand, and (with margin of error), there are 518 witches and 252 wizards. I think this would encourage people to consider signing up to help balance out the numbers if they didn't have a strong preference on gender for their character.

We will forward this to the Headmaster! 
-The Staff

Suggestion 2: This might not be allowed for various reasons, but if it gets too outlandish, perhaps people could have two characters - one male and one female? I know there is a rule against multiple accounts, but if a member proves active on one account and gets it well established (say a certain number of posts, active months/years, or points earned), maybe they could earn the privilege of creating a second account? I'm sure this is less feasible since there would probably be homework issues and one count is a lot of work by itself.

Only one account is accepted. 
-The Staff 

STAMINA: 4 | AGILITY: 5 | STRENGTH: 3 | CONTROL: 7 | ARCPOWER: 5 | ACCURACY: 6

25 May 2018, 21:53
I have another suggestion, it sounds kinda stupid but well.

So, I'm a co-founder of a Writing Club, and sometimes the other founder of the club isn't online - normal. But, sometimes when she isn't online, people would apply and I would approve them, but she was the one making the club topic - so I can't edit it.

Would there be a possibility to give someone else permission to edit a post you made and would it be possible to narrow it down to one post - not that you give someone permission to edit everything? I can't really explain things, but well. 

faceclaim: Yvonne Michel |
STA: 3 | AGI: 3 | STR: 5 | CON: 4 | ARCP: 8 | ACC: 7 |

26 May 2018, 21:23
Investment Banking

Is it possible to use the bank as a means of depositing currency, which can be left in an account to gain interest for later withdrawal?

This way, students can get some extra currency, despite certain placements being filled or otherwise being unavailable. Additionally, those Prefect and newspaper (etc) positions could always do the investment banking, too, in order to offset their workload.

That means it's a little fairer, at any rate.

Sebastian Leeds

27 May 2018, 14:17
Could we get the title for the Dueling Club corrected for spelling? It's currently Duelling.

Sebastian Leeds

27 May 2018, 14:25
Sebastian Leeds wrote: Could we get the title for the Dueling Club corrected for spelling? It's currently Duelling.
Duelling is actually the correct spelling. Dueling is the more American spelling and Duelling is the British spelling, so they're both technically correct. 

A.C.
happy, free, confused, and lonely in the best way

27 May 2018, 14:28
Which is fine, but the site and information material (by Sebas) reference the American spelling. So the suggestion would be to match that.

Sebastian Leeds

27 May 2018, 14:48
I know it would probably be a lot of work, but can you please, please, please make it possible that our schoolbooks can be actually read?

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

27 May 2018, 18:03
I have a feeling that would possibly lead to some copyright issues. It’s easiest to google some resources when doing homework. Add as much as you can in your own words about the topic and you should do well. ^^ 

STA - 7 | EVA - 8 | STR - 5 | WIS - 10 +10% | ARC - 8 | ACC - 8
Part-Veela | Gobbledegook