Full Name: Kaitlyn Leah Connor
House: Slytherin
Wand: 28.3 cm chestnut wood and unicorn hair
School Year: 1st year
Species: Human
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian

Appearance:
Reducio
Kaitlyn stands at 4 ft 11 in in height. Her skin tone is white with a light tan. She has brunette hair that reaches a little past her shoulders. Her hair is typically worn in a ponytail held in place with a green ribbon. Sometimes, she likes to style it in French braids or pigtails. Her ears are pieced once in the earlobe. The earrings she wears can vary, but she likes to wear a set of tulip earrings she made herself in Slytherin colors of green and silver. She wears very little makeup, preferring to stay as natural as possible. The only makeup she could wear on special occasions would be a light coat of lipgloss and painting her fingernails and toenails. Her body, while still growing, is athletically built. She has freckles around her nose and cheeks.

Kaitlyn’s outfit consists of the school robes when attending class. After dinner, she changes into a blouse, a black pleated skirt, and black sandals. She wears a pink tank top, a white skort, and black running shoes when running. The color of her outfits could vary, not preferring one color to another.

Personality:
Reducio
Kaitlyn is quiet and attempts to stay away from crowds of students. She is more talkative and expressive around her friends. Being a muggle-born, she has been overwhelmed by this new world of magic. Yet, she yearns to learn more about magic and can be found with a book. Either studying one of the many subjects at Hogwarts or simply reading for fun. She desires to learn as much as she possibly can.

As such, Katie likes to spend time in the Common Room or the library. She works diligently and strives to hand in her assignments with a high level of perfection. In trying to complete her work the way she wants, she is constantly spending a lot longer to keep her work to her high standard. She is an overachiever in her work, wanting everything to be perfect while trying to better herself. This also makes her take on more than she can handle since she has trouble saying "no." She suffers from anxiety and dreads exams. While she should do well on them, she is bad with time constraints and often finds herself rushing through them, especially when she sees her classmates finish before her. Due to the constant stress she internalizes, she regularly suffers from panic attacks.

Katie starts her day by running at 6 in the morning. By 6:30, she is meditating and practicing yoga. By 7, she is back in the common room, practicing dancing. Then, by 7:30, as her housemates rise for the day, Katie finally takes a shower to transition to the day ahead. On the weekends, she likes to find an empty classroom to meditate and dance for longer.

After overcoming her initial shyness, Katie is friendly and enjoys getting to know her classmates. Despite this, she can be awkward in conversation. She does her best to help her friends and has difficulty telling them "no." Katie is a loyal friend with a strong sense of right or wrong. She is confident enough in her baking to share whatever she makes with her friends. Despite liking to bake, she tries her best to eat as healthy as possible. She also likes to gift some of the earrings that she makes, as well. With her drawings, she is not as confident with them, and she wants anything she draws to be perfect before showing it to anyone else. She likes manicures and pedicures and offers to do them for her friends, as well. 

Katie is organized and keeps all of her supplies in meticulous order to a fault. If anything is even just moved out of place, she will be completely unable to get her work done. She is a rule follower but understands that there may be times she has to break them.

History/Background Story:
Reducio
Kaitlyn was born to Marcus and Emily Connor as a twin with Abigail. Two years later, her younger brother, Tim, was born. The family lived as muggles in London, and she had been sent to receive a traditional muggle education. Growing up, she got along well with Abigail and with Tim. She was naturally quieter and enjoyed reading books once she could read.

When they came to age, Katie and Abby were sent to an all-girls Catholic boarding school. While at the boarding school, Katie liked to learn new things and would constantly hang around the library to read more books. But weird things began to happen around her. Books randomly levitating, flying in and out of bookshelves.

At their eleventh birthday, Katie and Abby received their Hogwarts letters. Their parents were concerned about the strange happenings around the two girls by this point. But, after the meeting with the Headmaster, everything was explained, and they could enroll in Hogwarts (Tim would follow suit two years later).

Katie came out as gay before leaving the boarding school. When she told her family, her mother and father reacted mutedly and never brought the issue up before she left for Hogwarts. Abby already knew by the time Katie admitted it. When she told her friends, one friend she had since transferring to the school refused to look at her the same way again. But she still regularly writes to her best friends from the school, wanting to stay in touch.

