Register
Sign in

21 Feb 2018, 03:13
FAQ — Questions
Players can deactivate and leave, however as far as I am aware the posts they have made on the account they made it would continue to exist. Otherwise it would leave jarring gaps in roleplays and the work of the other players because this is a cooperative RP setting that would be exceptionally disruptive to the community. That said, personal information would not be made public or shared (such as IP address or e-mail) as always.

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

22 Feb 2018, 04:33
FAQ — Questions
Hi! I was having troubles figuring out how to go about writing a proper character index, do I fill out the forums individually then owl them to a member of staff?

'Gryfect' Adalacia Podmore, the one and only!

22 Feb 2018, 04:36
FAQ — Questions
Adalacia Podmore wrote: Hi! I was having troubles figuring out how to go about writing a proper character index, do I fill out the forums individually then owl them to a member of staff?
Simply create a thread of your own. Be sure to follow the format as indicated. History, Relationships, RPs on separate threads. Once you've finished, owl a staff that you wish to be included in the index.

<< to be is a choice >>

23 Feb 2018, 21:30
FAQ — Questions
I have a question : is there an opening for the male prefect. I realize in the harry potter universe there is always a male and a female prefect. and was wondering (as I just checked) is there an opening for the position, just asking. (if this is not the place to ask such questions please do direct me in the right direction). I look forward to answer.

slytherin first year,
                                     Mortem noctis

"I'll teach the lot and treat them just the same."
—Hufflepuff's view, unlike that of the other founders

23 Feb 2018, 21:49
FAQ — Questions
The prefects of Slytherin are Destrian Dyane and Lucette Brielle. ;) 

Does that answer your question? ^^

24 Feb 2018, 18:13
FAQ — Questions
Hiya, new member here. I have my student character, a silly little Slytherin, and I was wondering if the staff here would appreciate assistance with things like lesson plans, magical/HP/fantasy lore, or anything like that. Does the castle need a librarian character? Like, maybe one who is actually helpful to the students?

This is an example of an Astronomy curriculum I wrote for a different thing (the format is an end-of-term exam):

First Year
    With access to a telescope, list and describe as many celestial bodies as you can. Be sure to include magical connotations and physical description, for full marks. Anything outside of the Sol system is not necessary, but may be considered for additional points if the description is correct.

Second Year
    Explain in detail the magical properties of the star Sol and how it affects the planets. Give special attention to its effects on Earth. For additional points, with access to a telescope, name and explain the magical properties of two or more stars located outside of the Sol system, especially the effects they have on Earth and the other planets.

Third Year
    Explain in detail the concept of the astral convergence. Include an explanation of why such convergences are notable, why they are useful to magical beings such as mages and centaurs, and to what level they passively affect magical and mundane life. For additional points, describe events in history, such as the outcome of battles, that are connected to the history of astral convergences, and describe what ancient magical civilizations believed about such events before the advent of true magical astronomy.

Fourth Year
    Describe at least three regular astral convergences on Earth or elsewhere in the solar system, and explain which and at what level and why specific celestial bodies influence and/or create the necessary circumstances for those convergences to arise. For additional points, describe in detail a historical ritual that could possibly, or has definitely been completed using the power of one of your described convergences, and explain the consequences thereof.

Fifth Year (O.W.L.s)
    With access to a telescope, list and describe every celestial body in the solar system, and at least three dozen celestial bodies outside of the solar system that have magical connotations. Both those connotations and physical descriptions are necessary for full marks. Afterwards, indoors, chart the the night sky over Hogwarts in late May with as much accuracy as you can manage, with vectors for channels of magical energy interacting and traveling throughout space and between the bodies of the solar system. For additional points, calculate from your chart the next occurrence of two or more regular astral convergences anywhere in the solar system. To receive the points, you must show your work, not simply remember when the next occurrence is supposed to come.

Sixth Year
    Explain in detail the existential, universal implications of astral magic and its relationship to other primary sources of magical energy. Argue either for or against the conjecture that celestial bodies are the original source of all magic. Compare and contrast astral rituals, rituals of permanent sacrifice, alchemical rituals and combinations thereof. For additional points, include an explanation of global attitudes towards each of these categories of ritual. Which are "Dark" in Britain? Elsewhere in the world? What is the current and historical legal status of ritual use, especially astral rituals, in Britain?

Seventh Year (N.E.W.T.s)
    With access to a telescope, a globe and a blank star chart, calculate when and where a future non-regular astral convergence will occur. Develop an original, safe astral ritual to be used at that place and time, to enact specific effects not more nor less powerful than the convergence will allow. The convergence does not have to be soon, it could be any length of time in the future, but it must be non-recurring, or recurring only on the scale of every 10 billion years or more. For additional points, explain the theoretical differences between your invented astral ritual and rituals of other categories that seem to achieve similar effects.

Non est salvatori salvator / Neque defensori dominus
Nec mater, nec pater / Nihil supernum

26 Feb 2018, 16:03
FAQ — Questions
Another question, a bit random. What is with the section of the school called "Dominion"? It's the one with the Mirror of Erised in the background image.

(I thought it would be funny to found my World Domination club there, but it seems like only mods can post there.)

Non est salvatori salvator / Neque defensori dominus
Nec mater, nec pater / Nihil supernum

2 Mar 2018, 07:32
FAQ — Questions
I was curious, on the homework segment of this site, what does it exactly mean when you say remain anonymous? How do we do that? Do we just write out our homework, and submit it directly to the lesson plans?

2 Mar 2018, 07:39
FAQ — Questions
Don't mention your name, or other players names, or your house. If asked for a character post, use a new character.

2 Mar 2018, 08:34
FAQ — Questions
Okay, that makes sense. But do we send the homework to the teacher's through owls? That's where I'm mostly stuck, because I couldn't understand how we could remain anonymous by using the homework sheets at the bottom of the lesson plans to submit the homework. 

Sorry I'm being a bit of a bother!