Register
Sign in

2 May 2022, 01:13
Mentorship Program: Mentors  Sign up 
Name: Sienna Lenoir
Year: First
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Yes
Are you registered with Index? Yes
Why do you want to be a mentor?
IC: Sienna may be quiet and reserved at times, but she is very kind to others, especially those younger than she is. She can be socially isolated, but when her kinder nature comes through, she is alight and helpful to the person she is focused on helping.
OOC: I like to help people and want to be able to answer questions any new users may have, and to help them integrate into the community here. It is a bit overwhelming to get things sorted out when first coming on to the site because it is so big and involved, and I would like to have the opportunity to help people get settled in here.
Mod note: Reviewed and owled.

SIENNA LENOIR | OLIVE ADAIR
STA 8 • EVA 8 • STR 1 • WIS 5 • ARC 4 • ACC 9
I GET LOST
IN MY
OWN HEAD

17 May 2022, 18:13
Name:Judith Cohen
Year:First Year
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months?Yes! (Former Emily R. Brewer)
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Here!
Are you registered with Index? Yes!
hy do you want to be a mentor?

OOC: If been on the site for almost a year now, and i have enjoyed every single moment of it, but if i hadn't gotten help from a friend that was already familiar with the website, i probably would have never understood it really and would have never assigned, or got in. But thanks to their help i did, i learned to understand a lot from them because when you first join the website, things can get a lot from all the new experiences we do on this site, so i would love to help others who might be struggling with that. If always want to help out on HIO the moment i got a hang of it because i care for the website and it's members dearly, if made such amazing friends, and being on here has given me so much happy and great moments that I would love for others to experience as well!
----
IC: Judith has always been a kind person, she is sweet and always wants to help out whenever she can. She is the girl that goes up to rather new people, or people who are lost to help them with every might she has. Even if it's staying up all evening to help with homework, directing them to the right class or anything like that. She loves to make new friends, she wants to be meaningful, to give something to others and the world, and this could be a way for her to do so.

Judith's Ency
|Stamina: 6 | Evasion: 6 | Strength: 4 | Wisdom: 8 | Arcane Power: 4 | Accuracy: 8 |
Part Goblin

9 Jun 2022, 01:34
Name: Edme Achillian
Year: 1st
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes
Why do you want to be a mentor? I remember first joining the site and having barely any clue as to what I was doing. I really just want people to have the resources and the help to make this site enjoyable and to get past all the technical stuff. It can be super confusing at first, and I don't want people to have to undergo stress or confusion because of that. I think I could be a good help to new site members.

Fear grew in places unlit by knowledge
|Edme Achillean|

9 Jun 2022, 04:03
Name: Maggie Hawkins
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes! About 10 months now, I think.
Why do you want to be a mentor?
OOC | Joining the site, I did not apply to be a mentee, but I had someone reach out to me within my first few days and make me feel so welcome. They invited me to their threads and integrated me into their group, and I felt so welcome and happy to be included. I’d like to help someone in that way and show them that the site is truly something special, just as was done for me! I know that first starting on the site can be very intimidating because of how much there is to do, which may seem overwhelming at first, but with someone to help and care for you, it’s so much easier!
IC | Maggie is a very extroverted person and enjoys talking to new people. With her second year fast approaching, she would absolutely take it upon herself to ‘take young ones under her wing’ (because second year is so much older).

all i ever wanted
was the world

13 Jun 2022, 02:20
Name: Alec Mason
Year: Third year
Why do you want to be a mentor? There's a lot to learn about the lore and the type of system we use site-wide, as well as the general way in which the site operates. There was a ton to catch up to speed with when I first joined hio, and there been so many additions since I've become a member.

I can imagine how hard it can be to take in everything at once. I just want to be friendly helpful face, answer questions, and show new members our great community. Admittedly becoming a mentor would also be a nice excuse to push me out of my social circle and meet new people.

Trunk || Encyclopedia || “Rules and models destroy genius and art.” – William Hazlitt

19 Jun 2022, 04:00
Name: Marina Oriel
Why do you want to be a mentor? When I first joined the site, I struggled with everything about it, especially the word count. I want to be able to help new members of the site ease into it with less struggle than I did.
Mod Note: Reviewed and owled.

*Stop chasing ghosts! They'll never be real*

12 Sep 2022, 22:14
Name: Harper Jordan
Year: 2nd
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes. (well within a week but I am excited to sign up. If I have to wait fine too)
Do you have a completed encyclopedia?: Yes. Here! (Just realized I forgot to link this sorry! I was over-excited)
Are you registered with Index? Yes.
Why do you want to be a mentor?: I want to be a source people to go to ask questions and be a role model on the site. The idea of helping people get situated into a new environment would bring me joy as I get enjoyment from others being happy. I know that I struggled getting transitioned into the site at first, so I wanted to be that source for someone else! I love being helpful and I feel as though this would be an excellent way to do so. It will also give me a chance to get to know the community more as a whole because I have been wanting to do so for a while and haven't really had the chance to as much as I would like.

Foster Jordan
Ravenclaw Broom Racing Co-Captain

19 Sep 2022, 01:59
Name: Adelaide Barlowe
Year: Second
Why do you want to be a mentor? When I first joined the site on my previous character, I was very overwhelmed, confused and I didn't really know what to do which led me to making some mistakes creating my character and it ended up with me deactivating because I hit a wall with her. I want to help new players not feel like that and be able to quickly grasp an understanding of the site so they're able to make the right choices with what they want to do with their character so they can quickly settle into the community. I also love this site and the community and I want to be able to let new players feel welcomed and hopefully come to enjoy H.io as much as I do.

Adelaide | Vivienne | HEX: #aa6f73
STA: 6 | EVA: 8 | STR: 5 | WIS: 8 | ARC: 6 | ACC: 9

'cause i feel like i'm the worst so i always act like i'm the best'

13 Oct 2022, 12:35
Name: Quinn Root
Year: Second
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? I have!
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? All of the needed parts are there. It's A mess because I'm re-coding but its all there!
Are you registered with Index? indeed I am
Why do you want to be a mentor? OOC: Just as about everyone here I was completely lost when I first joined. My mentor helped me in so many ways, and made everything make sense. I would love to help someone as well :)
IC: IC Quinn may not be the best student, but she does like to help out younger students. And show them the way if there lost.

sta • 5 | eva • 4 | str • 6
Stats
wis • 7 | arc • 5 | acc • 7
⠀⠀⠀•• Quinn ••
“I regret nothing, ever.” – Jack Sparrow
⠀⠀⠀•• Nick ••
Metamorph | Wandmaker | ability
Abilities
ability | ability | ability

6 Nov 2022, 19:09
Name: Daphne Sapphirus
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months?: On my deactivated I was on for 6+ months in 2018 and have been active since September 21st here
Do you have a completed encyclopedia?: yes
Are you registered with Index?: Yes
Why do you want to be a mentor?: I'd love to help newcomers find their way around Hogwarts. I'm able to come here everyday and don't mind helping others with things such as reaching the word writing requirements, bio for their ency, etc. I've been roleplaying for over 11 years since childhood so it's not new to me
Application on hold until March 21st, 2022 (when account reaches six months of age) - Orion.

sta • 6 | eva • 5 | str • 3
HALF-VEELA
wis • 3 | arc • 8 | acc • 10
⠀⠀⠀main ency
⠀⠀⠀E N C Y C L O P E D I A
⠀⠀⠀inpc ency
Alluring | Prodigal DADA Learner | ability
THROUGH⠀THE⠀YEARS
ability | ability | ability