First Instance of Magic:
Reducio
Kaitlyn was sitting in the library of her private all-girls Catholic boarding school (St. Ann's). She was near the back of the library, by herself, surrounded by tomes of books. It was like heaven to her. It was near closing time, so the librarian was in her office for now. As she was working cataloging a shelf, a book in the bookcase behind her suddenly fell from the shelf. She frowned and went to pick it up. A book from a different bookshelf fell out. With a sigh, she went to pick up that second book when half of a different bookshelf completely fell out.

Katie leaped back in a panic. She looked up, noticing the librarian had not left her office. She shook her head. ‘I must be dreaming. I am tired, after all. I must not have put the books on the shelf correctly,’ she thought. Sighing once again, she went to clean up her mess.
Banner credited to Tracey Bailey.
Last edited by Kaitlyn Connor on 18 Apr 2024, 05:38, edited 5 times in total.

Kaitlyn Connor // Abigail Connor // Devon Wallen
Do you ever feel like an outcast?

17 Jan 2024, 04:31
Kaitlyn Connor | First-Year | Slytherin
Trunk
Statistics and Abilities

Stamina: 6
Evasion: 7
Strength: 4
Wisdom: 7
ArcPower: 6
Accuracy: 5

Muggle's Condition
Spells Acquired

Reducio
Fire-Making Spell • Incendio - Herbology 2
Whistle to Watch • Tunc Sibilus - Transfiguration 1
Opening Charm • Aberto - Astronomy 1
Potions Known

Reducio
Pompion Potion (Herbology Second Lesson)
Cure for Boils (First Lesson)
Herbicide Potion (First Lesson)
Forgetfulness Potion (First Lesson)
Abilities

Reducio
TBA

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.

17 Mar 2024, 23:39
Kaitlyn Connor | First-Year | Slytherin
Relations

"Our relationships can make or break us.
They can lift us up,
Give us a shoulder to cry on,
And can speak sweet words of encouragement.
And yet, they can tear us down,
Make us feel horrible,
And speak hatred at us.
Yet, I will not trade the relationships I've made for the world."

Gryffindor

Code: Select all

#ff4013

Reducio

Hannah Blossom - "Hannah agreed to tutor me. She already has my eternal gratitude."
Kylie Johnson - "Kylie is interesting. She asked to be my friend. I, of course, said yes!"
Rowan Bellegno - "Row is simply amazing! We met while running together. She even concocted our own Fall Ball. We're becoming best friends! And, she's helping me with my shyness."
Bellus SpindleWheel - "Regina already told me some information about Bellus. May I say, I'm excited to meet her! I'd like to be friends with her, too."
Linda Ramirez - "Linda is fun to be around. She likes to read, too!"
Ravenclaw

#0042aa

Reducio

Inara Yang - "I love talking with Inara! We have similar interests and mesh so well together!"
Lexi Medford - "I like hanging out with Lexi. She's part veela, and of course, very pretty. But, I like getting to know the girl that she truly is."
Tracey Bailey - "This girl is an absolute gem! I love being her best friend! I feel like we can talk for hours and not get bored of each other. We've studied together and jumped in an icy lake. We decorated cupcakes together. We've admitted crushes to each other. I love her cat, Tiger. I admire her so much. I'm happy to know Tracey!"
Eden Blackwood - "I liked interacting with Eden. They are shy, like me. But, more importantly, they like to draw! I'd love to talk to them about drawing!"
Regina SpindleWheel - "If I have to be honest, my first conversation with Regina did not go well at first. But, we were able to work through it, and discovered our mutual love of drawing. And our pets! Cosmo is so cute! I'd like for Cosmo and Demeter to become friends, too!"
Paige Mallary - "I met Paige and her boyfriend, Kai, at Amanda's camp out."
Quinn Brook - "My Quill Pal! I love writing letters to her! And, we became comfortable enough with each other to actually meet in Hogwarts. We met on the pitch, and she's helping me overcome my fear of flying. I may still be shy around her, but I love hanging out with her already! She's really sweet."
Lumine Frost - "I love interacting with Lumine! She's smart, interesting, and cute! She's shyer than me (I didn't even realize that was possible), and likes to write down her answer. We came to an understanding, and I helped her to be more comfortable with 'talking,' even if it was just with writing things down. She's really sweet, and I'd like to learn more about her."
Annette Hazelriggs - "Annette is really interesting. Our relationship was a little rocky at first. We're both shy and misinterpret things very easily. But, we worked well together and brewed a potion. I'd like to learn more about her, she seems interesting."
Alice de Villiers - "Alice insulted me at first by making fun of my stutter and assuming I was a muggle-born. She sounds like a high and mighty pureblood. But, she also claimed that I shouldn't feel behind for being a muggle-born. So, I guess I'm confused here?"
Slytherin

