Register
Sign in

22 Oct 2019, 17:13
 Help Us  Forum Suggestions
All spells have an alternative means of being learned by also graduating for the year. When you graduate, you automatically learn all of the spells. There is also the use of abilities for the learning of spells through roleplay rather than homework for a single class. It is considered a boon by some because they get earlier access to sells but it does come at the expense of a precious ability slot so it would be something that needs to be carefully considered before doing. 

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

23 Oct 2019, 01:31
@Solomon Lear Ah, thanks for enlightening me. I didn't know you can automatically all the spells for the year once you graduate. Did some digging and I found it HERE for anyone that's curious. Little detail must've skipped my mind when I read through it the first time. *facepalm*

In that case, I'm all good with waiting the full year. *thumbs up*

23 Oct 2019, 03:59
Hello hello!

So my character was originally a metamorphgus, which is why they are fond of changing hair colour often. Though when I looked at people’s posts in races I realized there are many metamorphs. So then I decided to look at my second option: Dhampir, because it seemed rare and it would fit my character (I could really go into detail but im not going to), but then I thought of something because I became too lazy to look through everything. 

Perhaps there could be a races list? Like, who’s a dhampir, metamorph, etc.? So instead of going through every page or every bio you could just look at the list!

I’m back. Jay or Deplorable ooc. Owls open for threads.

23 Oct 2019, 04:12
Jane Victoria wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 03:59 Hello hello!

So my character was originally a metamorphgus, which is why they are fond of changing hair colour often. Though when I looked at people’s posts in races I realized there are many metamorphs. So then I decided to look at my second option: Dhampir, because it seemed rare and it would fit my character (I could really go into detail but im not going to), but then I thought of something because I became too lazy to look through everything. 

Perhaps there could be a races list? Like, who’s a dhampir, metamorph, etc.? So instead of going through every page or every bio you could just look at the list!
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone with a race is listed here: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=207&t=6281. Hope that helped!

STA 11 • EVA 13 • STR 7 • WIS 15 • ARC 10 • ACC 15
Sixth Sense • Evasive Maneuvers • Prodigal DADA • Perfectionist • Impartial • Nonverbal Magic

23 Oct 2019, 15:26
Bridget Collins wrote:
Jane Victoria wrote: Hello hello!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone with a race is listed here: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=207&t=6281. Hope that helped!
*facepalms* I didn’t see that

I’m back. Jay or Deplorable ooc. Owls open for threads.

30 Oct 2019, 09:54
@Zachary Winslow

I wanted to propose to display the current "server date/time" somewhere in the footer to help members to understand what is the actual "game time". Also, it would help to understand (especially for the new members) when the house points will be reset and the house winner will be determined.

On a side note, a UX improvement: 
I thought that maybe it would be nice to unhide the "Report Card", but make it non-interactable and display a label with info about when the Report Card would be unlocked.
- how many more posts one would need;
- how much time since the registration left. 
This would help to avoid the same newcomers' questions about when it'll be unlocked.

Meenauh Silmataurea | STA: 7 | EVA: 9 | STR: 2 | WIS: 20 | ARC: 10 | ACC: 11 |

30 Oct 2019, 17:24
We hide report cards because not every student is happy with their grades/able to do as well. While some players have straight O's, others struggle to get average grades. By making them public we risk embarrassing those users.

As for the actual site date and time - we are a 1:1 ratio with real life time. So it would be today. Are you asking for a clock with the present date and time to show up on the site?

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

30 Oct 2019, 19:16
Solomon Lear wrote: We hide report cards because not every student is happy with their grades/able to do as well. While some players have straight O's, others struggle to get average grades. By making them public we risk embarrassing those users.

As for the actual site date and time - we are a 1:1 ratio with real life time. So it would be today. Are you asking for a clock with the present date and time to show up on the site?
I meant the personal access to own report cards and basically what's left to do and how much to wait until report card is unlocked. 

Yes, the actual time to simplify understanding when the house cup ends, for example. Those are just my observations of what people ask a lot. 

Meenauh Silmataurea | STA: 7 | EVA: 9 | STR: 2 | WIS: 20 | ARC: 10 | ACC: 11 |

30 Oct 2019, 19:32
Misunderstood your question! Carry on.

9 Dec 2019, 17:55
Hello, I have few suggestions, mostly to do with UI:

1. Title search filter. In the search application at the bottom-right of the page, there's a part that says "filter according to the author". Could a "filter according to title/subject" as well be added? And maybe add the symbols search to this area too, so we could search the titles for roleplays or games?

2. Remembrall reminder when you can collect scholarships.

3. In the Address Book in the Mobile Version you can only see how many posts someone's made next their names while in the Desktop Version you can see Names, Title, Post #, and Registration Date. Could you add a drop-down menu in Mobile to choose between these options?

4. I was reading through some of the first few suggestions and saw that someone mentioned adding corridors on every floor, and that it had been approved. Was it taken off, and why? I think that was a great idea, so there could be "Fifth Floor Corridors", "Fourth Floor Corridors", and etc.

5. Could there be an area in the Profile Editor or Posting Section where you could add a base for whatever you writing? Like pulling up a draft, maybe, but instead this draft appears anywhere on Hogwarts where you can upload the base for the roleplay or etc. I think a better word for it is a Stylesheet. I think that this would be cool so people won't have to copy & paste or type out their style for what they're about to write. (I can explain more thoroughly if this is a good suggestion)

6. Automatically resize images. I know you can do that for BBCode, if you put:

Code: Select all

[Img=250x250](image url)[/img]
But could there be an option to automatically resize avatar images if they're too big, only?

That's all I have for right now, I hope that these are good enough to be added!

𝐖. 𝐋. 𝐌𝐜𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐝 | Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.