Register
Sign in

11 Jul 2022, 23:47
Finnegan Connor - 2nd Year - Gryffindor
F I N N E G A NxxC O N N O R
xxxCHESTNUT 🙵 PHOENIX FEATHER / EMPATHETIC 🙵 DARING / IMPULSIVE 🙵 DISOBEDIENT
xxxA P P E A R A N C E x🙵x P E R S O N A L I T Yxxx🖚
The information below is provided to help you describe Finnegan through your character's eyes. Unless explicitly mentioned otherwise, you may always assume your character noticing any of these things about Finnegan. For your convenience, these traits are sorted from most to least noticeable:
Reducio
  • ✶ During 1st and 2nd year he is of average height at about 4"11 tall. Between 3rd and 5th year he falls behind his peers and doesn't grow much. At the end of 5th year, he catches up again.
  • ✶ Bordering on being skinny, he has a lean and nimble build since he's active in sports both at Hogwarts and in muggle life. While he's quite resilient, he is not at all strong and (much to his annoyance) can easily be overpowered by just about anyone.
  • ✶ He has mussed dark-brown hair that is kept to a short to medium length cut.
  • ✶ He has a lightly tanned skin tone, courtesy of being outdoors a lot.
  • ✶ He smells of shampoo, often citrus, mint or a fruity scent like watermelon.
  • ✶ He is often disorganized in appearance because of his restless nature. Think loose shoelaces, half-buttoned shirts, wrinkled clothes, dirt under his fingernails, smudges of ink on his face or fingertips, etcetera.
  • ✶ Talkative by nature, Finnegan has a slightly hoarse sounding voice. Words are often not fully enunciated but there is an upbeat cadence and rhythm to his manner of speech.
  • ✶ Being one of the youngest students in his year and having an energetic dispositions, he is frequently thought to be younger than he actually is.
  • ✶ By default he is upbeat, chipper and welcoming (unless specified otherwise).
  • ✶ He has a restless energy about him and it shows in his body language. He tends to gesticulate a lot and his expressions are often exaggerated. He might flick his hair to the side mid-conversation, chew on his lips or crack his knuckles. He doesn't sit down like a normal person but tends to favor sitting on the edge, ready to leap of at a moment's notice. Beds are perfect for faceplanting.
  • ✶ He has a major sweet-tooth and is positively addicted to chocolate, you might smell some hazelnut chocolate on him because he's sure to carry a steady supply around wherever he goes.
🖛xxxH I S T O R Yxxx🖚
Finnegan was born in Cardiff, Wales and has lived in the Butetown neighborhood all his life together with his younger sister Rose. On the whole he has had a good childhood, but there was never much money around and Finnegan has not done well in school. For all his ability in sports, Finnegan has a very hard time in his academic pursuits. A full history can be read below:
Reducio

Born to Caitlyn Veerhne and Owen Connor, Finnegan was the first of two muggle children. His sister, Rose, is two years younger than him but she matches and sometimes even outdoes him in her strong-headedness.

While the siblings got along well, growing up in Butetown wasn't always easy. Caitlyn worked as the manager of a local (youth) community center in Butetown and Owen worked at the post office. Together they earned enough for rent and food, but little else and what little money didn't go straight from hand to mouth was saved up for the holidays. They never went on holiday for long, never went far, hardly ever got outside of Wales. It bothered Finnegan more than it did Rose who had a knack for coming up with things to do whenever he got bored.

Yet her games weren't always enough to satiate Finnegan's wanderlust. Perhaps if his parents could've afforded a fancy smartphone he would've wasted away behind a screen like many of his classmates and would've stayed out of trouble. Instead he spent many summer holidays roaming the neighborhood (usually with a football glued to his feet), exploring places he shouldn't, listening in on hushed, private conversations and pulling childish pranks on unsuspecting victims when the opportunity presented itself.

Finnegan attended a local elementary school were he met his two best friends to date, David and Lewis. Their shared interest in sports and games saw them terrorize the neighborhood with pranks ranging from the innocent wallet-on-a-string all the way up to nicking a magazines from the local shop.

