Register
Sign in

11 Jul 2023, 16:14
Code-related feedbacks, suggestions and ideas
I just saw this and personally, I think it’s an amazing idea. I just have one suggestion that would maybe help prevent abusive roleplaying like Lear was saying. What if the pet shop took in stray animals? People could roleplay meeting their pet and really the only change would be that the pet was most likely a stray animal. I do (OOC) volunteer with an animal shelter so I’m not oblivious to ways animals are affected by being stray. That being said, I would love to see this transition into adopting rather than buying pets.

“We are impossibilities living in an impossible world.”

12 Jul 2023, 05:49
Just a fun idea : A reminder like the voting for the site, except for daily sickles in our common rooms

Metamorphagus | Ability | Ability
Sta 5 | Eva 6 | Str 9
Obnoxiously Strong | Ability | Ability | Ability
Oliver Brown

12 Jul 2023, 08:16
^ Yeah, I think this one has been suggested many times before.

with love
— amaris

16 Jul 2023, 00:06
For the time being I have added a clarification to the Pet Thread:
So I have to RP buying a pet in the shop?

No, but that is the most obvious choice. You can roleplay buying a pet in the shop, or just be here getting supplies (like food or a bowl) and just "think back" to when you really got the pet. Maybe it was a gift from your parents, it was a stray you picked up, a wild animal you tamed, etc. The only ask we have of you is that you do not describe maltreatment, neglect or abuse done to your animal because it goes against our rating and frankly we do not want to read it.
[Link]

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

16 Jul 2023, 09:15
Thank you for this!

2 Aug 2023, 07:00
I want to suggest something about roleplaying. Currently, only parselmouths can take partners in to the secret chamber, however, I think it might also be logical that a Gryffindor gives a Hufflepuff their common room password, or a Ravenclaw solves a riddle and welcomes a Gryffindor.

Considering that some forums also have other functions such as-- potions storeroom lets students buy other ingredients, so I came up with this idea:

Give a sub forum for the small hall/ some where else, the students can do the roleplays there. Say: a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw. They roleplay the Gryffindor welcoming the Ravenclaw into the common room and shows her around. So, they do this roleplay in the forum, and then, there is a registration thread at the top, after the roleplay is finished, they can register to move the roleplay into the Gryffindor common. So, the Ravenclaw can claim going to the Gryffindor common room when she cannot either collect the scholarship there or see the other threads, which gives the Gryffindors privacy.

Some related rules to make this going properly:
one of the roleplayers(no matter how many) must have access to the forum. A hufflepuff and a Slytherin cannot enter a Ravenclaw common room

the roleplay must be finished before moved

the starter of the roleplay must be the one who has the access

a reasonable reason must be stated

some possible problems of this system:
1. prefects/other staff might have extra workload

please give me some advice <3 <3

Ravenclaw is an ordinary house, but students there combine all the best traits of all houses!

choco froggies buy&sell Wisdom Ball

2 Aug 2023, 14:02
Full disclosure, what you are proposing is a lot of work for a limited benefit in a system where technically players are not supposed to be in other houses besides their own for the most part with limited exception. I had previously discussed the possibility of having an event, or even an award that involved giving players temporary access to another house with the premise that a secret passage was found and their access was limited because eventually the staff would discover the passage and close it off. However, in discussion someone (and other have since corroborated) that they like having their house as separate from the player base at large. It is a place of safety and security as well as an escape from the community at large and this process would negate that.

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

3 Aug 2023, 01:35
Solomon Lear wrote: 2 Aug 2023, 14:02 Full disclosure, what you are proposing is a lot of work for a limited benefit in a system where technically players are not supposed to be in other houses besides their own for the most part with limited exception. I had previously discussed the possibility of having an event, or even an award that involved giving players temporary access to another house with the premise that a secret passage was found and their access was limited because eventually the staff would discover the passage and close it off. However, in discussion someone (and other have since corroborated) that they like having their house as separate from the player base at large. It is a place of safety and security as well as an escape from the community at large and this process would negate that.
alright, I understand, thanks sir <3

Ravenclaw is an ordinary house, but students there combine all the best traits of all houses!

14 Aug 2023, 07:25
Sorry for double posting, but I have a new idea:

A Calendar. We can mark out the important dates on it such as:
Our friends' hioversary
Deadline of an application
Other important dates.

So, when the date comes, we get a notification in the remeberall.

Idea from my thread hioversary list. I always forget to mention people when they gets to their hioversary, if I can get a mention, it'll be great <3

15 Aug 2023, 00:46
A calendar would need to be hard-coded. One was attempted years ago but never came to fruition. It is under the term schedule and it just goes to error.

Zach, our wonderful coder would be the one to make it. If he ever gets the time, then perhaps maybe he would be able to finish this project.