Register
Sign in
27 Jun 2020, 06:43
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Reducio
Applicable for Seer cause posted on the 30th day

Link to Encyclopedia: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=11503

Applying for Seer.

Stats are the same, mine total to 30 as of now.

Albert always characterized himself as perceptive. While he himself was a terrible liar, he found that good liars struggled to push untruths past him. While in Muggle school, he always could spot a fake, phony, or a liar. Even at Hogwarts with many deceptive folk around, he still caught some well-disguised lies. His talent for noticing was uncanny.

Albert often found himself in good fortune. What was strange was that he always made a choice to go to a good location. Stranger was that he often realized that his mind had almost willed him to go there. That's just my mental compass, he would think.

His mental compass, forged by genetics and the power of DNA, was interestingly odd as well. Albert knew he was a half blood, albeit hating every moment of living as one. He denounced his muggle half and turned his mother's family away. He, however, in his early days, spent time with his maternal grandfather, Isa Krasniqui. He had seen him do things- things that seemed almost magical. Unbeknownst to Albert and his mother, Isa was a very powerful wizard. He happened to be a carrier of the Seer Gene, and thus Albert's mother and then Albert himself carried the Seer Gene. Albert's father also carried the Seer Gene. That was obvious. He would bet on horses, gamble money, and almost never lose a dime. Albert's father, however, chalked his abilities up to experience.

Albert, of course, knew he was lying but couldn't tell quite what was occurring every time his father would bet. His father was a levelheaded man, and despite his animus against Half Bloods and Muggles, was very versed in the art of common Sense. As an aristocrat, however, he was also well-versed in the art of bullshit. He could always make a good deal, sell stocks for higher, and bargain like nothing else Albert had seen.

Inapparent to Albert, his hair, over the course of the past two years, had lightened. He went from jet black to dark brown in the span of two years. Hair color fluctuations were normal, so he and his family dismissed it as normal- the cycle of life.

His DNA also protected him against death several times when he was younger. Albert, despite being a little shy, had a penchant for doing stupid things. Very stupid things. He found lighting trash bags of oxyacetylene and nitrous oxide on fire. He knew how to prusik, but often prusiked up inherently dangerous structures, like rope bridges from the 1980s, clearly degraded by now.

Every time something would go wrong, right before, he could get out of the way. When his sweater crackled with static electricity, he was already fifteen metres from the gas-bag. Any closer would have decimated him. The same went for scaling old rope bridges- he'd always stop before a massive rope would break, and certain death could have ensued, if not for his mental compass.

Albert knew he had a gift- one of perception and finesse. He did not realize it's origins, but that was beyond the point for him. All he cared for was his tact and perceptiveness.

Wc 524 minus details.
27 Jun 2020, 18:26
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=11954 (is yet to be approved because I'm applying for this and the registration at the same time)

Name of ability or race/talent that you are applying for: Part-Veela

Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):

"Ain't she a beauty?"

"That little darling. No wonder she's pretty even though she's just a little girl. Her mamá is beautiful."

"You say it, hermana (sister). And her papá isn't bad, either. No wonder the daughter is so lovely. Just exactly like a Chinese doll."

"Yeah, bet she'll be the prettiest girl in town when she hits puberty."

Growing up in a small town in Belize, Elisabeth Erner was known by everyone in town, and not a single soul was unfamiliar with this kind of conversation about her. The elderly citizens, especially, liked to talk about her, gossiping about how lovely she was, even though she was still a little girl at that time.

Little Elisabeth was not aware of all the gossips, of course. But she did receive compliments about her appearance when she first visit a shop, or when a guest came to her home. Or, she would hear these people talking to her parents, "That's a lovely daughter you've got there." The girl enjoyed hearing this sometimes, when it was not getting too much. She was, after all, a shy person; and compliments made her blush - heavily at times.

On the other hand, Elisabeth did not really care about why she was considered pretty by almost everyone she met. After all, she was only a child; who would think about genetics and things like that when they have not even gone to school yet?

When she was six, her parents sent Elisabeth to receive formal education in a public school in London. But they did not move with her, and neither did her younger brother, so the Hispanic-Asian girl stayed with her mamá's sister, Ayi (Auntie) Anna, who lived in the capital of the United Kingdom. In this school, everyone said that same thing about her: she was pretty. Some of her classmates were even mesmerised involuntarily because of her, much to their teachers' dismay - and, now that she understood more things, Elisabeth's confusion. It was like, okay, she knew that people considered her a beauty, but she should not be that wonderful, right? Besides, she could be moody, and when she got angry, people became scared of her...

