Register
Sign in

13 Nov 2023, 00:01
Avatar was missing for me but others could see it
A new Hufflepuff's avatar, Virginia Crowe, was not showing up in Badger Girl Talk / Hufflechat earlier this evening. I owled her about it and she said she could see it. All I got when I owled her was the word "Avatar" up in the corner where the "stamp" would be.

Amadea Campbell said she could see Virginia's avatar just fine in the Hufflechat, but I could not. Not certain what this was all about, but it was odd. I had asked Virginia to go to her profile and re-select her avatar all over again, so maybe that cleared it up, I don't know, but wanted to let you know.

The magic is real.

4 Jan 2024, 19:20
Ok. I was posting in the Leaky Cauldron's OOC Let's Chat, and noticed one of the poster's avatar was not showing up for me again. It was a different person... Alexander Mason. I asked and three other people said they saw only the word AVATAR where his photo should be, yet someone else reported that she could see his pfp when we could not.

I asked Alexander if he had playing with switching his avatar out under controls BEFORE I mentioned it, and he said he had not. Here is a screenshot of what I see when I look at it.

He went in after and changed his avatar and now we can all see it.

The magic is real.

5 Jan 2024, 05:31
AngelFyre McCubbin wrote: 4 Jan 2024, 19:20 Ok. I was posting in the Leaky Cauldron's OOC Let's Chat, and noticed one of the poster's avatar was not showing up for me again. It was a different person... Alexander Mason. I asked and three other people said they saw only the word AVATAR where his photo should be, yet someone else reported that she could see his pfp when we could not.

I asked Alexander if he had playing with switching his avatar out under controls BEFORE I mentioned it, and he said he had not. Here is a screenshot of what I see when I look at it.

He went in after and changed his avatar and now we can all see it.
Have you tried emptying your cache? If the site acts up for me, that usually fixes it.

Opeila | Theodore | Raffle
Head of Index | Prefect | Duelling Co-Captain
Sta-10 | Eva-11 | Str-4 | Wis-10 | Arc-9 | Acc-14

5 Jan 2024, 06:38
@Opeila Winters, actually I had done that first thing this morning. The thing was though, that I didn't change a single thing to be able to see him - he did. I'm not an IT person at all, but if it were my cache, it would seem it would make no difference no matter what he changed if I had done nothing at all. That being said, I will clear the cache if it happens again.

Thanks, Opeila!

The magic is real.