Register
Sign in

31 Oct 2023, 17:19
Mentorship Program: Mentors  Sign up 
Name: Hannah Blossom
Year: Second!
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months?: Yes, I have
Do you have a completed encyclopedia?: Yes, I do
Are you registered with Index? Yes, I am
Why do you want to be a mentor? First of all, I used to be a mentor, but had to return my badge because of inactivity, so I was removed. I believe if I return to my past duties, I will do good and even better job that I did in the past! Second of all, when I first joined the site I had no idea about mentors, and I believe it would be very, very nice to have a mentor helping, but I figured everything out, and now, I would like to continue helping. I love to help others when they need, so continuing being a mentor would be amazing! I do understand I might have to wait, as there are other roleplayers on the waitlist.

On waitlist, Octavius Baird

STA✿9﹒EVA✿5﹒STR✿4
WIS✿7﹒ARC✿4﹒ACC✿6
🕊𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒𝕙 𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕞🕊
the end of beginnings
𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙮 ♛
--------X﹒X﹒X--------

20 Nov 2023, 02:30
Name: Jay Divus
Year: 2nd Year
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yessir! Been here for a bit now.
Do you have a completed encyclopedia?: Yep, I do!
Are you registered with Index? Yes.
Why do you want to be a mentor?
Gather round, ol' Jay is going to have a little story time. Back when I was a wee little first year, I had no clue what to do or how to do it. I know how confusing it can be for new players and roleplayers with this site, because I was obviously one myself. But thankfully, I had my mentor now ex-mentor, Clark Baird show me the ropes and help me get on my feet.

What I'm getting at here is that I would love to give back and teach others what I learned, and help integrate some newbies to our amazing community we've built up here.
On Waitlist, Octavius Baird

"I start to fall, then I cave and I push you away. You could call it self-sabotage, I love to dig my own grave."

6 Dec 2023, 06:25
Name: Estelle Nyx
Year: Second
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Yes
Are you registered with Index? Yes

When I first joined the site, I knew very little of its workings and roleplay style. Although I didn't have a mentor - once I found the thread, I had already completed all of the steps - the things I could have learnt would have been invaluable. If I could help other to learn and understand the site, and come to love it as I do, I would be truly grateful. As a mentor I would help my mentees learn and grow, both within their roleplays and around the site.
On waitlist, Octavius Baird

Estelle
Estelle's Emporium
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough

Nate

11 Dec 2023, 01:09
Name: Remedy Norden
Year: First
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes, under Caoimhe Kyle
Why do you want to be a mentor? I believe that the success rate of a long-term roleplaying forum, particularly one as extensive and in-depth as this one, is a tremendous responsibility that requires well-rounded mentors. I would love to take on the role of Mentor to be a welcoming and supportive presence among new and returning members. I have first-hand knowledge of being a new member, and I believe that my experience would not have been as enjoyable and elevating without the support of my fellow members. The opportunity to provide what I had received would be a tremendous honor, and nothing would make me happier than if I could also assist the staff members.

On Waitlist, Octavius Baird

Accepted - Beatrice Dupont

26 Dec 2023, 14:17
Name: Hades Schweighöfer.
Year: Fifth.
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes.
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Yes.
Are you registered with Index? Yes, I am registered.
Why do you want to be a mentor? I remember when I came back after a while, I was lost and didn’t know how it really worked, but then I met someone who helped me a lot. Since then I have wanted to learn and have someone as a reference, who has given me useful advice. I didn’t join before because I had a feeling I wasn’t ready and needed advice, but now I can see that I already have everything I need to be a mentor. With all I know, I would like to be able to do the same as they did for me, help new students and offer them a detailed guide on the website and some tips so they can easily find what they will need.
Denied, Octavius Baird [Jan 7th 2024]

21 Jan 2024, 21:57
Name: AngelFyre McCubbin
Year: Third-year
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes.
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Yes.
Are you registered with Index? Yes.
Why do you want to be a mentor? For the same reasons most everyone has mentioned before me, but I will add that it seems a logical step to take as I have found with my Prefect duties I end up doing quite a bit of "tutoring" through owls. It would be nice to have a more formalized and mutually agreed upon expectation of connection through the mentorship program.