Finnegan didn't seem to have much in the way in scholarly talent except for getting sent out of the classroom for inattentiveness or fidgeting. Nevertheless, he got by even if it was with rather poor grades.

Despite there being little money to go around, both children were able to join a club with some help from community funding. Rose joined the scouts while Finnegan joined a football club through a local program that his mother helped organize. It was here that his talent for the game was nurtured and he's kept moving up into better and better teams ever since.

But the carefree life wasn't to last. Everything changed when an official from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry arrived.

It was hard to believe at first, certainly it had to be a prank from one of his dorky friends. It was Rose who first put the pieces together, reminding them all of that one time Finnegan's crooked teeth had fixed themself. The more she talked, the more Finnegan became convinced that all the strange things that had happened to him had not been accidents after all, something that the official affirmed.

His parents took a little longer to adjust, especially his father, but eventually he too came around to the fact that his son was, in fact, a wizard.
🖛xxxM A G I Cxxx🖚
Finnegan's first instance of magic happened quite late, when he had just turned ten and his teeth magically straightened, seemingly overnight. For the full story see below:
Reducio

Finnegan sat in the waiting room, swinging his feet, trying to decided which was worse: the dentist, the braces, or his crooked teeth. He was 10 years old and no matter how many times his mom repeated her promise that they'd get ice cream after, he couldn't shake the sense of impending doom weighing down on him, growing heavier by the minute.

"Finnegan?" the lady at the reception called. He shot up from his seat like a startled animal and hurried over to the counter with his mother close behind. He was just about tall enough for his chin to graze the edge. The reception lady greeted him with a row of perfect white teeth, then looked up and past him to address his mother.

"They're ready for you in room 3. Straight ahead, second hall to the left," She said. Then her eyes fell on him again. "Are you nervous?"

Finnegan bit down on his lips, then shook his head.

"Good. There's no need to be," she answered, then gestured down the hallway. He doubted she had believed him.

"Mom, do we really have to go?" he asked in a low voice.

"Finnegan, please," His mother said. "It'll be fine and it won't take very long. Here it is..."

She gave him a gentle shove as they turned the corner and stepped into the dreadful, brightly lit dentist's room. As if drawn by magnets, Finnegan's wide eyes landed immediately on the wide array of tools whose purpose he could only guess. Why were there scissors and picks and-

"Are you alright boy?" the dentist asked. Finnegan hadn't even looked at the middle-aged man until now, all his attention had been on the chair, the tools and the prospect of having to lay down defenseless with his mouth open.

The dentist pushed his glasses up his hawkish nose. "Don't worry, I'll tell you exactly what we're going to do so you don't have to worry about anything, how does that sound? Please, take a seat."

Finnegan wished he'd just had normal teeth like everyone else so he wouldn't have to be here and he would not have to wear braces and life would just be normal. Almost in a daze he was guided into the chair, layed down and tried to think of some excuse to get out of there. What if he decided he liked his crooked teeth? Maybe they weren't that bad after all, maybe they weren't that crooked, maybe he'd rather pull them and wait for new ones to grow back...

He flinched at the bright light being adjusted over his head, but couldn't find the words to protest as he was beckoned to open his mouth and say "ah".

The man's face hovering over him contorted into a sharp frown, he seemed surprised. "You are Finnegan, right? Finnegan Connor?" The man adjusted a large mirror overhead and suddenly Finnegan understood his shock.

The pale, blue-eyed boy looking back at him had no crooked teeth at all. His breath caught in his throat and he blinked furiously into the light. The dentist disappeared from the edge of his vision and rummaged through some paperwork by the sound of it, but Finnegan paid it little mind.

What on earth had happened to his teeth? He felt this lips, his mouth with his hands as though he'd just learned about having teeth at all. How in the world?

It took his mother a while to catch on to the commotion. She had nestled into a chair in the corner of the room and hidden behind a glossy until his excited noises caused her to peek over the edge.

Overcome with joy, Finnegan had jumped from the seat and bared his teeth. "Look! Look! They're all fixed!"

