Register
Sign in

4 Feb 2020, 10:22
Kazuo Shimada
───────────────────────
Full Name: Kazuo Shimada - 島田和夫
Read as: 島 - island, 田 - rice field (island rice field)
和 - peace, 夫 - man (harmonious/peaceful man)
House: Hufflepuff
Wand: 27,6 cm acacia wood and wampus cat hair
School Year: 2nd
Patronus: N/A
Species: Human

───────────────────────
───────────────────────

───────────────────────
───────────────────────
Wand
27.6cm
Acacia Wood
Wampus Cat Hair
───────────────────────
───────────────────────
───────────────────────
Acacia wood ~ A very unusual wand wood, which I have found creates tricky wands that often refuse to produce magic for any but their owner, and also withhold their best effects from all but those most gifted. This sensitivity renders them difficult to place, and I keep only a small stock for those witches or wizards of sufficient subtlety, for acacia is not suited to what is commonly known as ‘bangs-and-smells’ magic. When well-matched, an acacia wand matches any for power, though it is often underrated due to the peculiarity of its temperament.
Wampus Cat Hair ~ Wampus hair is notorious for being one of the best wands for mind-based magics, as well as for dark magics. Thus, it has an intimidating reputation which may makes many witches and wizards wary of both possible ownership of said wands or of wampus hair wand owners– that it may take them down a dark path in life.
However, any wand or owner can perform dark magic to accomplish their goals and it is unfair to say that wampus hair owners are any more likely. It is true though that their feats within dark areas of magic may be more successful and potent than other wands– they simply have a lot of power and are less concerned with societal standards of ‘right’ and 'wrong.’
The wampus hair owner does not view the world in dichotomies, but instead perceives the world as shades of gray; they will find the third option, even when under societal pressure. This means they are more willing to use darker magic to achieve their goals than other witches and wizards.
On the other hand, they are more than willing to lay down their own lives for their goals or for the protection of what they deem important as well.
These witches and wizards are intense and capture a room’s attention effortlessly. They drip charisma and power, while giving off an air of unpredictability. Rightfully so, as they fluctuate between emotions and decisions based off feedback from their environment– constantly adapting to the current situation to yield the most favorable outcome.
There is talent in mind-based magics, these people are natural wielders of legilimency. Magic to do with protection is another talent. This includes magic to do with protection of knowledge, of self, and the protection of others.
Their protection magic extends beyond the physical, and can extend into the soul, consciousness, and dreams (such as fending off nightmares or dream invasions).
The elemental composition of wampus hair is dark and air based, with earth as a secondary element.
Black smoke with copper and silver flecks is emitted by this wand when performing spellwork. Its magic smells of cold night air, cat fur,and dried leaves.
Peculiarly, wands with wampus cat hair whistle when the owner is under mental or emotional strain.
History/Background Story
Japanese by descent, Kazuo comes from a pureblood clan, practitioners of onmyodo. The Onmyoji have a long history of duty towards the nation, serving many an Emperor throughout history in the capacity of advisors on all things magical and sometimes more than that. Though time and the rise of technology have relegated them to a forgotten place, remembered only in stories to the average person, the Onmyoji have not forgotten their duty to Nihon. They continue to serve though the roles they take have changed. Shirou Shimada, Kazuo’s father, was placed within the government in an advisory role, eventually leading to his appointment as Ambassador.

Growing up in Japan, with such an important lineage hanging over him, Kazuo was taught at an early age about his family line and their duties to their clan and to their country. It didn’t matter to the clan if you came into the gift or not, all were expected to learn about its history, traditions, and obligations regardless of whether or not they were capable of learning about its magic. Yet, because the Onmyoji did not separate themselves from the rest of society - for how can you serve the people by distancing yourself from them? - Kazuo also grew up in Tokyo, surrounded by the ever-present crush of people and modernity. It was a strange way of life, living in the shadow of two connected worlds, spiritual and physical, yet it was very much the essence of Nihon.

Everything changed for him when his father was given the Ambassadorial promotion. London, they told him. England. A place, they told him, where his overlapping worlds must be kept separate. It was lonely. The culture was very different and the language was baffling. He was not a particularly extroverted child to begin with and only became more withdrawn. He turned to his books, his studies, his hobbies.

One day he was teaching one of the other embassy kids how to make origami birds. While the other kid haphazardly attempted to fold the paper into form, he found himself gazing at the tiny paper cranes and wishing that, like them, he could have wings to fly away from this place that he thought of as a prison. He closed his eyes, imagining real cranes flying as he remembered seeing them back home, an idle daydream that he was snapped out of when the other kid gasped. He opened his eyes to see the tiny paper cranes he had made had been lifted into the air by a rush of wind. They fell to the table and his tutor explained it away as a draft.

Then the letter came.

He did not understand why this English school would invite him to attend and he was wary of it, as with all the things he had been exposed to since coming to London. Yet he was also curious about what knowledge he could gain from these western wizards. How they viewed the world was so very different than what he had been taught, surely their knowledge would give him insight. So, reluctantly, he joined Hogwarts, entering into an overwhelmingly different world.
Last edited by Kazuo Shimada on 3 Jul 2021, 02:54, edited 34 times in total.

Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who I am; my attitude depends on who you are.

21 Oct 2020, 22:30
Kazuo Shimada
Appearance
────────────────────────────
Ethnicity: Japanese
Hair: Black
Eyes: Reddish-brown
Height: 147cm (4’10”)
Weight: 36Kg (80lbs)
Build: Lean athletic

Straight, black hair, fashionably cut, frame a face that was more pretty than handsome with sharp cheekbones and narrow, evenly spaced eyes of reddish-brown - truly a bishounen. If one were to catch sight of him when he is studying alone, they might see a pair of metal-framed glasses perched on his nose, though he does not wear them when he is with other people. He is average in height but underweight, though not unhealthily so.

Fashion Aesthetic: Very conscious of fashion choices and decorum, Kazuo tends to have three main styles of dress, depending on the type of activity he is participating in. For general day-to-day attire, club meetings or other student-related activities where robes aren’t required (or under robes when they are required), Kazuo wears Japanese street fashion, favouring the Harajuku punk styles with colours trending almost uniformly toward black and red. For formal events or anything requiring more formal attire, Kazuo can be seen in either black, custom fitted suits or fine silk kimono of varying complexity. At his most casual - rarely seen outside the dorms unless you catch him jogging in the early morning - Kazuo reverts to joggers and hoodies, the hoodies almost always with a theme of cats or foxes. When required, Kazuo’s outerwear reveals a rather strange obsession with fur-trimmed coats.
May 4th 2009
Flower
Lily-of-the-Valley
The fragrant lily-of-the-valley signifies sweetness, humility, and a return to happiness.

Stone
Emerald
As the birthstone for May, the emerald, a symbol of rebirth, is believed to grant the owner foresight, good fortune, and youth. Emerald, derived from the word “smaragdus,” means, quite literally, “green” in Greek.
Earth Ox
The Ox is an easy going person; they are genuine, faithful and modest. They can however be quite reserved and may appear isolated and detached. On the surface they have a quiet nature but underneath they are very strong-minded and ruthless.

Taurus

Strengths: Reliable, patient, practical, devoted, responsible, stable
Weaknesses: Stubborn, possessive, uncompromising

Blood Type: O
Blood type O is often described as rakkanshugi (楽観主義), or optimistic.
Best traits: Confident, self-determined, optimistic, strong-willed, intuitive
Worst traits: Self-centered, cold, doubtful, unpredictable, “workaholic”

If you're curious about this here's the Wiki!
Characteristics/Personality
Myers-Briggs

INTJ
Introverted - Intuition - Thinking - Judging
Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance - for themselves and others.
Kazuo is almost obsessively dedicated to expanding his knowledge on any and all things that catch his attention. His solitary home life and his father’s penchant for scholarly pursuits have only supported this intellectual obsession. His specific interests currently revolve around magical beasts, human psychology, mythology, and all things magic-related.

He is highly intelligent and extremely curious but introverted and tends to avoid involving himself in large crowds or events. He would rather observe the behaviour of his fellow students from a distance however he is not above entering into social situations in order to provoke or manipulate behaviours for study. When he does choose to interact with others, he is usually unfailingly polite, holding himself to the strict social etiquette instilled in him by his culture and family, though like any child his manners inevitably lapse sometimes.

This upbringing, combined with the legacy of his clan, has made Kazuo somewhat judgmental. Though he seldom voices these thoughts, sometimes it can be seen in the way he looks at others, a slight narrowing of the eyes or a brief sneer to mar his mask of politeness.

While his manners tend to be flawless, Kazuo lacks understanding of how to form genuine bonds with people. His observant nature and interest in psychology give him insight into other people’s relationships but his sheltered upbringing and lack of consistent socialization with other children have impeded his personal skills in this area. Though he is fascinated by people, he has little interest in forming attachments to them.

Despite favouring books, Kazuo gets up early every morning to go jogging around the school before class. As culture was considered very important in his clan, he was also taught calligraphy and the shamisen from a young age. Sometimes he can be found playing the shamisen in quiet corners of the castle, away from the general mob of students. He also keeps a (not very) secret stash of manga in his dorm, his one seemingly childish hobby.
Sushi, especially otoro
Books, especially on folk tales and mythology
Tea
Pocket knives
Lemon tarts
Dislikes
Sweet things
Dogs
Dead fish eyes
Violence, and those who solve their problems with it
Bullies
House elves
Spiders.
And Erin Ryan.
Last edited by Kazuo Shimada on 26 Jul 2021, 23:09, edited 27 times in total.

Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who I am; my attitude depends on who you are.

29 Oct 2020, 03:12
Kazuo Shimada
──────────────────
Shirou Shimada
──────────────────
The current patriarch of the family, Shirou is an approachable sort, formal yet also friendly. It was this generally good-natured and easy-going attitude, paired with the Shimadas' general willingness to work with the nonmagical government, that earned him the promotion to Ambassador. After completing his magical education, Shirou pursued a Political Sciences degree at the University of Tokyo and pursued a career as a political advisor with the Constitutional Democratic Party. His outstanding service and commitment to his ideals won him much respect, even among his opponents in the Liberal Democratic Party. As a father, Shirou is supportive of his son but mostly absent due to the combined responsibilities of clan and job. When he has the opportunity to spend time with his son, it is often in the pursuit of their shared love of learning, visiting bookstores and libraries or engaging in discussions on a broad range of topics. Kazuo looks up to his father and strives to prove himself, hoping to make Shirou proud.
A tigress in a kimono, Kyouko is the sharp-toothed bite behind Shirou's cheerfulness. Matching wits with the beautiful Lady of the Shimada family is an art, her skill at turning words into weapons well recognized among her peers. Where Shirou is the voice of progress, Kyouko holds the keys to the clan's past. Her choice of study - and profession - is in history and mythology. In particular, Kyouko favours the study of mythical creatures, an interest she shared with her son from a young age. Where Kazuo looks up to his father, it is his mother he goes to for advice, especially when it comes to people.
──────────────────
Kyouko Shimada
──────────────────
──────────────────

The Shimada Clan
──────────────────
The records of the Shimada clan date back to the Nara period, though at that time the structure of clans was much different than it is now. Well before the rise in popularity of onmyodo, the Shimada clan had numbered more magically talented members than not and had determined to maintain that legacy for as long as possible. Living in the northern province of Echigo, they were far removed from the politics of court and able to focus on their growing magical legacy without the interference of other clans. As politics changed, so too were the Shimada clan forced to adapt. The rise of the Sengoku period forced the Shimada clan to ally with larger forces, unwilling to turn their power on those without magic. They made an alliance with the growing Uesugi clan, offering their aide in return for protection from the growing unrest and petty land wars. This alliance lasted until the unification, the Tokugawa shogunate ending the squabbles of the daimyo and returning the ruling power to the Emperor. While the Uesugi retained their noble status, the Shimada no longer had need of their protection. Instead, the mystic-minded clan chose to send representatives to the Imperial court in Kyoto, intent on re-establishing the value of their wisdom and their skills with the nobility. This relationship continued into the Meiji Restoration and as a reward for their loyal service, the Shimada clan, among many others, were granted the status of 華族, kazoku, a new order of nobility that would replace both the 公家, kuge, and the 大名, daimyo. Being a smaller clan, their head was given the rank of 伯爵, hakushaku, somewhere in the comfortable middle of the peerage. Unfortunately, the Meiji Restoration also brought about a shunning of the onmyodo path, forcing the Shimada clan to hide the true nature of their lineage behind a facade of politics. The Shimada clan kept close ties with the government, appearing to the public eye to be just another noble family, while continuing to practice their magical legacy in private. While they continued to keep an estate in Echigo Province, now known as Niigata Prefecture, where most of the clan continued to live, they also kept an estate in Tokyo, staying close to the political sphere. When the peerage system was abolished in 1947, the Shimada clan had enough ties to the government to continue to hold sway, a legacy of career politicians ensuring that though the modern day had taken their titles, it would not take their influence, land or wealth.
Reducio
Home.

