Register
Sign in

27 Jul 2023, 18:09
Names
So I registered my character with the name Madi, that's what it says on my profile, and I'm fine with that. But around two months ago I decided that I wanted to make her full name be Madeline. I tried to figure out if I could do that but didn't see anything.
She never goes by it, but it's her Etymology of names and it's what her family calls her. Am I allowed to do that? I didn't sign up for Index using that name.

- never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them -
shopency

27 Jul 2023, 19:56
Names
Madi McQuade wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 18:09 So I registered my character with the name Madi, that's what it says on my profile, and I'm fine with that. But around two months ago I decided that I wanted to make her full name be Madeline. I tried to figure out if I could do that but didn't see anything.
She never goes by it, but it's her Etymology of names and it's what her family calls her. Am I allowed to do that? I didn't sign up for Index using that name.
you can say her full name is Madeline and still keep the nickname as your username. on my old account, my user name was reena but her full name was Irene.

what you'll need for roleplays
Sin fe, nada es posible. Con ella, nada es imposible

28 Jul 2023, 02:37
Names
Reducio
Madi McQuade wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 18:09 So I registered my character with the name Madi, that's what it says on my profile, and I'm fine with that. But around two months ago I decided that I wanted to make her full name be Madeline. I tried to figure out if I could do that but didn't see anything.

It has been approved and registered that your character's first given name is Madi. To change the info without being removed from the Index, you can re-register with this new info here: viewtopic.php?t=13033

However, please also remember that if your character have said Madi is their first given name, or a dNPC has said so, you may not change it and the re-registration application would be denied.

The world is in despair not because there are many bad people, but because there are many good people who do nothing.

28 Jul 2023, 02:46
Names
Maverick Castle wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 02:37
Reducio

It has been approved and registered that your character's first given name is Madi. To change the info without being removed from the Index, you can re-register with this new info here: viewtopic.php?t=13033

However, please also remember that if your character have said Madi is their first given name, or a dNPC has said so, you may not change it and the re-registration application would be denied.
K, but would that still apply if I don't want to change it on her profile? Like her name on her profile will still be Madi McQuade but I will include in her ency and additional info that her full name is Madeline

shopency

28 Jul 2023, 03:17
Names
Madi McQuade wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 02:46
Maverick Castle wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 02:37
Reducio

K, but would that still apply if I don't want to change it on her profile? Like her name on her profile will still be Madi McQuade but I will include in her ency and additional info that her full name is Madeline
I think this may need registering since in your basic info, in full name you wrote Madi.

with love
— amaris

28 Jul 2023, 03:19
Names
@Madi McQuade Yes it is still required.

The world is in despair not because there are many bad people, but because there are many good people who do nothing.

28 Jul 2023, 03:22
Names
K, thanks all of you

shopency