Register
Sign in
31 Dec 2022, 09:53
A Step Towards Unity  Errand 
Description

In March, @Howard White and @Dealla Prince came up with the idea to organise a casual get-together for both mixed race/special talent students willing to reveal themselves and be open about their heritage, and fully human ones. The goal is to both give mixed race students encouragement to come forward and be proud of their unique traits, and to let fully human students interact with and get to know them in the full knowledge of who they are, hopefully working towards eliminating prejudice and unfounded fear and mistrust.

For this purpose, Dee and Howard have been reaching out to mixed race students to find out who might be willing to participate in such an event and share their stories. The plan is to have a nice afternoon of hanging out, eating chocolate frogs, and chatting, to make people realise that they all aren't so different, after all.
Prerequisite: None
Word Count Requirement: 800 words
Reward: 8 chocolate frogs.
Group Type: Mass Group
Additional Information
  • This event will take place in groups. Each group will be assigned a few special race/talent students, and a few fully human ones. There might be the option to change groups in between.
  • To participate, please fill out the sign-up form below. Sign ups will be open until January 14, the threads will be posted after.
  • This is a loaded topic IC. While the IC intent is to foster understanding, we know that there might be some who are interested in attending to create trouble. Therefore, there will be some groups that will be guaranteed conflict-free, and some that might have problems crop up IC. Please specify in your sign-up if you would like a conflict-free group.
  • If you are a special race/talent student who has not yet been in contact with me and would like to participate as one of the mixed race students sharing their stories, please send me an owl. You will, of course, still receive rewards.
Sign-up Form

Name:
Preferred Group Type: Conflict-free (guaranteed)/Possible conflict (not guaranteed)
Friend (optional): You can name up to one person that you would like to be in the same group with. I'll try my best to make it possible.
31 Dec 2022, 10:06
Name: Fang Hui-Ming
Preferred Group Type: Possible conflict, please

The curtains fell. And the silence was deafening
31 Dec 2022, 10:11
Name: Lucia Fox
Preferred Group Type: Conflict-free preferably, but I don't mind being in a conflict group if you need me to :)
Note: Though the fact that Lucia is part-Veela is public knowledge by this point, I'm signing up as a regular participant
Last edited by Lucia Fox on 31 Dec 2022, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

=
#00308F
encycassie heather
=
breathe in, breathe through, breathe deep, breathe out
Part-Veela • Alluring • Perfectionist • Scream • Sta 9 • Eva 9 • Stre 4 • Wis 10 • Arc 8 • Acc 9
31 Dec 2022, 10:11
Name: Aurelia Notresvace
Preferred Group Type: Possible conflict
Friend (optional): OoC, Cassandra Ironwoods, maybe if they're joining. Would like for Aurelia to get to know them more.

──────────────
AURELIA NOTRÉSVACE | new poem! | x
──────────────
“One can never be too careful,”
STM — 5 | EVA — 19 | STR — 5 | WSD — 12 | ARC — 5 | ACC — 9
Lovely Creature — Evasive Manoeuvres — Monster Hunter — Terrible Presence
31 Dec 2022, 10:17
Name: Beatrice Dupont
Preferred Group Type: Possible conflict but I'll also gladly take Conflict-free (:
Last edited by Beatrice Dupont on 14 Jan 2023, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

-Remind me once again just who I am because I need to know-
•★•★•★•★•★•★•★•★•
31 Dec 2022, 10:22
Name: Opeila Winters
Preferred Group Type: I really don't mind! Both sound like they could be fun.
Friend (optional): Just throwing in some names, if I could be in a group with any of them should they join, it would be great: Hanako Tone, Cash Ironwoods, Wyatt Starkey, Alec Mason, Flash Holmwood.

Opeila | Theodore | Raffle
Head of Index | Prefect | Duelling Co-Captain
Sta-10 | Eva-11 | Str-4 | Wis-10 | Arc-9 | Acc-14
31 Dec 2022, 11:39
Name: Taisia Elidine Stroudefielde
Preferred Group Type: Possible conflict.
Friend: @Irina Sousa, if you are interested in doing this, it could be where Tai finds out Nina is a werewolf?

insert something cool
31 Dec 2022, 12:00
Name: Marius Brown
Preferred Group Type: conflict-free
Friend (optional): -

Having eyes, but not seeing beauty; having ears, but not hearing music; having minds, but not perceiving truth; having hearts that are never moved and therefore never set on fire - these are the things to fear.
31 Dec 2022, 13:21
Name: Ayuna Baudelaire
Preferred Group Type: Possible conflict
Friend: @Lucas Chapman would you like to be in a group with Ayuna?

AYUNA G. BAUDELAIRE | first year. ravenclaw
STA 6 • EVA 6 • STR 5 • WIS 7 • ARC 4 • ACC 7
WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS,
MAKE LEMONADE
31 Dec 2022, 13:41
Name: Edward Foxe
Preferred Group Type: both are fine (even though Edward would probably prefer not having a conflict but that could as well be a great opportunity for growth)
Friend: @Hades Schweighöfer. Ed and Hades have not met yet, so maybe they could be assigned in the same group, so they can get to know each other.
Last edited by Edward Foxe on 17 Jan 2023, 06:54, edited 1 time in total.

Edward Foxe
Lumos Insignium - Designing Twinkling Trophies since 2023
#863B14