Reducio
Stamina: 6
Evasion: 6
Strength: 5
Wisdom: 9
ArcPower: 5
Accuracy: 4

Character Backstory:
Eirunn is the only child of the Byrne family, one of the poorer magical households in the Irish countryside. Her mother, Aud, works as a tailor for the magical community of Kenmore. Rolf, her father, is a fisherman and Eirunn would join him in his skiff, often sneaking out of the home school lessons that her mother would give in the evenings.

Her mother’s homeschooling covered all of the usual basic topics such as reading, writing, and maths. The only indoor lesson that Eirunn could consistently sit for was potions. She enjoyed searching for the ingredients along her family’s coastline and discovering their uses. If only that fascination and aptitude would have crossed over into cooking… It's fortunate that potions aren’t meant to taste good. When on the skiff, her father would teach her the basics of runes, using the ones engraved in the hull as examples. While not proficient, she knows enough to not blow herself up.

In her free time, Eirunn explores the coastline and surrounding forest of her home with her parents. Her pockets will be crammed with all sorts of interesting treasures, anything from shiny rocks to irritated crabs. No, it's not a smart decision. No, that won't stop her.

On the days that the Byrnes go into the magical side of Kenmare, Eirunn often spends most of her afternoons with Niamh. Niamh’s family are artisans, and it’s been that way since their ancestors’ day. Despite their differences, Eirunn and Niamh are best friends and can often be seen running around the marketplace, mud splattered and giggling.

First Instance of Magic:
She was nine, and wanted to keep a crab as a pet. She got mad when her father said no, and she ended up turning the crab purple.
The first page of your encyclopedia cannot be the trunk page. Please, make sure the trunk is not the first post before I can proceed with your application.

Pinging would be much appreciated when responding to me (:

14 Mar 2024, 03:47
Index Registration
Character name (First and last name): Autumn Caballero
School Year or Adult Level: First Year
Link to the character page: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=31575
Character Statistics:
Reducio
Evasion:6
Strength:5
Wisdom:6
Arcane Power:6
Accuracy: 6

Character Special Race/Talent: Human

Character Backstory:
Reducio
Before coming to Hogwarts, I was a quiet person amongst a family of 4 including me, Mother and Father and older brother. I had average grades at a public school in Manchester. I was fairly average at sports. My favourite was what the muggles call ‘soccer or football’ depending on where you come from. I had never heard of Quidditch until I heard it being chatted about everywhere when I was in contact with the wizarding community and now at Hogwarts. My parents are both muggles. They work as an electrician and a primary school teacher. My brother works as a construction worker. I have a tight knit relationship with my family. We never had pets at home since everyone was working all the time. They freaked out when I first got my acceptance letter from an owl of all animals, most of which were known to be nocturnal. No one that I know in my family ancestry has magic. I keep to myself a lot and have a wonder for all this new magical experience as a muggle-born. I don't make friends easily because I am quite timid. But once the students get to know me I love to chat and hang out. I love to learn and explore waiting to see what this other magical world has to offer. Hogwarts will be an adventure.

First Instance of Magic:
Reducio
On my 7th birthday, We have been living in Manchester, England since I was born. Was at a park that was close to my house and so my parents let me go without their supervision occasionally. I was playing on the swings when I swung too high and let go, my stomach lurching as I launched myself off the swings in the air towards the mulchy ground. My breath got caught in my throat as I closed my eyes waiting for the impact, or to feel the hard ground connect, but it never came. I opened my eyes. I was floating! In a state of surprise, I slowly floated down safely to the ground. Looking around there weren't any kids near me but my brother was coming to pick me up as I was late for lunch. We told my parents with shocked expressions on everyone's faces. None of us believed it until i got my letter on my 11th birthday.
- Your backstory needs to be 220 words long on its own, the first instance of magic does not count towards that
Last edited by Autumn Caballero on 30 Mar 2024, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.

16 Mar 2024, 10:13
Index Registration
Character name (First and last name): Lithaen Galathynius
School Year or Adult Level: First year
Link to the character page: here
Character Statistics:
Reducio
Stamina: 5
Strength: 4
Wisdom: 4
ArcPower: 6
Accuracy: 5
Total Stats: 30

Character Backstory:
Reducio
Lithaen was born in Edinburgh, Scotland. She grew up with her twin brother and two older brothers. Her parents were happily married and they were a happy little family. Her parents had a little farm with a few muggle animals and some magical creatures. They liked to live self-sufficient - to do everything on their own. They did have a house-elf though. A grumpy old elf called Cooky.

