Register
Sign in

13 Mar 2024, 22:30
Ability Applications
Link to your encyclopedia thread: wish i could be part of that world
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Y7 - Legilimency (yes, I skipped Y5 and Y6)
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it): 747/400 words
Reducio
If there was one thing Sereia was not, it would be a Seer. As she looked down at her silver lime wand, she knew the disappointment her father felt like it was her own skin. A wand made for Seers? What use would it be to her?

But if there was one thing Sereia was not that her father also wasn't, it would be a Legilimens.
Eric was the one to tell her that the closest thing to being a Seer and telling the future would be to learn Legilimency. If you could see into people's minds, you could know their next move. While Sereia heard it in passing years before, it only piqued her curiosity recently.

The incantation was simple enough. Leh-JILL-uh-mens. The wand movement was a bit harder to describe. To Sereia, it looked like a rose with one petal seemingly blooming more than the others. Whether or not that was the intention, Sereia liked the connotations. Even if roses had beautiful petals, the reality is that the thorns can still hurt you. The truth was much the same.

The easy part was learning the theory. The hard part was finding people to practise on.

Sereia had learned a long while ago that asking your parents for anything was a bad idea. A few of her friends were willing and they would spend late nights in the dorms just staring at each other, only lit by the dim moonlight.

The first few tries were close but not piercing enough. Sereia could see the walls breaking down just before her friends would quickly rebuild it and block her out of their mind. While she understood that they had their secrets to keep, it frustrated Sereia how close she would get before jumping 5 steps back. For a while, she let the project sit in the corner as she focused on schoolwork.

It wasn’t until winter break of her final year that she reached out to Eric and asked for help. He was the one to introduce her to it, after all, so she figured he would have some sound advice.

As it turned out, Eric knew as much theory as she did and never attempted the spell. He did, however, offer himself as a test subject.

So, on the eve of Christmas Eve, they sat by her bed like they were thirteen again. This time, she had no cards; all she had was her silver lime wand and determination. “You're okay with me reading your mind?”

Eric shrugged. “Yeah. If it helps you get it, then I can just… sit here and let you figure it out.”

With a nod, Sereia drew the rose and said, “Legilimens.”

The first attempt was abysmal. Eric's walls were not even that high nor too thick and yet, Sereia could not break through it. She pouted and told him to relax to which she received a laugh and a pat on the shoulder. The second and third time went slightly better as she successfully entered Eric's mind, but the memories blurred together and she couldn't find the right layers to sift through.

After a few more frustrated groans, pulled hair, and a water break, Sereia stared into Eric's eyes and refocused. The memories were still blurred together. It was only when she caught a glimpse of herself in his memories that she clung to it and explored deeper.

At first, it was mere recollections of their friendship since they were thirteen. Then, new memories emerged and, while she wasn't part of it, she was certainly the main topic of discussion. It was in these memories she found the answer to a question she kept to herself for so long.

As soon as she exited his mind, she said, “You like me.”

Eric did not look surprised and instead, raised an eyebrow. “Really?”

“I-” Sereia slapped his upper arm and chuckled. “You are not allowed to gaslight me in this moment.”

Eric grinned. “Well, what are you gonna do about it?”

Sereia imagined this day a little differently. She expected a cute hangout by the beach where he would confess her love to her as the sun set; she expected a bouquet of roses or a teddy bear on Valentines multiple years; she did not expect to find out by invading his thoughts days before Christmas.

But Sereia figured this was better than nothing. Five years. Five years of pining and the world finally fell into place.

“I like you, too.”

my imagination tells lies, too. — virginia woolf
sta 7 | eva 15 | str 10 | wis 15 | arc 10 | acc 13

16 Mar 2024, 22:36
Ability Applications
Link to your encyclopedia thread: <3
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Foulplay
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
Reducio

Ever since she was a little girl, Nora never had the same set of morals as others. For her, the world was anything but black and white, and rules were made to be broken. Why was lying or manipulation wrong if it didn't hurt anyone? She could understand why in some cases it could be, but most of the time, she only benefitted from bending the truth. And when it came to rules, especially in school, Nora didn't understand why others were so scared of breaking them. She knew she wasn't going to get caught, and if something ever went wrong, she took it as a lesson to be more careful next time.

Over the years, she even began to enjoy deception, enjoy the game of tricking someone's reason. Not in a malicious way or anything, but a sense of pride came from successfully duping a teacher or her parents into believing something harmless. Plus, there was always a little fun in the creative aspect of it. And cheating on tests? Don't get her wrong, she was a great student and quite clever for her age, but why put so much effort into studying when the internet could do it for you? Especially with her having access to both the magical world of auto-answering quills and the muggle world of AI technology, cheating in school before Hogwarts was a breeze. And when Nora did eventually start at Hogwarts, it only took one mention of the 'rules' to know she didn't care for them.

Now, she didn't set out to cause mischief, but she wasn't about to let a bunch of words restrict what she could and couldn't do. If she wanted to do something, she was going to do it, professors and prefects be damned. So no roaming the halls past 10:00pm? That wasn't going to work. And there was no way she was waiting until third year to go to Hogsmeade. What was this, purgatory? She got a fake pass as soon as she could. Hello, Honeydukes! Other than that, though, Nora was good. She kept quiet, honed her craft and other than one minor detention, she always got away scot-free for whatever she'd done. So why not continue? Others could cower in fear of the law and toe the line, but Nora wanted to live her life freely. She was someone who broke the rules, and she was good at it, too.

"Serpentes saltare!" - a Latin translation of a fabulous phrase

19 Mar 2024, 18:37
Ability Applications
Link to your encyclopedia thread: viewtopic.php?t=31660
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Perfectionist

Reducio
Alice is now happily living with her dad in England, but that wasn't always the case. There was a time when she lived in France with her mother, stepdad, and six older siblings as part of a wealthy, and prominent, wizarding family. Though she herself is a halfblood, that didn't lessen the expectations placed upon her shoulders by her family.

She was provided with fine tutors in many of the arts and sciences that most children were expected to learn. Her magic abilities weren't guaranteed to surface, so she had to be prepared for a life in the muggle world and the magical world, and nothing less than her absolute best was acceptable.

If she miscalculated while practicing maths, she would be given a fresh set of problems. If she mispelt a word, she would write the word over and over until she couldn't possibly concentrate any further.

Her every step through the halls of her family home had to be delicate, precise, and calculated. She never paced, she never swore, and she always thought before she spoke. Even something as simple as dining was an exercise in perfection, as she was expected to sit properly, handle silverware with a delicate grace, and she was even restricted on when she could talk and about which subjects.

While her new life is far more lenient, old habits can be hard to break. Even though she isn't held to the standards she grew up with, it isn't uncommon for her to sit properly still with her hands folded neatly in her lap, or to carefully ponder her words before responding to even the simplest of questions. Her father often jokes that she's enough of a princess without behaving like one too, but at most his joke receives a polite chuckle.

Naturally, her perfectionism translates well to the classroom.

She might make a simple mistake when learning a new spell, but usually only once or twice. After that, she's beyond the realm of simple mistakes from her own failures. Each swish and flick is practiced and precise, artistically performed by the same hand that fills her parchment with beautiful script. Every incantation is rehearsed and clear, with a confidence unlike the usual soft, careful voice.

Though some may watch her practice and see the talent as a show of confidence and skill, in truth Alice is filled with desperation and worry as she attempts to correct every mistake she can, no matter how small.

25 Mar 2024, 01:07
Ability Applications
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Behold

Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Obnoxiously Strong

Describe why this fits your character:
Boy gets depressed and hits the gym. Tale as old as time. Need I say more?
WC = 429
Reducio
An athlete since he was young, be it in muggle sports or - more recently - quidditch, Marshal has always possessed a physical prowess beyond many of his peers. Though not overly large in the height department, his body has been consistently honed to reflect these activities.
That said, the boy never has been one for training on a personal level, preferring to appear at matches and allow his natural ability to simply do as it will. The method proved more than passable in his early youth, garnering results where others might put forth more effort to achieve the same. But it cannot be denied that, while talent has flourished, his abilities have been limited by this lack of dedication.

How lucky for him that his mental health has recently taken a turn for the worse!

Perhaps he doesn’t see it the same way. And of course we are all very sad for him. But you can’t argue with results, hey?

