Register
Sign in
11 Jul 2019, 18:12
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f ... 20#p102220
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Metamorphmagus
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
In the summertime, Nanashi came to find upon something. He was with his dad up on vacation, but without him knowing it was also back to his home town. He had already forgotten about it as it was just a black blur for him that far. "Hmm..." He muttered softly as he kicked a rock. His father said it would only take a moment, but even he knew it wasn't. Yet his vision on this world... Filled with muggles, was different then it was before. His eyes scanned the area around him... before he would start to shift around to the swings. While swinging he would wait, his dad surely did take a long time. Eventually, the dad did peek out of the shop wave at him and mention 5 more minutes... But those minutes even soon passed by, till the point that Nanashi started to roam around the place. He found a track he remembered, he followed it and found himself towards an old and forgotten tree hut. He climbed the thing and walked inside. Something felt... familiar about this whole hut.

He let his hand run across the table that stood in there, some play cards still on top. It was that his fingers hit on a stump inside that he looked closer. Two names were engraved into the side, yet they were hard to read as it was half washed out. "Wow... What does this... say...?" He started to read the letters, barely making it out. "N-a-s-h-i & N-i-p-a..." He frowned, was that really what stood there. He stood a spin around his own axel before standing there again. "Nanashi and Niipha!" He shouted out and made a small yet happy jump. "Niipha, how could I forget that name... Wait... so this was our hut?" He looked around, was there more he had maybe forgotten. Without really knowing it, he had a tail waggling around behind him. He was overjoyed that he found this. But that same tail betrayed his real feelings. Once his dad came up the stairs, creeking the way up. Those creeks gave Nanashi a scare and as he stood there, looking at his dads widened eyes. "Nanashi... Get here." THe once waggling tail was now hanging between his legs. "D-did I do something wrong?" The boy asked and got to his dad who would look at the boy. "What did you do?"  And with that, they went back instantly towards their home in the magic world. "What do you mean?" Nanashi asked and turned around, the tail no more there. "You had..." The dad cut off his own words before running a hand through his hairs. Something wasn't adding up... He was playing tricks to himself. "No... it is clear.." The words of his father only confused Nanashi more.

Nanashi followed his dad into the library where he sat down beside his dad, his old habit back to signing towards his dad, that even the father knew he had made a mistake. "It is fine Nanashi..." he would say, but knowing he had to explain. "I hoped this would have skipped a generation in our family line... But seems as it didn't." The words weren't exactly clear to the boy, but he would tilt his head wanting to know more about it. "What you did... Is something called Metamorphmagus. Have you heard of them at your school?" The boy would nod softly as he would sit better, even though he had heard of it, he wished to hear it from his father. But instead of hearing about it. He was displaying it. He changed his hair color from raven black to white, almost the same color as Nanashi. "W-a..." The sound only left the small boys throat.  Even he was confused by what was happening. "We are Metamorphmagus, we can change parts or even our whole self. I kept this hidden for you, for all these years. I am sorry about that Nanashi, but I wanted to spare you the shame I went through once I was learning this. My family... wasn't that kind to me when I learned and kept stumbling with it, even took pranks out of it. Till the part so far, once I talk about my family, they are no longer there. Even if you are a full blood magician, you are a Metamorphmagus... And... If it helps you, I will help you with it." It took a heavy weight off the man's shoulders saying that. Nanashi knew his dad and knew this wasn't something small. He nodded and would hug his father. Now, this... would turn out to be interesting. "Once you were little... you always had this too, changing the small parts and tiny bits. I just hoped... you never thought much after, luckily for me. You never did... But right now you are at the age... that we cannot hide this..." Sadness sounded in the man's voice. "Let us hope that... you do not get the same fate as me."

WC: 843 / 500
Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: 
Stamina: 6
Strength: 5
Evasion: 7
Wisdom: 4
Arcana Power:6
Accuracy: 7  
Total: 35

❝▶ the moments, ❙❙ the memories, ∎ the pain and ↺ the happiness. ❞
11 Jul 2019, 21:30
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Aideen Ryan
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Werewolf
Describe why this fits your character:
Reducio
It was a year before her letter from Hogwarts. It was the week that was burned into Aideen's memory so clearly. She had been invited to go on a trip to Scotland with her very close friend. He was a much richer boy named Connar Foer, and his family were secretly witches and wizards. Of course, it pained Connar greatly to keep it hidden, and he would not have to do that for much longer. Aideens parents hesitantly let her go, for it was hard for them to realize that she was growing up.

They were on a hike through a thick woodland when the family +1 came across a man. The man that would change her life forever.

He was shockingly thin. His eyes were bloodshot and he had strange patterns of scars on his arms. Strangest of all, the man was tied securely by a thick iron chain to a rather large tree. Connar's mother quickly unbound him and led him back to the place they were staying, apparently deaf to his cries to tie him back up or at least let him loose into the forest again. However, he eagerly ate all that was set in front of him that night, but perhaps that was just a way for him to avoid all the questions they kept asking him.

That night, Aideen woke with a shriek. She had always been fascinated with wolves, and would strongly disagree with anyone who said they were mindless killers. But standing in front of her was a wolfish beast that could only be described as savage. His eyes were pools of darkness as he lunged at her throat. Aideen had time to think Well, that went well, and then pain like nothing else in the world tore through her body. The werewolf had missed her throat but now had his teeth sunk into her arm. She rolled off the bed and under it. There was a horrible, eternal moment when she was falling and still latched in his jaws, being torn in two, and then it was over.

The werewolf snapped and lunged, but he was unable to figure out how to reach her. Just then, a horrified Connar and Family burst into the door. Those who had graduated were skilled wizards as well as greatly outnumbering their foe, and they managed to knock him out. All in the room held their breath as Ms. Foer looked under the bed and slowly pulled out a very pale and unconscious girl who was tightly curled into a ball. Quickly and skillfully she sealed the wound, but she could not reverse the effect of the bite.

Aideen was a werewolf.

A year later, Aideen sat with an opened envelope in her hands. She lightly ran a finger over the seal. Was it possible for a person like her to go to Hogwarts? It would be kept a secret, of course. The Headmaster was okay with it. Her parents were (for the most part) okay with it. But what if I hurt somebody? And if, when, my friends do find out... who could love someone like me? But it was also the opportunity of a lifetime. And she had to put her family first. If she learned magic, she could help them. Aideen stood up. She had made a decision. (556 WORDS)

Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: This will serve as your change/update to your stats as well.
Stamina: 4
Evasion: 6
Strength: 2
Wisdom: 8
Arcane Power: 6
Accuracy: 4

Better to die young than to never have lived
Aideen Ryan
11 Jul 2019, 21:52
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here it is!
Ability I'm applying for: Charmer

Reducio
Jenna Laurens was always told how attractive she was. This started at a very young age. She often used this fact to get what she wanted (gifts, money, love, etc.). Later in life, she would use her looks to get the attention of multiple guys, even if she already had a boyfriend/husband. Johnathon Maple wasn't as attractive as Jenna, but he was handsome enough that girls were often interested in him. Unlike Jenna, he did not use his looks to his advantage. Instead, he worked very hard, doing well at school, getting a well-paying job, and supporting his family.

Together, Jenna and Johnathon, Sylvie's parents, made a very good looking couple. Two years after they got married, they had a baby girl who was just as, if not more, beautiful than her mother. Her name was Sylvie, and she looked almost exactly like her mother. The main difference between them was that Sylvie had her fathers lime green eyes. This was not a common trait where they lived, so this made her stand out from the crowd. At some point her mother made her try modeling out. The only problem was Sylvie may have been very cute, but she also had quite the temper. It became clear that she hated modeling from a very young age.

When she turned five, Sylvie went to an English public school. It was a pretty big school, yet she seemed to stand out from the crowd. About a dozen boys developed crushes on her. If they ever confessed they were turned down because, unfortunately for them, Sylvie was attracted to girls. She found all the attention from boys annoying. She just wanted to play tag with them on the field.

Unlike her mother, Sylvie didn't use her looks to manipulate people, well, not consciously. She would use them to get kids and adults to give her toys to play with. She would make a sad puppy dog face until she got her way. This was very effective and almost always worked. As she grew up, she realized that using her looks like that wasn't right, so she stopped. She also realized that it was a bit like what her mother would do, which made her even more eager to stop.

At age 11 (First year at Hogwarts) she had long blonde hair, a very cute face, and a small body. Her face mixed with her body made her look very cute. She also had a pretty high pitched voice. Back at her old school, her friends would tease her because of this fact, which would make Sylvie angry. She hoped it wouldn't continue at Hogwarts.

(Word Count: 442)
Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: This will serve as your change/update to your stats as well.
Stamina: 8

Evasion:  9

Strength: 4

Wisdom: 5

Arcane Power: 7

Accuracy: 7

"I'll keep all my emotions right here, and then one day I'll die." -John Mulaney
12 Jul 2019, 18:03
First Year:
Reducio
Ability: Terrible Presence (Approved)

Second Year:

Link to your encyclopedia thread: Arc Perscivious Encyclopedia
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Lovely Creature
Describe why this fits your character:
Markus Zenith Perscivious, the supposed heir of the Perscivious family was a very handsome man. Even without his wealth, wit, or boundless energy, he could get any shallow girl out there with a wink. Even a half-wink would be enough. Setia Amorilla, a muggle woman from a long line of academician, was unbelievably pretty. She was very magical for someone with no magic. It was not for their attractiveness that they fell in love to each other -even though it helped-, but they got happily married nonetheless. So, when they got three beautiful babies from their marriage, no one batted an eye. It was only natural. It would even be weird otherwise.

Even among his siblings, though, Arc Perscivious did stand out. It was true that the kind boy was scary and had this weird terrible presence haunting him from time to time, but it was also undeniable that he was attractive. Like really attractive. Even his peers who were scared of him and always parted like the red ocean that met Moses, couldn’t help not to take a peek or steal a glance at him. In fact, every class that the kid had joined always lost at least five points on their average score. He was the bane of all overachievers, students and teachers alike. Arc was just that distracting. They would ponder at his pretty face for a second before they felt his shadow move or something. And they would look away with a terrible chill in their neck.

Whenever someone walked past the pale boy in the hall, they would realize that he had a perfect skin. His face was spotless, completely unblemished. If someone got the courage to look at his face for long enough and discern his feature, they would see that his face was completely symmetrical. His dark hair was shiny and glistened. His eyes were sharp and piercing even when he was actually bored. He had the perfect mouth and jaw. And inside that, he had pearly white teeth. And puberty was going right for him. He was getting taller. His cheekbones were getting higher and more prominent. And his shoulder got broader. Oh, and the smell! He naturally smelled nice, unlike other boys.

His handsomeness was much more than the sum of its part, though. If not for his presence warding people off, it would be very hard for anyone to take their eyes off him. He was pretty, cute, and handsome bundled into one. No one would deny that he was a lovely boy. One could even say that Arc Perscivious was a lovely creature.
Reducio
I can't believe how much fun it was to write this. LOL.

Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system:
Stamina: 10
Evasion: 9
Strength: 1
Wisdom: 8
Arcane Power: 2
Accuracy: 10

Strength: 2; Agility: 9; Control: 14; Stamina: 5
13 Jul 2019, 03:30
First Year: Part-Veela

Second year: TBA in another post

Link to your encyclopedia thread: click here uwu~
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Part-Veela

Henry Riddle was a fine Gryffindor. He was strong, he was handsome, but one thing people didn’t know about him was how temperamental he was. Nor did they know where that temperamentality came from.
It came from his mother, Clarissa Riddle. She was a woman with snow-white hair and electric-blue eyes, but when she was younger, that hair was a platinum blonde. She had not gone to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She had an entirely different type of magic than her half-breed son. Clarissa was a Veela.
She married a man named Aaron Riddle and took his last name. The man had the red hair and green eyes that would later pass to his son and daughter. Aaron had gone to Hogwarts, had been sorted into Gryffindor, and loved Clarissa very much. Little did he know that he was under a spell.
It wasn’t an intentional spell, not by any means, but rather one of accident. Due to Clarissa’s race, she was very… alluring. She attracted men like light attracted moths. The Veela was very temperamental, but that would only scare them off for a little while. In order to keep Aaron with her and not have him leave when they first met, Clarissa told him that she was a pureblooded witch who had gone to Beauxbatons. It made sense to the man, for she was French, and he hadn’t seen her before he turned twenty-four years old.
When they had their first child, something was different about him. He possessed the charm and temper of his mother while still keeping his father’s looks. What was different, however, was that the boy lacked any blemish upon his skin, unlike his father, and very much like his mother. As soon as he was admitted into Hogwarts, everyone wanted to be near this boy. He was a very lovely creature.
A few years after Henry was born, along came Estella. She had her father’s red hair and her mother’s ice-blue eyes. She did not, however, receive the charming power that had gone to her elder brother. She was kind and loving at all times, and her emotions were incredibly stable. This made Henry jealous at first, but he soon came to love his little sister more than anything else.
Henry only learned of what he was after his younger sister died, and his mother became almost blind with rage. She transformed, and Henry remembered something about Veelas that he had read  in one of his school books. He later confronted Clarissa about this, and she admitted to her race. Henry was shocked at the abomination that the fact would make him, and he ran away from home with Esme Lark, his fiancee. The young woman was raven-haired and golden-eyed, which was an interesting combination. She had tanned skin, and she was a huge bookworm. The two got married a few years later, and they had their first child a year after that: Edgar Alexander Riddle.
Of course, that was unknown to Koko. He was only two years older than her and Sapphire, and he was only five years old when their parents died. Alas, when they all went to the orphanage, Koko went one place, Sapphire went to one, and Edgar to another. Henry never told Esme about his heritage, and neither did he tell the children.
Edgar definitely inherited the Veela genes. He had platinum-blonde hair, but like his mother, his eyes were a bright gold. Koko also inherited these genes. People seemed attracted to her like south pole to north pole of a magnet. And when she was angry, the immense beauty given to her by her grandmother faded. She was terrifying. She was part-Veela.

WC: 617

Evasion: 5
Strength: 3
Wisdom: 6
ArcPower: 5
Accuracy: 6

Koko · #85200C
Alluring · Eva. Man. · Scream · Calming Presence · Charm · Keeper's Catch
20 · 10 · 3 · 7 · 5 · 17
·
Cyrus · #000000
Fearless · Obnox. Strong · Charmer · Impartial · Poison Res. · Spell Spread
10 · 10 · 10 · 16 · 10 · 10
15 Jul 2019, 06:43
Link to your encyclopedia thread: here
Year 1 Ability:  Prodigal Charms Learner
Reducio
If there was one thing most people could agree on, it was that Illowy Magnard truly was her mother's daughter. Rose Magnard excelled all seven of her years there at Hogwarts, even serving as Head Girl for Ravenclaw towards the end of her academic career there. During her time at the school, Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts had been the woman's favorite classes, having never been one who liked to feel she was in a position of weakness. Especially not considering all of the trouble that was happening during the war, and the dangers that seemed to lurk around every corner of the school. 

Even after going on to graduate, starting her life, and becoming a mother, she never lost that need to be strong; to prove that she was more then capable of taking care of both herself and her daughter and keeping them safe from danger. One might never be sure if this had stemmed from the fear that something terrible might happen again one day, or if it was of pure practicality that Rose instilled in her young daughter a deep sense and need to keep making herself stronger. Knowledge was power after all; and if her daughter could be powerful, Rose would never have to worry about her safety. Illowy would be raised to hold her own.

Traditional school had never been even a consideration for the girl during her primary learning. With the promise ahead that she'd be going to Hogwarts one day, as well as the weight of her mother's legacy on her shoulders, the pressure was on for the Irish born girl to prove herself to be able to live up to her mother's expectations.

And perhaps as an even harsh task, Illowy had to live up to her own expectations of herself. She aims to go above and beyond her mother's legacy.

Illowy took her studies into her own hands with the aid and supervision of her mother. She'd always been a very self propelled child; and just as her mother had all those years ago, she gravitated towards charms. Illowy would spend hours pouring over the books for hours at a time, committing every word to memory.

Naturally, once the time came for her arrival to Hogwarts, Charms class became second nature. Granted, now at least she had a wand to put her money where her mouth was, executing each spell with grace and precision. Now having an entire library of charms books at her disposal, it would be even easier for her to expand her knowledge on the subject. This dedication and passion would become the young witch's first stepping stones towards her full potential.

Word Count: 447
Year 2 Ability: Prodigal Transfiguration Learner
Reducio
Had one asked Illowy if she had any interest in focusing heavily on Transfiguration during her first year, the girl wouldn't have hesitated to answer that she'd yet to find any reason to take more interest then what was needed for her studies. In her second year, however, it would become a driving force. She had intent now, a need, to gather as much knowledge as she possibly could.

For now, the girl wouldn't answer why she'd taken such a heavy interest, but one could assume it was related to the books on a certain type of creature in addition to the advanced books on Transfiguration. Illowy allowed these books to consume her. Her notes alone could nearly be compiled into a book on the art of Transfiguration. She seemed to thirst for more information like a fish to water as she spent hours of spare time pouring over the volumes in the library. Whatever time she didn't spend in the library was concentrated on practicing with intent to perfect.

The goal was set clear for the young Slytherin, and she was not the type to give up easily. The girl wouldn't let herself even entertain the thought of failing now that her target was locked. Focus couldn't be broken.

As she gained traction, each success a new stepping stone towards the greater reward, came new hope for her. New hope to help her family, new hope to keep pushing herself to be a greater student and a greater witch; and just the thought of that was enough to fuel her pride alone.

It was times like this, when she found herself so enthralled in her goals, that she could understand why the Sorting Hat had placed her where it did as opposed to her beloved Ravenclaw. Illowy was driven, ambitious, happy to fan her pride and prove her own potential for greatness; and she would do whatever she had to do to finish what had been started, if not at least ease it. Was that not how she was brought up, after all?

Magnards do not cause fights, they finish them.

One of her mother's classic recitation. Perhaps she hadn't started this fight. Perhaps she didn't have to insert herself into the situation at all; but she'd made a promise, and when Illowy Magnard made a promise, she did not waver from it. Even more importantly, she did not give up on the people she cared about. If throwing herself in the subject of Transfiguration would do something to aid in the overall goal to ease her family's pain, she would do whatever she had to do.
Word Count: 438
Stats Update
| Stamina: 6 | Evasion: 6 | Strength: 5 | Wisdom: 9 | ArcPower: 7 | Accuracy: 7 |

I was told I was dangerous. When I asked why, they said, "Because you don't need anyone." That's when I smiled.
15 Jul 2019, 14:47
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here!
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Metamorphagus
If you asked Maggie Parker what a Metamorphagus was, she’d probably tell you that it was a “three footed duck found in marshy areas” and that you should bring back a leprechaun when you find it. As a muggleborn, she had no clue that her grandmother on her mum’s side was actually a Metamorphagus as well, which is to some degree why the tips of Maggie’s hair turned red whenever she got angry. When her classmates witnessed this in her younger years, Maggie would just tell people that her hair looked different in the light.

As a girl who proudly wore her heart on her sleeve, having her feelings displayed in such a way really didn’t bother her, and, in fact, she loved not actually having to tell people off when they were being annoying or rude.
She couldn’t really control her abilities yet, however, though she did try. They didn’t actually surface in her first year, but as she emerged into her second year, her “talent” began to come to light. Ever the entertainer, Maggie would practice turning her hair bright blue for as long as she could, though she could usually only hold it for a few seconds at best.

Her siblings were very entertained at the idea, and she often used the ability as leverage to get them to stop annoying her. For example, one summer afternoon after Maggie had gotten back from Summer Camp, her twin younger brothers, Aiden and Andrew, asked her if she wanted to help them prank their neighbor. Of course, Maggie was tempted, but the hot afternoon sun was getting to her, so she declined. However, her brothers persisted, and Maggie glared at them, anger igniting in her chest as her eyes flared red and her hair turned firey at the ends. Yeah, she liked being a Metamorphagus.

Anyhow, Maggie was actually the perfect candidate for the Metamorphagus gene— even if it had been nonexistent in the Parker family since her grandmother. She was an emotional, albeit dramatic girl, and she wasn’t afraid to tell people how she felt. She loved to entertain, wether it be with pranks, jokes, or, well, turning her hair neon blue (she was still working on that one). Her family was comprised of clueless Muggles, as she once was, so whenever her abilities had surfaced as a child, it’d always been dismissed as a “trick of the light”. Maggie herself had believed this until she’d come to Hogwarts and had discovered the world of magic and spells. Now, being a Metamorphagus didn’t actually seem that impossible, and she was more than willing to go down that road.

Metamorphagi in themselves are a rare species, and they’re often treasured among Aurors as spies. Also, unlike Animagi, which are useful in jobs like those, Metamorphagi can transform themselves into a variety of forms, while Animagi can only transform into one. In addition to this, a Metamorphagus is born, and it’s a skill that can not be learned, though it can be practiced. Maggie can verify this, as she practices her Metamorphagus skills all the time. During a particularly boring class, you’d spot Maggie staring intently at her forearm as swirls and patterns of all different colors dance across her skin, and when she’s having a hard time falling asleep, she’ll try and grow her nails as long as she can before she has to give up. With time, Maggie expects to become an amazing and talented Metamorphagus, and she’s honestly proud to be a part of the rare species.
Word Count: 590
[center]STAMINA: 5
EVASION: 5
STRENGTH: 5
WISDOM: 6
ARCANE POWER: 6
ACCURACY: 8

maggie parker :) :)
stamina-5 | evasion-6 | strength-6 | wisdom-4 | arc power-4 | accuracy-9
16 Jul 2019, 21:46
Encyclopedia : Tatiana Crane

First Year
Ability: Perfectionist
Reducio
Some people say that perfection is an unachievable goal, and to those people Tatiana would say- they just weren't trying hard enough. As an only child, and with a mother who worked from home, she was both well nurtured and obsessively scrutinized by her parents. While they were both loving and accepting people, like most parents they had set great expectations for their child. Even so, the pressure never much bothered Tatiana, it was these environmental conditions under which she thrived. She wasn't much of a sorts player, and didn't see herself as a fierce competitor- at least not in a physical sense. But mentally, she was always in a competition. If not with other students, and sometimes even adults, then consistently with herself.

Growing up under the false pretense of being a Muggle, Tatiana was unsure why but still excited about always excelling beyond her classmates. She didn't just enjoy the satisfaction of always knowing the answer to her teachers' questions, she was exhilarated by it. Her parents were both very studious themselves and made sure to pass down similar interests and qualities to their daughter. When they were busy, Tatiana commonly found herself nose deep in a book, preferably one of the many educational texts lying around their home. The classroom felt like it moved at a glacial pace, and she was constantly eager to learn more. By the time her chapter tests came around, she had often learned two to three lessons beyond that point on her own. Her parents encouraged such behavior, and her teachers certainly didn't mind, though she did receive the occasional side eye from her less ambitious classmates.

Tatiana was a worry wort, she liked to be in control, and she embarrassed easily. It was only instinctive that she perfect what she could on her own time, as excelling in school was something that both calmed her and built up her confidence. Feeling inadequate was one of her fears and she did all she could to ensure such things never happened. Though, it wasn't just school that Tatiana had obsessive feelings about. Even as a child, she was very neat and had a calm, composed nature. Her sketches and notebooks were immaculate, as she couldn't stand the sight of scratch outs on a page. All of her belongings, including unnecessary items like her dirty clothes, always had to be arranged in an orderly fashion.

Upon finding out she was a witch, and would be attending Hogwarts, an overwhelming wave of concern washed over her. She was suddenly aware that, for basically the first time in her life, she would be surrounded by others her age who knew more than her- at least about the magical world and all it's workings. To say this thought brought her anxiety would be an understatement. From the day she received her letter, up until the second she stepped off that scarlet train, she engrossed herself in new magical texts she had never seen before- attempting to bridge the gap between her and the other students who had grown up with magic their entire lives.

Since arriving at school, she has made it her sole purpose to stay on top of her studies and maintain her immaculate 'O' average. In the quiet hours of the night, and the early ones of the morning, she can be found alone somewhere, usually the library but sometimes even a bathroom, repeatedly practicing her wand motions in order to perfect her casting. In one of the first lessons of her very first year, she failed to properly produce a charm during the class period, while most other students had. This caused her great trepidation and her practicing went on well through that night. Though she got little sleep, and her wand arm was sore by morning, she vowed to never be caught making a mistake like that again.
Word Count : 648

Second Year
Ability: Components
Reducio
In addition to being an exceptional student, Tatiana also considered herself an avid explorer. Having grown up in the small seaside town of St Bees, she spent a large portion of her time walking along the coast and venturing deep into the caves at the bottom of the towering cliff side. The humble little home she shared with her parents sat atop one of these said cliffs, and on the outskirts of town on the border of the forest. Needless to say, there were ample areas for a young, curious child to romp around and discover. It was on one of her many expeditions that she started to notice the occasional odd occurrence here and there. 

Tatiana's mother, Èlodie, was the town's local apothecary, and she worked out of her small greenhouse at home. Having helped her mother concoct various remedies, she was more aware than the average child of useful plants and herbs. They commonly foraged together as a family, averaging about one gathering trip a week, if not more. Tatiana enjoyed spending time with her mother and offered to help with her work as often as she allowed. This made her an expert in identifying and discerning the useful plants from the poisonous ones, as well as those that were edible. It was because of this extensive knowledge and familiarity with them, that she didn't originally take notice when certain ingredients started showing up on her person.

The first time, it was a lavender sprig in her pocket. And then, a dragonfly thorax in her hat. While this may have seemed out of place to just about anyone else, Tatiana and her mother frequently worked with these sorts of items and she just thought they had maybe been misplaced. It wasn't until the arrival of her eleventh birthday, and ultimately her letter to Hogwarts, that she started noticing these happenings occurring more frequently. After having explained magic to her daughter, Èlodie listened with great interest as Tatiana described what she had been experiencing. With a proud grin on her face, she proceeded to educate Tatiana on certain abilities witches and wizards could possess- the Components ability being one of them.

It wasn't until a few weeks into her first year at school that she felt she could positively confirm she had this odd gift of sorts. A bag, of which she'd commonly carried with her every day, had set unused in her trunk for about a week or so. Digging through her trunk, Tatiana was pleasantly surprised to stumble upon it once more. It was her foraging bag, complete with numerous pouches and pockets, perfect for storing and sorting her various gathered ingredients. Upon removing it from the trunk however, she was surprised at how heavy it seemed to feel. Odd, she thought. She hadn't used it in quite some time, and she was meticulous about emptying it after every excursion. As soon as her fingers had moved to unclasp the top flap, a collection of various items- scarab beetles, porcupine quills, ginger roots- rapidly tumbled out one after another, falling in a large heap on the floor.

Certain she hadn't collected a single one of those items- as they weren't even commonly found on her typical treks through the woods- her mothers words quickly flooded her brain. Some witches are blessed with a components ability, she'd told her. And occasionally, upon reaching in their pockets, their bags, or even on occasion their shoes, they'll find the odd trinket, bauble, or potions ingredient. In all of Tatiana's feverish study sessions, deep diving into the history of the magical world, she was unable to find any other reasonable explanation. The thought tugged at the sides of her mouth until it was spread across her face in a big cheesy grin. Potions was one of her absolute favorite subjects, aside from Herbology of course, and now she had discovered she was blessed to find, on occasion, all different sorts of ingredients in her belongings. In her own personal opinion, there was no better surprise than this, and she found her new natural ability to be both incredibly interesting and endlessly rewarding. 
Word Count : 691

Character Stats

Stamina : 6
Evasion : 4
Strength : 4
Wisdom : 9
Arcane Power : 9
Accuracy : 8
Last edited by Tatiana Crane on 18 Jul 2019, 19:21, edited 3 times in total.

Tatiana Isadore Crane : Perfectionist, Components
Stamina : 6 | Evasion : 4 | Strength : 4 | Wisdom : 9 | Arcane Power : 9 | Accuracy : 8
17 Jul 2019, 04:53
Encyclopedia: Mari Haynes

Race: Werewolf (word count: 745 words)
Reducio
The Summer of 2019 was a pivotal one for young Mari Haynes. Eager to escape the realities of what her year had been at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Mari planned a peaceful summer in the presence of her family. She had much to look forward to: spending time with her sisters, getting a new pet (rat, much to her dismay), writing letters to her fake boyfriend, and simply, being a kid. Nothing could go wrong, right? She was far away from Hogwarts, far away from all the dangers of her first year...

In the early morning hours of 17 July 2019, Mari awoke with a start from a dream that involved her flaming body being kidnapped by a burly man with Koko Riddle's face. She was unable to get back to sleep for fear of the dream's return, and enticed by the full moon outside, she figured it would be an appropriate time for an adventure. Holt was safe - for all Mari knew, there were no witches and wizards there, so she did not even take her wand because why should she? She was underage; even if Holt was a wizarding town, there would be no reason she would use magic.

Armed with her luckiest bloodied robes, Mari ventured outside of her family's cottage-styled home and into the great abyss of Holt in the early-morning hours. As she wandered the streets, the thought crossed her mind that perhaps life would be better if she just went back to being a normal Muggle girl, like her father had always wanted his family to be. Her life hadn't been quite so terrible before Hogwarts, and she had given her first year the "good old Hogwarts try." That should be enough, shouldn't it?

The thought lingered as she made her way to the playground at her old primary school. The robes concealed her, though the creaky swing that she had chosen to sit on would not. The twelve-year-old girl remained lost in her thoughts of what her family would think if she just quit Hogwarts as the swing creaked its ominous tune.

Maybe it was the Hogwarts robes that gave her away, maybe the perpetrator just had a thirst for inflicting pain on innocent bystanders, but as Mari swung the night away, she became a target. The golden eyes glinted as they watched the child devour her last few moments of being human, enjoying a peace under the full moon that would no longer be her sanctuary.

The child had realized that returning to a Muggle life was foolish, for though the Muggle life was safer, there was an enticing temptation to magic. Magic was efficient, powerful, and quite frankly, useful; she could not bear to remove such knowledge. Besides, Mari knew the next year would be better: she had a "boyfriend" to torment, enemies to set in their place, her rat, Friend, and best of all, Lucy would be joining her. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

The peace of resolution elicited a yawn from the tiny child's body as she remembered that this whole excursion had resulted from a bad dream. She was tired. It was time for bed. With one last creak, Mari shimmied herself off the swing and began to walk back towards her family home.

Little did she know that the fully-transformed werewolf lingered behind her. The prickle down her neck should have been a warning, but Mari wasn't the brightest. She made it no farther than the fenced entryway when the werewolf attacked with a few scratches on her arm. As the child turned and screamed, unable to evade the attack, the long nails gashed at her body as well. The only memory Mari would have would be those eyes, for she threw her retaliation punches with her eyes scrunched shut. When she opened them again, after hitting a few times, the werewolf would be gone.

Salty water mixed with blood as both trickled down her body. The Hufflepuff girl would return to the family home, but instead of going to bed, she instead would knock on Isa and Ewan's door to tell them her newest misfortune. Even if Mari had decided to abandon magic altogether, she now would not have had a choice: she would have been forced to return. Now she was stuck with her magic, not only just a witch but also a werewolf, and the allure of being just a simple Muggle would remain a fantasy.

Second Year Ability: Terrible Presence (word count: 483 words)
Reducio
Throughout Mari's entire life, she struggled to make friends. Though she was the eldest, Mari relied on her younger sister, Lucy, to befriend people for her. Even then, Lucy's friends only were friends with her because Lucy told them to. Behind the girls' back, they would gossip about why Lucy had such a weirdo of a sister.

There wasn't really anything wrong with her, she was just...different. Most of her conversations involved her partner dialoguing for her, while Mari would speak in brief statements. She never seemed to be able to let loose. "Mari" and "fun," quite frankly, would be unlikely to appear in the same sentence.

Her family, of course, was used to the strangeness of the eldest daughter, so they were not very much affected by it. At night, however, Ewan and Isa did lay awake wondering where they had gone wrong with Mari. Was it their separation that made her unable to socialize like a normal girl? Did Lucy's dominant personality stifle any of Mari's potential? Or did the girl just have some sort of weird terrible presence about her that could not be remedied?

When Mari entered her first year at Hogwarts, she was eager for a fresh start. Finally she would be able to spread her wings and make her own friends instead just taking Lucy's friends. Mari tried her hardest during the first half of the school year to make friends, but even those she made seemed to not linger into a permanent state of friendship. She was forced to resort to pretending her enemies were actually friends in order to seem "cool" to her younger sister.

The second half of the year solidified her Terrible Presence into a point beyond return. After being stabbed and nearly kidnapped, Mari decided the best method of interacting with people was to attack before they could hurt her. She solidified three enemies in this time period and antagonized many innocent bystanders to her wrath. The only friend she would have would be the Abandoned Toilets, which she called the Porcelain Palace. Mari would say she was perfectly fine, others would say she was unhinged, but she was obviously close to being purely terrible.

Anyone who knew Mari would have been able to say, with good reason, that she would be a permanent disaster if she experienced more traumas, based on how she reacted to the first couple. Yet, Mari Haynes got burned at the first year graduation party and then turned into a werewolf over the summer. She  As she entered her second year at Hogwarts, Mari's hatred for everything around her would emit from her so that others would feel it too.

Lucy Haynes would always be the more popular of the two sisters, yet Mari Haynes, with her terrible presence, would always have the ability to make others feel terrible with her presence and her overall antagonistic attitude.

Character Statistics:
Evasion: 1
Strength: 2
Wisdom: 10
Arcane Power: 2
Accuracy: 10
Last edited by Mari Haynes on 22 Jul 2019, 02:03, edited 2 times in total.

Race: Werewolf // Ability: Terrible Presence
Stam: 10 Evas: 1 Str: 2 Wis: 10 Arc: 2 Acc: 10
17 Jul 2019, 09:54
Link to Encyclopedia thread: HERE

Year 1 Special Ability: Keen Eye
Reducio
Growing up as a Muggle-born, before Hogwarts, before any "first sign" of magic… Andrew had a knack for finding things. Not that he fancied himself to be much of a detective. He never really went out of his way to try and find things, nor did he spend much time having to search them. More like things had a way of finding him instead. Not that it ever stood out to him or struck anyone as odd.

Back at his old Muggle school, Hillstone Primary, lots of kids would lose stuff all the time. At the playground, or in the classroom. Whether it was money, a bracelet, a pencil, or a sweater. If someone recruited Andrew's help, most of the time, he didn't even need to lift a finger to search for it. Often a "random thought" would prompt him to say the name of a location that others hadn't given thought to look at, but once they followed his lead, Andrew's hunch would prove correct. Much to his own surprise even. And even if he did have to hunt around, it usually wasn't a difficult search, at least for him. Most "missing" items were hidden in plain sight, in places where most people wouldn't think of to look at. Instead they'd be on their hands and knees, searching through nooks and crannies. It was entertaining for him to watch everyone else scramble about aimlessly, to say the least.

He could make a quick game of hide-and-seek, if he was the one seeking. Those times when Andrew did actively search for someone or something, his eyes would be drawn to the subtlest of movements that gave away his target's position. Attention to detail and awareness of his surroundings… One of his favorite childhood activities was searching for praying mantises in the backyard, at his house in London. Amidst a sea of leafy green, between walls of shrubbery, he'd notice the slightest of movements that would attract his eye to the camouflaged insect. Trapping mantises and (unintentionally) breeding them, then releasing them back into the bushes to watch the life cycle continue. Those were fond memories…

As a wizard, Andrew would attribute most of his findings to luck or a Magic-imbued intuition, but most of his observance stems from his introverted nature, which he's inherited from his father. Andrew naturally has a sharp eye for surveying his surroundings, preferring to watch and listen rather than socialize with others. Without distractions, his eyes would be drawn to the tiny details that most would likely glance over.

Word Count: 424

Year 2 Special Ability: Components
Reducio
One can never be too prepared, Andrew realized, after entering his first year at Hogwarts. He might not have been the most academically competitive student, or the most interested in Potions, but at least he could make it a point to show up to class on time with all the required materials on hand. That in itself served as motivation for him to read up on his lessons ahead of time, especially with Potions class, to glance over what ingredients would be needed for the upcoming lessons. For him, nothing was more embarrassing than forgetting something so basic as a required material and having to lean on another classmate to supply it for him. Fortunately, it never came to that. In fact, it was usually the other way around, with other classmates relying on him to supply them with various materials on occasion. Though he wouldn't complain about helping them out. After all, it wasn't like he needed half the stuff he collected in his room anyways. Oftentimes his pet rat, Penelope, would be the one responsible for sneaking around and bringing back random "gifts" for Andrew to stow away, until they unexpectedly proved useful.

As a Muggle-born, newly inducted to the ways of magic, Andrew has embraced the wizarding world with a newfound sense of curiosity and fascination, adding to his awareness and eagerness to explore his surroundings. Being a collector has become more of a habit he's picked up as of late, since entering Hogwarts. Whether it's a stroll through nature or a bustling street, he collects things on the off chance and inkling suspicion that they might, in some way, shape, or form, become handy for magical purposes. He takes great pride and stride in making sure he's stocked with anything and everything he would suspect might be useful, in preparation for the unexpected, especially at school. It's saved both time and money for him on more than one occasion, having a needed item on hand that most would have to go out of their way and schedule a trip for.

With a Keen Eye to boost, Andrew notices wayward items along his path that most would overlook, which increases the likelihood of him finding something unusual to add to his pocket. Even when he isn't actively collecting, he's quite resourceful at keeping a mental log of places and social contacts, knowing whom to ask and where to look for, for him to acquire certain items of interest.

Word Count: 412

Player Stats: Stamina: 7 | Evasion: 8 | Strength: 5 | Wisdom: 10 | Arcane Power: 4 | Accuracy: 6
Last edited by Andrew Vance on 18 Jul 2019, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.