Year:
First Year

2. End of Wizardry

"Can I go now?"
-Meno Arrington

24 Mar 2018, 17:12
Meno Arrington, First Year Slytherin
3. History

An account discussing the observed history of the Arrington Family.

After a visit to the Arrington household, I found the residents to be quite pleasant, but very peculiar in their mannerisms. The father, Charles Arrington was very welcoming, and shook my hand warmly upon arrival. We took a seat on the sofa, and I was handed tea. Mr. Arrington informed me that he held a job at Lloyd's Bank in Nottingham. While he was discussing his employment, I took time to note all of his features. Mr. Arrington had a very generic face, one could say it was handsome, but it certainly didn't stand out in any way. He wore slippers and a white shirt. A typical family man, loving, yet showed no signs of being unique.

One thing I did take note of however, was the abundance of hair. Cat hair. It lay thickly on Mr. Arrington's shirt, and coated the sofa I sat on. That is when I noticed Alice Arrington, the mother. She had appeared from the kitchen and padded over to take a seat next to her husband. Mrs. Arrington held a cat in her arms, she was stroking his head softly when she introduced herself to me. She was most definitely the source of magic in the household, as she was the complete opposite of her husband. Mrs. Arrington was skinny, with fiery orange hair, greying at the roots. She donned a green wool sweater with animal patterns woven between the threads. Mrs. Arrington loved her cats, treated them like children. Without thinking, I asked how many cats the family owned, and the reply was nothing less than twenty-three.

Mrs. Arrington graduated Hogwarts with a reputation. In school, she was called "Catwoman," and she wore the title proudly. How Mr. and Mrs. Arrington meant is beyond me. A little taken aback, I asked to meet their son, Meno Arrington. The couple called for him from upstairs. The shout was meant by several pairs of footsteps, one pair heavier than the rest.

A skinny boy with pale skin and large glasses walked carefully down the stairs, his hand on the railing. He was followed by four felines, all running full speed, almost tripping the lad on the way down.

The mother cheerfully greeted all of the new arrivals by name. Meno, Fluffy, Whiskers, Socks, and Mr. Marshmallow if I remember correctly. Meno Arrington sat on a separate couch silently, twiddling his thumbs. After talking with the family, I learned that Meno was the only (human) child in the household. He was born in London, but Mr. Arrington had insisted they moved to Nottingham after Meno had an incident at school. I asked the child about it, but both him and the family fell into an uncomfortable silence about the topic.

I changed the subject and inquired about the magic blood in the family, Mrs. Arrington and her son. Mr. Arrington was well aware of magic, and wizards, and Hogwarts and such. He didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that his wife and son were living in a different world (metaphorically of course) he also didn't mind the...cats.

An interesting family indeed. I felt welcome but was glad to leave, it took my days to wash the cat hair from my pants. I'll be looking forward to Meno's presence at Hogwarts. He has potential, hopefully the cats don't come with him.

End of the account.

3. End of History

"Can I go now?"
-Meno Arrington