Due to a stupid disease her twin brother died. He was (although he was never sorted) a true Ravenclaw by heart and he was the smartest person in their family. Unfortunately he got Dragon Pox. A (potentially) fatal disease that could affect witches or wizards. Lithaen was heartbroken. She never expected she was about to attend Hogwarts alone. She was always looking forward to explore the castle with her twin brother.

On her eleventh birthday, she got her Hogwarts letter. Although she really wanted to attend Hogwarts with her brother, she was still excited she could attend the school at all. She was still heartbroken, but she felt she now had to life for the both of them. She had to make twice as much fun and needed to do everything to make her twin proud.
Therefore she attended the school with pride and confidence. Once she arrived, she got sorted into Gryffindor, just as she had expected.

First instance of magic:
Reducio
Lithaen was 5 years old when she experienced her first instance of magic. Her family slept and the power felt of. Lithaen was scared and didn't know what to do, until she created a light of her own. She felt surprised, as she had no clue of what was happening.

Race (seer) application
Reducio
The Galathyinus family had always been a family with pure bloods. As far as they know, there has never been a muggle relation. There were, however, seers in their family. The grandmother of Lithaen was a seer, her grandmother was a seer too and her grandmother too. Nobody really knows who the first seer in their family was, though the family started to document about the ‘gift’ since about 200 years ago. All the seers in the Galathynius family were woman. The first documented pieces of parchment were some diary fragments from Elentiya Galathinius and said the following.

February 4th, 1830 - Dear diary,

I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Today is my 16th birthday and I woke up saying mother would die today. At first I was shocked, but then I figured it wouldn’t come true. It just couldn’t. I only had some strong intuitions so far, so this probably means nothing. I have to go now, father is calling me.

Elentiya

February 5th, 1830 - Dear diary,

The unthinkable happened. Mother died. Just the way I predicted yesterday. I’m heartbroken and very confused. How was I able to predict such a thing?

Elentiya

The other documented records were diary fragments too. Two years after the death of her mother, Elentiya discovered being a seer. She married a few years later and had a son, without the gift. His daughter, however, was a seer and Elentiya taught her everything she needed to know. Her granddaughter, named Nesta, did the same to her granddaughter and so the story continues. All of the Galathynius women did great prophecies.

Back in 2022 the grandmother of Lithaen predicted something horrible. The death of her grandson, Chaol -Lithaens twin. She predicted would die of dragon pox. Nobody really liked to believe her, but it turned out to be true. The family was heartbroken and at first they all blamed grandmother for her prophecy, although they obviously knew that she couldn’t do anything about it. She was just a seer and she couldn’t change the future.

Lithaen didn’t know back then she was a seer too. She still doesn’t know, though she does have great intuition and weird dreams she can’t seem to understand. Once her dreams started, just after Chaols death, it was her who tried to reconnect with her grandmother. Her grandmother told her that her dreams and all her intuition could be a sign of her being a seer, although she isn’t of course sure yet. Now Lithaen tries to write down all her intuition, to see if it brings her somewhere. To see if she will be right. Her intuitions are mainly about her classes and her classmates. She had a feeling, for example, her classmate would turn sick and the next day he was. The intuitions aren’t really big or important, but to her they are. To Lithaen they are sign that she might be a seer. A sign that she might be like her grandmother and Lithaen still doesn’t know what to think about it. Should she be happy? Her grandmother did predict the death of her own brother after all. She is not sure she want to be able to predict something like that..
Last edited by Lithaen Galathynius on 18 Mar 2024, 14:28, edited 2 times in total.

