Register
Sign in

22 Apr 2020, 13:29
 Help Us  Forum Suggestions
Gienna Koski wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 15:15 Like in Gmail, could there be an option to star/bookmark owl messages?
Not sure if we can do this (will need to ask the coding expert). However, we do have folders. You can create a folder for those owls and move them to it. That's what I do! ^^

Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects, and discovering other people's weaknesses.
STA: 15 | EVA: 9 | STR: 2 | WIS: 20 | AP: 10 | ACC: 14
Sixth Sense | Evasive Maneuvers | Perfectionist | Poison Resistance

23 Apr 2020, 21:06
Recently, the editor changed the shortcut commands for bold, italics, etc from ctrl+B to alt+B on Windows.

On Mac, it used to be cmd+B - but as far as I can tell, on the new editor there is no way to use the shortcuts (cmd+b opens bookmarks now, but before it used to bold the text) since there's no alt key and the opt key didn't work.

I was wondering whether new Mac shortcuts could be added (like opt+b), or whether cmd+B could still work on Mac like before if there's no alternative, even if it overrides the bookmarks.

23 Apr 2020, 21:15
Jake Morris wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 21:06 Recently, the editor changed the shortcut commands for bold, italics, etc from ctrl+B to alt+B on Windows.

On Mac, it used to be cmd+B - but as far as I can tell, on the new editor there is no way to use the shortcuts (cmd+b opens bookmarks now, but before it used to bold the text) since there's no alt key and the opt key didn't work.

I was wondering whether new Mac shortcuts could be added (like opt+b), or whether cmd+B could still work on Mac like before if there's no alternative, even if it overrides the bookmarks.
Zach removed the old shortcuts because they clash with existing browser shortcuts. You can read up on it here (all of his updates are shared in that thread).

As all the coding of the site is done by him, I am not sure if the shortcuts will be fixed. He does however read this thread, so he'll see your suggestion eventually. Maybe something can be done about this problem.

Cu ochii deschiși.

24 Apr 2020, 03:03
Something I've been meaning to inquire about for a while. Would it be possible to have highlight bot to allow for users to add keywords to a list that notifies them of their use in chat? Similar to skype/slack functions that allowed the designation of notifying keywords. Once added to the server, it's entirely user controlled. Mods wouldn't have to manage keyword lists or anything. One of the more common ones I see used in RP communities is Carl-Bot. Granted, Carl-bot has quite a few other functions which may be cumbersome (despjite being able to just ignore/not use them), but there are a few other bots (like Highlight Bot) that could be used.

Evelynn's Trunk
STA | 10‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ STR | 2‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ EVA | 15‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ WIS | 15‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ARC | 2‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ACC | 12

24 Apr 2020, 06:07
It would be great if, on the homework assignments, we could see the date and time that we handed them in.

“You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes, you may kill me with your hatefulness, but still, like air, I'll rise!”
- Maya Angelou

24 Apr 2020, 10:26
Evelynn Decipio wrote: 24 Apr 2020, 03:03 Something I've been meaning to inquire about for a while. Would it be possible to have highlight bot to allow for users to add keywords to a list that notifies them of their use in chat? Similar to skype/slack functions that allowed the designation of notifying keywords. Once added to the server, it's entirely user controlled. Mods wouldn't have to manage keyword lists or anything. One of the more common ones I see used in RP communities is Carl-Bot. Granted, Carl-bot has quite a few other functions which may be cumbersome (despjite being able to just ignore/not use them), but there are a few other bots (like Highlight Bot) that could be used.
As far as I understand this bot, and please correct me if I'm wrong, it would notify you whenever a word that you predetermined is mentioned by anybody in all the channels you can see. I do see possible issues with harassment or stalking of conversations with this, as it would enable you to always be aware of when, for example, people are discussing their twitch channels, talking about family issues, or mentioning certain games or political topics. We take user protection very seriously.

I will forward this suggestion to the HoH team, as some of them are more familiar with discord bots than I am, and will come back to you once we have discussed the topic.

Cu ochii deschiși.

24 Apr 2020, 13:39
Winterfest - a festival/dance of sorts dedicated to the winter season (much like the blossomball is dedicated to spring), snow related activities/decorations and so on.

Race: Half-Veela | Ability: Lovely Creature
Stamina ᎒ 5 | Evasion ᎒ 7 | Strength ᎒ 2
Wisdom ᎒ 8 | ArcPower ᎒ 9 | Accuracy ᎒ 9

25 Apr 2020, 01:43
We considered a winter, snowball before but it would be close to a Halloween (Oct) followed by NANO and then Christmas/New Year (Dec/Jan), then Valentines which put a lot of stuff close together. Basically it has not been implemented successfully because people were recovering from a recent other near death experience. But always interested in hearing more.

Semi-familiar with the Carl Bot, overall does the same thing as the search function but there are some security risks that may be possible with the Carl Bot because the bot is present in channels a player may not have access to. There might be a means where someone can get to information and conversations that are not intended for them. Is the specific purpose of this bot to be pinged whenever you are mentioned in a chat? (looking to see what can be done with this)

Looking for dates that assignments were sent in -- I am not certain what the goal of this is. Can you elaborate on why this is needed?

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

25 Apr 2020, 06:26
So that you can see when you've put in the assignment and know whether you should just be patient a little longer or whether it's been a while and you should ask the Professor about it

“You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes, you may kill me with your hatefulness, but still, like air, I'll rise!”
- Maya Angelou

29 Apr 2020, 01:14
Recently i have been clarifying about abilities in the discord Hogwarts help I was asking to know more on the perks to decide on the ability I should pick in fourth year. I was asking quite a lot mostly because i didnt clarify much when applying for my Monster Hunter ability in the past (or i did but things changed) and was slightly disappointed upon realising that +2 acc didnt apply on metamorph and seers but also partially asking because for S.W.A.G moderations. Would it be possible if those abilities that currently have no effects (eg. interception, potions prodigal, wand) be taken down from the race/abilities list or at least state that the effects/mechanics are currently in the works? Since I do think it is unfortunate if someone applied for an ability thinking that it would be of use, taking up a precious ability slot and it turns out the contrary.

And regarding this:
Looking for dates that assignments were sent in -- I am not certain what the goal of this is. Can you elaborate on why this is needed?
Since older years usually dont get the points automatically for lower level homeworks, i have faced a few instances where I have forgotten to ask the proffs for points/did not realise that I did not received the points. therefore, the date of when the assignments had been handed in and marked would be helpful to use as proof to claim those points or to track if points were received or not.

──────────────
AURELIA NOTRÉSVACE | new poem! | x
──────────────
“One can never be too careful,”
STM — 5 | EVA — 19 | STR — 5 | WSD — 12 | ARC — 5 | ACC — 9
Lovely Creature — Evasive Manoeuvres — Monster Hunter — Terrible Presence