Register
Sign in
24 Jun 2019, 13:04
 Errand  Summer Chores for Money  Closed 
As the term ended and the holidays, students started to pack up and go home. The staff almost celebrated. The Summer Holidays meant that they got time off too. All of the staff started to pack up and go home, including the house elves. Unfortunately, some students chose to stay behind. Summer activities were set up for the students. A few Professors and staff were forced to stay too.

Professor Jensen decided to put up a request to get some volunteers. These students were able to help out with some of the chores. They would be compensated for this. These tasks took no more than an hour or two, especially if they worked together. The tasks rotate but students were welcome to do any that they wanted to do.

Students are permitted to do any of the following tasks:

1. Wash the dishes post breakfast, lunch or dinner
Multiple 'Sinks' (buckets with soapy water) will be set up to allow for dishes to be washed after each meal as there would be a number of dishes, cutlery and glasses to wash.

2. Recycling and removing litter
Students were messy. They littered everywhere. Black bin bags were provided, as well as recycling bin bags, to remove the rubbish left around the grounds. Litter can hurt the animals so needed to be removed daily.

3. Mopping and Cleaning the Cabins
Mopping the floors and cleaning the cabins on the boat that the students stay in. Mops, buckets, cloths, sprays are all provided. You can also clean the corridors, make the beds, dust the rooms.

4. Ground Maintenance 
Gloves and equipment is provided to do minor ground maintenance. This could be pulling weeds, doing minor maintenance on the Quidditch Pitch, near the lake bed. 

5. Gardening
Water the plants. Plant new flowers around the lake or greenhouse. Collect the various fruits and vegetables grown in the garden patches that could be used in the cooking. Gloves, gardening tools and equipment would be provided within reason. 

6. Lakeside Clean Up
The lakeside was left a mess after the Blossomfest. It was not properly cleaned and needed another do over. There was empty cups, pizza boxes, food containers around, for example. As the lake was used in the summer holidays too, the mess would continue. Students were asked to regularly clean around the lake to ensure that none of the litter ended up in the water.

All of the threads must be in the "Campgrounds". Students can choose to do these tasks by themselves or in groups, if they wish to. You can choose any task to help with.

You may use spells that you know to help you with these errands. Non-magical methods have been provided if you need them.

You may do this errand once a month. However, the word count must be reached in a single month to be rewarded. Months will always be '1st of the month till the end of the month' by GMT time. It doesn't matter when you start it, you will only have till the end of the month to complete it.

You can only earn 10 sickles a month, maximum (regardless of how many 'money' reward errands you do).

Prerequisite: None, open to all.
Word Count Requirement: 1000 Words, can be done as smaller posts of 200 words each.
Group Type: Any, you can do a solo thread or a group thread. Reward will only be given to those who've met the word count within any one month.
Reward: 10 Sickles on completion.
To Take Part / Claim Your Reward:
Once you've completed your word count, you must post in this thread to claim their reward. Use the following form to do so:
ERRAND COMPLETED
Name:
[Your character's name]
Thread: [Thread Title + Link]
Month Completed in: [June, July, August. The full 1000 words MUST be within that month]
If you break your posts down into multiple separate posts, please keep a tracker on the bottom of how many words you've done for ease of moderation. 

Remember: Formatting, OOC words, quoting other people or using other people's words (including other characters' spoken words, song lyrics, quotes etc) do NOT count to your total word count.

Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects, and discovering other people's weaknesses.
STA: 15 | EVA: 9 | STR: 2 | WIS: 20 | AP: 10 | ACC: 14
Sixth Sense | Evasive Maneuvers | Perfectionist | Poison Resistance
24 Jun 2019, 13:04
FAQS ---

How much money can I earn doing errands?

You can earn a maximum of 10 sickles in one calendar month. This is from the 1st of the month till the end of the month. I.E. 1st July - 31st July, your posts must add up to at least 1000 words to count.

Can I do this errand more than once a month?
No. You can only complete it ONCE every calendar month.

Do I need to create a new thread every time I do this errand? 
I.E. If you complete it in July and want to do it again in August.
Yes. You should complete old errand threads and start a new one.

Can I reuse the same words? So if I do 500 words in July, but don't complete the errand, can I copy and paste those in August and reuse them?
No. You must do 1000 NEW words in the month to be rewarded. The standard Word Count rules apply - you cannot use other people's words, quotes, song lyrics, etc or OOC words to count. Only your own IC new words will count.