As the old saying goes, a lover spurned is bound to get jacked. Or something along those lines. It’s certainly a tale as old as time; when a young, male specimen of human descent experiences rejection or heartache, he finds himself ever drawn to the sanctum of the lost, also referred to as ‘the gym.’ Therein, battles will be waged against demons and self alike. In time, the bitter taste of defeat will wax into sweet, sweet victory, and the glory of the pump will be observed.
Body dysmorphia yet unsatisfied, the young male will ultimately emerge from ‘the gym’ a more muscular version of his past self, mental health improved, perhaps, or perhaps not even a little bit.
His chances with the ladies will remain unimproved, as his personality will likely still be that of a rock, albeit a rock with muscles.
Regardless, the specimen will boast said muscles with pride, to the point where some may consider him obnoxious. Obnoxiously Strong, perhaps?

More or less following the above map to physical strength, Marshal has found himself with a good deal more power than he used to have, if not women. There is still time, of course. Surely there are Hogwarts students of the fairer sex that appreciate such qualities. And if not, the quidditch team may find a use for it, at the very least. Able to swing a bat with a force unprecedented, the Gryffindor has set his sights to the height of becoming a beater once more. There, he would deliver a punishment only found in the arm of a buff teen with anger issues.

~Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself. It helps if you give yourself plenty of reasons~
STA ✩ 7 | EVA ✩ 10 | STR ✩ 12 | WIS ✩ 7 | ARC ✩ 6 | ACC ✩ 10

25 Mar 2024, 11:01
Ability Applications
Link to your encyclopedia thread: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=31738
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Prodigal Defense Against the Dark Arts
Reducio
Ever since I arrived at Hogwarts, I have spent my time reading books. There was about magic since it was new to me. In all the reading I've done there was one specific subject that caught my eye and made me want to know more about it. That subject was defense against the dark arts. I wanted a way to learn to defend myself and my friends and family from the spells dark wizards might use against us. I would either read books about it in the library or check out as many books as I could from the library about it and spend hours reading about it. I would listen intently in class, even staying after and talking to the professor about it if I was able to. My thirst for knowledge of it only grew with each book I read and each class I attended. I wanted to be able to protect my loved ones since they were vulnerable to magic since they didn't have magical abilities of their own and I didn't want anything or anyone to hurt them by using magic on them. It was the only thing I wanted to learn while I was there at Hogwarts. I'd read the books between classes and before I went to bed so I could remember all there was to know in the books and always looked forward to the next lesson. It was my favorite subject out of all the others that were taught at Hogwarts I wouldn't let my need to know more about the subject affect the others and make it so my grades would drop I'd make sure I always did my homework for the other classes but my interest was only in learning more there was about defense against the dark arts. I'd talk to everyone about it, even asking the bigger kids to tell me about defense against the dark arts. I wanted to be prepared for anything that was to come my way and I'd need to be able to defend myself and my parents and my friends they were the only people I needed to keep safe from people who had magical abilities and wanted to harm me or them. I knew I needed to be ready for anything because anything could happen, even if it was a complete surprise to me. I just had to be ready to defend them and even other people who needed it.

25 Mar 2024, 13:30
Ability Applications
Link To Your Encyclopedia Thread: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=31631
Name of the Ability That You Are Applying For: Non-Human Enthusiast (Year 1)

Describe why this fits your character:

Reducio

Ever since she was a little girl, Emily simply adored reading. At first she thought nothing more of it than an imprint left by her parents, urging her to work hard and meet their standards, to become like then; rich, powerful and an asset to their success. But in Emily's mind, their plan backfired. What began as monotonous drilling of useless words quickly became an archive of desired and treasured information. Every fact opened up to a new page of understanding. With every page, there came a new desire and eventually, that desire led Emily down a rabbit hole of books to study more. To learn more. All for the sake of pleasure.

And it wasn't just textbooks and encyclopaedias that caught her eye... She was fascinated with fiction. Sci-Fi, Crime, Romance... well, maybe not too much romance... but her favourite had been and always will be Fantasy. Magical moving castles, dragons and mythical rings, chosen heroes destined for greatness whilst undergoing dripping character arcs and development... it was all right up Emily's alley and she was not afraid to admit it to "Auntie" when she told her, whom was a little more on the classics side of literature. But given that "Auntie" was always going to be proud of her ward, especially since she had been teaching her to be Emily's own self and not a tool of leverage for her parents, she couldn't help but be proud of Emily for finding things she liked for herself. Even just by reading the blurbs of some of the books Emily asked her to buy for her, she could tell Emily was developing some good tastes.

