Register
Sign in

12 Apr 2018, 19:28
Years in Hogwarts?
I was just gonna ask if in this game, we're going to eventually turn into adults and won't be able to not turn to them.

I mean, can't I stay as 1st year forever?

And if we do grow old, as Adults, what would we do?

I'm just scared of not being able to study in Hogwarts anymore..

I love Hogwarts.

~A. Finch~

12 Apr 2018, 20:49
Years in Hogwarts?
Hi Austin,

you will have seven (irl) years at Hogwarts! We follow a system of real time role playing. Unfortunately you can not stay a first year forever, but a year is a lot of time to be one.

As adults there are plenty of jobs in the wizarding world. Such as an auror, magical healer, and so forth.

You could always be a Hogwarts teacher when your character grows up You never know.

For more info on the server, I suggest looking at the threads posted in the character section of the encyclopedia for a time line of our wizarding world, and the wizarding
journey thread in the great hall!

~ Eris Fawley, Gryffindor Prefect
Last edited by Eris Fawley on 5 Aug 2018, 06:23, edited 1 time in total.

sorry not sorry bout' what i said
STA: 6 EVA: 7 STR: 1 WIS: 8 ACC 9 ACC: 9
abilities: transfig DC -5

1 May 2018, 12:20
Years in Hogwarts?
I have also got a question, not on the exact same subject, but similar. Actually, I have got two questions.

1. How long is a year in hogwarts.io? A real year? Or do you have to solve certain assignments and finish the term when you've done this? And are there holidays? If yes, what do Hogwarts students do during these Holidays?

2. How do you get a job? What career possibilities are there?

Love, Kathleen
(who really, really loves being at Hogwarts!)

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

2 May 2018, 01:24
Years in Hogwarts?
I can answer your first question.

A year is a real year. In September all students move up a year.

"Chocolate omnia constituit"
//Co-Founder of Gobstones Club//Writer//

3 May 2018, 14:19
Years in Hogwarts?
Kathleen Taylor wrote: I have also got a question, not on the exact same subject, but similar. Actually, I have got two questions.

1. How long is a year in hogwarts.io? A real year? Or do you have to solve certain assignments and finish the term when you've done this? And are there holidays? If yes, what do Hogwarts students do during these Holidays?

2. How do you get a job? What career possibilities are there?

Love, Kathleen
(who really, really loves being at Hogwarts!)
Hello,

1. We work on real time. So right now, it's May of first year. In September, all current students will move to 2nd year. That's in terms of RPG + Main Story progression.

We also have a homework system (which you can see after 10 days of joining the site + 20 posts). Here, students are required to do 25 lessons to move up a year. There is no time limit to do this. You can do 0 in one month or all of them. Currently, we don't have 25 lessons live but by September, there will be.

Yes, there will be holidays in Hogwarts. I believe it will be 2 months around July-Sept, in line with UK Summer holidays / Canon time.

During this time, there's plenty to do. RPGs in the "London/elsewhere" Section, Diagon Alley etc. Could do family RPGs, invite friends over to your house, so forth. A few of the school threads that were started before July may also need to be finished so you would be able to finish those up too. Pretty much anything realistic for someone of that age. For example, 11 year olds wouldn't be permitted to go travelling with their friends without adults present but when they were 16-17, their parents may let a group of them go on holiday together?

2. Jobs are available upon graduation, I guess (or at least once your character is an adult). There's tons of options. This thread has a few of them, based on each subject.

Thanks,

Serena

Part-Goblin | Evasive Maneuvers | Beastmaster | Paragon of Health
Stamina: 10 | Evasion: 17 | Strength: 3 | Wisdom: 15 | Arcane Power: 10 | Accuracy: 15

7 May 2018, 22:23
Years in Hogwarts?
... this outs me as one lazy ass student but what if you do zero lessons and a year goes by?

4 Jun 2018, 13:11
Years in Hogwarts?
If I just started in June will I have time to graduate for September?
OR
Are graduations extended for people entering later on in the game?

Thanks in advance!

You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong...
a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

4 Jun 2018, 13:35
Years in Hogwarts?
Jamie Campbell wrote: ... this outs me as one lazy ass student but what if you do zero lessons and a year goes by?
Sorry for the delay, I just saw this. If you haven't done the first year lessons you need to move up to the next year, then it will just continue to say "First Year" on your profile. You can, however, move up in terms of RPG. So in September, you can say you're second year - along with everyone else currently on the site. However, it will still say first year on your profile + you won't be able to access spells for the upper years. I think you also wouldn't get access to Hogsmeade, in third year, because your profile will still be treated as a first year.

That being said, you can do the homework as and when you want. I've currently only done 2. But I plan to try and do all 25 over the next few months so that I can become "second year" later on this year.

Stamina: 10 | Evasion: 17 | Strength: 3 | Wisdom: 15 | Arcane Power: 10 | Accuracy: 15

4 Jun 2018, 13:38
Years in Hogwarts?
Gemini Violet wrote: If I just started in June will I have time to graduate for September?
OR
Are graduations extended for people entering later on in the game?

Thanks in advance!
You will be able to go to second year in September, yes. This will be in terms of RPG. Your profile will still say "First Year" until you've done 25 pieces of homework. The homework system will be unlocked after you've been a member for at least 10 full days and you have over 20 posts. The homework can be completed at any time. Currently we don't have 25 available to do. But once we have all 25, you can do them all and move up to the second year in your own time.

A year in game is a year full time. So there's plenty of time to roleplay and graduate!

4 Jun 2018, 16:02
Years in Hogwarts?
^ Wait, I thought there were 28 assignments out right now...

A.C.
happy, free, confused, and lonely in the best way