Kazuo stepped out of the car, stomach fluttering in excitement and apprehension. It had been almost two years since he’d visited the Shimada estate. The move to London, his enrollment at Hogwarts and his parents’ busy schedules had kept the family away from their ancestral home. Though he had been back to Tokyo a few times, it had been harder for his parents to justify a trip up to Niigata Prefecture.

The estate sat on the outskirts of Sekikawa, walking distance from the Takanosu Hot Springs, a convenience he had every intention of taking advantage of over the spring break. Sekikawa sat in the shadow of Mount Kougagisan, a small agricultural town with a slowly dwindling population. It was a lovely place to hide an entire clan of onmyoji.

The usual etiquettes had to be followed of course. Greeting his grandparents, sharing tea and answering the inevitable onslaught of questions about his schooling, and finally being allowed to settle in his room. Collapsing onto his bed, he stared at the artfully decorated panels of his ceiling with a soft smile, contemplating what he would do first. While he was contemplating his options, however, jet lag set in and his planning turned to daydreams then, inevitably, napping.

This is how he was found by one of his only friends in the clan, Yuuto Maeda and rudely awakened by a loud shout. “Kaz!” Kazuo cracked an eye then gave a mock groan.

“You’re still here? I was sure you would have been kicked out of the clan by now.”

“Rude. They can’t kick me out. I…” Yuuto waved an ofuda in Kazuo’s face. “Am officially in training!”

“You? Huh. Miracles really do happen.”

“I see you haven’t changed. Get up. I have a surprise for you.” Yuuto grabbed Kazuo’s arms and tugged him upright. Kazuo sighed and stretched then rose.

“A surprise?” He asked, curiosity roused.

“I remembered, you know. The summer before you left for London.” Yuuto grabbed his hand and led him out of the house.

“The summer before I left…” Kazuo frowned, letting himself be dragged across the estate grounds toward the stables. “When we were talking about going to Zhao to steal a fox?”

“Yep! I went, you know. But I couldn’t steal a fox.” Yuuto’s face fell as he admitted defeat. Kazuo chuckled.

“It wasn’t a very good plan.”

“True. But I really wanted to bring you a fox when you came back. I didn’t think it would be so long, though.” Yuuto admitted with a sigh. “So I decided if I couldn’t steal one, I would try to catch a wild fox.”

“Yuuto that’s…”

“I know.” He interrupted. “Your grandfather caught me and I swear his lecture must have lasted four hours. Then he doubled my chores for a month straight.”

Kazuo snickered. “You’re lucky it was Grandfather and not my mother.”

“Kyouko-san…” Yuuto shuddered. “She probably would have plucked out one of my eyes with her hairpin.”

“That’s a bit of an exaggeration. So you failed to catch a fox. What does that have to do with your surprise?”

“Well, your grandmother also had words for me. She told me that even if I could catch a fox for you, you wouldn’t be allowed to take it with you to your English School. Something about how they don’t allow wild animals. She suggested something different.” Yuuto had led him into the stable, to a quiet corner away from the horses. A small, comfortable nest of old blankets had been piled up in a barricaded corner where a litter of kittens was being housed. “She said you could take one with you if you wanted. I thought…”

Kazuo stared at the mewling pile of fluff, eyes shining with delight. “Kittens?!”

“Yeah but… hang on…” Yuuto carefully moved several of the babies out of the way, lifting up one that was darker in colour than the rest and on the small side. “When I saw him, I thought of you right away. They’re Bengals, you know. But he was the runt and he’s melanistic.” Yuuto handed him the spotted baby Bengal.