Of course, much of the magical genre would incorporate folklore whenever given the chance. It was no surprise to anyone that knew Emily that she would be completely drawn into the world of folkloristics after reading fiction about vampires and werewolves. Emily often daydreamed of how different the world would be if she ever saw one in real life; terrifying of course, given their "unique" background behind them, but intriguing nonetheless. Emily would even dare to call such a twist "exciting."

By the time Emily got her letter to Hogwarts, she was already submerged into the genre of such tales. Naturally, her love for the folkloric novels and comics (yes, she even went and bought comics of such stories) would inevitably lead her down another rabbit hole of books and historical studies of mythical creatures and anything else that would relate to the category. She accrued knowledge on the core basics of werewolves; full moon, transformation, aggressive behaviour. Vampires were even simpler; fangs, bloodlust, sometimes seductive. Yet for all the knowledge and cultural references out there relating to these beautifully dangerous creatures, Emily couldn't help but feel she was missing out on something... information that could help connect the last few dots. After all, fiction was mostly made to entertain, and not all facts from history can be compared and proven in such a contemporary period.

Yet she would score her chance when she was accepted to Hogwarts. And of course, the new favourite place for her in the school would be the library, which had an even bigger trove of books than she had ever seen in her life. Studying was imperative, but in the free time she had, she dedicated that time to learn more about the creatures more prominent in the Wizarding World, things that the Muggle world may have mistaken or perhaps completely forgotten. She had a long way to go before she would understand everything, but she already felt a sense of intrigue... perhaps even sympathy for how some of these creatures survive.

She wanted to know everything about them... but not just for her own enjoyment of knowledge. She wanted to care for them in a way that one day, she could become friends with one if she ever met one.

Word Count: 652

Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Be Yourself - Emily Shephard

27 Mar 2024, 17:01
Ability Applications
Link to your encyclopedia thread: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=30856#p898993
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Perfectionist

Reducio
Hours and hours of practice, this was often what Mylo used to spend their time doing, their pa had taught them to take breaks after they had spent an hour on formula's without one. Unless they were able to do something within a first try they would keep practicing until they could do it. It had been something their dad had always told them wasn't necessary, and that it was okay to fail. Mylo understood that it was okay to fail stuff, but it wasn't okay to then give up, if he didn't get something first time round he would spend as long as necessary to get said thing right.

One night he was practicing some basic formulas that his dad had taught them during the day, for some reason he just couldn't seem to understand a small piece of the formula and time and time again would get a wrong answer on a practice question. This lead to them not noticing that they had been practicing the same formula for at least an hour straight, it wasn't until his pa came up to his room and told them that tea was on the table that Mylo realized how long he had spent trying to get it right. It was a bit discouraging because even after all that time they weren't able to get it right, so after tea they asked their dad what he was doing wrong and they found out he was missing a small part of the equation, which didn't help. He ended up finally getting the questions right and going to bed satisfied.

This carried on into Hogwarts, during lessons Mylo would make sure to keep meticulous notes and to pay careful attention to make sure he didn't miss anything. If they had any questions afterwards he would make sure that he would get answers to them before leaving the room so that they could study with the knowledge that they weren't misunderstanding things.

Mylo would also spend quite a bit of their free time trying to make sure that any spells or potions they had learnt they would be able to cast or brew of the top of their head. But that didn't mean that they would spend all of his time studying, he made sure to take enough breaks as well as their pa had taught him that continuous study would be less useful than blocks of study.

This practice did make sure that Mylo never received bad grades though, and most of the time understood what was going on in lessons. Of course it did help that they were now learning magic! Just that simple fact made the study and practice go so much easier as it was something so novel to him, he loved just practicing spells over and over until he knew he couldn't fail them. (WC: 475)

Bowties are cool!

5 Apr 2024, 20:38
Ability Applications
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Sere Nade
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Statistically Relevant (+2 in Stamina)
Reducio
Stats before ability :
STA 5
EVA 4
STR 4
WIS 8
ACC 7
ARC 7
Stats after ability :
STA 7
EVA 4
STR 4
WIS 8
ACC 7
ARC 7

Reducio
Sere Nade is a typical diligent in studying. Throughout her pre-Hogwarts life, all she did was only study to be the top of every subject, especially math, because she used to be her school representative in almost every Mathematics Olympiad. She only had ambition in the academic field and had none in non-academic things such as sports and arts.