16 Mar 2024, 23:36
Index Registration
Character name (First and last name): Scarletta Davis (Full name: Scarletta Fos Davis)
School Year or Adult Level: Year 1
Link to the character page: beep 4u!
Character Statistics:
Stamina 4 | Evasion 5 | Strength 4 | Wisdom 6 | ArcPower 6 | Accuracy 5
Character Special Race/Talent: Metamorphmagus
Application: (881/500w)
Reducio
Scarletta comes from a pure blood family. Her mother is Isa Stansfield, and in her family line, there are still, many metamorphs. It all started centuries ago, when the first descendant of what would be the Stansfield family, 8 year old Alba, was striding down the street, walking back to her home by the sea. She was a pure blood, just like most others in her family. Alba loved the sea. Especially the sunrise at sea. After all, her name means dawn. As she walked, she thought of the sea. The salty smell of it filled her nostrils, and for a moment, she felt as if she was the sea. It felt amazing. She opened her eyes, and kept walking. Then Alba saw a friend, the daughter of a family her parents had met at Hogwarts. "Hello!" She said, as she skipped by. Her friend returned the greeting, but then asked what had happened to her eyes. "What do you mean?" Alba asked. Normally her eyes were brown. Now they were the green-blue of the ocean. "What do you mean, what do I mean?" Her friend asked. "They're the green-blue of the sea!" At this, Alba was shocked. "What?! How? Are you serious?" She cried. "Dead serious." Her friend answered. "Why, you didn't do this yourself?" "No!" Alba wailed. "I mean, I must have, but how?!" Then she ran home. As she passed the beach, she saw someone, again. This time she didn't know the person, so she was not really afraid of strange comments. She kept going, as she saw the the person throw an empty can of something on the sand. Alba loved the beach, and the ocean, and the sea, and the hated it when people polluted it. She couldn't do magic yet, but when she could, she vowed, she'd hex anyone who ever dared do anything that could be harmful to the beach, sea, and sea creatures. Now though, she stomped over. 'What are you throwing that can on the beach for?" She said angrily, scowling. The stranger replied, "None of your business, now is it young lady?" At that, Alba became angry. "As a matter of fact it is. You are killing creatures, plants, and people by polluting the beach!" She said, louder this time. The young man chuckled a dry chuckle. "I'd get along home if I were you then, so the sand here doesn't have to resist you here any longer." Alba was furious. She didn't care about keeping her voice down anymore. Anger was boiling up. "Don't. You. Dare. Tell. Me. I. Do. Not. Belong. Here!" She shouted as hard as she could. The man didn't laugh anymore. He was staring-behind her? "What are you staring at?" Alba demanded. "What happened to your hair?", the stranger gasped. "What? What happened?" She said, sounding now more anxious than furious. He answered, "when you shouted at me, it turned red. Now it's the same color as the sea, the same color as your eyes." Alba gasped. This was too much. Alba was a metamorphmagus. Like her name, dawn was the beginning. The first change, of many to come. Without another word, she picked up the can, and ran home.

From the on, Alba's descendants were almost always metamorphmagi. The biggest gaps between 2 metamorphmagi was one generation. Scarletta, was, after many others, also destined to that fate. Just like her mother, and her grandmother, and many others in her mothers family line, starting from Alba. And even if they weren't metamorphmagus, they would always have eyes the color of the sea.

Scarletta found out about her talent on her 8th birthday. Of course, before that some small signs had appeared, though it was not clear if those were actual signs of her being a metamorphmagus, or not. So the real discovery of her powers had waited until today. Scarletta ran down the stairs and into the living room, as she always did on her birthday. Her presents were scattered across the sofa, and breakfast was made and on the table. She ran over to her parents and sister and hugged them, as they wished her a happy birthday. Then, she ate breakfast quickly, and went to the couch, where her parents stood waiting for her to open her presents, a smile on their faces. As Scarletta opened her first present, she felt something. She felt lucky, and loved, and happy, and sad, and wishing she could be like the sea, like the ocean. The vast expanse of salt water with all it's freedom. To flow it's own way. As Scarletta thought these things, she felt some sort of light. The light to be who, and what she wanted. And then, her hair turned the color of freedom, of light, of salt, of her eyes, of the sea. And there her metamorphmagus life began. Her mother was very pleased that the family tradition was kept alive by her daughter. As she was a metamorphmagus, she taught her as best she could how to control her abilities, though she had a hard time doing so until her 11th birthday. By then, she could change her appearance at will, whenever she wanted. She was also pretty good at not changing her appearance when she had emotional outbursts, or panicked.
Character Backstory:
Reducio
Before Hogwarts:
Scarlet's family consists of her parents and little sister. Her parents are Isa Stansfield and Wilston Davis-though mostly known as Bill or Will. They are 42 and 45 years old. Scarlet's sister's name is Sophia. She is 3 years and 10 months younger than her.

