Register
Sign in

12 Oct 2022, 20:10
Errands FAQs
Of course, you can! It will not count towards the tasks that give rewards, but this is your story. Feel free to post additional content.

Cu ochii deschiși.

1 Nov 2022, 17:13
Errands FAQs
You can start posting your story from the 1st of November.

Cu ochii deschiși.

30 Nov 2022, 16:06
Errands FAQs
In the errand system it says
- Claiming an Errand: Errands are public, and therefore can be claimed by any Student who meets the Prerequisite. In order to claim an Errand, a student must be the first to post in the thread the Errand is posted, clearly claiming the Errand
so do I understand it correctly, that only the first can obtain the reward?

and second question: do I need to be registered with the index to take part? 🤔

Edward Foxe
Lumos Insignium - Designing Twinkling Trophies since 2023
#863B14

30 Nov 2022, 18:19
Errands FAQs
Lily Blaze wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 18:11
Edward Foxe wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 16:06 In the errand system it says
- Claiming an Errand: Errands are public, and therefore can be claimed by any Student who meets the Prerequisite. In order to claim an Errand, a student must be the first to post in the thread the Errand is posted, clearly claiming the Errand
so do I understand it correctly, that only the first can obtain the reward?

and second question: do I need to be registered with the index to take part? 🤔
1) Actually, that’s a good point. I’ve received a reward that I was fourth to post in, so I don’t know what that means.

2) No! I have seen many unregistered people posting in errands (and receiving rewards).
Just adding to Lily’s answer here:

1) some errands only allow for one individual to claim it. However, the errand will specify the participation numbers, in the most recent errand, it’s a mass thread so there’s no limit.

2) it’s kind of dependent on the errand. Some errands do require casting spells or instances of moderation requiring stats which would only apply to users who are indexed but not all errands contain these circumstances so therefore someone who isn’t indexed can participate.

30 Nov 2022, 18:23
Errands FAQs
Thank you both for your fast replies.

Then, I am really looking forward to attempting your errand @Emma Wynn ^^
Do I need to post first in the info thread and then post (like others have already done) or could I post in the other thread first and then write in the 'claim thread'
Also, it states that for IC it's December 2nd but OOC it starts today. So that means, when I write a post, then I should state there, that it is December 2nd (even though that's in the future from today's point of view?)

Edward Foxe
#863B14

30 Nov 2022, 18:42
Errands FAQs
Edward Foxe wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 18:23 Thank you both for your fast replies.

Then, I am really looking forward to attempting your errand @Emma Wynn ^^
Do I need to post first in the info thread and then post (like others have already done) or could I post in the other thread first and then write in the 'claim thread'
Also, it states that for IC it's December 2nd but OOC it starts today. So that means, when I write a post, then I should state there, that it is December 2nd (even though that's in the future from today's point of view?)
Excellent! I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

1) You can do it either way as long as you post in both before the deadline. Just make sure to meet the requirements as well (in this case word count). You can make several posts to meet the word count or do it all in one go whichever you prefer.

2) and you are correct. We can future date (only so far ahead) so the date in character is December 2nd.

30 Nov 2022, 18:51
Errands FAQs
Excellent! Then I'll start thinking about some cool inventions :grin:
It's a great errand idea!

Edward Foxe
#863B14

30 Nov 2022, 18:58
Errands FAQs
Oh wow, I didn't know there were some errands where only 1 person can get the reward :eyes:

That seems kind of unfair for most people, since a lot of them have school/college/work/different time zones. And they'd never be able to get to post in time to get the reward. Plus just the first one can get it?! Just imagine you're trying to post yours and click 'submit' and it says 'a new reply has been posted' literally a millisecond before you. Or at the same time. Then it all depends on how fast your internet connection is. I'm glad that all the errands I've seen since I've joined (Feb 11, 2022) have been mass group and not individual where only 1 person can get a reward. That type seems more fair to me.

MISC LINKS
my codes - shop
⠀⠀⠀I FEEL LIKE I'M IN SLOW MODE
sta • 9 | eva • 12 | str • 2 | wis • 7 | arc • 4 | acc • 10
MAIN STORY
kim - tone

30 Nov 2022, 19:20
Errands FAQs
Kim Sato wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 18:58 Oh wow, I didn't know there were some errands where only 1 person can get the reward :eyes:

That seems kind of unfair for most people, since a lot of them have school/college/work/different time zones. And they'd never be able to get to post in time to get the reward. Plus just the first one can get it?! Just imagine you're trying to post yours and click 'submit' and it says 'a new reply has been posted' literally a millisecond before you. Or at the same time. Then it all depends on how fast your internet connection is. I'm glad that all the errands I've seen since I've joined (Feb 11, 2022) have been mass group and not individual where only 1 person can get a reward. That type seems more fair to me.
Where is this coming from? I have never heard about an errand where only one person gets a reward.

Edit: Oh, got it- this is a misunderstanding. If there is a limited number of participants allowed, it's first come first serve. All participants still get a reward tho.

Opeila | Theodore | Raffle
Head of Index | Prefect | Duelling Co-Captain
Sta-10 | Eva-11 | Str-4 | Wis-10 | Arc-9 | Acc-14

30 Nov 2022, 23:13
Errands FAQs
Ahhh gotcha. Yeah that makes perfect sense to me! <3

MISC LINKS
my codes - shop
⠀⠀⠀I FEEL LIKE I'M IN SLOW MODE
sta • 9 | eva • 12 | str • 2 | wis • 7 | arc • 4 | acc • 10
MAIN STORY
kim - tone