Register
Sign in

23 Apr 2024, 18:35
Where Can I Find A Moderator For My Duel?
So, I need a Moderator for a duel that me and a friend ae doing in the dueling club, does anyone know where to go so I can get one?

| "Not all those who wander are lost..." - J.R.R Tolkien|

23 Apr 2024, 18:36
It isn't a proper duel we were just going to do it for a RP

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.

23 Apr 2024, 18:44
Yeah, but we still need a moderator. Once I find one then I will Owl them when we want to start it during the RP. So, can anyone help?

23 Apr 2024, 19:00
Hello hello! Dueling Moderator/co-captain here.

For the sake of unofficial duels (as what I can tell is your current case), you can do your own moderations. So long as you and your partner are alright with the spells being cast (or the hits/misses) involved (you can involve RNG as much or as little as you like), the only rule is that you should have any spells you are attempting to cast in your character's encyclopedia trunk and that you follow the site regulations. Additional short guidelines for the dueling club can be found here. If you can find a third party willing to moderate a duel for you (I know we have some players that like doing this sort of thing), that's all the more power to you, but don't feel pressured to find someone to moderate if you're just doing this for the sake of fun. If you really want to find a third party someone to be an IC moderator, I suggest you post in the RPG Partners Request thread. You'll probably get your best chances of finding someone there.

Official duels attached to the sport of dueling are slightly different because they have higher stakes attached to IC and OOC rewards, which is what a specific team of moderators (the dueling captains and co-captains) are purposed for. In this instance we do have assigned moderators that are neutral parties to the dueling houses in question.

I hope I was able to answer your questions. Happy RP dueling to both of you!

iiiiiiiI'm a very dangerous man when I don't know what I'm doing.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ The 4th Doctor
| Piérre | Romeo | iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
| Chocco Froggos Shop! |iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

23 Apr 2024, 19:04
Thanks!

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.

23 Apr 2024, 19:55
Thanks for the help! Although I don't exactly know how to do self-moderations, can you help with that too?

23 Apr 2024, 23:02
If you want less RNG (eg; dice rolling), I would suggest talking over actions with your rp partner or otherwise coming up with a method of determining hits or misses (usually by the use of a coin flip for a hit or miss or rolling a d20 via Random Number Generator and adding your accuracy verses their evasion to determine a final total that will result in a hit or a miss). However, if you want a more in-depth method of rolling your duels, I can direct you to the dueling system thread here, which explains in detail how abilities, statistics, and the duelling sport works in its entirety (as of the latest patch).

Typically users like to have a 'choreographed' duel where they pre-decide hits or misses with their dueling partner, or like to make it simple with a 50-50 hit or miss rate to determine their luck with casting (these methods cut out a reason to make a wisdom check that is part of the more advanced duelling system sport). However, the limiting bar that you set for yourself is your own imagination, the sky is the limit if your partner agrees with proposals or methodology. Just don't go too crazy--no you aren't allowed to avada kedavra anyone, no you can't suddenly have an ability you didn't already have, no utilizing a sort of 'God mode' perfection sort of thing (remember that part of the fun is ensuring that others have fun as well, even at the expense of pride both IC and OOC), etc.

If you want to come up with a wacky new way to utilize your own abilities for the sake of dueling (for example saying that your Beast Master--for instance--allows your pet to have a sub-action in the dueling context) so long as they are not breaching the ability's actual purpose (see above) you can let roleplay dictate how your duel goes or how you moderate it. In other words, creativity is king--but mind the practicality and realism of it as well as IC and OOC expectations.

iiiiiiiI'm a very dangerous man when I don't know what I'm doing.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ The 4th Doctor
| Piérre | Romeo | iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
| Chocco Froggos Shop! |iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii