Register
Sign in

13 May 2020, 20:50
Operation Fowl Play  Errand 
In Cy's opinion, Mr. Equinox needed to ease up a little. (It is unknown whether or not Mr. Equinox agrees with this opinion.) And what better way to ease up than a simple prank? Or a high-effort one, possibly? But she's a professor, and this would be a wonderful way to get some student participation. Why not give her students a bit of practice while helping her pull a prank on a certain Head of House? Enter the Operation Fowl Play. Also known as Operation turn all the torches and candles around Mr. Equinox's office into ducks with the Avifors Spell. She has no idea if he'll be amused or displeased, but hey, we'll see what happens.
"Okay, everyone," Cy told the gaggle of students in front of her quietly. "You know what to do. This corridor is free range - the closer you can get to Professor Equinox's office, that door right down the hall, the better. He's still in there, though, so you're all going to have to be as quiet as you can!" She felt for the wall, moving her fingers along one of the grooves until it met with a sconce.

"Every source of light, and I mean every single one, should be a duck by the time we're done here. Leave it glowing, that'll probably be easiest, but remember to envision a duck - or a duckling, if that's easier for you - as you cast the spell, so that they don't turn into something nicer like owls or sparrows. We want ducks. Remember the spell: avifors, pronounced AH-vi-fors, and don't forget to pronounce the s at the end! One more time, here's the wand movement:" She traced an infinity sign in the air. "Make sure your wand ends up at the same place that it started. And please don't make an explosion, we're trying to be stealthy here. You have... about half an hour before he leaves, I think. Ready, set, go!"
PREREQUISITE Must know the Avifors Spell, whether through passing the Y2L1 homework, prodigial RP, or being in Third Year.

WC 700 per student

GROUP TYPE Choice of individual or group, as long as WC per student adds up to 700+. The thread should go in the Corridors - just link your thread here when you're done, along with the names of everyone participating if it's a group thread (that way you don't have to post the same thread five times).

REWARDS 3 HP and 1 Sickle per student

DEADLINE June 15th, 2020
EXTRA INFO
- Owl me if you want to godmod me a bit! I'll probably be fine with it, but I'd like to check to make sure it sounds like something Cy would do. I'm also happy to join your thread for a coupe of posts if you'd prefer that.
- For the purposes of this errand, any clumsiness that results in your character making sound will be lucky enough to go unnoticed by Professor Equinox.

13 May 2020, 21:18
Tag me in your thread when it is finished if you would like a reaction post.

✴Astronomy, as nothing else can do, teaches men humility ✴
Sta|9| Eva|20| Str|20| Wis| 2 | Arc| 2 | Acc|12|

25 May 2020, 23:17
thread: [x]
word count: 2741
participants: just me :meninblack:

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly.
STA 7 | EVA 12 | STR 18 | WIS 6 | ARCP 3 | ACC 16
martial artist | prodigal transfig | spell spread | animagus

26 May 2020, 02:40
Thread: x
Word count: 1158
Participants: Me (Amadea Campbell) & Ami Procoppio, but she also did her own individual one, so just me I suppose?

A.C.
happy, free, confused, and lonely in the best way

26 May 2020, 03:17
Heads-up, everyone - the deadline (which was not there before because I'm an idiot) is June 15th, 2020.

28 May 2020, 16:01
Thread: Link
WC: 756/700
Participants: Me
Alaric and Cypresse are invited to join!

"The only thing stronger than fear is curiosity"
Wanna Thread? Message me! || Sta 13 / Ev 20 / Str 2 / Wis 7 / Arc 15 / Acc 14 || Trunk || Font #9e8162 || Believe in yourself

12 Jun 2020, 20:58
Thread: Duck Duck Goose
WC: currently ~1200 & 854
Participants: Serena Towers & Glen Pope

Without love, it cannot be seen. ~ うみねこのなく頃に
Stamina: 10 | Evasion: 14 | Strength: 7 | Wisdom: 11 | Arcane Power: 5 | Accuracy: 8
Keen Eye | Fearless | Spell Spread | Advanced Casting | Impartial

27 Aug 2020, 08:54
ERRAND COMPLETION

Alan Vanes - 1pt (capped), 1 sickle
Amadea Campbell - 3pts, 1 sickle
Ami Procoppio - 3pts, 1 sickle
Glen Pope - 3pts, 1 sickle
Serena Towers - 3pts, 1 sickle