Register
Sign in

2 Sep 2020, 15:41
Index Re-Application
Extremely Important: If this is your first time registering for the Official Index, you are in the wrong place. Instead, use the initial registration thread here.

This is a registry thread for those who wish to re-apply for the Official Index after being removed. Players can be removed from Index for many reasons, including inactivity or the need to edit a facet of their character's backstory. In the event that you have been gone from the site long enough to have been removed and missed graduation, we will be looking for an explanation as to why your character was held back. If you have been gone for a long time and wish to explore a new character, please check out our character deactivation process here: viewtopic.php?f=255&t=5292

Re-application of Index is also required for major character changes, such as changing parts of the character that was originally approved during registration. In cases of major backstory changes, these changes must make sense and those facets of the character cannot have been roleplayed already, there cannot be abilities tied to these changes (such as lovely creature and now being a hideous monster), and regardless of intended changes your profile remains a source of truth (so for example if you are a pureblood on your profile and want to claim you were adopted, your birth parents need to be purebloods).

For example, if changing the fact that your character is an only child to suddenly having a twin that he grew up with - your character cannot already be in established roleplays where he tells people he is an only child nor can you secretly edit out these remarks because this has already been roleplayed. However, if you are changing it to say that you have a secret brother that he never knew about, that can explain this discrepancy. You'd need to explain how that happened in your application below. Include the backstory behind it and your plans on how your character will find out.

Another example, you decide to discover that you were adopted or that your father is not your real father. This is absolutely something that you can do, the in character claims of paternity were done with the in character knowledge that you had. However, your profile serves as a source of truth and your abilities should not contradict this. For instance, if your character is a half-blood and intends to find our they are a pureblood, having something like muggle condition would make this impossible (and should have been verified at the time you applied for the ability).

Some players choose to discover that they are siblings or cousins well after creation. This can be hard to do and does not always work out. You will need to provide us with a logical family tree that does not contradict your profile or what has been written and the other user's consent.

It is your responsibility to keep track of your character's backstory and abilities and make sure that it makes sense. While index will work with you to try and facilitate your storylines, the majority of the work falls on you as the writer to make sure you are following the site's lore and remains consistent.

Note that if you apply for a name change, this is a one-time only change. You get one name change per account, and there must be IC reasoning associated with it. Please be aware that special symbols such as ü tend to glitch with donation system. we will not stop you from using these symbols but it may have an adverse effect on your experience.

We do not offer blood-status changes or date of birth changes in this forum.
Regarding other information that is displayed in your profile card, it is expected to be truthful. This means that any changes to residence, name or nationality would be recent IC changes that need to be explained IC as well.

Please fill out this form when posting here:
Character Name (First and last name):
School Year or Adult Level: Year your profile says, not the year you could be according to your registration date.
House:
Link to Encyclopedia:
Reason for Reapplication: This can be inactivity, backstory changes, because you were removed etc.. Please no more than 2K words.
You do not need to post your stats. If you have been taken off the Index, your trunk was deleted. In the process of being re-added, the trunk will be restored. You can not use the re-application to reset your stats.
Just like for registration, a re-registration can take up to 14 days, so please be patient. Should you have waited longer, please owl Opeila Winters or Dusana Sabo.

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.

6 Sep 2020, 06:33
Index Re-Application
Character name (First name and last name): Maya Galim
Schooling Year: Professor
House: Professor
Link to the Encyclopedia file: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=838
Reason why I re-apply: Updated Maya's backstory (took out details of Uagadou and Maya is not flying to Uganda on her own).

Stamina: 11 || Evasion: 7 || Strength: 7 || Wisdom: 20 || ArcPower: 15 || Accuracy: 10

16 Nov 2020, 14:51
Index Re-Application
Cade Darkbound | First Year | Ravenclaw
Link to Ency: Here
Re-Apply Reason: I would like to add to Cade's backstory more information about his little sister and why she is always ill. I thought it would be fitting for her to have a specialty race. Lycanthropy seems to make the most sense for Astrid Darkbound's character. She is known to refrain from public activities and her parents are very protective and private about her affliction. This wouldn't change much of Cade's character because he always had a fondness for his sister. He would just be tentative to talk about her with other people around.
Question: If this gets approved can I rewrite Cade's backstory to better introduce Astrid's character?
Approved
Please, owl Béatrice Lydursdattir your new backstory in full length.
This will just be flavour for the backstory, she will not in any way have any abilities or chances to turn you or another in the future.