Scarlet grew up in a house in the outskirts of London, and knew the city very well, despite the fact that it is very big. From her 5th to 6th birthday she went to a prep school, but did not go there for a long time, as her parents chose to keep homeschooling her instead, given to the fact that in the spring of that year, she showed her first instance of magic. Scarlet traveled to many places before her 10th birthday, and made many international friends, though she never stayed anywhere more than a year. But after that time her parents decided that it was time to start teaching her in a different way, using mostly books, parchment and quill, because they thought it would be a better approach as she was going to start school in a year. She got assignments given to her by her parents, which she did using the books for her future school year. When her 11th birthday had finally arrived, she received her Hogwarts acceptance letter, and threw a big party in which she invited not only some people from London, but also all of her international wizard friends! After a couple days though, she had to say goodbye to them all, and 20 days later it was time to pack up. The next day, on September 1st, she bade her parents farewell, and her Hogwarts journey began.
First Instance of Magic:
Reducio
Scarletta was five years old, and spring had arrived. She, her parents and her sister(who was only 1 year old at the time) went to the British Museum. It was an ordinary Saturday, and also Scarletta's favorite day of the week. They were looking at famous paintings, and even saw the Rosetta Stone, as her little sister vanished from sight. Her parents had let her walk alone a little distance, and let Scarletta take care of her. Almost immediately Scarletta noticed she wasn't with her anymore. She frantically looked around, Sophia couldn't have been far. She looked at the other side of the room, where she found her sister. She was dangerously close to the steep flight of stairs leading down to the lower levels! And then Scarletta saw it. Her prep school enemy. She was about to push her little sister down the stairs! The girl smirked at her. "Don't!" Scarletta shouted, "Don't you dare touch my sister!" But the girl did. She pushed little Sophia down. For a second, everything seemed as if in slow motion. Scarletta ran, outraged, but mostly scared. As she reached the stairs she jumped, not thinking of herself, only about her sister. She caught her sister just before she was going to hit the ground, but instead of hitting the ground like a rock, she hit the ground like a feather. As if a cushion had been placed under her just in time. But that wasn't all. Her nemesis was still there, laughing. She's paying for this. Scarletta thought angrily, but was immensely relieved of how things had gone. She stormed back up the stairs, the girl still laughing; "Aahaaahaaahaa, no better way to make a fool out of yourself, is there? Haaha." But her laughter didn't last long, because her coat caught fire! "EEEK!!!" She yelled. But the fire was already out, and Scarletta and her sister were gone.
You are currently missing a trunk post.
Please pick a birthdate between September 1st 2011 and August 31st 2012.
Last edited by Scarletta Davis on 17 Mar 2024, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

Don't judge a book by it's cover. Judge a book by it's words. | If we stand together, we can do anything.

17 Mar 2024, 08:43
Index Registration
Character name (First and last name): Lorcan McCoire
School Year or Adult Level: 1st Year
Link to the character page: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=31622
Character Statistics: Stamina: 4 | Evasion: 6 | Strength: 0 | Wisdom: 8 | Arcane Power: 5 | Accuracy: 7
Character Special Race/Talent: Werewolf Application.
Reducio
[Colin gave me permission to use this speech/godmod his character] "Come on, Liam!" shouted Colin to his twin. "I want to go up to the old stone cottage!" This was the beginning of the best and worst day of Lorcan’s life. From the other room Lorcan was peering in from the wall to see exactly what his other siblings were up to, and by the sounds of things, Colin and Liam had another adventure planned. Even Ciarán was excited because when Colin and Liam came up with plans, it normally ended up with them all playing some sort of made up game together. Games were fun and all, but Lorcan was feeling a bit tired and wasn’t sure if he could keep up with his siblings' energy. It was chaotic at times, even tiring from trying to keep up with the others, and Lorcan didn’t mind the thought of staying in to read a good book.

Minutes after Lorc’s siblings were off on their adventure, he sat down at the edge of his bed with a comic book in their hands. Of course the McCoire’s had an assortment of comics, even some that the muggles created. His favorite muggle superhero is Spider-Man. The fact that someone could sling webs and fly around with them amazed him, so he always asked for those comics first. Before he could even get comfortable on the bed, he began to think of the fun that his siblings were getting into, which caused him to think of all the fun games they played together. The thought of fun made him place the book on the bed, then he decided to walk outside to meet up with the others. Little did Lorcan know that his life would change forever on his way to find Liam, Colin, and Ciarán.

Once the young boy made their way outside the house and started walking through the yard, the sound of Liam, Colin, and Ciarán could be heard in the distance. They couldn’t have gotten too far with the little amount of time that Lorcan spent inside while they were already heading to the stone cottage. He stopped at the treeline to examine the best way through and that was when he spotted a small opening, where he had to duck below some branches before entering the woods. The sun was already heading towards the horizon, leaving Lorc with a short amount of time before the sunlight would vanish. The thought of being alone in the woods irked him, but Lorc was not going to stop now because he really wanted to see what the others were getting into.

As Lorcan continued through the dense brush of the woods, the sounds of screaming came from the distance. “Ciarán?!” He shouted, and quickly took off in a sprint to where the sounds were coming from. With the young boy focused on the safety of their family, Lorcan was not paying any attention to what was watching him from afar. Two golden eyes pierced through the wooded area and watched as the boy was running with everything they had. In a split second the pair of eyes jolted forward, weaving in and out of the trees that rose from the earth below with one thing on their mind. Food, yummy, delicious food. Lorcan had no idea what was about to happen because the only thing he was worried about was Liam, Colin, and Ciarán. Before he could even reach the stone cottage, that was when he was struck from the right, which caused him to stop in their path and hit the ground from the sudden impact.

The creature pounced on the boy, digging their claws into their back, while chomping down on Lorcan’s shoulder. The pain was immense and enough to cause the boy to scream in pain. The voice echoed throughout the woods and was more than likely unheard. But before the wolf could finish him off, there was a loud yelp that came from the distance that caused the creature to look up and howl. There was no howl in return, so the wolf felt like there was something wrong, leaving the boy to die and possibly come back later to feed. Unfortunately for the wolf, Lorcan was found shortly after by Ciarán, Liam, and a very injured Colin, who was also wounded from what looked like a wolf.

When Lorcan finally woke up from being unconscious for what seemed like days, he blinked a few times and looked to his right to see Seanmamó wrapping up Colin’s wounds with gauze. With what little energy Lorc had left in him, he glanced down at where the wolf bit down only to see it was wrapped up as well. Mamó had already taken care of the wounds and wrapped him up nicely just as she was currently doing for Colin. He didn’t bother saying anything because the questions he had floating in his mind would be answered when Locan was feeling better. Now it was time for the young boy to rest and heal up. Thanking Liam and Ciarán would ultimately be something he needed to do and that too would come when the young boy was fully healed.

859 Words.

Character Backstory:
Reducio
Lorcan McCoire is the twin to Ciarán and they were the youngest of Clan McCoire that lived in the Highlands. In total, there were indeed too many for Lorcan to keep count of them all! Moria was the oldest he knew of and probably one of the whackier of the bunch, at least that is what Colin always told Lorcan because he was a bit too young to remember their older sister and her behaviors. As for Colin and Liam, both of them were probably the most adventurous of the whole family, always finding themselves playing games and just enjoying their time together. They were nearly inseparable and always hard to tell who was who! They looked too much alike and always made things confusing, but that was until Colin began to mess with different hairstyles that helped everyone make sure others could tell them apart. When it came to Angus and Alex, they were also a very playful pair of twins who happened to enjoy the games Colin and Liam played together as well.

As for the head honchos of Clan McCoire, that would be their father Lewis Liam and the children’s Great-Great-Great Grandmother Moria, or as everyone else calls her, Seanmamó. Mamó for short, but she was super old and probably the coolest old person that Lorcan came across. Her stories were the thing that kept him around most of the time because to him it was always interesting hearing other people’s perspective on life experiences. As for their mother Isobel Aquamarine, she worked for the Ministry of Magic and spent a lot of time in London. She did have a very fancy office at the house, which happened to be so big that random people would end up lost within its very walls. The Chief of their clan was Lewis Liam and he may have been labeled as a Tinker of sorts, but the man was so much more than that! He was brilliant with charms and even started selling items that he charmed himself. Some of his best work is with kitchen appliances to make things much easier for when it comes to dinner time.

When it came to Lorcan and his twin sister’s relationship, he was a very protective person and wanted nothing but the best for each and every one of them. Even at such a young age the twins were always interested in what the other siblings had going on, whether it be them chatting, or another fun game they could all play together. One thing that Lorcan did know is that he would end up being very protective of his family. Even their cousin who goes to Hogwarts, Lily McCoire would see that Lorc is protective. Technically, Lily was the McCoire’s cousin, but after a tragic accident with their parent’s, Clan McCoire was the first to happily accept Lily as their very own.