The dentist grumbled something about a possible mix up which Finnegan, stumbling over hastily muttered apologies, promptly agreed to while he dragged his mother out of the room. They passed the reception in a hurry and it wasn't until they were back outside in the cool air that she finally seemed to calm down.

"H-how...?" was all she managed to stammer. "Finn... your teeth..."

He worried she was about to faint. "I don't know I just... I really, really didn't want to be there and it's almost as if my teeth just fixed themselves." It sounded stupid, but he just couldn't explain it any other way.

His mother stared back at him, blinking dumbfoundedly. "But, but this can't be... teeth don't straighten themselves overnight." She didn't sound quite sure anymore.

"Who cares!" Finnegan exclaimed, overjoyed at the miracle. He wasn't sure if he ought to thank the tooth fairy, santa claus, god, or someone else, but he thanked all of them in the privacy of his mind to be sure, then turned to his mother. "We were going to get ice cream, right?"
🖛 Overview ✶ TrunkCalendarFriends 🙵 Foes
Last edited by Finnegan Connor on 26 Apr 2024, 00:59, edited 102 times in total.

11 Jul 2022, 23:51
T R U N K
🖛 S T A T I S T I C S 🖚
Stamina 10 ✶ Evasion 10 ✶ Strength 2 ✶ Wisdom 4 ✶ Arcane Power 5 ✶ Accuracy 10
🖛 A B I L I T I E S 🖚
🖛 S P E L L S 🖚
Reducio
Charms
  • Year 1
    • Dancing-Feet Spell • Tarantallegra - Charms 1
    • Mending Charm • Reparo - Charms 1
    • Levitation Charm • Wingardium Leviosa - Charms 2
    • Wand-Lighting Charm • Lumos - Charms 3
    • Wand-Extinguishing Charm • Nox - Charms 3
    • Locking Charm • Colloportus - Charms 4
    • Unlocking Charm • Alohomora - Charms 4
    • Umbrella Charm • Pluvia Velo - Charms 5
  • Year 2
    • General Counter-Spell • Finite Incantatem - Charms 1
Transfiguration
  • Year 1
    • Whistle to Watch • Tunc Sibilus - Transfiguration 1
    • Glass to Sand • Quarzicum - Transfiguration 2
    • Snail to Teapot • Choclea Bibe - Transfiguration 2
    • Sauce-Making Spell • Condimentum - Transfiguration 3
    • Matchbox Transformation Spell • Flintifors - Transfiguration 4
    • Matchstick to Needle • Conmutocus - Transfiguration 4
    • Untransfiguration • Reparifarge - Transfiguration 5
  • Year 2
    • Creature/object to bird • Avifors - Transfiguration 1
    • Color Change Charm • Colorvaria - Transfiguration 3
    • Hair Color-Changing Charm • Crinus Muto - Transfiguration 3
    • Outfit Color-Changing Charm • Multicorfors - Transfiguration 3
Defense Against the Dark Arts
  • Year 1
    • Red Spark Charm • Periculum - DADA 1
    • Green Sparks Charm • Verdimillious - DADA 1
    • Curse of the Bogies • Mucus ad Nauseam - DADA 2
    • Knockback Jinx • Flipendo - DADA 3
    • Smokescreen Spell • Fumos - DADA 4
  • Year 2
    • Blindfolding Spell • Obscuro - DADA 1
    • Tongue-Tying Spell • Mimblewimble - DADA 2
    • Disarming Charm • Expelliarmus - DADA 3
  • Year 3
    • Full Body-Bind Curse • Petrificus Totalus - DADA 4
History of Magic
  • Year 1
    • Eyeglass Repair Charm • Oculus Reparo - History of Magic 1
    • Sneezing Hex • Steleus - History of Magic 2
    • Bubble-Producing Charm • Bullarum Immortalem - History of Magic 3
    • Scouring Charm • Scourgify - History of Magic 3
    • Passage Opening Charm • Dissendium - History of Magic 4
    • Mice to Snuffboxes • Muspyxis - History of Magic 5
Astronomy
  • Year 1
    • Opening Charm • Aberto - Astronomy 1
    • Take Root • Anathema Daphnis - Astronomy 2
    • Shooting spell • Jaculor - Astronomy 3
    • Snowflake-Creating Spell • Nix Facitur - Astronomy 4
    • Bewitched Snowballs • Nive Percutio - Astronomy 5
  • Year 2
    • Cascading Jinx • Ingens Explosiones - Astronomy 1
    • Hot-Air Charm • Aer Calidus - Astronomy 2
Herbology
  • Year 1
    • Fire-Making Spell • Incendio - Herbology 2
    • Extinguishing Charm • Extinguo - Herbology 3
Flying
  • Year 1
    • Four-Point Spell • Point Me - Flying 3
  • Year 2
    • Slippery Jinx • Lubricus - Flying Lesson 1
🖛 P O T I O N S 🖚
Reducio
  • Year 1
    • Cure for Boils - Potions 1
    • Herbicide Potion - Potions 1
    • Forgetfulness Potion - Potions 1
    • Antidote to Common Poisons - Potions 2
    • Antidote to Uncommon Poisons - Potions 2
    • Bruise Removal Paste - Potions 3
    • Burn Healing Paste - Potions 3
    • Babbling Beverage - Potions 4
    • Confusing Concoctions - Potions 4
    • Dizziness Draught - Potions 4
    • Muffling Draught - Potions 5
    • Dogbreath Potion - Potions 5
Last edited by Finnegan Connor on 13 Jul 2022, 13:32, edited 7 times in total.

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.

11 Jul 2022, 23:57
OverviewTrunk 🖛 Calendar ✶ Friends 🙵 Foes
S U M M E RxxC A M Pxx2022
Reducio
🗙 Fantastic people and where to find them ✶ August 5th, 2022
Dmitri Jones
🗙 Hogwarts vs Durmstrang ✶ August 6th, 2022
Evelynn Decipio
🗙 Every journey is a canvas all its own ✶ August 10th, 2022
Glenys Urquhar
✔ Having a ball ✶ August 11th, 2022
George Henry
✔ Twirl the flagon ✶ August 12th, 2022
EmmaLee Le Dames ✶ Adelaide Barlow ✶ Maggie Hawkins ✶ Bubba McGarry ✶ June Selwyn ✶ Marina Oriel
✔ Truth or dare ✶ August 14th, 2022
Zykael Lane ✶ Edward Smith ✶ Erin Ryan ✶ Alec Mason ✶ Lucinia Thawin ✶ Ramzy Rossi
✔ Water break ✶ August 15th, 2022
Alec Mason
🗙 Old patterns ✶ August 29th, 2022
Opeila Winters ✶ Bloom Silverton ✶ Adelaide Barlowe ✶ Xailah Alptraum ✶ Reena Delgado
🗙 He doesn't believe me ✶ August 29th, 2022
Alec Mason ✶ George Henry
F I R S TxxY E A R
Reducio
During this year, Finnegan served 1 detention for the reason of: damaging school property in the library.

All visits to Hogsmeade went unnoticed and unpunished.

