Register
Sign in
1 Oct 2021, 03:13
Catch Me If You Can  Errand 

The Grand Hall. Never a silent place. "Hey catch!" A loud feminine voice called from above. Above as in she was standing on one of the tables and directing the house elfs to place decorations around the room. A smaller figure, whether it was that she was short in stature or perhaps because she was on the ground panicked and ended up catching, whatever it was with her face. A startled noise was heard from the girl on the ground, the other girl, climbing off the table didn't seem to notice her predicament. The shorter girl, a brunette had peeled the thing off her face and felt around it. Thin, and sharp, had the texture like rough paper and was fairly small. "You are pretty bat at catching things." The taller girl casually called out, her feet finding the ground again.

Instead of frowning, the girl's mouth shaped into an 'o' at the realization and her face crinkled into a smile and she burst into a small fit of laughter. "Th- that was so bad- I'm sorry since when do you have a sense of humor?" She'd continue giggling while a glare was probably sent her direction. Finally, she'd contain herself and turn, the toe of her foot touching a larger, hard object. "We still got to put some more pumpkins up before we are finished decorating huh?" The girl would bend down to pick up a pumpkin, a small grunt escaping her as she wrapped her hands around the heavy thing. "Little help?" She'd wheeze out, feeling the weight of the pumpkin get lifted off her chest and hands before she bent down to repeat the same motion a few more times. What a work out.

A few minutes later and all the pumpkins had been set on the table besides a small one the brunette cradled. The paper bats were spread around the room, hanging from the ceiling at different heights. "Ah could you maybe-?" The taller girl, a red-head, called over to a house elf who had helped put up the bats. The house elf would nod before she even finished her sentence and snapped their fingers. In one quick motion the bats would pop to life from the paper, squeaking and doing slow loops around the Great Hall in a casual manner. The pumpkins floated effortlessly upwards, levitating at different heights.

"Oh shoot, bring them down we forgot to put candles in a few of them." The red-head grumbled and another snap could be heard. A few pumpkins stopped hovering and fell at an alarming rate. "DUCK AND COVER!" She screamed. But alas it was too late. A few pumpkins quite literally rained from the sky and hit the ground with a large thunk. Both girls who had safely avoided getting crushed by pumpkins emerged from their safety behind the a table got up and paused. "Well that was weird-" The brunette commented, a bit startled. She clutched the pumpkin tightly to her, she survived a near death experience, nothing could get worse right. Right?

Well think again, it is Hogwarts after all. The pumpkin moved in her grasp. The brunette freaking out nearly dropped the pumpkin. A small stretching noise was heard, then a leafy texture reached out to touch her arm. "River- I think my pumpkin's moving.." Unbeknownst to the brunette, the red-head faced a problem of her own. The girl went over to examine a pumpkin to see if it was still in tact and rolled it over only to see eyes and a mouth blink and smile up at her. She shrieked and fell backward. About 2 dozen pumpkins began to grow vine arms and legs, their faces blinking and having human-like characteristics, one even sneezing pumpkin seeds out of it's mouth on the floor. The scream scared on particular pumpkin and it exploded in a shower of pumpkin guts over the two girls. The rest of the pumpkins got up, giggled and ran, including the one previously in brunette's grasp. Now the only thing she was grasping was a handful of pumpkin mush.

A heavy silence fell over the common room, the house elfs were no where to be seen and even the bats had stopped flying to take a look at the scene. Finally, the girl, River spoke in a quiet voice. "Annie I think we are going to have to clean the entire Grand Hall and then get expelled." The girl, Annie also broke the silence with a response. "My friend ran off and didn't even say bye." River turned and flicked Annie on the head, of which she replied with a small 'ouch' and rubbed her goo-covered head. They both stared out the doors where the pumpkins had ran off. Great, just great. More enchanted objects gone running loose around Hogwarts.

Halloween had come early and it was all tricks no treats.
Hello all! Welcome to the Catch Me If You Can Errand! This will be hosted by myself and @River Dewlight If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Description: House elves have bewitched pumpkins in honor of Halloween but not in the way they expected. Annie and River are helping move the pumpkins onto the dining tables in the great hall when suddenly the pumpkins have grown vine arms and legs and have run loose around the castle. Students better catch them quickly before anyone finds out, but beware, if spooked, the pumpkins may have a nasty surprise in store for them.

Note: To catch the pumpkins, please list it as an action (It can be a spell like Immobulus, Flippendo, etc or just simply writing an action talking about catching it). One member per group will "catch" the pumpkin. River or myself will roll a natural 1d100 dice to see if you are successful. Below 50 is unsuccessful (whether you are successful or not doesn't matter as long as you achieve the word count)

Prerequisite: 400 words per student. Locations you may do your errand include: Great Hall, Small Hall, Corridors and Courtyard. Side note: The Halls will be modded by myself, Corridor & Courtyard by River. P.S If you choose the Great Hall, don't interact with us as this is just a starter post :) We will be actively checking posts daily for moderating. If you wait longer than a few days, feel free to owl us.
Group Type: 2-4 per group
Reward: 4 sickles
Date: IC it starts October 5th for anyone who wants a specific date. Sign ups will open now and you may create threads early if you'd like. Reward eligibility goes through October 26th (3 weeks)
Errand Forum (Please fill this out to be eligible for rewards!)