Living the very new magical life at Hogwarts, Sere also grew a new abstract ambition 'protecting other lives' inside herself. While having the intention of maintaining her academic performance, Sere is taking her chance to try new thing, one of the sports in the school of magic: duelling.

Sere entered duelling, becoming one of the duellists without knowing much about what it entailed and how it will work. Being a duellist... You just have to be good at learning various spells, right? That was what Sere thought, and her mindset was still like that until her first official duel.

Fighting over such talented duellists made Sere realized that she was so weak. She wasn't that bad at casting her spells, but the Gryffindor girl was sorely lacking in stamina. She was even only able to survive half of the entire rounds before knocked out and ended up in Hospital Wings.

After the first failure, the spirit of a determined Gryffindor burning up inside herself. She wants to be better. She finally found out that learning spells was not enough. The British-Korean girl decided to increase her stamina. The simplest way is running... and this is how it started. Sere runs once every two days around the Great Lake, with no skip on her schedule.

The first two weeks made Sere understand the meaning of the sentence 'starting is always the hardest part'. Not only her feet, calves, and thighs; she even felt the sore all over her body. On the first week, she only managed to run for about 15 minutes -with lot of rests- but the pain was felt the whole week. It was enough to made her grumble about 'Why do I have to walk up and down for five floors everyday?' and 'Why doesn't Hogwarts install technology such as elevator?' At the end of the second week, the soreness subsided and she was finally able to run 15 minutes with only a rest.

Two weeks later, Sere felt her stamina got better. She could run for 20 minutes, with a rest in the first week and without rest at the end of the second week. She is keep improving until now. Three months have passed since her first official duel, Sere has managed to run for 30 minutes without rest. Her stamina is increased, so does her body fitness. Apart from physically improved, Sere also feels that her mind is much fresher in accepting all academic subjects, so that lately she has been able to complete all the homeworks without feeling excessive stress. Ah, another nice thing! Sere feels that she is having a lot more good sleeps.

This Gryffindor girl has no regret in starting this new good habit, looking at how many unexpected benefits running could bring. One moment, she is thinking about her initial goal. Will she show a better performance on the next official duel? She is also thinking about boosting her stamina more. Is there any other simple exercise she can do in the future?

WC : 562/400

"Be the main character on your own life."

8 Apr 2024, 08:56
Ability Applications
last two !! you will never see me here again, I promise
Link to your encyclopedia thread: yoink
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Y5 - Cat's Grace, Y6 - Blindvision
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it): Cat's Grace (469/400)
Reducio
There’s a time in your life where you learn to sneak out. Fifteen seemed like the perfect age to do so. It’s the year where you’re not quite an adult but you’re so close to that sweet sixteen.

For Sereia, it was both a fifteen-year-old rebellion and an escape. When she was eleven and presented her first instance of accidental magic, it was her mother who had been disappointed in her and her dad who tried to back her up. For a while, Sereia felt like her father was someone she could rely on.

Now she was fifteen, and while eleven still felt like it was yesterday, she realised she was now closer to seventeen. Fifteen-years-old, she was, and her hair was still as brown as milk chocolate. If her father ever asked, she never had random bouts of vision that took hold of her body. Yes, she had moments of uncanny intuition and sensing weird vibes if there was any. But visions? Nothing.

Sereia began to realise she was not her father’s daughter. She was no Seer. She was just a girl.

The house had been a suffocating place ever since her presentation of magic but it was even more unbearable with this revelation. Her father was no longer someone she could lean on but someone to fear, instead. So, Sereia did what any sane teenager would do.

The first time she did it, her footsteps against the roof and sliding down to the ground hadn’t been very subtle. Her mother caught her easily. The second time she did it, she took the intelligent idea to sneak out the laundry room knowing very well it had a rusty lock.

But she never stopped trying. In fact, she only got smarter about it. During the day, she would plan the entire operation, prepare her landing spots without being suspicious about it, and learn to tip-toe quietly around the house. She learned how to breathe quietly (yes, there was a specific technique to it) and how to manoeuvre in an unpredictable way. There were moments when Sereia would go into the kitchen for a snack and go completely unnoticed by her mother. There were moments when her father would look away from his newspapers to talk to her but be utterly confused about where she went.

Either her parents gave up on trying to catch her or she had just gotten better at sneaking around but even Eric was surprised by her sudden appearances. There was one specific day where Eric was practising badminton in his backyard when Sereia arrived. Surprisingly, the fence gate was unlocked and so she floated in and observed him as he played. It was a solid twenty minutes before he noticed her standing on the deck. Safe to say he almost got a heart attack.

