Register
Sign in

21 Feb 2022, 20:13
Mentorship Program: Mentors  Sign up 
Name: Lamik Fillestar

Year: 4th

Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes!

Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Yes!

Are you registered with Index? Yes!

Why do you want to be a mentor?
Ive been on this site for multiple years, and believe that I have spent that time well. While my levels of activity have varied, I have never actually gone on hiatus and have always been at least semi-active. I spent over a year on staff as the professor of flight, where I believe that I did good work and got along well with my peers and the general playerbase. Outside of my former staff work, I have always had what I'd consider a good relationship with most people on the site, and am very active on the discord server. Finally, I'm very familiar with the Quidditch, Duelling, and Racing systems, as I helped update and develop (along with writing multiple OOC lessons on) two of them, and am currently in the gryffindor dueling team.

These reasons are why I believe that I'll make a good mentor, and the thought of being a good mentor is why I want to try being one. This site can be confusing and intimidating, but when you learn how stuff works it really becomes clear how great it is. I wanna help at least one or two people see that side of it.
Mod Note: Reviewed and owl sent.

Wisdom: 11 - Arcane Power: 12 - Accuracy: 11 - Stamina: 7 - Strength: 3 - Evasion: 17
Binding Mark - Blind Vision - Paragon of Health

21 Feb 2022, 21:49
Name: Wyatt Starkey
Year: Third
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months?: Yep
Do you have a completed encyclopedia?: Yeah yeah
Are you registered with Index?: You know it
Why do you want to be a mentor?: Since joining, I've fallen in love with the Hio community both in character and OOC in the discord server and ooc talk threads. I'd love to help guide new members to find their way in whatever they'd like to do on the site whether that means being a kid at Hogwarts or, on top of that, a writer, quidditch player, duellist, or an awesome, perfect, incredible, showstopping, and spectacular broom racing cowperson (yeehaw). Plus, I could help players navigate NPC creation and registration, having made one. Off the site, though, I know it can be hard to start interacting with others and would be thrilled to help them do so if they'd like.

IC-wise, I think Wyatt would be a good fit to mentor those who are a little quieter and newer to the magical world in general. Having had a rough and confusing first year, he doesn't exactly wish the same bad fortune on all the eleven-year-old muggle-borns or half-bloods that show up at Hogwarts. He'd also be a good fit for those who are interested in broom racing, as the system is fairly new, so your mentor being someone who is involved would be helpful. Additionally, Wyatt just feels more comfortable with those younger than him. He's loyal to those younger than him, those he cares about, and those he feels like he owes something to, so the first-year would be more than safe with him.
Mod Note: Reviewed and owled.

“If you ever need anything please don't
hesitate to ask someone else first.” - Kurt Cobain.

Sta: 7 | Eva: 11 | Str: 4 | Wis: 9 | Arc: 9 | Acc: 10

23 Feb 2022, 01:17
Name: Katrina Walker
Year: Fourth
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes! My activity dipped a bit this summer but I was still on consistently and posting fairly frequently.
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Yep
Are you registered with Index? Another yes
OOC
Getting a hang of the site when I first joined was a bit of a hassle and it took me a bit of time and help to get myself on my feet. I really didn't understand how everything worked for a while and I likely wouldn't have stuck with it if it weren't for a few people that reached out and gave a hand or some answers. I would absolutely love to be that person. In the past I've rather enjoyed giving some help to some people new to the site, answering some quick questions about threads or just pointing to the FAQ thread. I've found a home here and would love to help others feel the same way.

IC
Katrina also had a bit of a hectic start when it came to Hogwarts and would likely feel similarly to giving a helping hand. She has been a bit of a mentor in a few threads here and there. Although it is a skill she wasn't a master at first, she has always admired leadership qualities and would jump on the opportunity to help.

>Stats: Sta 9, Evas 8, Str 3, Wis 11, ArcP 9, Acc 6<
>Healing Sage | Perfectionist | Charmer || Leader of SHC| Owner of The Kat Shop<

23 Feb 2022, 15:29
Name: Aly Salinger
Year: 3rd
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? I have been active enough to participate in Quidditch since the final game of Aly's second year, and I've only gotten extremely active just in the last two months, but I think I've been active enough on Aly (for Quidditch) to qualify.
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Yes
Are you registered with Index? Yes
IC
Aly is extraordinarily friendly and loves to help people, so if she saw younger students looking a bit lost, she'd definitely jump in to give them some assistance. Also, she did struggle with getting involved during her first year, so she'd want to make sure that doesn't happen to others.
OOC
I have recently rediscovered my love for the H.io community and want to pass it on to others. Also, the reason Aly struggled with getting involved was because I struggled with getting involved - I joined the Quidditch team and did a few homeworks, but I didn't really thread much and that made me feel like I didn't know anyone on site. Now that I feel that I am a part of this community, I think it's time to give back and welcome others into it, too.