Group Members:
Link to Your Post:
Word Count/Completion Status:
Moderation Check (leave blank):

♡ Life is just a trip, don't let it trip you up - Cash Campbell
1 Oct 2021, 03:20
Group Members: Juniper Kelly and Cody Stevenson "The chaotic duo"
Link to Your Post: here
Word Count/Completion Status: in progress
Moderation Check (leave blank): Done - Annie

Sana Juni Shop
|
Don't play games with a girl who can play them better
Sta: 5 | Eva: 4 | Str: 6 | Acc: 6 | Arc: 4 | Wis: 5
|
CFC trading club
1 Oct 2021, 05:16
Group Members: @Bloom Silverton & @Marla Quinlan
Link to Your Post: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=18106
Word Count/Completion Status: Bloom - 408/400 || Marla - 648/400
Moderation Check (leave blank): Done - River

Stamina - 10| Evasion - 11| Strength - 10| Wisdom - 11| ArcPower - 10 | Accuracy - 11
1 Oct 2021, 07:58
Link to Post: Here
Liana Kerr

1214/400
Maggie Hawkins

620/400
Completion Status: Errand finished, thread ongoing
Moderation Check: Done - River
Last edited by Liana Kerr on 31 Oct 2021, 18:13, edited 6 times in total.

Tarja Akimovna Blavatsky || Kerr & Co. Banner Boutique
Prodigal DADA || Stamina: 5 | Evasion: 5 | Strength: 1 | Wisdom: 9 | Arcane Power: 6 | Accuracy: 9
1 Oct 2021, 15:56
Group Members: @Della Barfield | @Hui Ming
Link to Your Post: Pumpkin Chase!
Della Barfield 496/400
Hui Ming 442/400
Last edited by Della Barfield on 28 Oct 2021, 23:15, edited 3 times in total.

Della from Paddington
stamina 6 | evasion 15 | strength 3 | wisdom 9 | arcane power 5 | accuracy 10
Parselmouth | Evasive Maneuvers
1 Oct 2021, 18:28
Group Members: @Avery Mostafa, @Alice Grimmshaw and @Nicholas McCowan
Link to Your Post: viewtopic.php?f=298&t=18135
Serena Towers: 400/400 [Completed]
Avery Mostafa: 400/400 [Completed]
Alice Grimmshaw: 400/400 [Completed]
Nicholas McCowan: 400/400 [Completed]

Moderation Check (leave blank): Done- River

Part-Goblin | Evasive Maneuvers | Beastmaster | Paragon of Health
Stamina: 10 | Evasion: 17 | Strength: 3 | Wisdom: 15 | Arcane Power: 10 | Accuracy: 15
1 Oct 2021, 18:59
Group Members: @Avery Chen @Matthew Gray @Samantha Salwis @Rachel Davis
Link to Your Post: Link
  • Avery Chen: 443/400 - Complete
  • Matthew Gray: 505/400 - Complete
  • Samantha Salwis: 555/400 - Complete
  • Rachel Davis: 403/400 - Complete
Last edited by Avery Chen on 4 Oct 2021, 18:23, edited 4 times in total.
1 Oct 2021, 22:39
Group Members: @Scarlet Salvatore, @Rose Moon, @Henry Knight
Link To the Post: Here!
WordCounts/Completion Status:
Scarlet Salvatore - 456/400 - Complete
Rose Moon - 915/400 - Complete
Henry Knight - 635/400 - Complete

Last edited by Henry Knight on 14 Oct 2021, 16:06, edited 4 times in total.

"There's no such thing as strange creatures, only blinked people" - Newt Scamander
2 Oct 2021, 16:34
Group Members: Santario Martin & @Clair Fernandez
Link to Your Post: Trick or Treat?
Santario Martin| 491/400 [Completed]
Clair Fernandez| 439/400 [Completed]

Moderation Check (leave blank):Done - Annie

Healing Sage: +30% healing | Prodigal Charms | Impartial | Fearless
Stamina : 10 | Evasion : 7 | Strength : 3 | Wisdom : 12 | Arcane Power : 10 | Accuracy : 15
2 Oct 2021, 19:23
Group Members: @Emily R. Brewer | @Akari Kato | @Aurora Accola | Dealla Prince
Link to Your Post: Pumpkins Gone Wild
  • Emily R. Brewer: 0/400 | In Progress Withdrew
  • Akari Kato: 434/400 | Completed
  • Aurora Accola: 437/400 | Completed
  • Dealla Prince: 617/400 | Completed

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar."
Sta:7 | Ev:15 | Str:3 | Wis:14 | Arc:8 | Ac:16Evasive Maneuvers | Charmer | Perfectionist II | Spell Spread----------------
HC: #004064