Register
Sign in

7 Feb 2024, 12:55
I have a few questions! :)
Hey! I'm going to type all this out of character. I hope thats OK. Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong! I'm new :)

1) Is this the right place to ask OOC questions?
2) I would love to spend my time saving money to buy a Nimbus 2000! But how do I make money?
3) How do I join the Hufflepuff quidditch team?
4) How do I complete homework and classwork?
5) Can I bring my black cat to Hogwarts? His name is Marty :)
6) When I am roleplaying, am I able to talk to other users? Example:
"Sarah loved eating dinner in the beautiful Great Hall. She looked to her left and spoke to *User*.
I'm just not sure how that works.

I know this is a lot, sorry! Thanks for the help!

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - Albus Dumbledore

7 Feb 2024, 13:08
1) This forum is correct, but I do suggest putting your questions here moving forward.
2) You earn 10 Sickles a day by clicking the button at the topic of all the topics in your common room. You can also create a shop here, if you do banners or code. You’d charge what you want for them.
3) You will need to acquire 2 spells via HW, which becomes available after 20 posts and 10 days. Then you will need to fill out the form on your Team’s topic, located in the common room.
4) Once you meet the requirements I stated above, this unlocks. You can access the “Report Card” by clicking your profile picture at the top right, and on the menu it will be underneath “Account”
5) Nope, we have a pet system. You can buy a cat via our Pet System. Black Cats are 18 galleons. Read about our system here.
6) You can talk to other users during roleplay as long as you don’t godmod them. Here are the roleplay guidelines. Here is our RPG Partner request where you can post an “advertisement” with details about an idea for a RP, or you can owl others to join their RP ideas if one suits your interest.

Might I also suggest our Mentor Program here that can help you get started and learn more about the site!

7 Feb 2024, 13:23
Indeed, I invite you to join the mentorship program!

Here is a direct link to the quidditch sign ups in hufflepuff that @Sarai Toussaint mentioned. [Quidditch Sign Ups] found by going to Hufflepuff Common Room :love2: (you'll find more details and perquisites information in the first post)

Directly pinging in case she misses that there were replies. @Sarah Sailor

“There are people dying. Oh, and it's time to lend a hand to life, the greatest gift of all” - We Are The World (USA For Africa)

7 Feb 2024, 13:28
Ok this helps thank you! I might have read wrong but I believe I read somewhere that I can get money from doing homework? Or is that wrong?

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - Albus Dumbledore

7 Feb 2024, 13:29
you can get house points from homework, not money.

“We are impossibilities living in an impossible world.”

7 Feb 2024, 13:37
Sage is correct, you do not get money for doing homework. I believe I have also read the same thing as you but i'm not sure exactly where. Regardless, you only get house points for completing homework, and usually its automatic. (Speaking as a previous Professor :wink:)

Outstanding = 5
Exceeds Excellence = 4
Acceptable = 3
Poor = 2
Dreadful = 1
Troll = 0

(Additionally some Errands offer house points- errand forum)
---- Finding House Points/Points ---
When you go into the home page (quicklink: https://hogwarts.io), at the bottom of the page are four hourglasses. Those reset monthly but that is where your house points come into play. Your total amount of points earned are found on your profile where it says points earned

“There are people dying. Oh, and it's time to lend a hand to life, the greatest gift of all” - We Are The World (USA For Africa)