Finally, the girl decided to ask Ayi Anna. The young lady was smart, and she was the nearest to Elisabeth geographically. And, the girl knew, her aunt was a witch like almost everyone in her family - at least her nuclear family and her relatives from her mamá's side. But the aunt answered that it would be for her parents to explain; after all, they were the parents and she was only the aunt. So Elisabeth asked them on their next video call (thanks to Muggle technology and the fact that they all lived in the Muggle part of the towns). And her parents promised to tell her a "secret story" on the summer holiday after her tenth birthday.

At last, the time came for that "secret story". Elisabeth and her parents sat in the living room at their home in Belize, while Elisabeth's brother was having a playdate in a friend's house.

"It's like this, Elsa," said her mamá, using the girl's nickname. "Ama's (Grandma) mamá, so your great-grandma, was a Veela."

"What is a Veela?" Elisabeth interrupted.

After reminding her not to do so again, her papá replied, "A Veela is a very beautiful, human-like creature. With magic power, too, like a witch. But they are not witches; they are not even humans. They have light skin colour and also light hair colour, usually blonde."

Making sure that none of her parents would say anything very soon to avoid interrupting again, Elisabeth looked at them. "Can I ask something, papá? If mamá's abuelita (granny) was a Veela, why doesn't any of her kids or grandkids have blonde hair or blue eyes?"

Both her parents smiled. "That's a good question, dear," praised her mamá. After that, she turned her eyes to her husband, as if signalling that he should answer their daughter's question. Smiling at his wife, the papá tried his best to answer in a way a clever ten-year-old would understand.

"Well, Elsa," he said, a graduate from both Ilvermony and the biology major of a Muggle college, "she married a Chinese wizard. And biologically, darker colour - like hair, eye, or skin colour - tends to dominate over lighter colour. That's why her kids, although they are considered fair-skinned for Mongolians, cannot be as pale-skinned as their mamá. And you know that later Ama married Agong (Grandpa), also an Asian wizard, that makes your mamá looks very much like a Chinese lady. She married me, a Hispanic, and that makes the 'dark colour' gene in our family even stronger.

"But you see, some of the Veela's physical trait is still passed through generations. When Ama was younger, her hair is quite reddish. Mamá's hair too, it's brownish rather than jet-black, isn't it?"

Elisabeth nodded. Yeah, she had never thought that her mamá was "supposed to" have jet-black hair because most of her ancestors were Asians. But here she was, with brownish hair and skin lighter in colour than most Chinese people. And, the girl realised, her mamá had passed down her hair and skin colour to her, too.

"I understand, papá!" she said excitedly. "Yeah, it's not difficult to understand. So... how's the story about your grandparents, mamá?"

And her mamá resumed her story...

"I'd rather go with a witch or wizard and start a new life," Germaine the Veela said, "and I ain't going back. I know I'm atypical, but I'm just interested in wizards. If you won't let me go with you, I'll go with any wizard or witch that will."

Chinese pure-blood Feifang Hong, a graduate from Mahoutokoro, scowled at her, and her blue eyes stared back. "How old are you?" he demanded.

"Eighteen already," she said. "I'd rather help you with your Magizoology if you let me, but if no, I'll go with the next wizard that came."

Feifang sighed. He really could use a help, particularly here in France, a country foreign for him, but he preferred it to be a fellow wizard or witch. "All right," he answered, finally. "But you must get serious and unafraid of minor injuries. Magizoology is an exhausting, demanding profession."

None of them had expected that this business would turn to love. Germaine, especially, who didn't use any Veela charm on Feifang, and was often considered an outcast by her fellow Veelas. But there they were! Germaine and Feifang got married in France seven years after their first encounter, and later they moved to Indonesia, famous for its fauna diversity. It was here that they were gifted with their first child, and thus decided to stay in the country permanently to raise a family.

"So you see, Elsa," her mamá said. "One of their children is Ama, and she is a half-Veela because her papá was a wizard and her mamá was a full-blooded Veela. I'm a quarter-Veela, because Agong is purely a wizard, a human. Now, I'm a quarter-Veela and Papá is full human. That makes you...?"

"A one-eighth Veela!" replied Elisabeth proudly, showing off her knowledge in mathematics.

Her parents laughed. "Muy bien," said her papá. "Very good", he said. "But here's one thing," he told her, becoming rather serious again. "Like being a witch, being a part-Veela should be kept secret from your Muggle friends. It's not that we dislike them, but it's still considered risky by most wizards. You don't want all of us getting into trouble, would you?"

Elisabeth shook her head. She was busy with her thoughts for a moment, and then shot a question. "What about later when I go to magic school? Should I tell my wizard friends that I'm part-Veela?"

"Even some wizards are afraid of part-Veela," answered her mamá sadly. "Maybe it's better to keep it a secret until you really trust someone to tell, what do you think?" And then, trying to cheer up her daughter, "Wouldn't it be rather fun, too, having a secret?"

It worked, and Elisabeth giggled, before becoming serious again. "Yes, mamá," she agreed. "I'll keep it a secret, at least until I fully trust a friend who will keep it a secret too."

The parents were very glad. They knew that their daughter was mature enough for this kind of thing, and being her introvert self, Elisabeth was very good at keeping secrets.

Her papá patted her head gently. "Now go enjoy your summer holiday. You said you wanna go to the park, didn't you?" Without waiting to be told twice, Elisabeth nodded to her parents and rushed out the door, ready for a day in the sun.

Word Count: 1,481 (the story only)
Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system:
stamina: 5
evasion: 4
strength: 2
wisdom: 8
arcane power: 4
accuracy: 7

STATUS: Approved, please contact an HoH for blood status change
Last edited by Elisabeth Erner on 28 Jun 2020, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.

𝔓𝔬𝔡𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔰 𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔳𝔦𝔯, 𝔭𝔬𝔯𝔮𝔲𝔢 𝔇𝔦𝔬𝔰 𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔯
Check out Elsa's Fashion Boutique!
28 Jun 2020, 01:45
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=11988

Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Werewolf

Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it): [500 words for a race and talent, 400 words for an ability, please include word count. This would include things such as how this entered your family line or how you were exposed to it in cases of Lycanotrophy. This would also include mentioning or updating your appearance, mannerisms or build to reflect this ability or change. This can be completed in-character first or second person or from a third person perspective.)

(Age: 7)
"Bet I can get there before you do!" Miranda exclaimed, racing off into the trees. Her younger brother, Cedar followed just as quickly. The night air was crisp as they ran, and the only light came from the full moon suspended in the night sky.

"I don't see why we have to race every time," he panted as they stopped beneath a large oak tree. "I know you're the fastest. For now anyways," he added with a sly grin.

"You wish!" Miranda yelped, cuffing him lightly in the shoulder. Even though she wished her parents paid more attention to her, she still enjoyed all the time she was allotted to play with Cedar.

"Hah!" he barked, shaking his head. "You know what Dad always says; boys are faster."

"He hasn't met me yet!" Miranda argued.

"Um, yes he has," Cedar said in confusion. "He's your dad."

"It's a figure of speech," she answered in a condensing tone. "That means it doesn't mean what you say."

"I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that," her brother said, frowning.

"Who's smarter? You or me?"

Cedar shrugged. "Alright, fine."

Once they were done recovering from their sprint, Cedar and Miranda continued farther into the forest. Their parents owned all of the surrounding area for their Magical Creature farm, so they weren't worried about leaving their property.

"Do you think those howls we heard were actually a werewolf?" Miranda asked excitedly, hopping over a log in her path. "That's even cooler than those winged horses you're so obsessed with."

"Is not!" Cedar exclaimed. "Although it is pretty cool." He agreed grudgingly. "But Dad said werewolves are dangerous."

"They're not, silly. They're just big dogs that turn human-like every little while." Miranda rolled her eyes. "We'll be careful, and besides, all dogs love me." That was true, but only because she was an expert at handing out the tastiest pet treats.

Either way, Cedar was oddly quiet for the rest of the walk. Miranda, on the hand, was exuberant. "Werewolves are almost as cool as dragons!" she cried. "I was reading a book that told you which animals were the coolest! And it said so!"

"What book?" he asked, his brow furrowing, not that his sister noticed. "You mean that one you were reading last night? About the deadliest animals?" His eyes widened in panic, and he shot after Miranda, who was quite a ways ahead of him. "Stop!" he shouted. "Come back!"

However, she was too far ahead to hear him. Miranda excitedly darted around another tree, and there it was: a real live werewolf. It looked just like the picture her book had shown, but even bigger. And, if she were being truthful, a bit scarier, too. Suddenly, its head snapped its head around and stared at her. Miranda shivered at the sight of its bright yellow eyes that seemed to glow in the dark.

It doesn't really look like a dog right now, she thought. It looks kind of scary.

Her fear intensified when the werewolf lunged towards her, only to be brought short by the steel mesh of the cage it was contained within. Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe we should have stayed in bed. She glanced over her shoulder for Cedar, but couldn't see him. Little did she know that he'd gone back for their parents.

The werewolf lunged again, and the mesh shook dangerously. Miranda slowly began to back away, terrified by the sight. It leapt again, and this time the cage broke. Not very much, but enough for the creature to start tearing at the hole and enlarge it.

And then it was free.

With a squeak of terror, Miranda bolted for the trees, but the werewolf was there before she even got three steps. "Help!" she shouted as the beast knocked her over into the dirt.

And then the pain as it bit into her shoulder. She'd never experienced anything like that before, and she screamed her anguish to the sky. Please let it be quick.

Suddenly the weight from above lifted, but she was in too much pain to move. A bright flash of light flared somewhere in her peripheral vision, but Miranda wasn't sure what it was. And then she was unconscious.
(Story word count: 688)
In the end, her parents saved her from the werewolf by burning it to death, and were sure to lock Miranda up every full moon in the cages reserved for more dangerous beasts.

Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: This will serve as your change/update to your stats as well.
Stamina: 5
Evasion: 6
Strength: 4
Wisdom: 6
Arcane Power: 5
Accuracy: 4

Stamina: 7 - Evasion: 6 - Strength: 5 - Wisdom: 6 - Arcane Power: 6-Accuracy: 5
Alpha of the Pack and Writer of the Celestious Chronicles
1 Jul 2020, 20:55
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=2727
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Evasive Maneuvers (2)
Describe why this fits your character:
Oliver stood in the whipping rain of the winter season. Standing around him were four older pupils, most of whom he could recognize as Slytherins, one other being a Hufflepuff. They all stood with wands in hands. Oliver looked around, then down at the donut in his own hand. He slowly moved it into his robe, protecting the already soaked dessert from getting completely destroyed in the rain.

"Is this him?" A Slytherin snarled, his fist clenched around his wand. The Hufflepuff gave an uncertain nod, replying with "yeah, pretty sure. He fits the description my little brother gave... maybe ask him..." Another Slytherin did as much, yelling at Oliver with," are you the one who flipendo'd a Hufflepuff kid out the window last Saturday?!"
Oliver froze up, eyes widening. "Uh... about that... you guys, you gotta know... let me just say, I... I cast the Shield Charm not a Knockback, he cast the Knockback... technically... y'know... he flipendo'd himself?"
"Why you little round!" the initial Slytherin revved up, he couldn't even finish his sentence before raising his wand and casting "Stupefy!"
Oliver flinched as he saw the wand raise and his grip on his donut loosened. "NO!" he yelped, trying to grab it before it hit the ground. As he did, the stupefy flew over his head, tingling his hair. It directly passed him and hit one of the group members behind Oliver. The student was knocked out while also being flung like a rag-doll, skidding through the wet mud as he landed.

Another student and the stupefy casting student casted blasting spells but Oliver was now fumbling his donut, trying to get a grip on its wet surface. The two managed to miss Oliver narrowly and hit one another, blowing each other back incredibly far and likely breaking a few of each others bones. The Hufflepuff girl now stood alone, looking at Oliver. With an enraged scream, she whipped up her wand and roared out a Knockback Jinx. Oliver just managed to catch his donut before he looked up to see the spell being incantated point blank. He grabbed his own wand and cast the Shield Charm, wrapping himself in a barrier. The Hufflepuff's spell hit the shield and blasted back at her. With a scream, she flew through the rain and landed with a thud onto a wild pumpkin which smashed under her.

Oliver looked around, paused, then walked away briskly. He also begun to slop the donut into his mouth as he made his way back to his dorm. He took out a note from his pocked which read "free donut on the big rock beside the herbology greenhouses," before scrunching it and throwing it away.
Stamina: 13 (+1)
Evasion: 0
Strength: 0
Wisdom: 10 (+1)
Arcane Power: 15
Accuracy: 12 (+3)
Last edited by Oliver Hart on 2 Jul 2020, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

Sta 12, Evas 0, Str 0, Wis 9, ArcP 15, Acc 9
1 Jul 2020, 23:27
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f ... 33#p180733

Name of Ability or Race/Talent: Cat Animagus

Why this would fit my character: 521 words
Margaret has many personality traits of a cat such as the urge to find adventures and being shy and anxious (as some cats act around people). As cats, like people, have many variations of personalities. Margaret has several attributes that can be associated with cats, like friskiness/ the want to find adventure and acting shy or afraid of people but liking others. In my experiences, cats have been afraid of some people but feel comfortable around others. She also loves cats which would make sense that she is part cat.

