Register
Sign in

20 Feb 2018, 09:44
Overview Problems
Hello!

While i find the Encyclopedia to be a really helpful thing, it is still really empty. Are you working on Tutorials? Because i think it is one of the most important things to do.

As a newcomer, the game can be confusing, especially since it seems to be in some kind of beta-state.
The lack of rules and guidelines jsut supports this cofusion.

So imo we need a few Tutorial-Threads like RPG-Rules, Dueling Rules, Character Development (Stats) etc.

There are actually quite a few more things that seem confusing to me, which is because of the lack of information/communication - So a little more easily accessible transparency thread would be nice as well.

While i am at it, it is also quite confusing that you can play in different threads at once, since it kinda disturbs the continuity of things. Also the classes seem to be a "Join and Leave as you want" kinda thing and really unorganised over all. A few stable rules regarding many things could give a lot more to newcomers and players alike.

(If something i write is confusing, just ask me to explain further. I am not a native english speaker, so i maaay seem weird sometimes.)

20 Feb 2018, 09:57
Overview Problems
Hello!

I would like to answer your questions with how I understand the current state of things, if I may.
1. It is empty because things are currently under construction. I do believe we will slowly fill it in within the next month or so. (Hopefully not more than that!) As a quick fix, perhaps a mentor could help you understand the current workarounds of the site.
2. A more in-depth thread containing the breakdown of the regulations of the site is also under works. As it is a new site, there will be things that we may not have considered. If there are things you wish to include, please do not hesitate to send an owl to any member of the staff.
3. The actual "Class" system is currently under works as well. (It is marvelous, I tell you. I cannot wait for you to see it!)

We all intend to fix the lack of communication/information that you have mentioned. If you have any specific questions you wish to ask, or suggestions you wish to provide, please do not hesitate to send an owl - or reply to this thread.

We are at the very beginning, and there are very exciting things to come!

<< to be is a choice >>

20 Feb 2018, 13:20
Overview Problems
It's good to hear that everything is in development, but there are a few things that should be ready before opening the game to the public tbh.

Even if they are not ready, like now, it should be a pretty high priority to communicate that certain features will be coming in the future, so players don't just guess "Well, that's probably just not a thing here."

Personally i am very excited to see what is planned and what will be introducted in the future, especially since i am practically in love with the game design of 'our' games, such as hogwarts.io - By the way i am absolutely enchanted with the layout of this website, it feels so lively.

Since i am at work right now my time is limited, but i will definitely come back with more matters to annoy you all with. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

20 Feb 2018, 13:46
Overview Problems
This opened 2 weeks ago, we don't even have full staff yet. 

20 Feb 2018, 14:55
Overview Problems
Nathaniel Blackburn wrote: It's good to hear that everything is in development, but there are a few things that should be ready before opening the game to the public tbh.
Yes, but I was quite alone*, and English isn't even my mother tongue, so I needed a team to do this :)
And I knew that this team would many ideas I wouldn't have by myself: I wanted to give a lot of freedom to the community ;)

* a regent team helped a lot to put the first topics and rules, but it was impossible to populate everything by ourselves

20 Feb 2018, 15:21
Overview Problems
Zachary Winslow wrote:
Nathaniel Blackburn wrote: It's good to hear that everything is in development, but there are a few things that should be ready before opening the game to the public tbh.
Yes, but I was quite alone*, and English isn't even my mother tongue, so I needed a team to do this :)
And I knew that this team would many ideas I wouldn't have by myself: I wanted to give a lot of freedom to the community ;)

* a regent team helped a lot to put the first topics and rules, but it was impossible to populate everything by ourselves
I can fully understand that! I am working on a german text game, just like hogwarts.io (or rather very similiar) myself and it can be tough to do everything by yourself. It's even tougher to let other people work on your baby, so i can understand that.

All i am about is transparency. Let the people know beforehand, that it is still under construction and maybe open up a few threads for improvement ideas etc. That should be one of the first threads to open. Because this way, people could see an unfinished game and think it's in the endstate and be disappointed.

That said a general board for only OOC-Talk would be great, instead of many little OOC-Threads/Boards. That would also be the right place for suggestions, bug reports, questions etc. The FAQ is a great first step, but feels incomplete.

20 Feb 2018, 15:28
Overview Problems
It is a work in progress, everyone does its very best ;)