Register
Sign in

20 Apr 2024, 14:59
Giselle Lam/ First year/ HUFFLEPUFF
Name: Giselle Lam
Year: First
House: Hufflepuff

I, Giselle Lam, am a loyal, chatty, kind and a rather clever girl at magic at the contrary. I am a member of hufflepuff, the best house there is, because all are hardworking tirelessly as the key to success.

Main Traits:
I am a very eager girl who is interested at almost anything, and keen to learn. I am an extremely chatty girl and an extrovert. I am always eager to meet new people, and like to go on adventures. However, as my family always say, I have the exact makings of a just and loyal Hufflepuff, because I trust my friends very deeply and I am carefree and social, usually enjoying a lay-in. Some people say that I am too trusting, and sometimes I am, I don’t deny that.

Bad traits:
Sometimes as I am kind and chatty, I do have a negative side. I am very emotional and might be angry if one torments her friend and acts before thinking, as I pull out my wand and throw all the spells I knew at the person. Surprisingly, when I calms down, I will apologise for doing that to him/ her and get embarrassed. Well, it was only because my reckless personality had got the better of me.

Life before hogwarts:
I had a loving family. I am a halfblood, pure blooded father and muggle born mother, along with an active sister, name Evanna Lam. The family played many wizard games together, such as wizard chess and exploding snap. They were my favourite games, especially exploding snap. Usually, my grandparents played it, too! They were the best players of wizard games in the whole Lam’s family. When we played together, I usually lost, but I carried a very positive attitude, and when anyone was upset about losing, I insisted on another game and comforted them.

First instance of magic:

Being a witch, I had muggle neighbours who always bullied her because they thought she was too different. One time, I got too fed up with them, so I made a twig drop from a tree, hitting my neighbour’s kid’s heads. Their parents were furious that her children were hit on the head by a twig falling down, so their children were forbidden to go to any place, out of fear of that happening again. They were mostly kept at home after that, which pleased me, as there were no more bullies around me after that!

Appearance:
I am a decent-looking girl with bright blue eyes that shine brighter than a torch, long, wavy brown hair and fair skin. With my casual-looking appearance, I likes things that are natural, and don’t like it when things are too neat and tidy, like my twin sister does. I have small ears and nose, with pink lips that are often pale, but nobody- even I- knows why. Having curls in my curly-hair style was something I adore.

Additional information:

Favourite subject: Charms
My favourite subject is Charms because I finds it very entertaining. I like to learn new useful spells, and charms have a lot of these spells. They are the spells that can bring you a long way and make life easier, one thing I love. According to me, Charms is different to other classes as it contains many useful spells. For example, Accio can summon objects, which a witch or wizard can just lay there and catch the object while it zooms towards him! Another example is the levitation charm, Wingardium Leviosa, which can levitate objects, and can also be extremely useful in a duel. This charm is also a mix between Accio and Expelliarmus!

Wand: 28,4 Chestnut wood and dragon heartstring core, rather bendy.
url=https://imgbb.com/]Image[/url]

I am very fond of her wand. Dragon heartstring cores produce the most powerful and flamboyant magic, but that wasn’t why I am fond of it, nor because dragon heartstring cores match up with chestnut, my wand wood, the best. It was because no other people would have gained this wand, as Mr. Ollivander said, the wand chooses the wizard. That was the exact reason why I am so fond of it. It is unique, each and every one.

Family:
Father: Despite being a pure blooded wizard, my father is a very nice and kind wizard who supports muggle rights and stands up to those who don’t. Our family, the Lams, are blood traitors. Our family are wealthy and are able to give a lot of money to those in need. One of the kindest people I have ever met, this tall, thin and short-haired man is very fond of playing wizard games, such as exploding snap, wizard chess, gobstones etc. He wears black glasses and always wears a t-shirt. He works for the ministry of magic, and is in house Hufflepuff, just like me.

Mother: My mother is a muggle born witch, and a witty and brilliant one when she was young. As a hogwarts student, she had made lots of friends and is an extrovert. As an adult and mother to me, she is also one of the kindest people I had ever met. She puts her daughters’ priorities over her own personal needs, and would try to make me and my twin sister, Evanna, happy and joyful every day. However, she is not spoiling them, because she would tell them off severely and make her daughters feel truly sorry when they do anything wrong on purpose.

Twin Sister: My twin sister, Evanna, is not accepted to hogwarts like me. She was accepted to the Beauxbatons Academy of magic, which was a surprise that she got that letter instead of the hogwarts one. Nevertheless, my family had supported her and let her go to Beauxbatons. Even when they separated, me and Evanna were closer than ever, for we are twins, identical twins. Even after we parted, and both had made many friends at school, I still missed my sister very much, and so did my sister, I am sure.
Last edited by Atlas Anderson on 20 Apr 2024, 19:53, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Changed topic type to Characters (:

It doesn’t matter whether you succeeded or not, at least you tried.