Added to waitlist - Lear 1.24.24

The magic is real.

24 Jan 2024, 04:51
Name:
Tristan Theramin
Year:
Fifth
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months?
Yes
Do you have a completed encyclopedia?
Yes
Are you registered with Index?
Yes
The role of a mentor to this site is to nurture a new member so that they can have fun and be an active member of this site. I had joined this site before this mentor program started so in some ways I had to figure out most things for myself before I was even able to have fun. In fact, I am still learning new things every time I partake in something new on this site. I would have very much liked to have someone guiding me along the way because half the reason why I took a very long hiatus was that at one point I didn’t really see any new opportunities to Roleplay because I didn’t know there was such a thing as open threads and errands, and have a dozen other things that I would have quite liked to know about. Now that I have finally learned about all these new and fun things I have been quite enjoying all the amenities this ever improving site offers. I even revived a gobstone club in character and I never knew I would be able to do that before my hiatus. I never knew half the things that make this community and site enjoyable. In fact, I wasn’t even able to find the Discord till now and lost a chance to have fun in the beginning in the chaotic creativity that server is. But I can be the person to help a newbie explore all these things and make the process of integrating so much easier. I could be the person I needed in the past. I could be the person that explains all the itty bitty details that are part of the culture of the site that a new member has to learn, the tags on a post, the types of posts, where to post, how to Roleplay, how to get a Roleplay partner, how to even get through the beginning process, how to navigate, where what they need is. I would like to be a mentor because that is what I needed to start having fun on this site and I want that to be that learning process be in their first year so that they can enjoy the rest of their experience not their fourth year like me.
Added to waitlist - lear 1.24.24

Parselmouth, Pureblood, Noble House of Theramin Sta:7 Ev:7 Str:6 Wis: 6 Arc:7 Acc:7 Check out my shop

30 Jan 2024, 13:20
Name: Wren Mornstern
Year: 1st
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Almost
Why do you want to be a mentor? I remember when I first started as Thorn and I had a hard time navigating the site. I got really frustrated and didn't want to be on the site for a couple days after that. I even jumped into a private thread because I didn't know what PV meant. I would like to help players not be frustrated with the site and them not wanting to roleplay because they can't figure it out. I also have made my fair share of mistakes on this site and want to help new users not to make the same mistakes I did!

Added to waitlist - Orion (Feb/1/2024)

It's good to stir up a little trouble in the family!

19 Feb 2024, 04:10
Name: Linda Ramirez
Year: Second
I find it so nice to be able to help others. In the very beginning of using this site, some might find it confusing to navigate through the site and/or registering. That's why it's really important to be there for new users or those who are coming back after long time no using site.

This way I believe it increases chance for them to get to enjoy this amazing community. And, hopefully, get less regrets about not creating their character the way they'd like.

I also was helping others already a little bit from time to time, stating that I'm not in any staff position, but it would be really awesome to become a mentor and help others even more.

Added to waitlist - Beatrice (Feb/20/2024)

Will is able to change even the lines on our palms
────────────・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────────────
✮Linda Ramirez✮-ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ-Kaya Rose Bennett-ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ-

22 Mar 2024, 11:05
Name: Renelle Dalton
Year: Year 1
Why do you want to be a mentor? From personal experience, I know that HIO can be very confusing at first, since it’s a very big site and there’s a lot of things we need to do that new players may not fully understand (e.g. creating an encyclopaedia, registering with Index etc). I would love to aid more new players in navigating the site, and help them settle into the community quickly.

Added to waitlist. (April 28th, 2024) - Orion

Am I mad? Or bad? Or wise?