If I do 800 words between 1st July to 31st July and then I do another 200 in August, will I be able to claim the reward?
No. You must complete 1000 words in ONE calendar month. Even if you did 800 in July, you will have to do 1000 NEW words in August to claim this. On the 1st of each month, the word count 'restarts' back from 0. I'll only count words within the calendar month for the reward.

If I do 1108 words in July and claim the reward, can I create a new thread and do another 1000 in August?
Yes. You can claim this reward once every month, as long as you hit the 1000 words each time.

I'm not taking part in the Summer Camp, can I still do this errand?
Sure! Just go ahead and add an 'IC Date' at the top of your thread. In character, you can say that you're doing this errand just before you go back home for the summer or at the start of the new year. 

Out of Character, your posts will only be counted in each real time calendar month. But you're welcome to use an IC date you like.

I still have questions, what do I do?
Reply below with your questions, owl me or message me on discord. 

Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects, and discovering other people's weaknesses.
STA: 15 | EVA: 9 | STR: 2 | WIS: 20 | AP: 10 | ACC: 14
Sixth Sense | Evasive Maneuvers | Perfectionist | Poison Resistance
25 Jun 2019, 23:18
ERRAND COMPLETED
Name: River Dewlight
Thread: Let’s Clean, and Think...
Month Completed in: June
WC: 1085
Last edited by River Dewlight on 30 Jul 2019, 02:42, edited 1 time in total.

Curiosity Killed the Cat
| STA: 7 | EVA: 6 | STR: 4 | WIS: 10 | ARC: 6 | ACC: 7 | Dhampir & Perfectionist
28 Jun 2019, 01:57
ERRAND COMPLETED
Name: Katrina Walker
Thread: Gardening for Money (https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=238&t=6743)

>Stats: Sta 9, Evas 8, Str 3, Wis 11, ArcP 9, Acc 6<
>Healing Sage | Perfectionist | Charmer || Leader of SHC| Owner of The Kat Shop<
28 Jun 2019, 20:09
ERRAND COMPLETE
Thread : Sprucing the Place Up

Total Word Counts
@Maggie Parker : 1221
@Mac Murphy : 1284
Tatiana Crane : 2019

Month Completed : June

Last edited by Tatiana Crane on 30 Jun 2019, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

Tatiana Isadore Crane : Perfectionist, Components
Stamina : 6 | Evasion : 4 | Strength : 4 | Wisdom : 9 | Arcane Power : 9 | Accuracy : 8
30 Jun 2019, 03:02
ERRAND COMPLETED
Name: Bridget Collins
Thread: Work in the Kitchen
Word Count: 1773
Last edited by Bridget Collins on 26 Jul 2019, 18:22, edited 2 times in total.

STA 11 • EVA 13 • STR 7 • WIS 15 • ARC 10 • ACC 15
Sixth Sense • Evasive Maneuvers • Prodigal DADA • Perfectionist • Impartial • Nonverbal Magic
30 Jun 2019, 08:56
ERRAND COMPLETE
Thread: Dirt, Dirt, & More Dirt

Total Word Counts
@Lallie Luna: 2148
Ziba Soames: 2062

Month Completed: June
30 Jun 2019, 19:32
ERRAND COMPLETED
Name: Griseldis Edelhardt
Thread: A Green Thumb's Gratitude

Stamina: 11 | Evasion: 10 | Strength: 10 | Wisdom: 5 | Arcane Power: 7 | Accuracy: 12
Fearless|Martial Artist|Evasive Maneuvers|Obnoxiously Strong
30 Jun 2019, 21:00
ERRAND COMPLETED
Name:
Ruby Cazares
Thread: Thinking and Cleaning

Stamina: 9 | Evasion: 11 | Strength: 5 | Wisdom: 14 | ArcPower: 11 | Accuracy: 15
Perfectionist I & II, Fearless, Spell Spread, Nonverbal Magic
30 Jun 2019, 21:03
ERRAND COMPLETED
Name: Landon Storm
Thread: Easy Coins
Word Count: 1106

A Seer and a Perfectionist
Stamina 7 | Evasion 4 | Strength 1 | Wisdom 6 | Arcane 9 | Accuracy 8