Kazuo took the kitten gently and brought it to his chest, laughing as it immediately sank its claws into his shirt and tried to climb him. “I’m not a runt.” He retorted though he had to admit Yuuto was right. The kitten was perfect. A tiny panther squeaking its way up to his shoulder where it draped itself as if it had always belonged there.

~

“What about this one, Kazuo?” Kyouko held up a black collar with a star pattern and a silver moon hanging beside a bell. He nodded, taking the collar and adding it to his armful of supplies. “I believe that is the last thing on your list.” The fuzzy menace squeaked from its new home, curled up in the hood of Kazuo’s shirt. “And he agrees. Have you thought of a name yet?”

Kazuo frowned. “I’ve thought of lots of names but I still don’t know if any of them is the right name.” Kyouko chuckled and ruffled his hair.

“Do you want help?”

“I… Well, I thought of naming him Haru.” Kyouko arched a brow.

“Well, it is spring, I suppose.”

“That’s not-” Kazuo began then huffed. “Nevermind.” Kyouko gave him a gentle smile.

“I know, little fox. Is that what feels right to you?” Kazuo nodded. “Then Haru shall be his name.” Haru let out a fierce squeak of approval and both mother and son laughed. “Let us pay for your things. You’ll need to be back on the train to school soon.”
Last edited by Kazuo Shimada on 3 Jul 2021, 06:33, edited 28 times in total.

18 Nov 2020, 07:23
Kazuo Shimada

Year One
Reducio
Threads
Just A Shadow In a Tree
People watching and hoping for interesting interactions.
The Most Singularly Delightful Discovery
Discovering the library and meeting Jack Burnett
Unboxing!
Dorm Things
The Charms of Literature
Meeting Blaise and Quinton in the Library
On The Hunt
Visiting the lake with Eirian in search of creatures
On Houses and Hats
Approaching the unapproachable Marcus Iwasaki
Did we force ourselves on you, or you on us?
Meeting the shinobi
Temporary Pain
Meeting The Other Brother
Tower of Knowledge
WHO BUILDS A TOWER OUT OF BOOKS?!?
Off To Magical Boarding School
Train ride with Zacharie and Hayden
Late Night Madness
Breaking curfew? How naughty.
Muggles are Human Too!
Miss Paige has caused a scene in the courtyard.
We Want the T.Ruth
Howard and Falantra demand dhampir equality!
Investigative Research - T.Ruth
Hideyoshi comes calling in search of justice
Slyther Mission - T.Ruth
Recruiting the Slythergirls for a mission
The Serenade
Hunting the lion in the worst way possible
Can't Be Too Difficult, Right?
Miss Opeila needs help
The Perils of Self-Betterment
Three Hufflepuffs and a Gryffindor walk into a hallway...
Feisty Badger and Angry Pup
Stalking Bezu
The Aurelian Investigation
Hunting down Alan Vanes
Stories of the People
Mythology and Violet
Practice Makes Perfect
Annoying Knight
Like-Minded and Mark-Binded
Discussions and decisions with Jack
A Social Experiment
Selim spirals ever downward.
Trial By Fear Spectator's Thread
Watching the chaos that is Lestrange and Paine hosting an errand
The Fire Fox
Stalking Ruka
A Proposal
Ouiji-sama is planning something...
Kit's "Counselling"
Interrogating Paine
Petal Power
Watching others act like idiots. Getting flowers for the dorm.
Crowns For Kings and Queens
Flower Crowns with Ruka
It's Just a Scar
An accidental discovery
Evening Talks
Badger Dad is up late
I Despised You First
Running into the Demon Queen in the Owlery
Thirteen's the Charm(er)
Dee's Birthday Party
Hunter Hunted
Puppygirl
First Loss
Waking up in the hospital wing after the first duel
Immaculate Representation
She thinks she's a tricksy witchy.
Events/Errands
Flag Decorating Errand
Made a flag for the Muggle Studies Professor.
The Way Is Shut
The Hufflepuff Lockdown
A Winter's Ball
Anastasia -too many middle names- Beckett's Fancy Pureblood Party
Hogwarts on Ice
Badgers and Snakes (and one lone Raven) play muggle sports for the entertainment of Ani-kitsune. What could possibly go wrong?
Operation Secret Santa
More crafting, this time it's a gift.
Sinterklaas
Some sort of mysterious western tradition? EVIL LEAR SANTA
Light it Up! (Up! Up!)
I'm on fire!
Snow Foxes
Do You Want To Build A Snowman Errand
Sweet Dreams, Fellow Insomniacs
Let us see if we can get Akuma-senpai some sleep.
Valentine Date of Disaster
A date with not one, but two sour-faced snakes.
Flobberfest
This was absolutely disgusting. I am never touching a flobberworm ever again.
Hometown Show & Tell
Another Errand for Professor Scary Boots
Dance of the Bushpeople Errand
Weird celebration of spring involving children turning into plant people.
TLC - Tender Library Care
Helping Finley-senpai repair books the non-magical way
Spring of Sweetness, Softness and Stickiness
Hanami - dango making thread
Like Riding a What now?
Learning to ride a bike. SomethingsomethingIamnotaspoiledpurebloodscrewyouJack.
The Blossom Ball - Spring Celebration
The Infamous Blossom Ball
Faux Flowers
Digging holes for the groundskeeper
Clubs
Club Recruiting
Recruitment
Mystical Beasts Club First Meeting
Mystical Beasts Club
Asian Society Meeting, The First
Asian Society Club Meeting
P.U.R.E. Club Ball
Miller's attempt at showing the value of pureblood tradition
Relaunch of the Mystical Creatures Club
Cade and Eirian have taken over the club and are restarting it
Right on Target
First meeting of the Hogwarts Archery Club
Aspirants Assemble
First meeting of the League of Aspirant Animagi
Letters
Letters - Winter Break
Letters to Mom
Letters - Faustian Troubles
Assistance Required
Solos
Solitude
A birthday alone
Duelling
Duel Stage 3 - Group E: Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff
Willow and I versus Galton and Meenauh
Luka Volkov's Threads
Arrival Thread
Luka arrives at Hogwarts for the Blossom Ball
The Blossom Ball - Underworld
The Infamouse Hogwarts Blossom Ball

