Register
Sign in

26 Jan 2021, 11:35
English errors and spelling mistakes
All those who had the joy of spending a few days in France (come, when it will be reopened, it's beautiful and more friendly than you think ;) ) know that the French are really not particularly fluent in English.

Alas for me, English is not my native language and I don't speak or write it very much. Many translations of the site are therefore imperfect, even false, despite the task force that was set up to translate the site when it opened (thanks again to them!).

This topic therefore aims to list all the translation errors or inaccuracies that you may encounter on the site (graphic interface, presentation pages, etc.).

Please specify 1/ the original sentence and 2/ how it should be changed!

26 Jan 2021, 12:38
The current one I've noticed is when we go to someone's character page (not the encyclopedia), their pet's species is still in French.

For instance: cat is written as "chat", pygmy puff is "bouseflet", and owl is "hibou".

𝔓𝔬𝔡𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔰 𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔳𝔦𝔯, 𝔭𝔬𝔯𝔮𝔲𝔢 𝔇𝔦𝔬𝔰 𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔯
Check out Elsa's Fashion Boutique!

26 Jan 2021, 14:37
We have a number of translation issues from the old translation thread. I will pull over some of the translation issues:
Description of the problem:
This is honestly such a small thing that I feel bad posting about it, but the current wording used for pagination on the site is "# on #" (i.e. '1 on 3'). A more natural way of saying this in English would instead be "# of #" (i.e. '1 of 3').

Place on the website:
All forums, subforums, and threads with multiple pages

Image of the problem:

Suggested correction:
on -> of
Description of the problem: Spelling error
Place on the website: All shops/Areas you can buy something
Image of the problem:

Suggestion of correction: *Your basket is empty
Description of the problem: Types of pets are labelled in French.
Place on the website: On players' profiles.
Image of the problem: (click link)Image
Suggestion of correction: Possibly changing the coding to change the name of the item.

Translations:
Chat - Cat
Boursoufflet - Pygmy Puff
Chouette/Hibou - Owl
grenouille - frog
Source for crediting reporters I will unsticky the original and lock it with a link to this thread.

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

26 Jan 2021, 16:41
When you go to "MY RP" at the bottom of the page, and then click on "+ New Search"

image:
Reducio

The first word under the Search bar is 'Vous' instead of I believe, 'You'

And under the 'Only In' Search thing there are a few symbols I'm not sure what they are. (See highlight)

image:
Reducio

This is also found in the Sorting Settings in personal owelry (click letter img at top of page, the magnifying glass), and MY MESSAGES (click messages button at bottom of page), and the magnifying glass in the corner of every page. So I believe this is in any search section sitewide.

>Stats: Sta 9, Evas 8, Str 3, Wis 11, ArcP 9, Acc 6<
>Healing Sage | Perfectionist | Charmer || Leader of SHC| Owner of The Kat Shop<

27 Jan 2021, 02:06
Not a language issue but it is a typo.

In the rememberall there is no space after a player's name. So Learin instead of Lear for instance.

Just a trick of the lighting they said...

27 Jan 2021, 13:28
Thank very much, everything should be fixed now!

27 Jan 2021, 22:59
Hello, so every pet translate is correct except pigmy puff... it says Boursouflet with I believe is French, right?

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. "
-Edgar Allan Poe

1 Feb 2021, 16:43
when collecting chocolate frog cards, ive noticed in the "xth copy" area, no matter what the last digit it is, its always "th", but if it ends in 1 it should be "st", ending in 2 it should be "nd" and ending in 3 it should be "rd"

I was just opening chocolate frogs and saw these for example, which should say 33rd copy, 31st copy and 22nd copy

Delilah S.
Stamina: 9 | Evasion: 11 | Strength: 5 | Wisdom: 15 | ArcPower: 13 | Accuracy: 14
It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

1 Feb 2021, 23:23
Not sure if this is to go here but if it isn't ill repost elsewhere, just another small thing like above, on the bottom bar there is this
its just the underscore that isn't needed, if it helps I'm using chrome on my laptop

Delilah S.
Stamina: 9 | Evasion: 11 | Strength: 5 | Wisdom: 15 | ArcPower: 13 | Accuracy: 14
It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

2 Feb 2021, 17:46
An alternative statement to make for those cards might me 22 copies 23 copies, etc. Anything after one copy would turn into "copies" the plural.

Just a trick of the lighting they said...