First Instance of Magic:
Reducio
Lorcan was only ten years old when their first experience with magic occurred. It happened to be late at night and Lorc was minding their business, reading a comic book that was given to him a long time ago. As he was deep into the comic, Liam snuck up on their little brother and quickly snagged the book and ran off. “Oi, why you little!” Lorc lashed out and started running after their older brother. He chased Liam through the large house in pursuit of the comic book, only to turn the corner and slam into a small table that supported a lamp, which caused Lorcan to slide on the floor just to crash and burn with a loud thud. With tears in their eyes and anger on their mind, Lorc looked at the table and the now broken lamp on the floor. In the blink of an eye, the table exploded, splintering into millions of pieces across the floor. “Uh oh! Perfect chance to blame this on Liam for being a big brat.” He thought to himself, while sucking the tears back up. Lorcan had no idea what happened, but he did know that he was going to tell on Liam and make sure they were blamed for the whole incident.

• Please note permission from Colin McCoire to write/godmod their character in your werewolf application.
Last edited by Lorcan McCoire on 19 Mar 2024, 23:12, edited 5 times in total.

Slytherin isn't a mark of evil. It's a mark of power

17 Mar 2024, 10:00
Index Registration
Character name (First and last name): Emily Shephard
School Year or Adult Level: First Year
Link to the character page: viewtopic.php?t=31631
Character Statistics:
Reducio

Evasion: 5
Strength: 6
Wisdom: 7
Arcane Power: 5

Character Backstory: Emily was born on 8th September 2011 to Patricia and Arthur Shephard. She grew up in a large house owned by her wealthy yet extremely busy parents, whom she'd seldom see a lot of the time (her mother, a global fashion designer, would be home once a week while she'd only see her father, a businessman, twice a year due to their demanding work). Every so often, Emily would travel between Belfast and England in response to her parents' work if it ever called for it. As a result of her parents' absence she was often looked after by their maid, who was kind and patient with her growing up, whom she favourably nicknamed "Auntie". Since being raised by "Auntie", Emily is more kinder, respectful and compassionate to the people around her and isn't warped by her parents' attitude towards wealth and status. Instead of focusing on a high standing career like the rest of her family, she focused on fitting in with the rest of her peers, having more respect for them than the people that were meant to be taking care of her - it became apparent that the neglect from Emily's parents helped her to branch away from the rigid expectations she would have otherwise been forced to adhere to. She went to a standard primary school where she thrived and made good friends who respected her for her kind and loving nature.
First Instance of Magic: She accidentally broke a mirror when she got upset over how someone at school mocked her for her looks at age 10 at school in England. Once she felt angry, the mirror began to shake and shattered violently. The mirror was broken into a million pieces though luckily no one got hurt during the event.
  • As a human, your stat points should add up to 35. They currently add up to 30, so please edit your stats so they add up to 35.
Last edited by Emily Shephard on 19 Mar 2024, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Be Yourself - Emily Shephard

19 Mar 2024, 16:33
Index Registration
Character name: Aqma Sagaxa
School Year or Adult Level: First year
Link to the character page: Ency
Character Statistics: stamina: 5 | evasion: 5 | strength: 4 | wisdom: 9 | arcpower: 6 | accuracy: 6
Character Special Race/Talent: N/A
Character Backstory:
Reducio
The Sagaxa clan is an old pure-blood family originating from Central Asia. Lore has it that this family was founded by Hun wizards that came to Europe centuries ago during their invasion. Later, the family assisted Ghengis Khan in his adventures during the Middle Ages. This alienated the family from the rest of the European wizarding world, as they were seen as traitors. Forced to flee from Southern Europe to the remote highlands of Scotland, the family still managed to make a good name for itself by founding a business in the eighteenth century that took care of magical creatures from every corner of the world, specialising in winged horses and hipogriffs. Nonetheless, to this day, the clan keeps to itself, choosing to come in contact only with other pure-blood families.

Aqma is the only child of Rose and Alasdair Sagaxa. Although she was born in Edinburgh, she resides in the Sagaxa Manor, which is located in the Scottish outskirts, with a farm filled with various magical beasts built nearby. Surrounded by the mountains, Aqma lived a mostly isolated life before Hogwarts, only having her grandparents, uncles, aunts, and younger cousins, who all live in the same house as her, be her social circle. Even then, she preferred the company of books or magical creatures growing up. At the very least, such an upbringing helped her gain theoretical knowledge far exceeding that of her peers.

On rare occasions, Aqma had the opportunity to socialise with other young pure-blood wizards. She made close bonds, spending the later parts of her childhood visiting her friends across the country, discovering nature together, and playing as children do. Unfortunately for her, however, all of her friends enrolled in Durmstrang, leaving Aqma bitter about her parents’ decision to send her to Hogwarts.

First Instance of Magic:
Reducio
When she was three years old, Aqma loved playing with her grandfather’s enchanted pendant. However, realising how dangerous it might be for a toddler to play with such a thing, her grandfather had put it on a top shelf, far out of Aqma’s reach. Upset, she was about to throw a tantrum until she accidentally summoned the pendant right into her hands. She does not remember the event clearly, but her parents and grandparents certainly do, as they would often bring that up to both her and any guests they would have to brag about Aqma’s “outstanding” talent being shown at such a young age.

stamina: 5 | evasion: 5 | strength: 4 | wisdom: 9 | arcpower: 6 | accuracy: 6

19 Mar 2024, 17:55
Index Registration
Character name (First and last name): Alice de Villiers
School Year or Adult Level: First
Link to the character page: viewtopic.php?p=945117#p945117
Character Statistics:
Stamina: 5
Strength: 0
Wisdom: 6
ArcPower: 10
Accuracy: 8
Character Special Race/Talent: None, Human.
Character Backstory:
Reducio
Alice grew up in a wealthy wizarding family in France, but it was far from an easy, elegant lifestyle. Her every need was met. She dined well, her clothes were quite nice, and her mother loved her - in her own way, at least. Her mother's husband - Alice's stepfather - was a bit colder, but even he provided everything she needed. Even so, she always felt just a tad bit lonely.

She only existed as a result of a short affair between her mother and an Englishman, and most of her family was always quick to remind her of that fact.

Her six older siblings, with one exception, treated her coldly. They weren't outright mean to her - not directly, at least - but they were very businesslike in their dealings with their little half-sister. They would discuss matters such as her studies and her effects on the family's reputation, but they would not bond with her on a personal level. With this coldness came expectations: Alice had to be perfect, and anything else was harshly criticized.

Lucienne was the one bright spot in the sickeningly perfect world in which Alice grew up. Whenever the five others would make her feel like an outsider, Lucienne stepped in to pick up the pieces, offering words of comfort, hugs, and unconditional love.

That only changed when Alice met her real father. Her mother only agreed to allow it because of Luci's summer-long insistence. The meeting went perfectly, in a sense. Alice immediately connected to her father, so much so that when she left, she showed her first ever sign of magical potential by defenestrating her mother and locking the door by complete accident.

It was decided soon after that she would instead live with her father in England. He made arrangements with her mother that she would provide financially for their daughter's magical education at the UK's magical school: Hogwarts. Alice was ten when she moved there, and her father was happy to have her. They had years to catch up on, after all.

Luci was the only one to truly say goodbye to Alice when she moved to England, and she's now the only one who regularly writes and returns letters. Sure, Alice's mother was there to see her off, but there was no tear-filled goodbye.

First Instance of Magic:

Reducio
As a child, Alice was assumed to have no magical potential. For starters, her actual father was a muggle. Then, she reached the age of eight without a single display of any sort of magic. It was at ten, when she was first introduced to her actual father that her abilities finally surfaced.

As it turned out, her mother had met her father whilst traveling to England for work. She'd soon learned she was pregnant and returned to France, leaving Alice's father all too ignorant of his coming child.

She'd first been so nervous to meet her father. She had no reason to be. After all, she'd studied English extensively in preparation, and England wasn't that far from Paris, so there was little to worry about. Still, intrusive thoughts gnawed at the back of her mind. What if he didn't want a daughter? What if he didn't want her as a daughter? Wouldn't he have reached out by now?

Alice had always assumed he wasn't keen to meet her, so when he'd pulled her into a hug as soon as he'd seen her, she was amazed that someone other than Luci could be so warm toward her. They went on to talk about everything, from her father's career to her own homeschooling.

The visit was short, only an hour or so, but when her mother tried to lead her outside so that they could leave, Alice threw her first ever temper tantrum, which ended in her mom being shoved magically away from her and the door to the small house slamming itself shut and locking. She had no control over any of it, but it was clear that the event was shaped by her desire to stay.

Her mom decided - with much probing from Luci - to simply ship Alice to her father's house to live.
Please also copy your first instance of magic over to your encyclopedia.