Summer Holidays 2021
Reducio
Summer Holidays
Onaji Kama no Meshi o Kuu
Welcome home, aniki
Senbonzakura - Flowers in Full Bloom
Tokyo Trip!
Train Fumes
Running into Opeila on the train
Summer Camp
Augurey Cabin
Welcome to Summer Camp - Kazuo
Hippogriff Cabin
Welcome to Summer Camp - Luka
Birthday Blues - Kazuo
Ruka's Birthday
Lake Party - Kazuo
Swimming!
Truth or Dare
Kazuo's Truth or Dare game
Campfire Sing Along
Kazuo's sing along
The Other Other Brother
Kazuo meets Aleksandar
Last edited by Kazuo Shimada on 10 Aug 2021, 23:24, edited 50 times in total.

2 Dec 2020, 00:23
Kazuo Shimada
Cade Darkbound
I met him briefly in the fall when we both joined the Mystical Creatures Club though after the club stalled I haven't really seen much of him. He seems interesting. Hopefully, he and Eirian will get the club restarted soon.
Dealla Prince
I've met her twice now. The first time was just in passing when I went to see Ruka at the hospital after his duel. We were on the same team during Ruka's hockey game in December. She's very competitive but also a clever tactician. Interesting.
She's earned my respect. Clever, interesting, with a bit of chaos in her.
Jorrah Mousa
"Discrimination is wrong and bad. There needs to be a stronger word for discrimination, like bad wrong, or badong. Yes, discrimination is badong." - Blueberry Braveheart -
Aurora Ranvier
An absolute whirlwind of chaos. Absolute joy to watch.
Winnie Harper
Met her briefly at the Ball where she acted quite outrageously. She is obsessed with Jack and Ruka for some strange reason. I admit it is quite creepy the way she fixates on them. She doesn't seem to understand the concept of personal space, either, if her sniffing of Jack and exchange with Ruka is any indicator.
Pericles Dralt
Leader of the League of Aspirant Animagi. I remember seeing him briefly at the Beckett Gala but hadn't really met him until the first club meeting. He seems like an interesting person, someone I think I could admire for the way he seems to chase knowledge.
Last edited by Kazuo Shimada on 27 Jul 2021, 01:23, edited 13 times in total.

31 Dec 2020, 02:46
Kazuo Shimada
Quinton Lee
I met him in the library along with a Hufflepuff by the name of Blaise. Showed them the section on jinxes, Hexes and Curses. Haven't seen him since.
Romah Niobey
The original creator of the Mystical Beasts Club. It seems she's gone missing. Perhaps her parents pulled her from the school?
Ruka Tan-Burnett - キツネ兄弟
Ruka is interesting. He's a third year. Jack calls him brother even though they aren't related. To look at them you could believe it. They could be twins. I joined his hockey game. It was a lot of fun.
I've gotten to know him a lot better since he returned after spring break. Ruka is a fascinating mix of intelligence and impulsiveness. He seems to have issues with personal space and touch. I find it very relatable. I've been trying to help him with it and I think he's grown close to me because of it. Ruka worries a lot about keeping the people he cares about safe. I suspect I may become a problem for him with my continued attempts to investigate the mysteries.
Harahara chuuuu~
Akari Kato
I met her while recruiting for my club. She seems nice. She's Japanese but she was born here in England so she doesn't know much about Japanese culture.
Jackson "Hideyoshi" Valentine
Big ideals. Narrow focus. Too straightforward, seems to miss the subtler things. Seems like the sort to stubbornly pursue whatever wrong he thinks needs righting.
Scarlett Aden
"A cold voice drifted over and Scarlett narrowed her eyes at Outfit-Stealer, Dance-Criticiser, Amortentia-Boy and Egocentrical-Brat."
Aden is quite a tempermental girl. Doesn't seem to care much about her actions and how they affect others, even when it is pointed out to her.
Last edited by Kazuo Shimada on 26 Jul 2021, 23:57, edited 17 times in total.

31 Dec 2020, 02:47
Kazuo Shimada
Jack Burnett
Fascinating. Can someone truly distance themselves so completely from their emotions as to become unwoundable? Doubtful. We are not compartmentalized beings as much as Burnett seems to be trying to be. I suspect his quest to keep distance and not build bonds is destined to fail. Emotions are not so easily corraled as he wants to believe.
Perapera~
Hanako Tone
A lost boy, caught up in the usual trials of childhood. The desire to be accepted at war with the desire to be true to yourself. Hana-senpai, so mean~ What are you hiding behind your mask of venom?
Eirian Blake
Talkative snake. Shared interest in hunting for magical creatures.
Aaron Hastings
So. Loud. -_-b
Sapphire Riddle
She seems really interesting. Too bad our conversation was rudely interrupted.
Katie Palsorette
Talks big. Makes a fool of herself. Pretty useless.
Selim Faust
Akuma-senpai is fascinating but I fear very much for his sanity. There is so much wrong here but I struggle to get to the bottom of it all. I will do what I can with what I have.
Mom and Dad managed to arrange something. We've adopted Selim. I can only hope that a stable home will help ease some of his distress and allow him a chance to recover.
Flash Holmwood
Reserved. He seems to wear a mask of politeness, of expected behaviour, much like I do. I wonder who he is underneath?
Though it was awful to see, I must admit a sort of clinical fascination with how he reacted to Selim in the basement. I am curious to know how he has handled what happened to him. Yet hesitant to approach. I am unsure of how he feels about my presence that day... and my inability to stop Selim.
Percival Gray
What motivates a pureblood to play muggle sports? He seems too stuck up for such antics...
Thomas LeStrange
Actual hockey player. Seems a bit sadistic and calculating. Interesting.
Opeila (Seilun) Winters
Played hockey with her. She seems a bit insecure. We also went ice skating again after the game. She seems nice, but maybe a bit naive? Ran into her again on the train to summer camp. Seems she and Jack are friends-off or something?
Ileen Knight
Played hockey with her. Competitive, especially with Dealla. Frenemies? Hypocrite with an attitude problem. Likes to blame anyone or anything she can when things don't go her way.
Henry Knight
All the wrong kind of ambition, it seems. Will do anything to win, including cheating, even when it is unnecessary to do so. What demons drive him?
Michael Miller
A truly lost puppy. I am surprised that this cowering pup ended up in the House of Snakes. He does not seem to have ambition, nor cunning and he definitely doesn't show leadership potential.
So many scars, I can't help but wonder what happened to him. It seems there may be a deeper reason for his cowardly ways.
Percival Rainwood
Pureblood with all the attitude of a spoiled brat? Yet it seems to me that there is more to this sullen boy than how he acts. I think I would like to get to know him better.
Jennifer King
Purist Princess. Appears to parrot the obnoxious narcissistic attitudes of her pureblood parents. Seems to lack any genuine arguments for her beliefs. Predictable and boring.
Erin Ryan
What to say about her? She's... tall. Scary. And an idiot. Truly, if you want something destroyed, point her at your target. But don't expect tactical thought. Or rational thought for that matter.
Honestly, Erin scares me but not because of her strength. I am wary of her but whatever strangeness she is going through is what is truly terrifying. She is losing herself and I can only imagine how awful that must be. I suppose this must be pity? I doubt she would appreciate my pity, though. I wonder what she will be? Is she really becoming a hag? Is that even possible? Will she even remember who she was before she was cursed?
Violet Carrington
We met in the library and discussed Irish mythology. It was quite interesting and I was quite happy to find someone else interested in such topics. I hope we will get to speak more in the future. I understand that she is a pure blood.