The following rules were broken during this year.
──

First-Years and Second-Years may not enter Hogsmeade.
You may not be outside of your dorm rooms after 10:00 pm without permission.
No damage to school property.
🗙 Fabolous fabrications ✶ August 30th, 2022
Leandra von Abendrot
🗙 A new adventure ✶ August 30th, 2022
Alma Stoll ✶ Colin McCoire ✶ Clair Fernandez
✔ Journey to Hogwarts ✶ September 1st, 2022
Alma Stoll ✶ Colin McCoire ✶ Maggie Hawkins
🗙 First year entrance ✶ September 1st, 2022
All first years
✔ A day on the town ✶ September 4th, 2022
George Henry
🗙 A monster under my bed ✶ September 4th, 2022
Alan Vanes
✔ Add two drops of trouble ✶ September 9th, 2022
Jack Ace
✔ All's well that ends well ✶ September 12th, 2022
George Henry
✔ Drawn into being ✶ September 13th, 2022
June Selwyn
✔ Pixie perfect I ✶ September 16th, 2022
George Henry
🗙 Pixie perfect II ✶ September 16th, 2022
George Henry ✶ Zoe Fresnel
🗙 A practice duel ✶ September 16th, 2022
Lea Hirsch
✔ It takes two to tango ✶ Fall ball 2022
June Selwyn
🗙 Surprise! ✶ January 9th, 2022
Alma Stoll
✔ Just like fire ✶ January 23rd, 2022Detention served
Clark Baird ✶ Gabriel Palmer
🗙 Thirteen ✶ June 21st, 2022
June Selwyn
🗙 Fly you fool ✶ June 21st, 2022
Jake Morris
✔ What friends are for ✶ Summer camp, 2023
George Henry
✔ Homecoming ✶ Summer break, 2022
June Selwyn
✔ Don't be koi ✶ Summer break, 2022
June Selwyn
= Regular thread, = Quidditch thread, = Key thread, 🗙 = Abandoned, ✔ = Finished
modified from code by Lucia Fox & Draven Mirador
Last edited by Finnegan Connor on 23 Apr 2024, 22:26, edited 53 times in total.

12 Jul 2022, 00:00
OverviewTrunkCalendar 🖛 Friends 🙵 Foes
F R I E N D Sx🙵xF O E S
GEORGE HENRY
☙ Some distant cousin, probably ❧
Reducio
I met George at Summer Camp '22. I hit him in the face with my football, he hit me in the face with flowers, then he got mad at me for being sorted into Gryffindor and we went to Hogsmeade together. He told me there were vampires and werewolves and giants at school but didn't understand why that's bad. I left him in Hogsmeade and gave him the fake permission slip back because I wasn't supposed to be there. Later he sent me an owl and a football and we took a walk on the grounds and talked. Most of the time, he's great, he got me into the hospital wing for the first time. Not his fault! Not entirely at least. I shouldn't have been mean to him and he shouldn't have antagonized a swarm of angry pixies. But he made up for it, came to visit me in hospital. I really hope he never tries to cheer me on during Quidditch again though, I almost fell of me broom from embarrassment. Anyway, when he's not embarrassing me and not putting me under the nurse's care, he's pretty nice. He knows loads of interesting things, but sometimes I can't really tell if he's just making it up as he goes or not. He's going to be at summer camp too, it's a shame I still haven't learned how to summon a bunch of flowers. Guess I will have to pluck some to whack him with, or steal one of his silly hats.
ALMA STOLL
☙ Hufflebuddy ❧
Reducio
Alma is simply the best friend you could ask for, always willing to lend a hand when I'm struggling with assignments. She's incredibly kind and thoughtful and sometimes reminds me of my mum a bit. I haven't seen her in a while though.
JUNE SELWYN
☙ Admired ❧
Reducio
I met June at Summer Camp '22 too, just like George. She's nice and she smells nice too. We played spin the bottle and I got to give her a hug, I think she needed it at the time. That's how I know what she smells like. I didn't see her again until I went out into the courtyard one day and saw her studying. I drew a portrait of her but never finished it because she noticed me and I barely had time to hide my drawing. It would've been really weird if she had seen it, I've really got to get rid of it before anyone finds it... I told her a secret and now she's teaching me charms. Well, she's trying to anyway, I'm really not good at it.
ELIJAH ACE
☙ Wingman ❧
Reducio
A promising sidekick, gone with the wind.
AVERY 🕱 LEVERET
☙ Enemy ❧
Reducio
A very thinks very highly of himself. One time I tried poking a bit of fun at him because he'd given the most aloof, self-absorbed interview to the Hogwarts Headliner that you can imagine. It got out of hand though and we got into a fight in the hallway. Somehow I managed to beat him and he got really angry about that, but he hasn't done much since. I think he's given up...
Last edited by Finnegan Connor on 11 Apr 2024, 17:10, edited 18 times in total.