Register
Sign in

22 Feb 2018, 05:34
Adalacia Podmore, First Year Gryffindor

Full Name: Adalacia Valerie-Skye Podmore.

Nickname/s: Addie, Ads, Lacy, CeCe, cia. 

Titles: Prefect of Gryffindor. 

Blood Status: Pure Blood.

Birth Date: August 18th 2007, ten after midnight. 

Birth Place: Appleby, England.

Hometown: Leicester, England. 

Parents: Gertrude Podmore (née Greengrass) & Charles Podmore II. 

Siblings: Judd Podmore (6)

Known extended family: Darlene & Charles Podmore, grandparents. 

Hair Color: Chestnut brown.

Hair Type: Thick & wavy. 

Hair Length: Waist length. 

Eye Color: Pale green. 

Height: Four foot nine (1.44 metres.) 

Weight: 70 lbs (5 stone) 

Build: Slim.

Distinctive Features: Adalacia has freckles, a lilted (or crooked) smile, and a dimple on her right cheek. 

PERSONALITY: 

Adalacia is an incredible recluse, but not by her own personal choice. With little to no social interaction throughout her childhood due to living in the middle of Leicester countryside she grew accustomed to enjoying her own company, thus making her not only strong willed but on most occasions stubborn to a fault. She doesn't like to be wrong, and it rarely ever happens to begin with as she is also fairly smart. Though at times she lacks in common sense (she tends to not filter what she says no matter who it may hurt) she is an avid reader, and loves to research the aspects of life she doesn't understand - her father, her best friend, always told her to question everything even if it seems legitimate.  

She can also be highly manipulative, and tends to get what she wants even at the cost of her own integrity. She knows how smart she can be, and is well aware how adults just assume she's simply naive - if it's an advantage, she'll take it without second thought. But truly she has a heart of gold, and loves to take care of others. She's hard to get along with at first, and comes of seemingly cold; but if you can wriggle your way under her skin, you not only have a friend for life but someone who would protect you with her life if need be 

PROS:

HEADSTRONG - DETERMINED - CARING - INTELLIGENT 

CONS:

MANIPULATIVE - COLD - PRIDEFUL - INSULTING

BEFORE HOGWARTS:

Before Hogwarts Adalacia (Ada-Lacy-Uh) Valerie-Skye Podmore lived with her parents and younger brother in a beautiful and large farm house on the outskirts of Leicester, England. Raised around many a magical creatures (all legally licensed of course) she prefers the company of these creatures, and herself over anything else. Her reclusive ways also may have to do with the fact that her own parents are recluses, having moved their selves and two children to the country side after an argument on the way they should raise their children with Mr. Podmore's parents (Adalacia's grandparents.)

Adalacia isn't aware of it, but the Podmore family is a long standing pure-blood family who were supporters of blood elitism. Her uncle (father's much older brother) was a huge supporter of muggle born eradication, as was much of her mother's family (Greengrass.) Her grandparents, both Slytherins, also held with these ideals viciously. Charles, Adalacia's father was just a young child at this time and did not have any involvement, mostly raised by the nanny as his parents grew more intrigued with their Ministry careers after his birth. When he was raised and about to leave the family home he was forced into an arranged marriage with Gertrude Greengrass to ensure that the Podmore pure blood line would remain existent. For her first four years his parents tried to force their way into his life, attempting to dictate how he should raise Adalacia (pure blood views wise.) In a fit of rage and confusion Charles moved his family to the countryside after receiving threatening letters from his brother, and refused to have any contact with his former family; going so far to even file something akin to a restraining order against his parents who threatened him with court action. 

Aware of the tension in her own family, Adalacia chooses to ignore her pure-blood status if only to avoid conflict, as she isn't a conflicting person in the least - strong willed, mouthy and wildly manipulative at times maybe, but not conflicting. 

She spent her winters indoors, reading and learning the ins and outs of magic from her parents (Mostly her father) and in the summer, her chores were plentiful as she was expected to help take care of the magical creatures her parents owned. When she had free time she played with Judd, went for rides on Hippogriffs or day dreamed by the old oak tree in the back yard. 

When she received her acceptance letter from Hogwarts she spent all night reading it over and over thinking about all the classes she would take - history of wizardry (being a history buff and all) Charms, something she was never good at but would love to improve, care of magical creatures... it was all so overwhelming for a young girl who grew up only knowing two over bearing parents, a younger by five years brother and magical animals who couldn't talk. But despite all this, she was ecstatic. For the first time ever she'd finally experience what living was truly like.

AFTER HOGWARTS:

It all started when Mr Ollivander placed her wand in her hand after trying so many that just didn't work, 28.3 centimeters, walnut wood and dragon heart string. It glowed in her hands instantaneously, and her heart felt like it was going to lurch out of her chest. Then came the sorting ceremony, where she wasn't sure she'd fit into any of the houses but Gryffindor proved to be the one and only place she belonged; her father had been a Gryffindor and though she would like to be able to compare herself to him, the strongest and kindest man she would ever know, it was hard to believe she was a fit for Gryffindor.

Young Adalacia Podmore, heir to the Podmore name and unbeknownst to her families dark past strives to be the best, both with her grades and with her friends. Now the Prefect for Gryffindor, something she never thought she would be capable of doing, her dreams are just within reach. 

AESTHETICS:

Year One

"It's all new. Dad said I'll get used to it, but I'm a little scared. I applied to be a Prefect, hoping word would get back to my parents so maybe they might write back a little more, be proud of me a little more. Nothing so far. But it's an okay job, I really enjoy interacting with the other's house's Prefects and getting to know my Professors more. I still have a whole year ahead of me, but I'm a Gryffindor. Got to be as brave and daring as possible, right? Even if I don't feel brave or daring, the house of the red doesn't make mistakes; I'm one of them, and I wouldn't want it any other way."

ImageImageImage

Last edited by Adalacia Podmore on 26 Feb 2018, 03:27, edited 1 time in total.

'Gryfect' Adalacia Podmore, the one and only!

22 Feb 2018, 05:37
| RELATIONSHIPS |

"The Perfect Prefect Pair"
Norah Mayfield - Slytherin

"She's very forward"

"She's such a mom"

"She's been all over the world"

"Needs to be protected at all costs"

"She is a bit of a hopeless romantic"

22 Feb 2018, 05:39
 | CURRENT RPG'S |

Dreaming - Hestia White

"I ran into Hestia in the ballroom. She was dancing, I was looking for a place to read quietly... I guess you could say neither of us minded the other's company."
(In Process)

"Chloe and I met at the lake. For a while there I thought she was making fun of me for being scared of the water, but eventually we just talked. It was nice. 
(In Process)

"Catching a Ravenclaw out past curfew is something I've never had to deal with, I'm supposed to give her detention, but Stassie Fresco? She's a pretty cool girl."
(In Process)

"The train ride to Hogwarts was cramped, awkward, but also sort of comforting. It made it easier to have other's to distract me, and these three girls are, well... interesting."
(In Process)

"Being a Prefect isn't an easy job, especially when Professor Mellowrose misplaces fluffy and blames Professor Trollope, only to drag you along for the ride."
(In Process)

"Study hall is a great way to make friends."
(In process)

"Alexander Varellion, Slytherin and resident know it all really makes me mad. I'd never be his lab partner again, even if my life depended on it." 
(
In Process)

"The great lake is where I first met Lucette, and though I don't make friends very easily I can definitely say this feels like the start of something amazing."
(In Process)