Register
Sign in
2 Aug 2022, 04:33
Introspective Reflections  Errand   Finished 
Journalling was a hobby that Professor Jensen very much appreciated. She often found herself writing. During her teenage years, she recalled that she found it a rather useful method to help her deal with her thoughts and feelings over the years. Since she was not really interested in reading students' innermost thoughts, she figured she would try and get them into the act of journalling through a different method.

An optional assignment was provided for students over the summer holidays for this. Incoming first years were sent a letter and written to about the assignment, in case they wished to take part. Anyone who completed it before returning it to Professor Jensen would be awarded house points for their achievements.

The assignment was as follows:

Gratitude Journal

Over the Summer Holidays (July-August), try and keep a gratitude journal. Even if you spend five minutes a day on it, try and end each week by writing down at least five things that you are grateful for that week. If you wanted to challenge yourself, try and write up to three things you are grateful for each day!

At a minimum, enter into the journal at least ten days during the holidays. You can do it more often, if you would like but aim for at least ten days.

OOC requirements:
1. Post once in this thread to enter. Your entire word count (1000 words+) must be in that post.
2. IC, your character will send the journal assignment as a letter to my professor before the end of August.
3. The journal part must be at least 600 words.
4. The rest of the word count can be the roleplay section of it if you would like. (This is optional. You can make the entire thing the journal, if you wanted).
5. IC, you must write in the journal on ten different dates with ten different things your character is grateful for, as long as they make up the word count.
6. IC, you can totally lie, if you wish to but try and be realistic in the lie - if she knows it's fake, she can't reward you. OOC, the idea is to think about what your character would be grateful for / what they would do in their holidays. If you are at summer camp, you can use things from there to inspire it.
7. To help with moderation, please label the word count for the "journal" part and the total post separately, if you choose to roleplay. I will double-check it anyway though.

OOC Deadline: End of 28th August 2022

Example 1 - written by Hjørdis Jensen:
Bob grabbed a piece of paper, addressing it to Professor Jensen at Hogwarts. Attached was the journal, which read as:
Gratitude Journal

1st July - I went home from Hogwarts today and got to see my parents, for which I was really grateful. It is nice to be home and get a break from studying.

2nd July - My mum made my favourite food - which is her speciality tacos - for dinner today! It was so nice!

4th July - Okay, I missed a day but let's see. Yesterday was kind of boring. I was grateful that I don't have homework, though, as I have been spending the entire time just relaxing at home. Today, I am grateful that my parents are muggles and I can actually just watch TV again. That's something I've missed during term time, so it's been nice to binge lots of shows in the past few days.

[Pretend there's at least 600 words of this journal and at least 1000 words total in the post]
Example 2 - written by Marcus Iwasaki:
Jane Doe had impulsively bought a journal a few months before school ended, and the opportunity to write in it had finally presented itself. There was an optional summer journaling assignment this year, and she was determined to do it! …. [400 words of roleplay thinking about the assignment and how her summer had been] …. Finally, she packaged up the journal and gave it to her owl, with the Head of Slytherin's name addressed on it..
Day 1: It's the first day of summer break and I already miss my friends. …. [more writing] … I am grateful that I have such good friends.

Day 5: Mom made my favorite food today - I'm really grateful for her! … [more writing about mom lol] …

Day x: ... [pretend at least 8 more days with 600 words total]
Prerequisite: (if any) None
Word Count Requirement: 1000 (at least 600 words must be the actual journal)
Group Type: Solo
Reward: 5 House Points
When you have completed it:

Name: [Please use your account name exactly, so I can search it later if needed]
Total Word Count: [At least 1000+]
Word Count for Journal: [At least 600 words+]
Link to Post/Page: [Please put a link to the post or the page it's on, for ease of searching it]

NOTE: The WC for journal and total word count might be the same, if your entire post is a journal entry with no roleplay elements. This is allowed and fine. I am mostly asking for a breakdown for ease of moderation as I don't want to receive a post that is 990 words roleplay and only 10 words journal. Thank you!

Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects, and discovering other people's weaknesses.
STA: 15 | EVA: 9 | STR: 2 | WIS: 20 | AP: 10 | ACC: 14
Sixth Sense | Evasive Maneuvers | Perfectionist | Poison Resistance
9 Aug 2022, 19:05
Name: Pax Zhang
Total Word Count: 1967
Word Count for Journal: 1584
Link to Post/Page: Here!

Pax 🔥⁕ Living life or whatever ⁕ Chiaki 🌺
9 Aug 2022, 19:26
Name: Ellie Kinsey
Total Word Count: 1,669
Word Count for Journal: 1,218
Link to Post/Page: accio

Stamina: 6 | Evasion: 7 | Strength: 3 | Wisdom: 7 | Arcane Power: 6 | Accuracy: 6
12 Aug 2022, 02:29
Name: AngelFyre McCubbin
Total Word Count: 1,507 words in total
Word Count for Journal: 1,402 words for 10 entries
Link to Post/Page: Gratitude Journal

The magic is real.
15 Aug 2022, 22:56
Name: Alora Shendrow
Total Word Count: 3412 Words
Word Count for Journal: 2411 Words
Link to Post/Page: Right Here

Stamina: 5 | Evasion: 5 | Strength: 5 | Wisdom: 7 | Arcane Power: 6 | Accuracy: 7
17 Aug 2022, 18:52
Name: Piérre Marchonné
Total WC: 4,633 words
Journal WC: 4,533 words
Lonky: Boop!

iiiiiiiI'm a very dangerous man when I don't know what I'm doing.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ The 4th Doctor
| Piérre | Romeo | iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
| Chocco Froggos Shop! |iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
18 Aug 2022, 04:48
name guinevere russetwood
total wc 1901
journal wc 1500
link accio post

STA: 7 | EVA: 10 | STR: 6 | WIS: 7 | ARC: 7 | ACC: 9
24 Aug 2022, 22:34
Name: Harper Jordan
Total Word Count: 1014
Word Count for Journal: 935
Link to Post/Page: Harper's Journal

Foster Jordan
Ravenclaw Broom Racing Co-Captain
25 Aug 2022, 16:43
Name: Rita Su
Total word count: 1349
World Count for Journal: 1204
Link to Post/Page: viewtopic.php?p=463685#p463685
Last edited by Rita Su on 27 Aug 2022, 04:23, edited 1 time in total.

Rita Su - Hufflepuff Andy Menton - Ilvermorny, Thunderbird
Color code: Rita: #560edd Andy: #c40e0e
Rita`s Ency Andy`s Ency Shop
25 Aug 2022, 22:00
Name: Kim Sato
Total Word Count: 1,107
Word Count for Journal: 972
Link to Post/Page: accio!

MISC LINKS
my codes - shop
⠀⠀⠀I FEEL LIKE I'M IN SLOW MODE