Register
Sign in

15 Apr 2023, 07:46
Cassie's Question Thread  come help! 
I have too many questions so I decide to put a seperate thread here.
Question List:
1. Can people sell the potion they made using the potion system?
2. Can people give away their prefect badge? or just lend? (just curious, not trying to do mischief) thanks to: Rita Su
3. If I tried to create an account on both the English website& the French one, would it be considered multi-accounting? thanks to: Rita Su, Lucia Fox
4. Can I write a book in the shelves forum and say it was written by an adult author for it makes more sense? e.g Thomas wrote a book and says it was written by Bathilda Bagshot
5. Can I write a chocolate frog master list? like the beans one
Last edited by Cassie Jiang on 18 Apr 2023, 06:27, edited 4 times in total.

Ravenclaw is an ordinary house, but students there combine all the best traits of all houses!

choco froggies buy&sell Wisdom Ball

15 Apr 2023, 08:09
Cassie Jiang wrote: 15 Apr 2023, 07:46 I have too many questions so I decide to put a seperate thread here.
Question List:
2. Can people give away their prefect badge? or just lend? (just curious, not trying to do mischief)
3. If I tried to create an account on both the English website& the French one, would it be considered multi-accounting?
1. I don't think there is a option to sell potions, you can only sell ingredients
2. I think prefects are told not to sell or give out the badge
3. It's OK, quite a few people do that, the English and the French site are two different systems
I'm not a staff, feel free to correct me, and I hope that helps!

Rita Su - Hufflepuff Andy Menton - Ilvermorny, Thunderbird
Color code: Rita: #560edd Andy: #c40e0e
Rita`s Ency Andy`s Ency Shop

15 Apr 2023, 08:10
Rita Su wrote: 15 Apr 2023, 08:09
Cassie Jiang wrote: 15 Apr 2023, 07:46 I have too many questions so I decide to put a seperate thread here.
Question List:
2. Can people give away their prefect badge? or just lend? (just curious, not trying to do mischief)
3. If I tried to create an account on both the English website& the French one, would it be considered multi-accounting?
1. I don't think there is a option to sell potions, you can only sell ingredients
3. It's OK, quite a few people do that, the English and the French site are two different systems
to make it clear, I can't sell a potion I get from brewing, right?

Ravenclaw is an ordinary house, but students there combine all the best traits of all houses!

15 Apr 2023, 08:12
Cassie Jiang wrote: 15 Apr 2023, 08:10
Rita Su wrote: 15 Apr 2023, 08:09
Question List:
to make it clear, I can't sell a potion I get from brewing, right?
I don't really know that but from my best knowledge you cannot really sell potions?

15 Apr 2023, 09:47
1. From looking at other people's trunks, potions don't have an in-game worth (example), so if you sold it you wouldn't get any money. Selling it might not even be possible. Plus, if you get rid of the potion, through selling it or though any other means, you no longer have access to that potion, which would be a waste of the time and effort you put into the RP for brewing the potion.

2. In character, prefect badges could presumably be lent, but you'd have a hard time convincing a prefect IC to do it since it would probably be breaking an IC rule.

3. Confirming Rita's answer: you can have one account on HIO, and one account on PFR (Poudlard.FR, the French site). I've done this before.

4. No. Taken from the rules for the Shelves forum:
Guidelines:
- Shelves are for books, fanfictions and newspapers.
- All RPG threads should take place in the library board and will be moved there.
- Anything posted here can be read in character.
- Thus things here should be posted or written in character too.
- Do not plagiarize.
So you can only post things in shelves if they have been written by your character.
Also, saying that they were written by Bathilda Bagshot or another named HP character would essentially be godmodding a canon character, which isn't allowed.
If you're referring to your fairy tales thread, that would also be rewriting history, since Snow White is implied to be a historical figure (her witch has a chocolate frog card, b80) - so it would need to remain fictional.
You could IC claim that the author was Bathilda Bagshot, or write under a pen name, but it would be a lie. OOC, it should be clear that Cassie was the author.

=
#00308F
encycassie heather
=
breathe in, breathe through, breathe deep, breathe out
Part-Veela • Alluring • Perfectionist • Scream • Sta 9 • Eva 9 • Stre 4 • Wis 10 • Arc 8 • Acc 9

15 Apr 2023, 09:53
Lucia Fox wrote: 15 Apr 2023, 09:47 1. From looking at other people's trunks, potions don't have an in-game worth (example), so if you sold it you wouldn't get any money. Selling it might not even be possible. Plus, if you get rid of the potion, through selling it or though any other means, you no longer have access to that potion, which would be a waste of the time and effort you put into the RP for brewing the potion.

2. In character, prefect badges could presumably be lent, but you'd have a hard time convincing a prefect IC to do it since it would probably be breaking an IC rule.

3. Confirming Rita's answer: you can have one account on HIO, and one account on PFR (Poudlard.FR, the French site). I've done this before.

4. No. Taken from the rules for the Shelves forum:
Guidelines:
- Shelves are for books, fanfictions and newspapers.
- All RPG threads should take place in the library board and will be moved there.
- Anything posted here can be read in character.
- Thus things here should be posted or written in character too.
- Do not plagiarize.
So you can only post things in shelves if they have been written by your character.
Also, saying that they were written by Bathilda Bagshot or another named HP character would essentially be godmodding a canon character, which isn't allowed.
If you're referring to your fairy tales thread, that would also be rewriting history, since Snow White is implied to be a historical figure (her witch has a chocolate frog card, b80) - so it would need to remain fictional.
You could IC claim that the author was Bathilda Bagshot, or write under a pen name, but it would be a lie. OOC, it should be clear that Cassie was the author.
Oh, thanks very much for the explanation, Lucia!

12 Jun 2023, 13:33

I believe so, but make sure to not reveal names, only numbers.

with love
— amaris

4 Jul 2023, 00:57
Amaris Knight wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 13:33

I believe so, but make sure to not reveal names, only numbers.
alright, I will recheck this with the staff

29 Jul 2023, 14:32
The only request we have (as it is not staff run or moderated) is that players abide by the one request Zach the forum and code maker had for frogs and beans: don't announce what they are. Some players like to be suprised.

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

30 Jul 2023, 01:42
Solomon Lear wrote: 29 Jul 2023, 14:32 The only request we have (as it is not staff run or moderated) is that players abide by the one request Zach the forum and code maker had for frogs and beans: don't announce what they are. Some players like to be suprised.
sorry sir, sorry to disturb but I am just still a bit confused-- is using revelio still a means of announcing what they are? Thanks sir <3