I was tame, I was gentle -
ency ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‎‎ 'til the circus life made me mean ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‎‎ iNPC
who's afraid of little old me?

23 Feb 2022, 17:17
Name
Phoenix Cassandra Ironwoods
Year
Third
Have you been active on this account or another account
consistently for the last 6 months?

Yes
Do you have a completed encyclopedia?
Yes
Are you registered with Index?
Yes
OOC
Like many others, when I was starting out on the site, it as overwhelming for me. It took me days to learn all the links that the site provided. Took a bit trial and error until I get the hang of it.

I wished this kind of program existed when I have joined the site, it would help me tremendously. Now, since this site growing each and every day, I want to help the community, new players that just joined the site, and the staff.

This is one of the ways to give back to a site I called and found as a home. By helping new incoming players, I hope they feel the same way as I do. Calling Hogwarts.io as their home.
IC
Cash is a born leader and was not your generic I-will-hold-your-hand type of mentor. They will be hard on you because they know you can do it and though they did not say it out loud, they believe you can do it.

They will help you achieve your greatness and will not be afraid to yell at you if they think you do it wrong or did not live up to your own potential.

Cash had been a mentor in a few threads here and there, whether it is for class or sport-related, mainly Quidditch, since they are a Quidditch player. They also can teach you other spoken languages (French, Latin, and Spanish) if that is what you prefer to do.

sta • 10 | eva • 10 | str • 10
FROM ASHES WE RISE
wis • 8 | arc • 8 | acc • 10
⠀⠀⠀Phoenix C Ironwoods
⠀⠀⠀E N C Y C L O P E D I A
⠀⠀⠀Verona C Andréas
PA | OS | PM Y3
THROUGH⠀THE⠀YEARS
ability | PM Y5 | ability

26 Feb 2022, 18:16
Name: Ari Gwild

Year: 1st Year

Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes

OOC: I absolutely love to help new people learn about the site. Ever since I first joined, I've appreciated how nice everyone is here and how helpful they are when it comes to the complexities of the way things are run here. It can be a lot at first, but it's a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. Helping people find their way around something like this is fun for me, and I hope I can help them find a place where they belong here.

IC: Despite Ari's quietness and lack of social motivation, he is a very supportive and helpful individual. As of late, he has grown in confidence, and has decided to finally take action on dissolving his fear of being close in friendship to others. I feel like he would be a good Mentor because of his level of intellect as well as his desire to help others that may be going through their own struggles much like his own. He's on the lookout for a potential new friend or colleague, and this could be a great way to find one while building his reputation.

I'm still Ravenclaw's resident pretty boy Perfectionist | Sta: 9 - Eva: 8 - Str: 5 - Wis: 9 - Arc: 6 - Acc: 10

1 Mar 2022, 13:50
Name: Evelynn Decipio
Year: Third

Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes

Why do you want to be a mentor? When I first joined the site, I remember it being a bit confusing. I figured it out, obviously, but it did require some obstinate persistence and a lot of back-tracking, but the site was absolutely worth it. Since then, I've tried to convince old RP friends to join, with limited success. Those that did got frustrated with the complexity and found it hard to drop foundational roots. The idea of a mentor works to counter some of that struggle by giving concrete direction and the opportunity for an RP partner as well, however temporary it may or may not be. I've spoken with many who have shared their experiences and have tried to ease some of those transitions. I made a sort of checklist of things first RP thread ideas ages ago that's still pinned in genchat on discord. I'd love to be able to do my part to help new users settle comfortably in to their next RP home!

Evelynn's Trunk
STA | 10‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ STR | 2‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ EVA | 15‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ WIS | 15‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ARC | 2‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ACC | 12

7 Mar 2022, 18:40
Name: Clair Fernandez
Year: First
IC; Clair is very kind and it would be great for her to expand on the group of people she knows.
OOC; I really like to help people, and I feel like I'd be able to help some of the newer people and hopefully make them feel less confused or lost on site!

Mod note: Reviewed and owled.

WHAT IF I FALL? OH, MY DARLING
WHAT IF YOU FLY?

20 Mar 2022, 22:59
Name: Shanelle Meza
Year: 1
Are you registered with Index? Yep!
IC: Shanelle is a friendly person and would love to help others around. She'd also love to make new friends.
OOC: I remember I wasn't registered in the Index when the end of the year passed, that's why I'm still stuck as a first year. And I was pretty confused at first too! To be able to help new players get the hang of it and live the fullest would mean a lot to me.

29 Mar 2022, 21:25
Name: Damion White
Year: 3rd
IC: Damion is a helpful and friendly person. He wants to help people in need.
OOC: I feel like I am outgoing and friendly. I wanna be more active and help people around. I want to be able to show people around the site and help them to do things that they need help with.

It passed you up and slipped you by. But we're all bound to end up back to where we started
Damion White || Dylan Rhys (Durmstrang iNPC)