24 Mar 2024, 00:55
Index Registration
Character name (First and last name): Matthew Campbell
School Year or Adult Level: First
Link to the character page: Portkey
Character Statistics: sta • 6 | eva • 6 | str • 1 | wis • 8 | arc • 9 | acc • 5
Character Special Race/Talent: Human

Character Backstory:
Before Hogwarts Matthew always did well in school yet was constantly called a trouble-maker so kept mostly to himself, however, when he was at home he would really come alive as he had the best family you could ask for. Always being called trouble led him to decide that he might as well be who people told him he was so he started breaking rules early. He was a keen musician and would play the piano or guitar for his parents at any opportunity and had a voice to match, music became a safe haven for him.
Matthew was born to Patrick and Holly Campbell but shortly after he was born his mother passed away. For a while his father struggled to be a single dad until he met his new partner Sean who instantly fell in love with the both of them and they have looked after 'Matty' as they call him since he was 5 together. Patrick is an artist and Sean a lawyer and they struggled for a long time financially but recently have provided Matthew with a comfortable life, getting to travel to places abroad for art shows. When Matthew started to show his magical ability and a professor from Hogwarts school of wizardry came to invite him to attend the school his parents were worried about what it would mean for them all but have allowed him to go despite their worry after many hours of pleading. He worries how his dad will be without him as he is the only thing he has left of his mother but he is looking forward to making memories with people that understand him fully.
Matthew is fiercely independent when it is necessary but also loves with his entire heart when someone earns his trust. He sees the world is his own chaotic way and loses himself in his imagination often. Matthew has spent his entire life feeling different from everyone around him and now he is beginning to understand why that was and so plans to throw himself at every opportunity to study magic possible. Before he was introduced to the idea of magic his world felt very small but now it seems bursting with possibility. Having grown up in a single father household for the start of his life he is used to not growing up with much despite his father's now being able to support him comfortably he grew up fairly poor and so is used to being looked down on. Rather than taking this as a negative he allows it to be something to be proud of, he is as proud to have come from very little as he is to be muggleborn and won't let anyone tell him otherwise. Matthew has a dark side to him that he pulls on when necessary but generally he wishes the best on whoever he meets. Getting older he also has started to feel responsible for his mother's death and so he talks to her often holding on to her wedding ring that hangs around his neck on a chain.

First Instance of Magic: It was a regular, miserable, rainy day around in Glasgow when Matthew, age 6, was walking home from school. As he balanced along the side of the curb, walking the pavement home, he felt himself trip onto the street just as a car came speeding past. As he was falling with the screams of his father, running towards him to try and grab him he felt himself stop. Floating in mid air he remained suspended until the car safely passed him in which he fell into the puddled road. Laughing as his father's face changed from fear to disbelief, he was scooped up and embraced in the tightest hug as Matthew asked if he could do it all again.
Reason for Pending:
1. You missed species as mandatory information in your encyclopedia. Please refer to this guide.
2. We don't allow colored font and font size under 100% in the trunk. Please refer to this guide.
3. Please delete all the spells and potions in the trunk. You can update them in the Encyclopedia Updates.
Please make the necessary changes before I can approve your application.

ENCY LINK
"YOU'RE ENTIRELY BONKERS. BUT I'LL TELL YOU A SECRET. ALL THE BEST PEOPLE ARE"
Nikolai
Matthew
sta • 6 | eva • 6 | str • 1 | wis • 8 | arc • 9 | acc • 5
ENCY LINK

25 Mar 2024, 06:25
Index Registration
Character name: Melody Parker

School Year: First Year

Link to the character page: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=31738

Character Statistics:
Stamina: 7
Strength: 5
Wisdom: 7
ArcPower: 4

Character Special Race/Talent:
Human

Character Backstory:
Reducio
On October 7th, a young girl named Melody was born in Dublin to muggle parents. Her father, Joe, is an engineer, and her mother, Sarah, is a school teacher. only knowing magic as fiction, she lived a pretty normal life she had friends named Julie and Mason, whom she met in preschool and grew up with they would do everything together. She loves reading books, playing with her friends, and learning new things. Her favorite flowers are sunflowers. She spent a lot of time outside in the sun growing up she loves going to the library, the mall, and to the park. She hates the dentist but will tolerate it. She loves horror, romance, and comedies. She loves to be around people getting to know them and becoming friends with new people. As she got older she started to feel like she was different then the other kids her age but wasn't quite sure what it was she would always wonder but didn't want to mention it to her friends or her parents because she didn't want to worry them she went on feeling like a piece of herself was missing but she always tried to hide it to not seem weird when she went to make new friends but to her parents it started to show that she felt something was off about herself and they would told her they would help her with any situation that arised.

First Instance of Magic:
Reducio
When she turned 7, she was playing in her room, and when she sneezed from her allergies, glitter came out she went downstairs and told her parents what happened they were confused but comforted her. When she turned 11, she received an owl from hogwarts to attend, and her parents felt it was the right thing to do with her abilities and them not knowing how to help her control them.