Blindvision (411/400)
Reducio
When one decides to keep sneaking out in the night, you can’t keep carrying a flashlight forever; people will eventually figure out what the flashlight means. You also can’t rely on streetlights that are never bright enough to see more than two metres in front of you. Usually, casting the wand-lighting charm and their variants would be an easy fix, but Sereia lived in Muggle Wellington and they were still underage. For her age, it was either carry phones, carry flashlights, or deal with it. Sure, if Sereia and Eric had lived closer to the city, the brightness wouldn’t be an issue, but they were a bit further out than the main metropolis.

So they were going to have to deal with it. Learning to navigate in the dark took patience which, fortunately, happened to be one of Sereia’s best qualities. She started in a small micro-environment named her bedroom, starting off with removing the night light from her wall outlet. Yes, she still had a night light at sixteen. The first nights without it were unnerving but she quickly grew to like having the natural moonlight illuminate her room.

Instead of sleeping on time, she would lay on her back. staring at the ceiling until she could see the faint outline of the ceiling light. Once she could discern the lights, she would stare at the posters on her walls until she could see every character. With enough time, she found herself noticing the cracks in the paint and patches of mismatching colours that she usually never cared about.

Learning to see in the dark outside took a bit longer to adapt to. Sereia would sit on the roof of her house and stare out onto the street. Despite how spread out the streetlights were placed, it was hard to discern grass patches along the roads. She could see whatever was in the streetlight’s radius but beyond that took some more blinking and patience. Some nights, she would fall asleep on the roof to the outline of the footpath ingrained in her brain. Eventually, she could see the individual blades of grass as the moonlight hit them.

Her patience was well rewarded as her missions to sneak out got significantly easier. Sereia no longer had to worry about having an occupied hand to hold her phone; she had both hands free to climb through her window and set off towards Eric’s house. It even made climbing through his window easier.

my imagination tells lies, too. — virginia woolf
sta 7 | eva 15 | str 10 | wis 15 | arc 10 | acc 13

10 Apr 2024, 06:51
Ability Applications
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Link to your encyclopedia thread:viewtopic.php?t=31982
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Advanced Casting
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it): '
Reducio
Twas a warm, sunny day when Ehsilat(Ehsi) had received her acceptance letter to the best wizarding school in all time:Hogwarts! She was overwhelmed with pure joy, and she couldn't wait to find out what house she would be in! She'd been told stories of Hogwarts by her parents, and was ready to discover all the mysteries the school of her dreams might hold. Once Ehsi told her parents about the letter they had immediately went shopping for school supplies, in Diagon Alley. Ehsi was so excited, that as soon as her textbooks fell in her hand she immediately began reading them. She was most interested in Charms, Defense Against The Dark Arts, as well as Transfiguration. She had spent most of her summer holidays, alone in her bedroom reading her textbooks and longing for the day when she could finally practice the spells she'd learnt. Most of her nights were sleepless from pure excitement
Soon, September first came along ,the very day she would begin her seven year adventure at Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She has waited so long for this day, even though the thought of leaving her family made her hopelessly sad, she was so happy.She had travelled by train and then boat to get to the school. It was a tiresome journey, she'd seen many first years such as herself, talking and galavanting about with each other. Once they arrived the ceremony had began.The Headmaster had given an incredibly long speech, that she'd almost fallen asleep from boredom. Just then it was time for the sorting hat to place everyone in their houses.She had been selected for Slytherin house because of her clear ambitious and cleverness. She had had a great feast and now sat at her dormitory desk, preparing for her first ever spell. She had read this spell over and over again, she might as well have known it by heart,but now that it came to actually doing it she was a tad bit nervous.It was the wand-lighting spell and its counter part the wand extinguishing spell. The chants for both spells were quite simple She said the chant for the wand-lighting spell.."Lumos" and with a swish and flick of her wand. The tip of the wand glowed a yellow coloured light. Ehsi's eyes widened. She had actually done it. Her first spell! She had never felt this accomplished. Now for wand extinguishing spell..."Nox" the bright light on her wand faded. She'd done it.

Ability applications have to be 400 words long. We also do not allow students to know magic before coming to Hogwarts. All students start with equal footing.

EWhilst