STA: 7 | EVA: 7 | STR: 5 | WIS: 12 | ARC: 8 | ACC: 8

Prodigal Charms, Perfectionist

22 Nov 2020, 20:54
Index Re-Application
Piérre Marchonné | Second Year | Gryffindor
Link to Ency:
Currently in Renovation...
Re-Application Rationale: Requesting permission to alter Confidential Backstory of Romeo and Piérre. In current understanding, the boys are the cousins of two different lineages (bound by identical Muggleborn mother twins for their magical heritage, and identical Muggle father twins), explaining their similar appearances. However, after reading through the current story, the reasoning for their abandonment seems unclear and the unknown force that hunted the family is nonsensical. Personally, I cannot think of a way to make this part of the story pertinent to Piérre's overarching lore.

In a renovated story, Piérre and Romeo are indeed twins bound by blood, with their magic stemming from their Pureblooded father's side. Their mother's blood status is flexible, for though I would prefer to alter her blood status to Pureblood to reflect political intrigue and thereby change Piérre's and Romeo's status to Pureblood (I do not intend to pick up or apply for Muggle Condition in the future if this request is accepted), I can maintain Half-blood status and still maintain continuity in the intended arc. The father has an elder twin, and in a local divination, the elder brother was told that he would be slain by his younger brother's lineage. At this time, Piérre and Romeo, then named Corvus and Aquilla, were hardly weeks old, and their jealous, paranoid, (and slightly mad due to tight knit genetic bloodlines) uncle was planning their demise.

The same events would then take place; the father and mother fled the danger, left the boys in the adoptive care of Muggles to turn their trail cold, and then vanished, leaving a mystery for the boys to unravel. At this point, the canon would be untouched, the history of the Muggle parents, the young magic, the accident, the exchange of households, and then the current events at Hogwarts. Since no allusion has been made to the past of the boys, this is the only reason why I request a re-application.

Query: Is it a possibility to alter the twins' Blood Statuses to Pureblood? If not, the reasoning is completely understood. (I do not intend to apply for 'The Muggle Condition' nor do I indent to instate retcons in the backstory. The only variation is knowledge that neither of the boys are aware of and will not be aware of until events taking place either over this coming summer or the following fall.)

Thank you for your consideration, and thank you so much for everything that you do for this site and the players involved!
Mod note: Generally it is no issue to change blood status (as long as it won't happen too often). My personal issue is, that this version sounds an awful lot like the first draft which had to be altered due to site rules. I will discuss with the team. Should you have questions you can owl me (Béatrice).

Mod note (updated) - as of 2023 for users that are reading this note, we do not allow users to change their blood status during the re-application process. The profile page is considered to be a source of truth. It is also relevant for the approval of abilities (such as muggle condition).

iiiiiiiI'm a very dangerous man when I don't know what I'm doing.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ The 4th Doctor
| Piérre | Romeo | iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
| Chocco Froggos Shop! |iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

22 Nov 2020, 20:59
Index Re-Application
Character name (First name and last name): Kayla Taaffe
Schooling Year: 2nd Year
House: Slytherin
Link to the Encyclopedia file: https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=9580
Reason why I re-apply: An update to my profile.
Mod note: please define what you want to update. What do you want to change from what to what.

Kayla Taaffe

2 Dec 2020, 18:55
Index Re-Application
Name: Ami Procoppio
Schooling Year: 4th
House: Hufflepuff
Link to Encyclopedia: [x]
Reason for re-applying: Changed Ami's backstory/history from it's original (more specifically her first instance of magic), just wanted to cover all my bases and make sure it's good to go. Link to Ami's history (first instance of magic is towards the bottom): [x]
Mod note: please link what you changed.
With the understanding that Ami couldn't "do magic" when she was emotional. This is not intentional.
Last edited by Ami Procoppio on 20 Dec 2020, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly.
STA 7 | EVA 12 | STR 18 | WIS 6 | ARCP 3 | ACC 16
martial artist | prodigal transfig | spell spread | animagus

3 Dec 2020, 00:53
Index Re-Application
Name May Moonstar
School Year 2nd
House Hufflepuff
Link to encyclopedia BOOM
Reason for re-applying
Ive changed the part where it said that May was a metamorph because of last years circumstances and I would aslo want to lock my fourth ency post instead of the first, since that's the place where I will hold my History instead.
Mod note: your ency is locked for a reason. We will edit your history part when you want to update it, like now. You have changed your history without notifying us in the last, hence why your history is locked.
I have copied your history into your first post.