#77bb41

Reducio

Pluto Maxima - "I talked with Pluto in the Slytherin Common Room. She seemed nice to me."
Layla Goldsky - "Layla is my really pretty dormmate. I helped paint her nails, and she's fun to talk to."
Silver Artemis - "Silver is fun to talk to. We're dormmates and have similar interests."
Kit Isabelle Blaine - "Kit gave me strange vibes ... that's all I can really say."
Pyxis Hellebore - "My friend from before Hogwarts! My boarding school went to his family's Inn a lot for etiquette training and events. My friends and I would go there a lot, as well. We know each other well, already. I'm glad we're in the same house!"
Matthew Campbell - "A trouble-maker, but a muggle-born, like me. He has interesting ideas and positions. He liked my drawing in the Slytherin Common Room, and I gave it to him."
Felix Hawthorne - "Another trouble-maker and very interesting. I had a conversation with him and Matthew in the Slytherin Common Room."
Elisa Wagner - "Elisa helped me comfort Emily Shepard in the ballroom, and we all danced together. She seems interesting and I'd love to continue talking to her"
Hufflepuff

#f5ec00

Reducio

Emma Winston - "I haven't talked much to her yet, but Emma seems interesting."
Minnie Duke - "Minnie is ... goodness. I don't know the best way to describe her. First and foremost, we're good friends. I love hanging out with her, and just talking. We danced together once alone, jumped into the icy lake, I asked her to a dance, we danced the fox trot formally, and she's confided in me about being a trouble-maker. I've decorated a cupcake for her with a lovely poem and attached a personalized card. I feel more confident around her ... braver ... and just more comfortable. I'm overall happy to be around her. And ... well ... I need to admit it to myself. I have a crush on her. Whatever happens, I want to continue being her friend, she's fun to be around."
Amanda Johnson - "Amanda was friendly to me on the train. I like that she invited me to her celebration on the camp grounds!"
Genevieve Delacourt - "Viva is really pretty and fun to talk to. She's not as shy as I am, so I feel like merely being in her presence makes me feel like my true self - without all the shyness."
Violet Rohr - "Vio is an absolute joy to be around! She helped me in Transfiguration to give me a little, sorely needed, confidence! And I'm teaching her to dance! She's an amazing student. I love hanging out with her! I cannot wait to interact with her again!"
Nellie Lam - "Nellie is very interesting! She drew a hopscotch board, and we played together. She was fun to talk to."
Seraphina K Merryweather - "I love talking to Seraphina! We met on the muggle train platform. Despite my shyness, we hit it off. And, we met each other again in Hogwarts, over our shared love of drawing. I like hanging out with her."
Matilde O’Fionnagan - "Tilly is great! We share a love of drawing! I'm very curious about the fact that she used to live on a farm. I'd like to ask her more about it! We're going to practice yoga together!"
Emiline Hunter - "Emiline had flown up in the air really high during flying class, but didn't know how to descend. I somehow had enough bravery to fly up in the air, despite my fear, and helped her back down to the ground."
Emily Shephard - "I found Emily crying in the ballroom. When I went to comfort her, and after Elisa Wagner came, I suggested that all three of us dance together. I felt like we bonded a lot during our dance, and subsequent walk afterwards! I hope we continue to meet, Emily seems like a fun girl to be around!"

Kaitlyn Connor // Abigail Connor // Devon Wallen
Do you ever feel like an outcast?