Register
Sign in

4 Jun 2018, 13:07
Earning House Points
How does one earn points for their house?

I heard about voting, but when I click the link to vote and click what I assume is the voting button, it takes me to the page where all the rps are listed and a timer is set saying when I can vote next, but it doesn't seem to add the points to my profile.

Can someone clarify the voting process for me, as well as other methods to earn points?

You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong...
a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

4 Jun 2018, 13:12
Earning House Points
Gemini Violet wrote: 4 Jun 2018, 13:07 How does one earn points for their house?

I heard about voting, but when I click the link to vote and click what I assume is the voting button, it takes me to the page where all the rps are listed and a timer is set saying when I can vote next, but it doesn't seem to add the points to my profile.

Can someone clarify the voting process for me, as well as other methods to earn points?
Hey Gemini! There are two primary ways a student can earn points for their house. Once you have unlocked the homework system, you can earn points for your house by doing the homework there, and a different amount of points are added based on the grade you get. The other main way is by voting for Hogwarts.io on TopRPSites. There is usually a notification in your Remembrall that says "You can vote to extend our Wizarding community, but you can also earn house points!" Follow that link and vote each day. Points are assigned for that at the end of the week.

Besides those two main ways, house points are also added for miscellaneous other reasons, such as winning a Snowball Fight (a winter event we had on the site). Hope I could help you out! Any member of staff, feel free to correct me or add on.

How I'd die to catch the freedom of falling...
New Link, Who Dis?
STA:14 AGI:7 STR:4 CTRL:5

4 Jun 2018, 13:14
Earning House Points
Anatole Evans wrote:
Gemini Violet wrote: How does one earn points for their house?

Hey Gemini! There are two primary ways a student can earn points for their house. Once you have unlocked the homework system, you can earn points for your house by doing the homework there, and a different amount of points are added based on the grade you get. The other main way is by voting for Hogwarts.io on TopRPSites. There is usually a notification in your Remembrall that says "You can vote to extend our Wizarding community, but you can also earn house points!" Follow that link and vote each day. Points are assigned for that at the end of the week.

Besides those two main ways, house points are also added for miscellaneous other reasons, such as winning a Snowball Fight (a winter event we had on the site). Hope I could help you out! Any member of staff, feel free to correct me or add on.
Thank you! That was very helpful!

Have a great week!

You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong...
a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi