Register
Sign in

2 Feb 2021, 13:47
Pets FAQs
Hello everyone, if you have any question related to pets which have not been asked/answered in the announcement section of Magical Menagerie in Diagon Alley, always feel free to post it here! This OC thread is created not just for my questions but also all of yours so everyone can easily see in one page!
OK now some questions I currently have in mind...

1. If our characters want to take a family pet (like Ron's Scrabbers) or an animal picked/bought in a Muggle world (such as a toad which can be easily captured in a pond), is this permitted?

2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, can we post an RP in the Magical Menagerie where we chat with the shopkeeper(s) about where and how we actually got that pet? But of course, we'll still fill in the standard form at the end of the RP and have our Galleons manually extracted.

3. The standard form asked for the pet's DOB. Is it OK to use the date of purchase or adoption instead?

4. In the original series, Trevor, Arnold, and Scrabbers are usually seen in the pocket or on the shoulder of their owners; Hedwig is usually in her cage; and unfortunately I can't remember whether Hermione has a pet carrier for Crookshanks. Is it OK to have (in our RP here) either way? I mean, like, is it OK to have our owls and cats just fly/walk as long as they're obedient and polite enough as to stay close to the owners (in the Hogwarts Express) and not disturbing other students/pets? Are they all free to roam at school the way Trevor is often pictured?

Thank you in advance! <3

๐”“๐”ฌ๐”ก๐”ข๐”ฏ ๐”ข๐”ฐ ๐”ฐ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ณ๐”ฆ๐”ฏ, ๐”ญ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ฎ๐”ฒ๐”ข ๐”‡๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ฐ ๐”ข๐”ฐ ๐”ž๐”ช๐”ฌ๐”ฏ
Check out Elsa's Fashion Boutique!

2 Feb 2021, 14:50
Pets FAQs
For 1 and 2, the answer to both is yes. A character can bring a family pet from home, BUT a purchase post must be made in the menagerie (for papertrail mostly). Most, usually say they go in to buys snacks/pet food, if the pet they are bringing is from home (basically what you asked, should be fine).

I'll have to get back to you on 3. I want to say yes, but I am not completely sure. Edit: Yes, you can use the adoption/purchase date, though I would recommend coming up with a date of birth that is known OOC.

For 4, I'd say its fine. Most players seem to let their pets roam freely, but will keep them in a cage/carrier during train rides, or other places of transportation. We don't have any OOC rules against pets roaming around or occasionally being kept in carriers.

Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe....
Stamina: 12 ~ Evasion: 17 ~ Strength: 2 ~ Wisdom: 16 ~ Arcane Power: 4 ~ Accuracy: 16

3 Feb 2021, 06:35
Pets FAQs
@Xailah Alptraum Thank you very much for your help! : )

๐”“๐”ฌ๐”ก๐”ข๐”ฏ ๐”ข๐”ฐ ๐”ฐ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ณ๐”ฆ๐”ฏ, ๐”ญ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ฎ๐”ฒ๐”ข ๐”‡๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ฐ ๐”ข๐”ฐ ๐”ž๐”ช๐”ฌ๐”ฏ
Check out Elsa's Fashion Boutique!

5 Mar 2024, 15:01
Pets FAQs
I was wondering if you could have a pet not listed in the Magical Menagerie? Like a raven/crow/hawk?

Everything can kill you, so ignore that and have fun til they do.

5 Mar 2024, 16:07
Pets FAQs
At home, offscreen yes.

What shows up in your profile

are only animals that you will see in Magical Menagerie. We had an issue adding pets
March of 2022.

If you're wanting to say you have a raven/crow/hawk, theoretically you could say you have them at home but they do not go to Hogwarts nor will they be in your profile.

โ€œThere are people dying. Oh, and it's time to lend a hand to life, the greatest gift of allโ€ - We Are The World (USA For Africa)

5 Mar 2024, 16:39
Pets FAQs
Cool, thanks

Everything can kill you, so ignore that and have fun til they do.