Register
Sign in

2 Aug 2023, 22:46
Fatal Error in Gryffinclaw vs. Slytherpuff
Description of the problem :
Receiving a fatal error message every time I post in Gryffinclaw vs. Slytherpuff. I suspect this is because of how many pages there are like the Let’s Chat problem.

Screenshot :

Error message :
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1200128 bytes) in /var/www/hogwarts/includes/sphinxapi.php on line 1585

Device and browser used :
Safari, iPhone 12

“We are impossibilities living in an impossible world.”

10 Aug 2023, 23:05
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1204224 bytes) in /var/www/hogwarts/includes/sphinxapi.php on line 1585

^ I get the same message on my chromebook

Estelle
Estelle's Emporium
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough

Nate

13 Aug 2023, 01:22

Same

And suddenly—the dreams started chasing me.

13 Aug 2023, 01:37
Quoted from the site's main coder Zachary Winslow (viewtopic.php?p=337063#p337063): "If someone posts a problem, unless I specifically ask for it, please don't post to indicate that you are also experiencing it.

It generates a lot of notifications for me (which also come to my phone) and it's totally unnecessary 95% of the time ;)"

The world is in despair not because there are many bad people, but because there are many good people who do nothing.

13 Aug 2023, 02:36
Yup, I get the same thing! I always have to press reload, submit and then I brings me back. When I do that, it says that I still need to read a new message from the game, even tho I was the last one who posted. It’s only on Griffinclaw v.s. Slitherpuff for me

Moods and More!
“You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think”

13 Aug 2023, 02:37
The last time this was happening was in the old let’s chat, and it was fixed when a new thread for it was made. So I believe it is time to make a new thread for Griffinclaw v.s. Slitherpuff.

sta • 5 | eva • 7 | str • 3
SOMETHING⠀HERE
wis • 8 | arc • 5 | acc • 7
⠀⠀⠀André L
⠀⠀⠀E N C Y C L O P E D I A
⠀⠀⠀Ritsu O
lovely creature | ability | ability
THROUGH⠀THE⠀YEARS
ability | ability | ability
[/quote]

13 Aug 2023, 02:39
Oh that’s sad. We were winning…

Moods and More!
“You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think”

13 Aug 2023, 02:41
Maverick Castle wrote: 13 Aug 2023, 01:37
Quoted from the site's main coder Zachary Winslow (viewtopic.php?p=337063#p337063): "If someone posts a problem, unless I specifically ask for it, please don't post to indicate that you are also experiencing it.

It generates a lot of notifications for me (which also come to my phone) and it's totally unnecessary 95% of the time ;)"
Bumping this. (I’m sorry Zach 😭)

“There are people dying. Oh, and it's time to lend a hand to life, the greatest gift of all” - We Are The World (USA For Africa)

13 Aug 2023, 02:44
Hey guys, I’ve made a new one if anyone wants to play it??

Moods and More!

13 Aug 2023, 03:48
@Delainie Silverwing, @Clark Baird, @André Lebedev, @Maverick Castle

As Maverick quoted (which I had forgotten) the person named Zachary who deals with this websites technical issues asked for people to please not post here a lot because it's spamming their notifications. This is not a place for players to discuss, repeat, or bump things, it's just to bring notice to issues.

And suddenly—the dreams started chasing me.