Register
Sign in

26 Nov 2018, 16:54
Errands FAQs
The Errands System can be confusing, and students are likely to have questions on how the Errands System works. Any questions can be posted here for a Staff Member to answer and the thread will be updated with FAQs as time goes on.

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.

6 Jul 2019, 01:35
Errands FAQs
I'm planning on having my character skip out on the summer camp activities this school year (2019 Summer), and join in on the official storyline as a first year (Registration is a WIP) at the start of the 2019-2020 school year. However, I'd like to participate in the summer camp errands unofficially to earn some extra money. Is there a way for me to participate in the errands without including this summer in my character's official storyline? 

Carmilla Snickett was not here!

6 Jul 2019, 13:01
Errands FAQs
Carmillia Snippet wrote: I'm planning on having my character skip out on the summer camp activities this school year (2019 Summer), and join in on the official storyline as a first year (Registration is a WIP) at the start of the 2019-2020 school year. However, I'd like to participate in the summer camp errands unofficially to earn some extra money. Is there a way for me to participate in the errands without including this summer in my character's official storyline? 
Yes, of course. If you put an "IC Date" on your thread which is like early September then you can write this as though she joined in September, and did this during her first few weeks as a bit of extra money.

Taken from the Errand itself:

I'm not taking part in the Summer Camp, can I still do this errand?

Sure! Just go ahead and add an 'IC Date' at the top of your thread. In character, you can say that you're doing this errand just before you go back home for the summer or at the start of the new year.

Out of Character, your posts will only be counted in each real time calendar month. But you're welcome to use an IC date you like.

So you still have to write it in July or August but you can write it as though Carmillia is doing it in September. Hope that helps!

Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects, and discovering other people's weaknesses.
STA: 15 | EVA: 9 | STR: 2 | WIS: 20 | AP: 10 | ACC: 14
Sixth Sense | Evasive Maneuvers | Perfectionist | Poison Resistance

30 Sep 2019, 03:53
Errands FAQs
Someone told me that errands are currently closed, is that true? (Where would I find this information in the Errands channel?)

I am not, as chosen in my profile, female, but agender. I use the pronouns they/them. Thanks.

7 Nov 2019, 15:28
Errands FAQs
Are errands the only way to earn money??

STAMINA: 6 EVASION: 5 STRENGTH: 6 WISDOM: 7 ARCANE POWER: 5
ACCURACY: 6
Wren Caster
"The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave."

7 Nov 2019, 15:34
Errands FAQs
@Wren Caster

No, but they are one way to get money. You can get a sickle every day if you check in the Gryff girl dorms, and collect it. You can also get money by joining the newspaper team, or becoming prefect. A newspaper position just opened up, and I highly suggest you check it out if you're interested.

Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe....
Stamina: 12 ~ Evasion: 17 ~ Strength: 2 ~ Wisdom: 16 ~ Arcane Power: 4 ~ Accuracy: 16

7 Nov 2019, 15:45
Errands FAQs
@Xailah Alptraum
thank you so much!!

Wren Caster

7 Nov 2019, 16:08
Errands FAQs
Can you earn money by doing h/w? Someone mentioned to me that, maybe that is another way to earn money.

Wren Caster

7 Nov 2019, 16:09
Errands FAQs
I don't believe you can earn money through the homework system, but someone else can correct me if I'm wrong. ;) 

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground [T. Roosevelt]
Encyclopedia » [x] | Dialogue » #005F1C

7 Nov 2019, 16:11
Errands FAQs
@Thora Larkston
Thanks!

Wren Caster