Martial Artist
STA●8
EVA●6
STR●9
WIS●4
ARC●4
ACC●9

5 Dec 2020, 03:59
Index Re-Application
Name: Annie Morgan
Schooling Year: Third
Link to encyclopedia: Tada
Reason for re-applying: Big change to history, over the 2020 Christmas Break an event happens that causes Annie to get cursed and lose her eyesight.

Note: If this gets approved, I have it set to not be in effect until after Christmas break when she returns to school (since I won't be doing any RP's until after those dates)

Event written below:

Reducio
It was Christmas break and this time Annie had decided to visit her family instead of staying at Hogwarts. Her mother picked her up from the train station and took her home. After a long eight hour trip back home which included many stories, laughing and singing along horribly to the radio they pulled into the driveway and arrived at the doorstep. The brunette was enveloped in a tight hug and she returned the hug, equally as strong. ”Hey dad I missed you, even though we wrote letters it’s good to see you face to face again.” She smiled and he wiped his thumb under her eyes, wiping away a stray tear she didn’t know had fallen from her eyes. She wasn’t as close to her father as she was with her mother but it was true that she missed him.

The girl separated from the hug finally and took her trunk her mother had been holding before dragging it upstairs. With a groan she laid the trunk down in her room and took in the sight. It was a normal teenage girl’s room. White walls, fairy lights, a few succulents and cacti in the window by the side of her room, a black bean bag chair, a fuzzy black rug and a giant bed with black covers. For being a Hufflepuff, her home room was very.. plain. She laid back with a sigh onto the bed and curled up in a blanket, letting the warmth envelope her. Her eyes started drooping before sleep overtook her small form.

Annie turned in her sleep and blinked her eyes slowly before they adjusted to the dark room around her. It was dark outside and she panicked momentarily. How long did I sleep? Did I miss dinner? She carefully got out of bed and stretched, hearing some of her joints pop from being in a curled position when sleeping. After a bit she wandered to her bedroom door and slowly opened it before peering out. Her parent’s bedroom was downstairs and she didn’t see any lights on so she assumed they were asleep. The brunette was about to head back inside when a cold metal brushed by her foot making her jump. The girl looked down to see a dinner plate with chicken, potatoes and corn and the metal fork which had touched her. A small smile appeared on her lips as she saw a little sticky note on it stating
“I figured you were tired but when you wake up here’s your dinner :)

Annie picked up her plate and wandered downstairs with it before setting it down at the table. She had never eaten in her room so it surprised her that the food was at the foot of her door instead of on the counter or in the fridge. After the quick meal she picked up the plate, fork and glass she had got during her meal to drink water to the sink and wash them. Before beginning the chore she heard a knock on the door and paused. A warning system blared through her. Who the heck was at the door? No one should be here this late at night. What if someone’s car broke down nearby? Should I answer the door? Am I going to get kidnapped? A second knock, this time a little louder echoed through the house, shaking her from her thoughts. Before overthinking and panicking again she raced to the door as quietly as possible to not wake up her parents. There she opened the door slowly to reveal a tall man with peppery hair, greying stubble and electric blue eyes. She had never seen this man before so she made sure to keep his image sharp in her mind. ”Who are you and what are you doing at this residence so late?”

Her eyes narrowed icily as the man gave her an unreadable expression before reply in a low voice. ”Well, you can call me Paul. Does Kayla Morgan live at this address?” Annie’s eyes darkened with fury. ”What business do you have with my mother, much less at this hour?” The man’s eyebrows shot up in surprise before he mumbled something under his breath and proceeded to push her aside to enter the house. A yelp came out of the girl’s mouth before a hand firmly clasped on her to stop her from tumbling over. She looked up to see her father staring with narrowed eyes at the man. The man stopped as he noticed his presence and sneered, then everything happened in a blur. He whipped out a long wand and with a swift flicking motion and some phrase she couldn’t hear he cast a spell. Annie had just enough time to realize he was trying to hurt her father so she shoved him back, with some amount of force. It was probably the adrenaline coursing through her body that did so. He fumbled and fell backwards out of the way of the oncoming spell and Annie turned back to see a blinding purple streak inches from her face. An agonizing scream ripped out of her throat, it felt like she got scratched across the face by a thousand blades. She fell to the floor immediately clutching her face. Footsteps were heard fast approaching and a female voice was yelling while a male voice was sobbing. The brunette cracked open an eye from her place on the floor. Her eyes burned and her vision was spotted and blurry but she could make out the pure and unbridled rage on her mother’s face. Her words were forgotten but her wand was drawn and pointed at the figure known as Paul.

