Register
Sign in
10 Mar 2019, 18:53
Those Pesky Little Bugs!  Gryffindors   Closed 
Professor Wright's love for plants is evident to everyone. Even taken up a position as Head of Gryffindor and leaving her role in teaching Herbology does not change anything. She simply brought the whole greenhouse with her. The Common Room got filled with plants, everywhere you look. Sadly, a huge number of plants start to attract lots of little bugs and insects. These insects want to eat all of her beautiful flowers! These insects were not good. They made everything look filthy and was concerning.

The change of temperature, moving from the grounds to the towers, has also not been very good for the plants. They, sadly, just need a lot of love and care to bloom. Unfortunately, Professor Wright cannot look after all of the plants on her own. As much as she would want to, she also has a job to do outside of them. 

When Professor Jensen spotted trails of insects heading towards the Gryffindor Towers, she had no choice but to call for help. A note appeared just outside the Common Room entrance.
Gryffindor Students,

I advise you take a few moments out of your evening to tend to the plants in the Gryffindor Common Rooms. There are far too many insects. Use the insect repellent bottles provided below. Spray a little onto the pots of the plants. Water them, tend for them. Use some of that Herbology knowledge you've been given to care for your Common Room.

On completion, you will be rewarded. I may not be a Gryffindor but trust me, I am aware of what happens in your house. I will reward those who do their part.

Professor Jensen,
Head of Slytherin

P.S. I suggest you treat the plants with care. Damaging or killing them may insult in a wrath that no one can save you from.
Underneath the noticeboard was a box that contained small bottles of insect repellent and a few empty bottles that people could fill with water.
OOC Information:
Prerequisite: Gryffindors students only. Threads must take place in the Gryffindor Common Room, Boy's Dorms or Girl's Dorms only.
Word Count Requirement: 200 words per post. 5 posts per person.
Group Type: Multiple Small Groups (2-4)
Reward: 5 House Points for each person who qualifies.

1. Find your group of Gryffindors. It's a good chance to RP with new people you haven't before.
2. Create your thread in the Gryffindor Common Room, Boys Dorm or Girls Dorm only.
3. Complete the errand.
4. Only one of you needs to fill out the form below and post it in here.

Once you've completed the errand with your group, you must fill out the form below.
Errand submission
Link to RP:
Participants:
You must have completed your posts by the 29th March to qualify for points as I will be awarding them on the 30th.

If there's any questions, please post them below or owl me.

Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects, and discovering other people's weaknesses.
STA: 15 | EVA: 9 | STR: 2 | WIS: 20 | AP: 10 | ACC: 14
Sixth Sense | Evasive Maneuvers | Perfectionist | Poison Resistance
11 Mar 2019, 01:16
Are we allowed to participate in two or more threads and get double the house points?

──────────────
AURELIA NOTRÉSVACE | new poem! | x
──────────────
“One can never be too careful,”
STM — 5 | EVA — 19 | STR — 5 | WSD — 12 | ARC — 5 | ACC — 9
Lovely Creature — Evasive Manoeuvres — Monster Hunter — Terrible Presence
11 Mar 2019, 01:30
Where do we fill out the form? In a comment in this post or in an owl?

*Bert Jones is male but his writer is not keep in mind while messaging
11 Mar 2019, 11:13
Aurelia Bezuidenhout wrote: Are we allowed to participate in two or more threads and get double the house points?
Unfortunately not, no. You can participate in more threads if you want but you'll only get the house points once. This is to match the other houses, which are limited to 5 points for their errand too.
Bert Jones wrote: Where do we fill out the form? In a comment in this post or in an owl?
In this thread please :) Just comment with the form once you're ready so I can easily keep track of the threads.

Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects, and discovering other people's weaknesses.
11 Mar 2019, 12:04
Link to rp: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5376
Participants: Aurelia Bezuidenhout, Scott Alexander, and Rowan Bane, Veronica Turner
Last edited by Rowan Bane on 13 Mar 2019, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.

Often lying, but not to you.
11 Mar 2019, 20:05
Do they have to be in the Boy's Dorm or can they be in sub forums like Nundu Villa?

"The only thing stronger than fear is curiosity"
Wanna Thread? Message me! || Sta 13 / Ev 20 / Str 2 / Wis 7 / Arc 15 / Acc 14 || Trunk || Font #9e8162 || Believe in yourself
11 Mar 2019, 21:21
Alan Vanes wrote: Do they have to be in the Boy's Dorm or can they be in sub forums like Nundu Villa?
I think you've already started it the subforum, right? It's fine there, as I can see it ~

28 Mar 2019, 15:05
Link to Errand: An Attempt in Vane(s)
Participants: Hugh Lowe and Alan Vanes

"The only thing stronger than fear is curiosity"
Wanna Thread? Message me! || Sta 13 / Ev 20 / Str 2 / Wis 7 / Arc 15 / Acc 14 || Trunk || Font #9e8162 || Believe in yourself
30 Mar 2019, 16:29
Errand Update
Under Great Care, Scott Alexander tended to the beloved flowers with a lot of care and love. He may not have liked the bugs on the flowers but he was willing to be guided and learn how to best look after them.

Hugh Lowe and Alan Vanes made An Attempt in Vane(s) to look after flowers. The brave Gryffindors tackled the spiders that they definitely were not afraid of. Of course not. Though they managed to flood the room with baubles, for some reason. Luckily they removed it before a Professor caught them.

Scott, Hugh and Alan - you have all been awarded 5 house points.

----

Rowan Bane, Aurelia Bezuidenhout and Veronica Turner - Sorry but you haven't hit the 5 post required (200 words each). 

Rowan, you have done 4 posts. Veronica, you have done 3 posts. Aurelia, one of your posts is under the 200 word count and so, doesn't count. 

As this errand was set up a little later than some of the other houses, I will grant you a small extension. You have until the end of 30th March to edit your post or complete the errand. Please reply here if you've made any changes and I'll check it tomorrow and award points, if required.

31 Mar 2019, 02:55
Posts edited

──────────────
AURELIA NOTRÉSVACE | new poem! | x
──────────────
“One can never be too careful,”
STM — 5 | EVA — 19 | STR — 5 | WSD — 12 | ARC — 5 | ACC — 9
Lovely Creature — Evasive Manoeuvres — Monster Hunter — Terrible Presence