Along with this if I/ Margaret is allowed to register as a cat animagus she will be an orange tabby as her hair is red.

Backstory of finding out she is of this race:
Margaret sits down in the noisy library, filled with people having their own adventures and made of hardly anyone actually reading or studying. None the less she comes in with the intention of actually doing research. She goes through the aisles until she finds the aisle of Hogwarts History and people who contributed to it. Eventually, she gets to a chapter on previous owners of Hogwarts. She finds a few paragraphs about an old owner that was never headmaster but had taken care of the school for a little while. She had the power to transform into a grey tabby. Although this part was only a few sentences long Margaret was immediately interested and wanted to know more about this cool power.
She takes up reading other books about powers, abilities, and races. It took a while to find out what this ability was. She knew people with this ability were called animaguses but she thought it was an ability not race so it took a while to find anything out about this ability/ race. Eventually, she learns that there are people that can turn into animals at will. She later learns that these people usually show traits associated with these animals, such as people who can turn into dogs are often loyal Hufflepuffs or people who were able to turn into foxes were often playful or friendly. She did not suspect that she would be an animagus but she wondered what animal she would be if she was an animagus. She concludes either fox or cat but isn't certain which but she doesn't think it matters much as she isn't an animagus.
Eventually, she learns more about how they change into these animals. She reads that they just have to want to be that animal to have to become it and often they find out that they can do so on accident. She thinks about becoming a fox, not really expecting to actually become one but just for fun. She fails in the not serious attempt to be a fox then she thinks what if I am more of a cat instead of a fox. Then she just wishes to turn into a cat in which her attempt succeeds and she turns into a ginger-haired orange tabby. Although she wasn't really taking these attempts seriously she soon learns that she is considered the race of animagus.

Stamina: 7
Evasion: 5
Strength: 4
Arcane Power: 7
Accuracy:6

568 words total

"Whenever I am afraid I will trust in you"
(psalms 56:3)
2 Jul 2020, 00:46
Link to your encyclopedia thread || Ency Link
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for || Healing Sage (1st Year), Lovely Creature (2nd Year)
Healing Sage
Reducio
Willow had grown up in a muggle witch family that tried to be self sustaining in everything they created. They had a garden out back, and often had their own herbs drying throughout their house. Willow has been learning how to make infused oils, to then create different balms, body butters, and salves that have healing properties from her grandmother and mother from a young age. She has an more advanced knowledge of herbology compared to other kids her age within the muggle realm that she has worked on translating into this new magic realm of hers, trying to commit all of the ingredients and their properties and how they have different purposes when mixed different ways in potions.

Willow is a rambunctious child, she spent her afternoons after school largely independent of her family wandering in the forests near her house. But never too far where they couldn't shout for her to come home. There were trees to be climbed, fallen logs to be crawled through, stone towers to make, and fairies to bring gifts to. It wasn't abnormal for her to fall out of the trees, get stuck in the logs, and have the stone towers fall and give her some bruises. This resulted in her usually coming home with a new bump, bruise, or scratch every time. A sign of successful exploration, in her opinion at least. Luckily, she was able to develop a salve with the help of her grandmother that worked to heal the bumps and bruises better than any over the counter antibiotic that left her nearly scar free. It took her time and experimentation, intense research with different plant properties and how they would work with others, either making it more potent or healing something that the other herb didn't help. Eventually they came up with a catch-all for all of the wounds she usually endured, and she became an expert at making it.

She was quickly running out of it as the exploration hadn't stopped when she got to Hogwarts, in fact it had increased. Luckily, her common room had an ever raging fire, and her family was always wiling to send her ingredients. During one of her free periods of time she took her own cauldron putting coconut oil and shea butter in it and waited for it to melt while ironically doing her potions homework. Once it was melted she placed beeswax in and stirred that until it slowly melted into the other ingredients. Then she did precisely 40 drops of frankincense, 20 drops of helichrysum oil, 20 drops of lavender, and a small amount of Vitamin E. She also added 10 drops of a particularly strong citrus oil of hers to cover the smell of lavender which usually made her sleepy and had it's own benefits. Once it was substantially mixed together she transferred it into a tin and waited for it to solidify before covering it, labeling it, and storing it in her things that she brought around with her on a daily basis. It was a salve that had been created out of necessity, and it had quickly become a regular in her arsenal of salves even for helping friends with their small injuries.

The skills she has learned within her family when it comes to making potions of their own and having the resources and ability to practice when she visited home in making her own remedies has transferred over easily into her potions class. As well as just having a knack for healing spells because they're the easiest for her to get into the mental head space for.

Her family and exploring tendency has bred a healer, and Willow is fully leaning into it.
Word Count || 619
Lovely Creature
Reducio
The first year of Hogwarts had been a beautiful train wreck for Willow. Full of self-discovery, anger, depression, brutal injuries, being covered in blood, you name it. It was definitely an experience that she would have never gotten had she remained at home instead of attending Hogwarts. As much as she resented her parents in the beginning for sending her off, ultimately she would be grateful to them for making her pursue this newfound magic in her life. Even with the tragedies that seemed to come with it.

While the first year was beautiful, it left her an actual train wreck by the end of her first year. She didn't know how she was supposed to return home, with the Blossom Ball, the Hufflepuff fire, and some confusing relationships left up in the air she was finding it hard to function among muggle normality. How to interact with her parents, she found herself keeping secrets from them which was something that she never did before. She needed to reconnect with who she was now, rather than trying to cling on to who she had been.

This came with first, dying and cutting her hair. What else is a girl to do in a crisis besides a major hair change? With a trip to a trusted hair stylist with her mom, she chopped her hair off to shoulder length and dyed it a pale pink. It was something that she had wanted for forever, but her mother never gave in until now. Looking into the mirror at her new appearance already filled her with a sense of new beginning. Her hands couldn't stop touching the soft fluffy tresses that framed a bright renewed smile.

She started talking to her parents again, leaving out the nearly dying parts for fear of them pulling her out of Hogwarts, but started asking for advice about the different issues on an interpersonal level that still haunted her, such as her falling out with Flash. How could she be a better friend to him? With Mildred, who had supported her through everything. How could she support Mildred in return? How could she be better, specifically in her friendships. She felt like it was part of who she was as a Hufflepuff to focus on that part of herself. Looking back she had been selfish throughout the year, although the selfishness was sometimes warranted, it also resulted in hurting those around her with her lack of care.

Her parents were two of the most selfless people she knew. Constantly giving, rarely taking. They held her hand through her mixed emotions and outbursts of anger, let her cry in their bed when the nightmares returned. They gave her the space to recuperate and grow, and grow she did.

She had a new confidence in her step, no matter where she went. A new smile of kindness and renewed passion for the things that she had always loved. Spending time in the garden and talking to the plants started to heal the cracks that had been made in her heart. Things were looking up.

People started to take notice of her more, initially from her bright hair. Then they were reeled in by her bubbly energy, the way she would bounce into a room and make friends with people as soon as she said hello. She was intriguing, the gusto for life that she still had after everything that had occurred in her life. There was something else to her kindness, she listened more rather than talked for once. Something... else that people couldn't place their finger on to fully figure out the twelve year old girl. This type of personality wasn't abnormal for someone her age. But there was something else to her that was delightfully electric. It was a wonder that brought infectious smiles to those around her, brought life to a lifeless room. There was still so much growth to be had from the young twelve year old, but she was starting to take steps forward for that growth, instead of steeping in her uncertainty. While there was still a darkness lurking within her that she had many years forward to take care of, her unyielding confidence and kindness made her a wonder.
Word Count || 706
Edited to remove stats per last announcement.
Last edited by Dorion Anderson on 4 Jul 2020, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.

"I don't know whether to cry or scream or do both. It feels like I've done more than enough of both. And it feels like I haven't done enough." - Mason Deaver
Stamina 12 ∴ Evasion 9 ∴ Strength 5 ∴ Wisdom 10 ∵ ArcPower 10 ∵ Accuracy 13
2 Jul 2020, 05:30
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=11824
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Prodigial Charms Learner
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it): [500 words for a race and talent, 400 words for an ability, please include word count. This would include things such as how this entered your family line or how you were exposed to it in cases of Lycanotrophy. This would also include mentioning or updating your appearance, mannerisms or build to reflect this ability or change. This can be completed in-character first or second person or from a third person perspective. ]
Altair was born in a muggle family, so she had no knowledge of any magic. But when she arrived at Hogwarts, she realized the opportunities waiting for her. She studied hard in all her classes, but Transfiguration was too hard, and Potions too messy. She found the only class she really looked forward to was Charms. Not only were they fun to learn, they were actually useful. Need to lift something but it's too heavy? Wingardium Leviosa that heavy trunk. Forgot to bring a lamp? Lumos and you have your very own light. She found herself excelling in Charms and did great on the homework. She used the charms she learned just for the fun of it. She didn't really need to keep locking and unlocking her trunk with the charm, but she did it anyway because there is that thrill and excitement in casting a spell that worked.
Altair often found herself heading to the library after her classes to read more about Charms. She poured over the books, and practiced them. Although she didn't always make it work on the first try, she worked hard to learn it. Although sometimes things resulted in explosions, it didn't deter her and she worked even harder. Sometimes she would study with some older students when they were doing their Charms homework so she could learn some things with them. She soon became a familiar sight to them and they would help her-- or she would help them with Charms they are having trouble with.
Another aspect that helped her with this was her aunt. Her mom's sister was a witch and Altair often wrote letters to her about her time at Hogwarts, but most of all about Charms. Her aunt was very helpful and would help her learn some harder charms that she couldn't figure out. Her aunt told her tales of her time at Hogwarts when she enjoyed Charms very much too. She had little tips and tricks that helped Altair figure out what she was doing wrong and even sent her a book that she highly recommended and her aunt even contributed some of the charms in the book. Charms soon became a hobby and she would practice them in the morning, during lunch, and before bed. Even on the busy days were she had several essays to write she would always find a way to squeeze time to practice. Although some of her dorm mates get annoyed with her she just promises she won't drop any more pillows on their head and keeps working on it. She just knows when she grows up she wants to be a Charms Professor so she can share her knowledge with others.
WC: 451 Words
Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: This will serve as your change/update to your stats as well.
Stamina: 5
Strength: 5
Wisdom: 5
Arcane Power: 7
Accuracy: 7

Werewolf
Stats: 5/6/5/5/7/7
Abilities: Prodigial Charms
If you would like to RP with me just send an owl!
2 Jul 2020, 16:21
Second year ability

Link to your encyclopedia thread: Link
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Prodigal Charms
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
Reducio
Dentelle de Clairmonte was known in her adult life to be an extremely skilled healer. Gifted in having a more gentle and efficient touch than most of her other co-workers. This skill didn’t just stem from being an excellent healer though. During her own time at Hogwarts she found that she was easily within the top of her class. She adapted quickly to the subject and performed impressively. Little did she know at the time that she would one day have a child that would be born with her knack for healing and charms just like her.

Santario had spent most of her young life watching her mother perform healing charms whether it be in St Mungo’s Hospital or at home on her father when he hurt himself. Dentelle was only to happy to have someone to teach who shared her passion for the subjects. Because she didn’t have a wand yet San over the years had gotten into the habit of keeping a stick on her so that she could copy the wand movements her mother so skillfully performed. Reciting the incantations over and over until she was positive that every last syllable was uttered perfectly.

However, it would be until Santario finally obtained her wand and went to Hogwarts, attending her first charms lesson that she would realize that it wasn’t just healing spells that she seemed to memorize quickly. Every time she went to her Charms class, she walked in with absolute confidence knowing no matter what the professor gave them to work on she would have it down before most of her classmates. Between classes when she didn’t have her camera stuck to her face, she could be found reading any and all books about charms, that she could find to read, dutifully committing them to memory.

Thankfully because she was born to a wizarding family, pure-blood, at that the tracer charm wouldn’t be able to track her using magic at home since it would not be able to tell who in the home had been doing the magic. This allowed her for the very briefest of moments to practice her charms work with her mother and father over winter break while decorating the house. Once moved into the de Clairmont Château in France with her grandparents, her grandmother forced her to start studying the first year spells from her book that she hadn’t been taught in class yet. Alohamora and Pluvia Velo were the two she studied diligently before returning to school and proving her knowledge.

Seeing how fast she could progress with the proper training and a focused environment it made her crave more. She wanted to learn more and faster especially since it would allow her to study healing charms sooner than most of her other classmates. Santario was determined to take every extra class that she could to further enhance her skills.

Word Count: 480

Healing Sage: +30% healing | Prodigal Charms | Impartial | Fearless
Stamina : 10 | Evasion : 7 | Strength : 3 | Wisdom : 12 | Arcane Power : 10 | Accuracy : 15
2 Jul 2020, 16:23
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Ency Here
Applying For: 2nd Year Ability + 2nd Year Stat Upgrades
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: The Muggle Condition
Describe why this fits your character:
Reducio
Elspeth grew up in a half muggle, half wizard family and has consistently been quite content in both worlds. While her mother homeschooled her, including a fair bit of elementary level magic principles, Elspeth's favorite activities were always non-magical ones she did with her dad. Alex Gollens is a baker who loves camping and being a dad. As much as he feels like the odd one out in a family of witches, he's also made sure that Elspeth doesn't feel ashamed of her muggle side. Throughout her childhood she's gone on camping trips with him and watched him pitch tents, start campfires, and go fishing (in her most recent years, she's even participated in some of these herself!). At home she's helped him tend to a small (admittedly, struggling) garden, as well as bake delicious treats regularly. While there are certainly parts of her magical future that Elspeth looks forward to, she's never felt like she was required to live in that world alone. In fact, one of her greatest dreams in life is to grow up and become a scientist who specifically works on studying butterflies! There's a beauty in the simple magic of science and muggle ways, something that she is still learning the deeper nature of, but has been primed to appreciate since she was a baby.

Receiving her letter to Hogwarts was simultaneously an exciting new chapter in her life, but also the somewhat sad closing of a separate future for her - one where she could have gone to muggle school and continued to engage more regularly with these interests of hers. Even at Hogwarts, though, Elspeth has worked to try and maintain some of those activities that she's always loved including analogue photography of nature, drawing in her sketchbook, and giggling at the moments when her sometimes snobby pureblooded friends don't understand something relatively simple about the muggle world.

Most recently, toward the end of her first year at Hogwarts, Elspeth began to take up mindfulness practices like Yoga and meditative walking. She's finding that being able to stay present is helping her with her anxiety, and also helps her better connect to the world around her. For two practices that are growing to be more important to her wellbeing, Elspeth was surprised that neither comes from a magical background, but are instead built on the wisdom of muggles who knew how to channel the power of their minds without the use of magic. In this way, she's grown to be more focused in her actions, better able to focus on what's going on around her, and more likely to be accurate in her actions while grounded.

Word Count: 442
(edited to remove stats per recent announcement)
Last edited by Ancien sorcier on 4 Jul 2020, 07:29, edited 2 times in total.

|| t r u n k ||
Stamina: 4 | Evasion: 6 | Strength: 4 | Wisdom: 4 | Arcane Power: 6 | Accuracy: 6
2 Jul 2020, 17:09
Year 2 Ability

Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=11988
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Prodigal Defense Against the Dark Arts Learner + Second year statistics

Why this fits:
Reducio
Miranda had never been of average intelligence. If there was something to learn, she would learn it. By age six, she had read every book in the library at home, and a year later, every book in the local library. She then turned to writing, and wrote out her own stories and observations, in an attempt to find new reading material. But even then she grew bored.

Finally her acceptance letter to Hogwarts arrived, and Miranda found herself over the moon with joy. Her Mother had long entertained her with stories about the school's magnificent library, and she couldn't wait to get started on reading all of the books contained within it.

Predictably, the first chance she had, Miranda went to visit it, and it was everything she'd hoped for. The sheer amount of books found within it was wonderful, impossible even. She couldn't wait to get started.

The first books she read were on magical creatures, but there was nothing there that she didn't already know from her studies at home at the farm, so she moved to books on her next favorite subject: Defense Against the Dark Arts.

What she read was fascinating, and best of all, it was new. Her memory wasn't good enough for her to remember most of the spells she read about, but she still devoured all the information she got her hands on, especially the stuff about dark creatures, since that had always been a point of interest for her.

Everywhere she went, you could find her reading books of all the subjects, learning history, how to care for plants, or dispel malevolent spirits. It was her passion, and anyone who knew her could clearly see that. Although her brother and her were best friends and got along well, he had never understood her love of knowledge. Adventures and daring exploits were all he had time for, so Miranda was glad for a chance to read in peace, without him disturbing her in order for her to help him take some of the Winged Horses for a trip (which they were forbidden from doing) or venturing out to scare themselves silly when going near the more dangerous creatures (another thing they were most definitely not allowed to do).

In fact, she found herself learning even more than ever before, a fact she attributed to the scholarly atmosphere found within the school walls. Soon, Miranda even found herself trying to actually attempt spells that were for the students a year ahead of her, something she'd never done before. In fact, she'd never even tried to learn a new spell, period, without adult supervision. All of the books she'd read about the possible dangers had made her cautious. But not anymore. While she didn't have much patience for the advanced Charms or Transfiguration spells, Miranda absolutely loved the ones she found on Defense Against the Dark Arts. She threw herself into reading them, with plans to attempt them at a later date.

Word count: 494

Stats:
(Werewolf)
Stamina: 7
Strength: 5
Arcane Power: 6
Accuracy: 5
New total: 35 (used to be 30)

Last edited by Miranda Everest on 3 Jul 2020, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

Stamina: 7 - Evasion: 6 - Strength: 5 - Wisdom: 6 - Arcane Power: 6-Accuracy: 5
Alpha of the Pack and Writer of the Celestious Chronicles