Register
Sign in

10 Jan 2024, 10:45
Avenair Quail, Year One, Ravenclaw

Though a more suitable image awaits, this abstract one shall so.

Basic Information:
  • House: Ravenclaw
  • School Year: First year
  • Wand: 32.2 cm aspen wood and phoenix feather
  • Zodiac sign: Capricorn
  • MBTI: INTJ

Before Hogwarts:
Reducio
Avenair was born in the believed coldest part of England - Newport, Shropshire. She spent most of her childhood inside the house, which was not a big place at all. There was a large shelf of books underground, and, having inherited all of her father’s craving for knowledge, snuck down very often to read books. She also had an affinity for technology, and had a way with computers. To her, there is no more important thing than shaping her destiny to become a world-changing inventor, like Thomas Edison.

Unfortunately, Avenair has a horrid mother. The woman likes to scream and shove, as if she ruled the world. This caused her daughter to hate her very much.

But on the contrary, Avenair has a loving and inspiring father who taught her how to do a lot of things. However, he has little time to spend with her because of his work.

Therefore, she established the ability to look after herself very early in life. She has her own preferences; chemistry, math, biology, and physics when she is realistic, mythical creatures, science fiction, kaiju, and dinosaurs when she is not.

Most importantly, what sets her apart from everybody else is her strangeness – often found staring at a fixed spot, apparently transfigured, mesmerized in something. That was true, she does have the habit of thinking tough problems inside her head whenever and wherever. (Perhaps it was the unusual way she behaved during this period, or maybe it’s just something about her, but she never, ever, had any friends.) But while she does spend a lot of thinking sessions on theories and inventions, she also spares time for an odd subject – ‘dark arts’.

She thinks about death, after death, and afterlife on a usual basis, even though she is Christian. But there is just something so deeply engrossing and intriguing about what some others call “darkness”. Death is never expected, fate is cruel, but God is equal. Yes, from the very beginning she always liked the villains in story books and enjoyed listening to nasty stories of failed expeditions. Yes, from a young age age she was pessimistic and lasted the longest to ghost stories.

Black cats, corvids, serpents. All part of her liking. They seemed to shape her being to other people, because she is naturally very silent and undetectable.

Even so, Avenair is far from a bad person. She is misunderstood far too often because of her natural ‘acquaintance’ with “darkness”.

---

When her Hogwarts letter one snowy morning she was more than shocked, but because of her accurate predictions – frequent dreams of flying and strange memories that do not seem to be hers made her imagine she was just more than human. Now that her ‘suspicions’ have been proven, she couldn’t help but think back about the day that behaved like a miracle.

---First Instance of Magic: Flashback---

It was November. Apparently, something wrong just happened. At school, Avenair Quail had been shamelessly accused of “knowingly ruining the appearance of a respected elder”. Well, in reality all she did was become frustrated over a particularly annoying teacher, when all of a sudden, the soup bowl tipped over and spilled down the teacher’s lap. There was no contact between the bowl, the table it was on, nor anything remotely near it to cause a disturbance. Avenair saw this as a foretelling, or rather a bad omen.

That evening, when she was visiting the church graveyard again(one of her favourite places to be; it was chilly and quiet, and she knows it houses good because it belongs to the church), a flock of ravens suddenly perched onto the tree behind her. She immediately engaged in a conversation with them, though not sparing thought for whether they understood her or not.

When it was time for her to leave, however, one raven flew past her head suddenly and the rest of the flock followed. But that raven dropped a feather on Avenair’s right ear, the same one that had been slightly disfigured in an accident. It was a wing feather, and just the right size for a quill. She keeps it in her wand box after attending Hogwarts.

Preparing for Hogwarts:

Reducio
I was taken to Diagon Alley by a representative from Hogwarts. I bought all of my supplies as quickly as possible, eager to learn all about the Wizarding World.

Life at Hogwarts:
Reducio
To be added
Last edited by Avenair Quail on 12 Apr 2024, 14:30, edited 14 times in total.

Death is never expected, fate is cruel, but God is equal. How could we forget, that life is a blessing and charge for our sins, at once? | Oh, hatred runs in the bones. It doesn't in blood. That pulses. Changes. | You are alive, if only you bleed.

13 Jan 2024, 03:35
Image Feel the pulse of life from nature's smallest beauties

Trunk:

Stats and Abilities:
Reducio
Stats:
Stamina: 6
Evasion: 3
Strength: 6
Wisdom: 7
Arcane Power: 8
Accuracy: 5

Abilities:
Prodigal Defense Against the Dark Arts Learner

Spells Acquired:
Reducio
TBA

Potions Known:
Reducio
TBA
Last edited by Avenair Quail on 17 Mar 2024, 12:18, edited 3 times in total.

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.

17 Mar 2024, 12:14

What if the problem gets too big to be handled? Where there still be a hero to save the unwilling souls?

I sure hope so, because I have the guts to stand when no-one else can.

Death is never expected, fate is cruel, but God is equal. How could we forget, that life is a blessing and charge for our sins, at once? | Oh, hatred runs in the bones. It doesn't in blood. That pulses. Changes. | You are alive, if only you bleed.

17 Mar 2024, 12:50
The Dragonkeeper

12 Apr 2024, 14:29

I think, I belong in the hummingbirds.

Is that a phoenix? Embedded with crystal shards and roses? Heaven only knows.

Who said I cannot achieve what others have done in the past? I believe I can do better, that's what history (though as mundane and irritating as it is) is for, right?

SpaceGodzilla: The Crystal King, God of Destruction, Face-palming Glass Cannon of Heisei Godzilla Continuity

Destoroyah: The Oxygen Destroyer, Yet Another Glass Cannon When You Think About It, Mr. Krabbs

17 Apr 2024, 11:27
Friends are a charge and blessing, a mark of selfishness yet love.

My friends:

Gryffindor-
N/A (as of now)

Hufflepuff-
N/A (as of now)

Ravenclaw-
Lexi Medford

Slytherin-
N/A (as of now)