Register
Sign in

14 Jan 2024, 14:56
Mentorship Program: Mentors  Sign up 
Name: Madison Bennett
Year: 2nd
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes I have, and only on this account as I don't have another
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Yes
Are you registered with Index? Yes
Why do you want to be a mentor? I remember how nervous I was when I first joined the site and having someone to guide me through it was really helpful. I feel like I know my way around the site pretty well now and would love to help others fall as in love with the site and community as I have. I'm also very friendly and very good at helping people through any nervous feelings they may have

Declined - Prerequisite Not Met - Lear 1.24.24

--------------
Madison Bennett | Second Year
---------------
'Don't be afraid to shine, even if the rest of the world have turned their lights off'
Sta - 7 | Eva - 6| Str - 6| Wis - 9| Arc - 5| Acc - 7

15 Jan 2024, 06:56
Name: Delainie Silverwing
Year: First
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months?: Yes!
Do You Have A Completed Encyclopedia: Yes
Are You Registered With Index: Yup
Why Do You Want To Be A Mentor: I love helping people in any way I can. I had a mentor (Damion White) when I first joined the site and he was so helpful. I want to help people just like he did me, and I love the idea of the program! The idea of being a mentor seems so great!!

Declined - Prerequisite not Met - Lear 1.24.24

Moods and More!
“You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think”

21 Jan 2024, 21:57
Name: AngelFyre McCubbin
Year: Third-year
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes.
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Yes.
Are you registered with Index? Yes.
Why do you want to be a mentor? For the same reasons most everyone has mentioned before me, but I will add that it seems a logical step to take as I have found with my Prefect duties I end up doing quite a bit of "tutoring" through owls. It would be nice to have a more formalized and mutually agreed upon expectation of connection through the mentorship program.

Added to waitlist - Lear 1.24.24

The magic is real.

24 Jan 2024, 04:51
Name:
Tristan Theramin
Year:
Fifth
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months?
Yes
Do you have a completed encyclopedia?
Yes
Are you registered with Index?
Yes
Why do you want to be a mentor?
The role of a mentor to this site is to nurture a new member so that they can have fun and be an active member of this site. I had joined this site before this mentor program started so in some ways I had to figure out most things for myself before I was even able to have fun. In fact, I am still learning new things every time I partake in something new on this site. I would have very much liked to have someone guiding me along the way because half the reason why I took a very long hiatus was that at one point I didn’t really see any new opportunities to Roleplay because I didn’t know there was such a thing as open threads and errands, and have a dozen other things that I would have quite liked to know about. Now that I have finally learned about all these new and fun things I have been quite enjoying all the amenities this ever improving site offers. I even revived a gobstone club in character and I never knew I would be able to do that before my hiatus. I never knew half the things that make this community and site enjoyable. In fact, I wasn’t even able to find the Discord till now and lost a chance to have fun in the beginning in the chaotic creativity that server is. But I can be the person to help a newbie explore all these things and make the process of integrating so much easier. I could be the person I needed in the past. I could be the person that explains all the itty bitty details that are part of the culture of the site that a new member has to learn, the tags on a post, the types of posts, where to post, how to Roleplay, how to get a Roleplay partner, how to even get through the beginning process, how to navigate, where what they need is. I would like to be a mentor because that is what I needed to start having fun on this site and I want that to be that learning process be in their first year so that they can enjoy the rest of their experience not their fourth year like me.
Added to waitlist - lear 1.24.24

Parselmouth, Pureblood, Noble House of Theramin Sta:7 Ev:7 Str:6 Wis: 6 Arc:7 Acc:7 Check out my shop

30 Jan 2024, 13:20
Name: Wren Mornstern
Year: 1st
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Almost
Why do you want to be a mentor? I remember when I first started as Thorn and I had a hard time navigating the site. I got really frustrated and didn't want to be on the site for a couple days after that. I even jumped into a private thread because I didn't know what PV meant. I would like to help players not be frustrated with the site and them not wanting to roleplay because they can't figure it out. I also have made my fair share of mistakes on this site and want to help new users not to make the same mistakes I did!

Added to waitlist - Orion (Feb/1/2024)

It's good to stir up a little trouble in the family!

19 Feb 2024, 04:10
Name: Linda Ramirez
Year: Second
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes
I find it so nice to be able to help others. In the very beginning of using this site, some might find it confusing to navigate through the site and/or registering. That's why it's really important to be there for new users or those who are coming back after long time no using site.

This way I believe it increases chance for them to get to enjoy this amazing community. And, hopefully, get less regrets about not creating their character the way they'd like.

I also was helping others already a little bit from time to time, stating that I'm not in any staff position, but it would be really awesome to become a mentor and help others even more.

Added to waitlist - Beatrice (Feb/20/2024)

Will is able to change even the lines on our palms
────────────・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────────────
✮Linda Ramirez✮-ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ-Kaya Rose Bennett-ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ-

22 Mar 2024, 11:05
Name: Renelle Dalton
Year: Year 1
Why do you want to be a mentor? From personal experience, I know that HIO can be very confusing at first, since it’s a very big site and there’s a lot of things we need to do that new players may not fully understand (e.g. creating an encyclopaedia, registering with Index etc). I would love to aid more new players in navigating the site, and help them settle into the community quickly.

Am I mad? Or bad? Or wise?

11 Apr 2024, 20:44
Name: Rebecca Lark
Year: First
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes, just this one.
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Yes.
Reducio
It sounds very sappy and embarrassing, but I just genuinely love this community. I've met so many incredible friends here, and it's become such a constant in my life that I genuinely don't know how I was going about my life not knowing about it.

When I first joined the site, I was rather precocious and had registered, gotten validated, and then applied for index all in the same afternoon. I was in such a rush to complete everything on my own that I missed the mentorship experience, something that was very formative for a lot of the player base. There were a lot of questions I had early on that I either didn't know who to ask, or was too embarrassed to go about doing so.

As such, while I can't go back in time and apply for a mentor as a new player, I can sign up to be this resource for our new members going forward. I think First impressions matter a whole lot when it comes to player longevity, and I'd like to be able to be someone that new players can turn to with their own too embaressing questions as they get acclimated.

tatsu is my boyfriend
sta: 8, eva: 3; str: 7; wis: 4; ap: 6; acc: 7 perfectionist xxxxxx
Dialogue: #003060

14 Apr 2024, 01:37
Name: Emily Ramirez
Year: first
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? I have with Lily
Do you have a completed encyclopedia?yes
Are you registered with Index? No but I'm next on the queue
Why do you want to be a mentor? OOC I love this site so much it would be awesome to give a helping hand to all new members and show them how to navigate the site. I remember my first day and I was so confused but my mentor (Damion White) helped me a lot and I want to be more like them. This site has meant everything to me and I'm so excited to give back to the site and help out as much as I can

14 Apr 2024, 02:04
Name: Lorcan McCoire
Year: 1st
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? [Between this account and Argahlon Vexius it has been over a year.]
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? [Yes]
Are you registered with Index? [Yes]
Reducio
To be honest, I have been here over a year and have seen a lot of people come and go. Regardless of the reason, I have become quite close with a lot of the community and really enjoy seeing it thrive. If there was a main reason I would like this position is because I want to continue to see it grow with helpful members at hand. That being said, I think with proper navigation and explanation of the site/rules we can do exactly that. Many times I have seen people leave because they didn’t understand this or that, which is why I would love to guide those that need it.

Declined - Lear

Slytherin isn't a mark of evil. It's a mark of power