Why did the name sound so familiar? Then it clicked. The electric blue eyes were her blue eyes, which also meant they were her mom’s. Annie had never met her grandfather and this certainly wasn’t the way she imagined it happening. Start of Flashback ”Grandma!” A little girl squealed and jumped into her grandma’s arms, hugging her tightly. She furrowed her brows. ”Do I have a grandpa?” Her grandmother and mom exchanged a look and the brunette stuck her bottom lip out in a pout. ”I do, don’t I? How come I’ve never met him?” Her mother nodded at her grandmother and softly touched the little girl’s shoulder. ”Your grandfather isn’t a good man.” Annie huffed in annoyance, not liking the reason her mother was giving her. ”He left me and your grandmother when I was little. He also doesn’t approve that I married your dad because he’s a muggle.””But dad is so nice, it doesn’t matter if he’s a muggle if you love him right?” Kayla chuckled at her daughter’s remark and poked her nose before she spoke softly. "You are absolutely right, it doesn’t matter so don’t worry about it. Now go spend time with your grandmother, maybe she can take you to the park?” The little girl beamed and tugged on her grandmother’s sleeve in excitement. Her grandmother chuckled and turned to her daughter, giving her shoulder a soft squeeze between turning back to the brunette who had skipped out of the door.

End of Flashback

She closed her eyes, feeling a searing pain for keeping her eyes open too long and felt the soft touch of her dad, him repeating over and over again that it’ll be okay. "I'm supposed to be the one who protects you and our family. I'm sorry." His voice cracked at the end, she knew he was crying and it broke her heart. No matter how much she wanted to look at him, her eyes burned and she didn’t dare open them again, she was scared and angry. Instead she felt his cheek and made her way up his face until she felt his heavy, wrinkled eye bags and the tears that met her fingers. With one gentle movement she quietly wiped his tears away while he cried, the gesture telling him that everything would be okay.

The sounds of screaming and crying drowned out. Her hold on her dad loosened until her arm lightly grazed the floor and her head lolled to the side. At the end of the night there would be peace, and when she woke up everything would be fine or so she thought.

Mod note: Approved

♡ Life is just a trip, don't let it trip you up - Cash Campbell

21 Dec 2020, 17:48
Index Re-Application
Character name: Anastasia Beckett
Schooling Year: Third
House: Gryffindor
Link to the Encyclopedia file: Right here!
Reason why I re-apply: Backstory changes - In short, Ana discovers her mother had an affair with a Muggle, resulting in a child when Ana was 7 [explaination for Ana not being aware of this is 1) she was a spectacularly self-centered 7 year old, and 2) her mother went away for a few months when she started to show]. The child lives as a Muggle with their father, and Ana currently has no idea that they exist. I am planning for Ana to discover and meet the half sibling at a later date. This doesn't change anything about her current backstory in terms of growing up as an only child but will affect her future. I haven't written everything out yet, but plan on doing so this weekend. Y'all rock! <3

Long story short, I survived

Stats - Strength: 5, Agility: 6, Control: 12, Stamina:7

30 Jan 2021, 17:04
Index Re-Application
Character name: Logan Baird
Schooling Year: Second Year
Link to the Encyclopedia file: Here
Reason why I re-apply: Minor family history changes/ Rewrote with slightly better grammar
Family history changes- added more clarification as for why Logan does not know that she is wizard-born.
Early Years update- Combined sentences/ added minor details to make sentences flow better.

What changes would look like
Reducio
Family History

The Baird family is a long line of pure-blood wizards, best known for being in the house of Slytherin. The family can be traced back to Aris Baird, although there are speculations of whether Baird was this original last name or not. In the history of the Baird family, no one has ever married a wizard-born, half-blood, muggleborn, or muggle. For centuries it was customary for any daughters born under the name Baird would be placed in arranged marriages with other pure-bloods, while the sons could choose any Pure-blood the preferred. That custom was dropped in the late 1800's although the family still continues to only marry other pure-bloods. The youngest member of the Baird family are: Adam, Hannah, and Asher, as well as Adam's three children and Asher's son. Hannah Baird, at this time, has never married and has no children of her own. Asher Baird is married to Annabeth of the Rossi family. Adam Baird was married to Olivia of the Elders family, until her death in 2017.

The Elders were a long line of pure-blood wizards from Ireland and have been associated with the Baird family for generations. The pure-blood line ended in the 1950's after the only Elders child of the time fell in love and had children with a half-blood. The rest of the Elders believe her husband to be a pureblood-wizard from America. The first wizard-born Elders were Michael, Harris, Bayard, and Olivia, the youngest and only daughter. Due to fear of losing the support of the family, none of the Elders children were informed that they were not pure-blood. The were raised as pure-bloods and raised their children as pure-bloods. The Bairds are unaware that the Elders are no longer a pure-blood family, believing them to still be the pure-blood family they have associated with for generations.

Early Years

June 20, 2008: Logan Baird was born in the city of Perth Scotland. As the first child of Adam and Olivia, Logan was spoilt from a young age. As a child, Logan could be found wandering the property of Baird manor. She could be found in the library with her father, or out at the small horse stable with her mother. From a young age, Logan was taught a variety of skills by her mother. The young girl was taught how to dance, ride horses, and minimal cooking skills. Although Logan is awful at cooking.

February 10, 2011: Alexander and Rorik Baird were born. Identical twin boys, whom Logan's parents assumed the young girl would become jealous of rather quickly. Quite the opposite was true though. By the time the twins were able to walk and talk, she had taught them how to cause trouble. From climbing out of their cribs at night, to opening the stall doors of the stable and letting the horses out, the three Baird children were causing problems wherever they went.

August 18, 2014: For quite a bit of time in her life, Logan's parents assumed she was a squib, as she had shown no signs of magic at all. That all changed the summer Logan turned six. She had been playing with the family cat, Einstein, in the kitchen while her mother was cooking dinner. The cat, disliking the young girl, had decided that he wanted to be left alone instead of playing with the young girl. Logan did not agree with that and reached for the cat, in turn getting scratched. In anger, the young girl had been thrown out the kitchen window into one of the many birdbaths in the garden. The family was unaware of how the young girl had managed it with her magic, but it was a sign that she was a witch. Luckily, the cat was unharmed, although he refused to go near the girl for the rest of his life.

June 11, 2017, nine days before Logan Baird's ninth birthday: Logan had insisted on going for a horseback ride with her mother, as there was a competition the following weekend and Logan wanted to spend time with her mother having fun before the competition. They had decided on riding on the road near their house, where a car spooked Olivia Baird's horse. Sadly, Olivia Baird had been thrown from her horse and passed away due to her injuries before anyone was able to get to the two. For weeks after the incident, Logan blamed herself for the death of her mother, as she was the one who insisted on going for a ride that day. It took a year for Logan to come to terms with her mother's death.

June 2017- March 2018: Adam Baird began to spent most of his time working, whether it was his way of grieve or if he was afraid to see how much his children looked like his late wife, no one was sure. The twins began to spend most of their time causing trouble for anyone around them. This included pranking the muggle neighbors. Logan did not spend much time with her brothers at all during this time, no longer assisting them in pranking like she had done before. The young girl spent most of her time either dancing or horseback riding. Equestrian competitions, dance recitals, and lessons became Logan's life.

March 17, 2018: Hannah Baird moved in with her brother to assist in raising his children along side the Baird family house elf, Kall. Hannah became a mother like figure for the children, although she was never going to be able to replace Olivia. The young woman attempted to keep the children in line, although they worked together at this point to cause as many problems for their aunt as possible. All three Baird children would sneak out of the house to do different activates. The twins would sneak off to the muggle neighbors, spending time with the children their or pulling pranks on them. Logan would be gone for hours on end, most of the time horseback riding, although sometimes she would end up at the racetrack where her mother would take her as a child.

Summer of 2019: Logan had turned eleven and her family was slowly becoming a true family again. Logan and the twins spent more time with each other, although Logan didn't cause as much trouble as before. It wasn't uncommon for a prank to be pulled every so often though. Adam Baird continued to spend most of his time working, coming home only to spend more time in his office. The day Logan's Hogwarts letter arrived, Adam Baird was home and immediately took her to Diagon Alley to get her supplies. He was excited at this point, as his eldest would be attending Hogwarts, although he knew she was never going to make it into Slytherin like he had. For the first time in a long time, Adam Baird was spending more time with his children. He had attended more of Logan's competitions and attempted to do some activities with her sons, although they would rather prank their father than spend time with him. Logan was rather happy when she left for Hogwarts, as her father made sure to take a day off work to drop her off at the station for her first year.

"Logan is blood miserable" ~ Clark 2023