Last edited by Kazuo Shimada on 27 Jul 2021, 01:06, edited 17 times in total.

31 Dec 2020, 02:47
Kazuo Shimada

Jake Morris
Scamander dorm mate. Sweet kid. Pretty sheltered. He's a year ahead of me but you wouldn't know it with the way he acts. It's really quite a feat for him to be able to stay so innocent and sheltered despite everything that is going on. Though I know it can't last,
Willow Anderson
Hufflepuff Mascot. Rainbows and sunshine. She's nice but I can't help but think she's a bit naive. We are dueling partners now and I must admit I think we make a good team. I was disappointed that we lost but am glad to be able to work with her again in the coming year.
Lydia Cooper
Played hockey with her and we're on the dueling team together. She seems interesting. Competitive.
Heinrich Bezuidenhout
Okami. Very passionate about his sister. Crybaby.
Howard White
I like Howard. He's cool. Dhampir. I wish I could do more to help him but I don't really know if there's anything I can do. Whatever the case, I will have his back if he ever needs it.
May Moonstar
She seems to dislike me. I'm not sure why. Left for Ilvermorny.
Enid Smith
Joined the ASC.
Eden Gardener
Scamander Dorm mate. He's kind of a sour apple. I thought I was upset at being put in the Badger Den. He's downright hostile.
Maria Dee
I met Maria at Cespedes-sensei's weird nature errand. She found me hiding in the branches of a tree and now I am the Lorax. She knows Tolkein, very cool. We're also on the dueling team together. I like talking to her, she knows about normal things, not just magical things, like musical bands I've never heard of.
Dakota Olson
I've run into her twice now. Once in the hospital wing after my duel and again later in the Common Room when I'd been talking to Browne-sensei.
Last edited by Kazuo Shimada on 27 Jul 2021, 01:57, edited 13 times in total.

31 Dec 2020, 04:00
Kazuo Shimada
───────────────────────
───────────────────────
Marcus Iwasaki
A most intimidating figure. Yet also interesting. It's a shame I am not part of his House. I am very curious about him.
Kelsey Brumby
"Howdy doody, stranger!" He said, a tiny bit too loud. "Master of sleepovers, nocturnal nanny, space daddy? What's up?"
Sir, you have earned my respect.
Leondardo Chiadovini
"Space Daddy DaVinci"
Kit Paine
Meddler Extraordinaire. Metamorph. Weirdo. He makes me want to kick him in the shin.
Last edited by Kazuo Shimada on 26 May 2021, 03:28, edited 8 times in total.

15 Jan 2021, 08:13
Kazuo Shimada
Insert people from other schools here
Temporary Checklist
  • Yefim
  • Charles
  • Cassie
  • Milo
  • Ale
Last edited by Kazuo Shimada on 27 Jul 2021, 02:08, edited 15 times in total.